• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Martin Boyle Returns! Merged Threads

I personally think that's exactly where we are going wrong in modern life. We (not referring specifically to you or me) appear to want to exist in an echo chamber surrounded by folk who we share and agree with on everything. I have pals with extreme left wing and right wing utter nonsense. Should we ever discuss I point out the absurdity of their opinions. Some have slightly altered their opinions. And indeed so have I!

Me too, but some are better just dumped.

On hold…apparently 🥲

I don’t want to live in an echo chamber, I’m always interested in finding the idiots and making sure I take the steps to avoid them. At no point do I want to refer to a Farage acolyte as a pal.
And call me odd, but I do kind of want to be surrounded by folk that share the same world views on things. Isn’t that kind of the point of choosing who you spend time with?

Please make this happen!

Bid made apparently.

Saudi Arabia is on the list of countries from FIFA for players to not play based on non payment of wages SA, Turkey, China I think were the 3 on the list if I remember right

First of all, can I just say that like every other Hibs fan I would be delighted if we got Martin Boyle back. It has became apparent now to everyone that he was so important to our team as an attacking force, and we have suffered badly in that respect since he left. He was a huge miss after his exit in January and no serious attempt was made by the club to replace him hence our results suffered accordingly.

But we desperately need another central defender as a priority IMO....and for me a proven goalscorer. If (and I hope it happens obviously) Boyle returns, I very much hope that is not the end of our business and at least another central defender is brought in.

Saudi Arabia is on the list of countries from FIFA for players to not play based on non payment of wages SA, Turkey, China I think were the 3 on the list if I remember right
7 countries recently I believe. Stevie Mallan taking his former Turkish team to court.

First of all, can I just say that like every other Hibs fan I would be delighted if we got Martin Boyle back. It has became apparent now to everyone that he was so important to our team as an attacking force, and we have suffered badly in that respect since he left. He was a huge miss after his exit in January and no serious attempt was made by the club to replace him hence our results suffered accordingly.

But we desperately need another central defender as a priority IMO....and for me a proven goalscorer. If (and I hope it happens obviously) Boyle returns, I very much hope that is not the end of our business and at least another central defender is brought in.

I dinnae entirely agree on another striker tbh. We have Youan, Melkerson, Doidge and Nisbet. We lack wingers and with McGeady out we desperately need someone in. Agree we need another CB preferably a left sided one.

I dinnae entirely agree on another striker tbh. We have Youan, Melkerson, Doidge and Nisbet. We lack wingers and with McGeady out we desperately need someone in. Agree we need another CB preferably a left sided one.
However, this summer we signed two wingers and hopefully soon a third. And we've got Cadden & Mitchell.

However, this summer we signed two wingers and hopefully soon a third. And we've got Cadden & Mitchell.

Could see Cadden as a winger tbf but Boyle could also play up front. Good to have Mitchell back.

I think we are desperately in need of a CM player… someone who can dictate the midfield…been the missing link fir years

Could see Cadden as a winger tbf but Boyle could also play up front. Good to have Mitchell back.
I like to see us with a variety of quick players. There's been times in the past where we've maybe only had 1 or 2 which isn't great.

I think we are desperately in need of a CM player… someone who can dictate the midfield…been the missing link fir years
Agree 100%. Newell has some benefits but he will never be the answer. It should be our #1 priority to have a proper playmaker in there.

Reckon Hibs see Magennis as that player and so are reluctant to sign another. But as he is coming up for a year on the sidelines they really should be

I totally agree, however I can’t see Hibs addressing it this window. They’ve made a lot of signings already, the priority seems to be Boyle (or another winger) and maybe a centre half.

For me it’s the last chance for JDH or Newell to show they can consistently deliver in this role, and for Magennis to get fit enough to get back on the park. If none of that happens, serious investment will be required.

Could do worse than take a punt on McGeouch on a pay as you play deal IMO.

I totally agree, however I can’t see Hibs addressing it this window. They’ve made a lot of signings already, the priority seems to be Boyle (or another winger) and maybe a centre half.

For me it’s the last chance for JDH or Newell to show they can consistently deliver in this role, and for Magennis to get fit enough to get back on the park. If none of that happens, serious investment will be required.

I think JDH is a bit part player already. No room for him in the starting 11.

Reactions: Zab
I think JDH is a bit part player already. No room for him in the starting 11.

Aye looks that way, only space for either him or Newell. I think I prefer JDH over Newell, but would rather a fit Magennis over both.

I like to see us with a variety of quick players. There's been times in the past where we've maybe only had 1 or 2 which isn't great.

Aye totally agree. Instead of teams working out how to deal with our main threat have more than one.

Great point that. No matter how good a player is, if he’s the only threat other teams will find a way to nullify him.

Having Boyle, Youan and Melkersen as a front three would be tidy, particularly with Henderson in the midfield behind them.

This is gonna happen 🙄

This is gonna happen 🙄

20220804_143637.jpg

Trump knows 🤣

This is gonna happen 🙄
It will.

I noted in this a lot of people wanting a CD, bit off topic sorry about this but I am confused why people want a CD.

On the books currently are

Ryan Porteous
Rocky Bushiri
Paul Hanlon
Darren McGregor
Kyle McClelland
Jacob Blaney
Jack Brydon

Ok so 2 of them are development players but both look promising Kyle looks like is near first team already. Darren is great cover leaving 3 first team picks for 2 places as we are yet to play a back 3 under LJ he has exclusively played 2 CB. Who are we selling/getting rid off from that lot? There is more than enough cover and youth to play in too

I noted in this a lot of people wanting a CD, bit off topic sorry about this but I am confused why people want a CD.

Ryan Porteous
Rocky Bushiri
Paul Hanlon
Darren McGregor
Kyle McClelland
Jacob Blaney
Jack Brydon

Ok so 2 of them are development players but both look promising Kyle looks like is near first team already. Darren is great cover leaving 3 first team picks for 2 places as we are yet to play a back 3 under LJ he has exclusively played 2 CB. Who are we selling/getting rid off from that lot? There is more than enough cover and youth to play in too
We sign someone/anyone in any position and someone will rock up and say another position is more of a priority. Its as if we shouldn't sign anyone till we get a CB at the moment!

It may well be a priority but if an appropriate player in that position isn't available I'm not going to lose sleep that we've signed a better player than we've got in another position. Even if it wasn't close to a priority.

If it makes us better it makes us better.

That elusive CB, that's right for the club, might be the next signing but in the meantime we have become stronger.

Ryan Porteous
Rocky Bushiri
Paul Hanlon
Darren McGregor
Kyle McClelland
Jacob Blaney
Jack Brydon

For me a good squad needs four first team calibre centre halves. We currently have two who are fully fit, plus Hanlon who is returning from injury. We’re very much one short IMO, especially given Porteous’ disciplinary record last season and we don’t know how well Hanlon has recovered.

McGregor and the other players you listed are part of the development squad, that’s the best place for them right now. Come next summer we’ll have to at least replace Porteous so hopefully one of McClelland, Blaney or Brydon can step up.

For me a good squad needs four first team calibre centre halves. We currently have two who are fully fit, plus Hanlon who is returning from injury. We’re very much one short IMO, especially given Porteous’ disciplinary record last season and we don’t know how well Hanlon has recovered.

McGregor and the other players you listed are part of the development squad, that’s the best place for them right now. Come next summer we’ll have to at least replace Porteous so hopefully one of McClelland, Blaney or Brydon can step up.
I like the sentiment, however if your signing another CB it has to be someone better than Ryan, Rocky or Paul. To do that your paying a lot on wages and a fee.. To sign a backup if foolish you will pay a player to sit on the bench or in the stand when you have Darren or Kyle who if you sign a backup your basically hampering the development of Kyle from not getting any game time as a sub or playing when needed and he is closer to first team than sitting on the dev team for a year. If we do get a stonking good CB I am all up for it but not some journeyman backup.

Reactions: Dub
Exactly. Injuries/ suspensions can happen to any team but getting a very good ch in so either rocky of porto plus hanlon sit on the bench im not sure is likely to happen. Great if we can afford it.

This reads that it might be on…

I'm not having a go at you here, but I always have a chuckle when I see this often mentioned option. Has anyone EVER in Scotland signed such a contract? . I can't recall one , I'm not even sure they exist.

Regarding the central defender situation....Lee Johnson has already said he wants four competing for the places.
At the moment we only have two fit central defenders in Rocky Bushiri and Ryan Porteous...both right sided.
Our only left sided central defender is Paul Hanlon who played his first match for months during the week for the development team and only 45 minutes at that. Darren McGregor is semi-retired and should only be called upon in a dire emergency. Kyle McLelland was signed for the development squad as was stated by the club at the time.

The other elephant in the room is that there is still three weeks left of a transfer window which could see a bid coming in for Ryan Porteous at any time.

Undoubtedly we need another central defender in as soon as possible, and preferably a left-sided one to complete with Paul Hanlon and eventually replace him. IMO we have neglected the central defence situation for too long. Not enough proper forward planning has been done in recent years.

Boyle a done deal, apparently.
Straight from somebody that knows the horse

Boyle a done deal, apparently.
Straight from somebody that knows the horse
Announcement pre or post derby do you know?

I'm not having a go at you here, but I always have a chuckle when I see this often mentioned option. Has anyone EVER in Scotland signed such a contract? . I can't recall one , I'm not even sure they exist.

It’s not literally “pay as you play”, that’s just an easy way of putting it. In reality the contract would be a very low weekly wage with a higher than normal appearance fee bonus.

I’d say they’re fairly common in Scottish football and beyond, particularly for players on short term contracts.

Announcement pre or post derby do you know?
That I don't know, its from somebody who has inside contacts at ER but until its announced I wont hold my breath

It’s not literally “pay as you play”, that’s just an easy way of putting it. In reality the contract would be a very low weekly wage with a higher than normal appearance fee bonus.

I’d say they’re fairly common in Scottish football and beyond, particularly for players on short term contracts.

I think Kev the Hun was on a deal like that when he came back to us.
Sure he told everyone that would listen so he seemed like some sorta hero taking a minimum weekly.

I think Kev the Hun was on a deal like that when he came back to us.
Sure he told everyone that would listen so he seemed like some sorta hero taking a minimum weekly.

Aye that rings a bell, there’s been a few others other the years have been on similar.

George Best.

Screenshot_20220805-203344_Twitter.jpg
👀

This thread has been viewed 16576 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back