• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Ma Local

The Moat bar. I've been in there a couple of times back in the 80s. My mate Brian Redpath aka Gypo used to live in Moat st or terr. Can't even tell you what it was like inside as we used to go on the lash straight after work in Leith and by the time we got to his place via the Go Go dancers in the West Port we were absolutely trolled!
I do remember it was on the right heading towards Slateford but that's about it.
I was never in.The only bar I've ever been in anywhere near where I live is the Diggers and the Fountain,otherwise it's Jambo central.I know Newhoose has played darts in the Moat Bar.

Meant to say trollied, nobody had heard of being trolled in those days.
Just remembered,I'm also barred from the Caledonian Ale House which I was in when I couldne get a ticket for Tynie one year.Barred for being too much of a Hibbie in a built up area.Think I cheered when we scored.

I was never in.The only bar I've ever been in anywhere near where I live is the Diggers and the Fountain,otherwise it's Jambo central.I know Newhoose has played darts in the Moat Bar.
You've never ventured into Shandon Snooker on the way home? It was an interesting crowd at 4am.

Aye I've been in the Shandon Snooker place a couple of times.I wasnae thinking of snooker halls.

The Diggers,quite an establishment good beer and fast service. Never been in there since the late 70s.
Probably no as good now. Probably got all trendy like Ryries.

Just remembered,I'm also barred from the Caledonian Ale House which I was in when I couldne get a ticket for Tynie one year.Barred for being too much of a Hibbie in a built up area.Think I cheered when we scored.
You can never be too much of a Hibby. Good for you old boy.

I wouldnae worry too much about it, it got demolished when they extended Haymarket

I wouldnae worry too much about it, it got demolished when they extended Haymarket

I reckon he's probably barred from the Caley Sample Room which is closer to his haunts.

I reckon he's probably barred from the Caley Sample Room which is closer to his haunts.
Ah. I suspect I am too having dedicated a song to Gordon Hunter at the karaoke there straight after the Geebsy derby. Left in a bit of a hurry tbh so I don't know for sure.

That's the fella!

Next chapter, they were blooding a new barmaid tonight. Felt sorry for her, some of the language is choice... Turns out she is American recently moved over to here, I didn't ask too much beyond that. Very nice lady, totally unexpected!

Couple of wins on the horses, nothing huge but think covered ma beer and ma fish supper....

Last edited:
Chip shop at the bottom of Leith Walk and clientele shiting in urinals. The Central Bar without a doubt .

Miss Marple.

On Friday, three boys won over a grand each on one race. Usual banter about the bookies closin doon...

Tonight I noticed an Irish lady, who has been in before. She came in wi her dug, and then proceeded to swear like a trooper. A pretty lady, despite her ill fitting navvy style wellies, in a Fleetwood Mac type of way. She swore almost as much as some of the male patrons of the establishment. Priceless.

Quick pint in small local pub while waiting for my lift to Livi yesterday , barman emerged with box of chocolate celebrations and passed them round to
‘ regulars only ‘ ignoring me and couple of other boys, cheers pal

Massive respect to the Tamsons barmaids chebs. Top rack.

Massive respect to the Tamsons barmaids chebs. Top rack.

C’mon son, you know the drill.... Get the pictures up. Sly Sir Shrink’s rules ?

Reading through this thread and soamy locals now closed
My old local pub was the black Swan
Now it is the rose leaf where you get cocktails in tea pots restaurant where pool table was folk on lap tops.

Back in day a pie or crisps with a flat warm pint off miller's. Pubs ain't the same these day's

Exactly.

These rules aren’t here just to placate some old pervert.

There’s a far more important reason.

I just can’t quite remember what it is right now.

If I took pics after Hun game it’d be x rated. Outstanding. ?

Pub at the top of my street is decent, been appropriated by my daughter and her pals for Hogmanay. A different vibe for sure.

It wis dominoes nite tonite. Very well organised and competitive. Didnae realise they still played it in pubs.

It wis dominoes nite tonite. Very well organised and competitive. Didnae realise they still played it in pubs.
As long as there's chaps in pubs...

As long as there's chaps in pubs...
I tend not to go in pubs where chaps wear chaps.??

There wis a powercut tonite, fortunately ah wis just aboot to leave...

Ok government advice to avoid pubs.... but not to close 'em. How many would still go in?

Ok government advice to avoid pubs.... but not to close 'em. How many would still go in?

On the basis I’m still teaching because our government won’t shut schools, I’ll be needing a pint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So who thinks I should sacrifice ma weekly Friday night pub trip? It's still open, but looks like it shut earlier tonite...

Oh Jheez, just seen a news report from Italy. Suddenly that pub trip isn't so attractive……..

Last edited:
So who thinks I should sacrifice ma weekly Friday night pub trip? It's still open, but looks like it shut earlier tonite...
Sacrifice. Simple. Safer.

Stay safe.

There used to be a Bounce ‘music night’ thread where regulars conversed and played tunes here.
Maybe time to try that again.

Therein lies the problem.

The government says don't go but won't go as far as closing them so you can't go so you can go. I wonder if the guy that owns Wetherspoons had an early influence?

I have the same problem Jock.

Maybe we should go and if there's any comeback, like death, we and everyone else can just "take it on the chin".

And I'll probably get a Chinese meal, rather than virus, on the way home.

It’s mental to even think of a ‘night out in the pub’ just now.
Unless you plan on getting in early, nicking the bog roll and fucking off home.
So many fuckwits about.
I went to collect meds today ( unsurprisingly to you dafties, I’m high risk) and there was a queue and a notice advising ‘keep your distance’.
I did so, but the woman behind me.... virtually breathing down my neck.
That bottle of Brut is now binned.
I’m wearing Hai Karate tomorrow (meds weren’t ready) and looking forward to a bitch fight over me.

Might be the first time. Might not.

Too much of a gent to say.

So many fuckwits about.
I went to collect meds today ( unsurprisingly to you dafties, I’m high risk) and there was a queue and a notice advising ‘keep your distance’.
I’m wearing Hai Karate tomorrow (meds weren’t ready) and looking forward to a bitch fight over me.

Just grab all them girls and go out with a bang!

Just grab all them girls and go out with a bang!

I’d be delighted to go out with a bang!

I’d half considered going out with a pop until I realised that could be misconstrued.

Therein lies the problem.

The government says don't go but won't go as far as closing them so you can't go so you can go. I wonder if the guy that owns Wetherspoons had an early influence?

I have the same problem Jock.

Maybe we should go and if there's any comeback, like death, we and everyone else can just "take it on the chin".

And I'll probably get a Chinese meal, rather than virus, on the way home.
What if you get it and pass it on to someone who's doing the right thing? Are they to "take it on the chin"?

What if you get it and pass it on to someone who's doing the right thing? Are they to "take it on the chin"?
Take it on the chin was a quote from Boris Johnson, ask him.

Stay safe.

There used to be a Bounce ‘music night’ thread where regulars conversed and played tunes here.
Maybe time to try that again.

Time to get the Bounce jukebox and mobile disco fired up again ??

So many fuckwits about.

Fucking brilliant???

So many fuckwits about.

Well that's ma local closed. There were a few stalwarts ootside havin a smake Friday night. I resisted, efter seein' a report from Italy. Dinnae fancy snuffin it wi a placcy bag over ma heid!

This thread has been viewed 12868 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back