Mark McNulty signs on loan

I'm hearing is on his way?

Was told this three weeks ago too (friend of a friend) when he was up the road during the festive period.

It depended on what’s happening elsewhere (Allan?).

I expect McNulty and Allan to be announced in the next couple of days - and if McLaren is away (which is on the cards) then a striker surely will be lined up.

Wonder if Jason was just bullshitting about coming back here.....

I expect McNulty and Allan to be announced in the next couple of days - and if McLaren is away (which is on the cards) then a striker surely will be lined up.

I heard Jase fully expected to be back at Hibs this window? I doubt his agent orange would allow it.

My thoughts too - his agent is also his business partner, as well as being a Currant Bun. Sounds an unlikely scenario, particularly with some of the anti-Hibs tweets he spouted. jason is of course almost as big a blether as Gary O'C who was always telling randoms he was about to sign for Rangers/Celtic/Barca/etc...
You never know though.
I Jamie is offski we could do with another signing as well as McNulty.

Yes please to McNulty

Know much about him, R? Can he play "number 9"?

Was in the hibs system as a bairn.

I’ve heard the same as shrink - both will be in before the end of the transfer window.

Hibs fan from Porty, with Hibs when he was young, did very well at Coventry last season and got move to Reading. Not seen huge amount of him recently but always thought he was decent

That’ll do for me.

I like McNulty, on his day he is a tidy wee striker. He is a bit of a confidence player though and can go on barren runs when the going gets tough or he isnt in the starting 11.

i hope so, on all counts

I have also heard McNulty on his way. We will have to pay a fee for him though as he is on a long term contract.

I hope we get two strikers (if McLaren goes), a winger and a central defender. Wonder if there is any prospect of Efe doing an about turn ?

I have also heard McNulty on his way. We will have to pay a fee for him though as he is on a long term contract.

I hope we get two strikers (if McLaren goes), a winger and a central defender. Wonder if there is any prospect of Efe doing an about turn ?

Ambrose is leaving it very late , not convinced clubs are queueing up for him so maybe there is a chance ?

Heard today second bid for mcnulty turned down and we are a fair bit away from agreement, told loan deal more likely but will go right to the wire. Ggtth

Ambrose is leaving it very late , not convinced clubs are queueing up for him so maybe there is a chance ?

He’s free so can sign after the window closes. If Lennon isnae here I canny see a U-turn.

Surprised he hasn’t landed anything yet, no rush for him though.

Heard today second bid for mcnulty turned down and we are a fair bit away from agreement, told loan deal more likely but will go right to the wire. Ggtth

We’re due a cut of any fee - bizarre!

He’s free so can sign after the window closes. If Lennon isnae here I canny see a U-turn.

Surprised he hasn’t landed anything yet, no rush for him though.

Aye there is that

Maybe he fancied a wee holiday? Why he left when he did. Not the best to have not kicked a ball since December. He'll be rusty wherever he goes.

I doubt he’ll be rusty - he’s a top pro. He hadn’t really played all season when he joined us, and was quality from the start.

His agent is the same as McNulty’s and Allan’s

Scott Allan changed his.

Boy on .net reckons the McNulty deal is off.

Ffs lets hope he's wrong .

We made a third bid was the last I heard.

Not often I get something that's more than hearsay but I do - Reading are pricing Hibs out of a permanent move - if McNulty doesn't move permanently elsewhere to any other suitors a loan could maybe be revived (they really want him shifted).

1m was said (Reading recouping money) and given his record, background and current position I don't think he is worth that (it is the English market though).

Don't know what Hibs have offered with first two bids - third one incoming though.

Not often I get something that's more than hearsay but I do - Reading are pricing Hibs out of a permanent move - if McNulty doesn't move permanently elsewhere to any other suitors a loan could maybe be revived (they really want him shifted).

1m was said (Reading recouping money) and given his record, background and current position I don't think he is worth that (it is the English market though).

Don't know what Hibs have offered with first two bids - third one incoming though.
I would think after 2 bids failed hibs will know how much they want if it's a million we will surely move to another potential target.
I wouldn't like to think we haven't got other options.

I would think after 2 bids failed hibs will know how much they want if it's a million we will surely move to another potential target.
I wouldn't like to think we haven't got other options.

They won't be derisory bids I'm sure, more to keep one on the table and moving the figure north. Depends on how desperate Reading are to shift him and the player preference - as we both know Hibs won't go anywhere near 1million - even half of that would be one of Hibs biggest transfer fee's paid in their history.

Reading spent over £1m for him in the summer, so they’ll want to recover as much of that as possible. If Hibs are serious about buying him, we’d have to be spending somerwhere around the £500K mark surely? Plus a substantial contract along with it.

While I’m happy to see us being so ambitious, it seems strange to make such a move given the situation with our head coach.

Reading spent over £1m for him in the summer, so they’ll want to recover as much of that as possible. If Hibs are serious about buying him, we’d have to be spending somerwhere around the £500K mark surely? Plus a substantial contract along with it.

While I’m happy to see us being so ambitious, it seems strange to make such a move given the situation with our head coach.

True - the way we're modelled now is the head coach has an input into player identification, along with George Craig and Graeme Mathie plus others, and not full ownership in the past.

I've no doubt the Lennon saga will have slowed signing completions - unsettling for sure.

If we don't strengthen.......... there's going to be a meltdown.
McNulty (guessing here) is probably our marquee signing, with possibly a couple of loan deals being discussed too. If we end up with no 'obvious' quality being signed then the pitchforks and torches will be out - and understandably so.

It will be very difficult for all Hibs fans, and almost impossible to bear for roaster board apologists who masquerade as Hibs fans.

Tbh theres no excuses not to have more signings we all know there needed , just have to wait and see what happens.
Regarding board apologists anyone who thinks it's fine to go with we have got obviously hasn't got a clue.

If we don't strengthen.......... there's going to be a meltdown.
McNulty (guessing here) is probably our marquee signing, with possibly a couple of loan deals being discussed too. If we end up with no 'obvious' quality being signed then the pitchforks and torches will be out - and understandably so.

It will be very difficult for all Hibs fans, and almost impossible to bear for roaster board apologists who masquerade as Hibs fans.
The most disappointing thing will be what we pay out on compensation to the current management and potentially bringing in a replacement against what could have been spent on players in the summer, such as Scott Allan. Would we be in this position now?

And of course the feel good factor bringing increased ST's etc etc. Starting to feel 1 step forward 2 steps back.

Regarding board apologists anyone who thinks it's fine to go with we have got obviously hasn't got a clue.

I don't think anyone has said that on the bounce?

The most disappointing thing will be what we pay out on compensation to the current management and potentially bringing in a replacement against what could have been spent on players in the summer, such as Scott Allan. Would we be in this position now?

And of course the feel good factor bringing increased ST's etc etc. Starting to feel 1 step forward 2 steps back.

McNulty & Allan would certainly help maintain ST numbers, especially if we have as strong a second half of the season as last year. Big ask though.

Just takes results against few teams above to.pull us back into.a position to still be in with a sniff of saving face. As it stands a couple more bad results for us with other results going against us and season could be a write off by March.

Very true. There’s always the cup as well...

As usual we leave our business to the very end. We are short at least 3-4 players, especially if Maclaren is leaving. No chance we'll get what we actually need. McNulty and Allan if we are lucky, still well short IMO.

“hibs are still way under the valuation”.

Hoping we’ll get him - sounds like a loan is a no go for Reading.

3 year deal if it gets done tomorrow.

“hibs are still way under the valuation”.

Hoping we’ll get him - sounds like a loan is a no go for Reading.

3 year deal if it gets done tomorrow.

Not happening.

This thread has been viewed 12178 times.