• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Mark McNulty signs on loan

Not happening.

Better tell McNulty.

Better tell McNulty.

Going be a long day tomorrow.

Better tell McNulty.

Spill.

The nearer it gets to deadline time tomorrow the more likely Reading will accept Hibs bid. They want him away and he wants to come home. Anyone know what time the window slams shut tomorrow in Scotland ?

The nearer it gets to deadline time tomorrow the more likely Reading will accept Hibs bid. They want him away and he wants to come home. Anyone know what time the window slams shut tomorrow in Scotland ?

11 pm ?

Slams shut?
You are Jim White and I claim my fiver :icon-lol:

its midnight

its midnight

A but does it slam shut, or click quietly with sighs of scunneredness at midnight?

A but does it slam shut, or click quietly with sighs of scunneredness at midnight?

For Hibs it'll probably be both just to keep everyone happy

Fuck all will be slamming shut if no players are brought in. There will be an angry mob with pitchforks kicking that door in.

He wants home and wants a deal done. Reading concessions needed (not a slight on Hibs though), Reading are mental.

For Hibs it'll probably be both just to keep everyone happy

The window neither slammed shut nor clicked quietly.

The good news - Hibs are believed to be frontrunners to securing an 18 month loan deal for McNulty by the transfer deadline (Scotsman).
The bad news - should he be a success he'll still have another 2 years to run on his contract with Reading. He signed a 4 year deal with Reading at the start of the season.

The good news - Hibs are believed to be frontrunners to securing an 18 month loan deal for McNulty by the transfer deadline (Scotsman).
The bad news - should he be a success he'll still have another 2 years to run on his contract with Reading. He signed a 4 year deal with Reading at the start of the season.
At least 18 months gives us a little continuety.

Loan deals are us.

Loan deals are us.
It would appear so....having said that if McLaren goes we will just be replacing one long term loanee striker with another.

Loan deals are us.

Usual pish, loan deals, loan deals and more loan deals.

Not ideal with another loan but we have no.manager and a bare squad so will be happy with any addition of a good standard. Least the new manager will have a cleanish slate to say yae or nay to the players put in front of him, providing he is giving the choice , who knows these days.

Better than nothing though , still need another forward if McLaren goes and another CH.

Im not a fan of them either but in McNultys case it might be wise. He is a risk.

Hes had two great seasons in League 1 but he's never made the transition to The English Championship successfuly with Sheffield Utd or Reading. £1m would be a hell of a cash to splash when we could end up with another James Collins.

Im not a fan of them either but in McNultys case it might be wise. He is a risk.

Hes had two great seasons in League 1 but he's never made the transition to The English Championship successfuly with Sheffield Utd or Reading. £1m would be a hell of a cash to splash when we could end up with another James Collins.

The lad could score 30 goals from now to the end of the season and we wouldn't spend £1m. I'm guessing Reading are probably looking for about half that and probably out of our budget. My biggest problem with loans are we are developing other teams players. If he bangs them in for his loan period, there's every chance he gets picked up by someone else. We should be doing it the opposite way. More permanent signings with a few loans. I'd rather develop Shaw for the rest of the season, than take someone in on loan.

18 month deal would be good news

No different from most other SPL clubs.
The way of the footballing world today.

The lad could score 30 goals from now to the end of the season and we wouldn't spend £1m. I'm guessing Reading are probably looking for about half that and probably out of our budget. My biggest problem with loans are we are developing other teams players. If he bangs them in for his loan period, there's every chance he gets picked up by someone else. We should be doing it the opposite way. More permanent signings with a few loans. I'd rather develop Shaw for the rest of the season, than take someone in on loan.
Done it with Agathe it's a road the club are prepared to go down , it will be another rebuild at the end of the season .

Done it with Agathe it's a road the club are prepared to go down , it will be another rebuild at the end of the season .
As it is will be with most clubs at our level.

Depends what you call our level. Aberdeen, Rangers and Hearts, not so much. Killie and the likes, then yes. The top teams use loan deals, but for the most part, actually sign players permanently. I have nothing against taking the odd loan player, but the way we do our business is murder.

Agyepong
Hyndman
Maclaren
Gauld
Bogdan
Omeonga

Just far too many for my liking and more to come probably.

Indeed.
Depends what you call our level. Aberdeen, Rangers and Hearts, not so much. Killie and the likes, then yes. The top teams use loan deals, but for the most part, actually sign players permanently. I have nothing against taking the odd loan player, but the way we do our business is murder.

Agyepong
Hyndman
Maclaren
Gauld
Bogdan
Omeonga

Huns.
Defoe.
Worrall. Coulibaly.
Kent, Davis. Ejaria.

Aberdeen.
Lowe.
Stewart.
Hoban
Ball.
Wilson.
Morgan.

Celtic.
Benkovic.
Barzani.
Weah.
Burke.
And they can afford to buy, yet still use loans.

Indeed.

Huns.
Defoe.
Worrall. Coulibaly.
Kent, Davis. Ejaria.

Aberdeen.
Lowe.
Stewart.
Hoban
Ball.
Wilson.
Morgan.

Celtic.
Benkovic.
Barzani.
Weah.
Burke.
And they can afford to buy, yet still use loans.

That should put your gas at a peep, @SuperTortolano . I know you don't like it, nobody does, but you sound like a Brexiter the way you go on - i.e. railing pointlessly against reality. Hibs, along with EVERY Scottish club are in the loan strata of the food chain, whether we like it or not. It's largely the only way we can bring in the quality we all - you included - demand.

Sure, we could sign an unknown from Scottish League 1 and see how it works out, or just go with Shaw, but I guarantee you'd be bumping your gums about that, too. We need players who are going to have an immediate impact if we are to rescue top six. If that means loans, so be it - the summer is the time to hopefully get some pens to paper.

Agyepong
Hyndman
Maclaren
Gauld
Bogdan
Omeonga

£3m? £4m? £5m worth of talent?

We just don't have that sort of money nor the £'000s a week they get in wages.

I'm not that fussy about loans but I don't know where we'd be without them.

He was in Reading this morning having breakfast. He was having pancakes & syrup. His team mate David Meyler was having a much better looking cooked full English....

He was in Reading this morning having breakfast. He was having pancakes & syrup. His team mate David Meyler was having a much better looking cooked full English....
Hell get pancakes and syrup in Edinburgh.
If Meyler signs on the c*nt will get a full Scottish and be done with it!

Screenshot_20190131-132040_Twitter.jpg

In Ascot.

O.k. He'll have to make do with Musselburgh....

Reading paid a bit of cash for him and would want a chunk of cash for his departure, sounds dead to me

Reading paid a bit of cash for him and would want a chunk of cash for his departure, sounds dead to me
Can't see it happening either.

A loan deal maybe.
Or ‘who blinks first’ on a transfer.
Reading must know that the value Dan Sarf and the value Oop Norf don’t bear comparison.

Journalist online saying unlikely but never say never... :grrr:

We’ll get a loan deal done (fingers crossed), definitely not as long as 18months.

We’ll get a loan deal done (fingers crossed), definitely not as long as 18months.
I’ve heard there is other championship clubs in for him, reading want to sell and not loan apparantly the fee is sround 750,000

I’ve heard there is other championship clubs in for him, reading want to sell and not loan apparantly the fee is sround 750,000

That’s near accurate, my source is close to the player but he wants home.

See what transpires.

This thread has been viewed 12182 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back