• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Marvin Away

Doc Shrink

Curmudgeon Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Signing for Livi.

Good luck big fella.

Forever a Hibs man.

Marvin to livi

Saw that he posted a “don’t be sad it’s over, be happy it happened” message on Instagram. Good move for him, hope he gets a regular game.

He'll be a good player for them.
A soldier in midfield.

Good luck Marv, you're a Hibs man now, we all know.

Another legend departs. We never lost a derby whilst he was on the pitch, the only defeat he featured in (the 1-0 SC loss at the PBS last season) they'd already kicked him off the park injured with the score still 0-0. All the best Marv!

Sad to hear this but glad for him that he'll hopefully be getting a game there instead of wasting his last couple of playing years sitting on the bench, all the best Marv

Genuinely welled up while watching this. So much love for this man.

I also believe that like in SJM's case, we are going to struggle to replace him in terms of influence and personality.

Would desperately love to see him get a goal on Sunday.

Thanks, Marvin. You'll never be forgotten round this way.

All the best "Big Man" and thanks for all memories especially against the Gunts!!

Good luck, Marvin.
Top geeza!

A Hibernian Legend, I wish him well at Livingston.

Wot a guy, thru all the trials and tribs, the ups and downs, man bleeds green now - thanks too to all you Embra hibbies for supporting him so well during the games with your vocals!

G'luck at livvy Bartman!

He’s so much better than that c*nt Paul Hartley!!!!....

All the best Marv, you will be missed big man. Welcome back at ER anytime. You leave with a league winners medal and most of all a Scottish Cup winners medal. Legend!!!

P.s - If we get a penalty on Sunday against the sheep, Marv must take it!

Dissapointing. I wait with baited breath to see the replacements for all those that will leave Hibs.
BIG G

Sad news loved the big guy.Also my bet on Marv to score first goal will never come up.

Sad to see him go, he's a legend. And I have a feeling he'll be a tricky opponent!

Good luck to the lad. He was a rock in midfield and gave no quarter against the mob across the toon. Probably best move all round though as Hecky needs to rebuild the midfield.

Gutted to see him go, I've always been a cheerleader for the big guy, but no point in renewal if he wasn't going to play. Also, we have Milligan on the books who can do a similar job.

Our defensive is pretty tight so I'd imagine Heck is looking for a more creative CM.

All the best Marv. You'll always be fondly remembered at Hibs. Not bad leaving a club legend too.

Marvin Bartley has been a fine defensive midfielder for Hibs over the last four years, but probably feels he now needs a new challenge. Another very good signing from Allan Stubbs. All the best for the rest of your career Marvin.

Came as an unknown and left as a legend. ?

Another legend departs. We never lost a derby whilst he was on the pitch, the only defeat he featured in (the 1-0 SC loss at the PBS last season) they'd already kicked him off the park injured with the score still 0-0. All the best Marv!
Good stat that

I also believe that like in SJM's case, we are going to struggle to replace him in terms of influence and personality.

Me too. I absolutely love the big fella. So sad to see him leave, only 5 from the cup winning team left now.

It's been coming for months. He's not really figured through a combination of recurring injury and managerial choice. So not at all surprised but wasn't ready for how sad it has made me feel. SJM was a real, real sair yin. Still not really over it. Marv brought a tear to my eye.

Sauzee only knows what I will feel like when Lewy goes. It's hard to remember or imagine Hibs without him. That will be the end of an era for real...

Marvin Bartley has been a fine defensive midfielder for Hibs over the last four years, but probably feels he now needs a new challenge. Another very good signing from Allan Stubbs. All the best for the rest of your career Marvin.
I think it's another gem that head of recruitment Graeme Mathie and his team have identified. Also responsible for many others like SJM and Dylan. It doesn't seem Marv was that struck to come up initially but soon realised what a great club Hibs are. Mathie seems to have been very persuasive with Marv. I don't think he gets the credit he deserves.

Sad news loved the big guy.Also my bet on Marv to score first goal will never come up.
Don't give up yet - I've backed him for Sunday!

One of the biggest (and best) personalities we’ve had at Easter Road.

Would happily have kept him as an ambassador - dressing room and around the club needs standouts like him.

He drove us just as much as Conrad did in that semi final against Dundee United. He captained Hibs at Tynecastle and won in the other this season.

The roof would lift off if he managed to depart with a goal.

Will miss big Marc as well total legend,gentlemen and all round good guy..all the best at livi, might see you back as manager one day .. GGTTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too. I absolutely love the big fella. So sad to see him leave, only 5 from the cup winning team left now.
Looks like Hibs and our fans have made as big an impression on him as he's made on the club. That my friends speaks volumes.
Let's all remember next time we play Livi that he's a Hibs man at heart and show him the respect he deserves.
Good luck big Marv and thanks for the memories. See you Sunday.

"I'll bleed green now" - got me welling up. Love the guy

Big contribution to our legendary cup win and resurgence and will always be welcome in Leith, he could be found on Xmas day volunteering to serve the meals for Crisis at southside community centre a few years running and did so without any fuss.

Looks like Hibs and our fans have made as big an impression on him as he's made on the club. That my friends speaks volumes.
Let's all remember next time we play Livi that he's a Hibs man at heart and show him the respect he deserves.
Good luck big Marv and thanks for the memories. See you Sunday.
Well said mate I agree 100%

Sad to see him go, however he blew hot and cold a lot. Loved him when he was strong in the tackle and doing the job he was good at, breaking up play and closing midfield down. On the negative, he was not he best player going forward and we have too many players who pass side to side and backwards. Loved him though and wish him all the best.

That’s a very good point, I do think we’ve lost some big characters in McGinn & Bartley, and not sure that personality has been replaced in the dressing room.

Gave his all and hates the gorgie mutants. Hopefully will be seen with the rest of us at Hampden next season.

846_20190518_141858.JPG

When he posted those pictures... I'm sure it came with a caption saying something along the lines of

"When I came to Edinburgh people told me I'd achieve nothing"

What he eventually achieved was everything ?

This thread has been viewed 2653 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50