Martin Boyle Returns! Merged Threads

southfieldhibby

Private Member
Reaction score
I dont want to live in an echo chamber, Im always interested in finding the idiots and making sure I take the steps to avoid them. At no point do I want to refer to a Farage acolyte as a pal.
And call me odd, but I do kind of want to be surrounded by folk that share the same world views on things. Isnt that kind of the point of choosing who you spend time with?

cstkto

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score
Saudi Arabia is on the list of countries from FIFA for players to not play based on non payment of wages SA, Turkey, China I think were the 3 on the list if I remember right

Greenmachine

Private Member
Reaction score
First of all, can I just say that like every other Hibs fan I would be delighted if we got Martin Boyle back. It has became apparent now to everyone that he was so important to our team as an attacking force, and we have suffered badly in that respect since he left. He was a huge miss after his exit in January and no serious attempt was made by the club to replace him hence our results suffered accordingly.

But we desperately need another central defender as a priority IMO....and for me a proven goalscorer. If (and I hope it happens obviously) Boyle returns, I very much hope that is not the end of our business and at least another central defender is brought in.

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score
Saudi Arabia is on the list of countries from FIFA for players to not play based on non payment of wages SA, Turkey, China I think were the 3 on the list if I remember right
7 countries recently I believe. Stevie Mallan taking his former Turkish team to court.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
First of all, can I just say that like every other Hibs fan I would be delighted if we got Martin Boyle back. It has became apparent now to everyone that he was so important to our team as an attacking force, and we have suffered badly in that respect since he left. He was a huge miss after his exit in January and no serious attempt was made by the club to replace him hence our results suffered accordingly.

But we desperately need another central defender as a priority IMO....and for me a proven goalscorer. If (and I hope it happens obviously) Boyle returns, I very much hope that is not the end of our business and at least another central defender is brought in.

I dinnae entirely agree on another striker tbh. We have Youan, Melkerson, Doidge and Nisbet. We lack wingers and with McGeady out we desperately need someone in. Agree we need another CB preferably a left sided one.

Smurf

Private Member
Reaction score
I dinnae entirely agree on another striker tbh. We have Youan, Melkerson, Doidge and Nisbet. We lack wingers and with McGeady out we desperately need someone in. Agree we need another CB preferably a left sided one.
However, this summer we signed two wingers and hopefully soon a third. And we've got Cadden & Mitchell.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
However, this summer we signed two wingers and hopefully soon a third. And we've got Cadden & Mitchell.

Could see Cadden as a winger tbf but Boyle could also play up front. Good to have Mitchell back.

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score
Could see Cadden as a winger tbf but Boyle could also play up front. Good to have Mitchell back.
I like to see us with a variety of quick players. There's been times in the past where we've maybe only had 1 or 2 which isn't great.

Zab

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
I think we are desperately in need of a CM player someone who can dictate the midfield在een the missing link fir years

I totally agree, however I cant see Hibs addressing it this window. Theyve made a lot of signings already, the priority seems to be Boyle (or another winger) and maybe a centre half.

For me its the last chance for JDH or Newell to show they can consistently deliver in this role, and for Magennis to get fit enough to get back on the park. If none of that happens, serious investment will be required.

Could do worse than take a punt on McGeouch on a pay as you play deal IMO.

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
I totally agree, however I cant see Hibs addressing it this window. Theyve made a lot of signings already, the priority seems to be Boyle (or another winger) and maybe a centre half.

For me its the last chance for JDH or Newell to show they can consistently deliver in this role, and for Magennis to get fit enough to get back on the park. If none of that happens, serious investment will be required.

Could do worse than take a punt on McGeouch on a pay as you play deal IMO.
I think JDH is a bit part player already. No room for him in the starting 11.

Reactions: Zab

Zab

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
I think JDH is a bit part player already. No room for him in the starting 11.

Aye looks that way, only space for either him or Newell. I think I prefer JDH over Newell, but would rather a fit Magennis over both.

Zab

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
I like to see us with a variety of quick players. There's been times in the past where we've maybe only had 1 or 2 which isn't great.

Great point that. No matter how good a player is, if hes the only threat other teams will find a way to nullify him.

Having Boyle, Youan and Melkersen as a front three would be tidy, particularly with Henderson in the midfield behind them.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
This is gonna happen

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here

This thread has been viewed 11527 times.

Support the Site!

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
瞿100.00
Earned
瞿28.75