• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Ma Local

jock3

Private Member
Reaction score
Wednesday, boy got lifted, in the pub. Polis walked in, took him outside. never saw him again. Caused a wee curfuffle with his mates, who were probably too pished to dae anything aboot it.
Friday, lassie walks in in a Hibs green dress, I thought the man she was with was her auld man at first. Think it wis her husband.
Put on a famous song on the jukebox. boy in the corner says ma brother has the same name as the artist.
How many pubs can you walk 10 yards and put on a bookies line?
There's another boy who's managed to get barred fi the bookies who gets folk ti put bets on for him. He bets like 50 quid a time bet his wife kills him when he gets hame.
Admirable pint of Guinness, which I only drink if the cask ale is off.
They play dominoes, a dying breed.

Last edited:
Wednesday, boy got lifted, in the pub. Polis walked in, took him outside. never saw him again. Caused a wee carfuffle with his mates, who were probably too pished to dae anything aboot it.
Friday, lassie walks in in a Hibs green dress, I thought the man she was with was her auld man at first. Think it wis her husband.
Put on a famous song on the jukebox. boy in the corner says ma brother has the same name as the artist.
Obviously wiznae Armadale then. Naebody ever walks out a pub there with the polis, always has to be a battle.

I dinnae have a local anymore, its become someones hoose, bargain, 5 bedroom pub in big grounds for 140k. My brother rode the 'mature' barmaid over the kitchen freezer. I never went back. I irregularly go to Spoons in Livi, cheap beer, *&*^ of an owner, but cheap beer as I said. I also pop into the Hibs club sometimes, only time I really buy a bev in the pub unless I am away with work in some 'foreign clime'.

I dinnae have a local anymore, its become someones hoose, bargain, 5 bedroom pub in big grounds for 140k. My brother rode the 'mature' barmaid over the kitchen freezer. I never went back. I irregularly go to Spoons in Livi, cheap beer, *&*^ of an owner, but cheap beer as I said. I also pop into the Hibs club sometimes, only time I really buy a bev in the pub unless I am away with work in some 'foreign clime'.
Wiz it the Bentswood Inn in Stoneyburn?

No got a local either now. Captains Cabin now a Tesco, Libby Inn shut, Scotch Hop now under new management. Loch Inn on match days.

Wiz it the Bentswood Inn in Stoneyburn?

No, the Newpark in Murieston.

No, the Newpark in Murieston.
Didnae realise it had been converted

Yup, its a nice big house for someone who spotted a great deal!

My local has been half ripped doon and awaiting flats/shops to be built. My closest pub now stinks of pish so I'd rather drink in house.

Lived in the Moat since 1995,the Moat Bar is now Jashans very decent curry house but I was never in the bar.I usually head into Leith if I want a pub which is usually match days now.So the Harp or the Hibs Club.

Shirley the Bankton is closer?

My nearest is a wee hole in the wall bar on Bury New Road thats changed hands a few times in the two years I've been in this flat. Each time it reopens it tries to be a wee trendy place, cafe culture type thing, but it's next to a trunk road, there are proper boozers a short walk in either direction, and the actual houses near it are all a bit too posh to go to the pub.

So my de facto local is a brewery place down the hill. There's a beer garden, they put Hibs on the telly if I ask, they do food (it's alright) and i can get change from a fiver for two pints. And Mark E Smith was barred from it for the last twenty years of his life which is a good bit of local colour.

It will be now that the Newpark is shut. Mark obviously stays in millionaires row near Bellsquarry

It will be now that the Newpark is shut. Mark obviously stays in millionaires row near Bellsquarry
Where Scott Brown lived in poverty,according to the Retard before joining the diets

Where Scott Brown lived in poverty,according to the Retard before joining the diets
If he was paying the mortgage he was probably right. I was in one of the hooses just down the road at bit fae the Newpark about 12 years ago while it was getting built. The agent told me they were going for 3/4 of a million, and that was 12 years ago!

Nope. Your geography is way out. The Newpark boozer (obvs before it was converted into a big house) was about a 7 iron shot from Casa 1875. The Elm Tree would be next closest then it's a toss up between Brucefield Farm and MY local the aforementioned Bankton House.

Back on track... My local is Bankton House Hotel in Livi where I spent countless hours and pounds from around 1989 until 2009 . At which point I changed jobs from being factory based to driving for a living.
Instead of being in the 'Bankie' 3 or 4 times per week I have now been in it 3 or 4 times since 2009!

All good things must come to an end.?

Nope. Your geography is way out. The Newpark boozer (obvs before it was converted into a big house) was about a 7 iron shot from Casa 1875. The Elm Tree would be next closest then it's a toss up between Brucefield Farm and MY local the aforementioned Bankton House.

Back on track... My local is Bankton House Hotel in Livi where I spent countless hours and pounds from around 1989 until 2009 . At which point I changed jobs from being factory based to driving for a living.
Instead of being in the 'Bankie' 3 or 4 times per week I have now been in it 3 or 4 times since 2009!

I now to your superior knowledge but the Newpark did a braw steak pie

Agreed ?

My local is now a coffee shop, think I was in it maybe 12 times in the last 18 years. Children and driving for a living not good for getting out on the peeve.

Not from mine, no.

Right across the road from me. I think he rents it out still?

According to my brother, it wisnae the only Braw Pie you could get in there.

You'll no' be far from the Hibs themed bar in Easter Bankton then

You'll no' be far from the Hibs themed bar in Easter Bankton then
Hmmm, I'm the other side of the Bankie, but must admit that I'm unaware of the aforementioned bar?. Do tell.

Hmmm, I'm the other side of the Bankie, but must admit that I'm unaware of the aforementioned bar?. Do tell.

Me n’all.

The Hiberni-inn. Big Mike built in it his garden as a Hibs themed bar. ?

I stay in Livi, so don't have a local. The Bull in Mid Calder sometimes, Windsor and Robbie's on match days, Monty's at the Haymarket is another go to pub. I would love a proper local boozer I could walk to, but Livi pubs are rank.

My local is 4 miles from me. Can’t drink in there during the Festival due to high wanker ratio, the beer garden is probably the most depressing one ever. But it’s got good regulars and we get locals rates.

I stay in Livi, so don't have a local. The Bull in Mid Calder sometimes, Windsor and Robbie's on match days, Monty's at the Haymarket is another go to pub. I would love a proper local boozer I could walk to, but Livi pubs are rank.

The Tower or the Stirrup Stane? Thinking about it, you are not far from the Masonic Hall.

My local is 4 miles from me. Can’t drink in there during the Festival due to high wanker ratio, the beer garden is probably the most depressing one ever. But it’s got good regulars and we get locals rates.
What pub is it?

The Tower or the Stirrup Stane? Thinking about it, you are not far from the Masonic Hall.
Been in the Stirrup once, it was like a Channel 5 documentary, awful place. Can't say I've tried the Masonic Hall - I think their Hibby detector would be activated if I tried to enter.

Been in the Stirrup once, it was like a Channel 5 documentary, awful place. Can't say I've tried the Masonic Hall - I think their Hibby detector would be activated if I tried to enter.
If a bevvy in the Masonic isn't your thing maybe you could nip next door for a (non alcoholic) drink ?

Reactions: NGP
I’m fortunate enough to live 100 yards from Staggs :)
Match days I occasionally pop into BTG before the game and, result depending pop into Staggs for a post match libation

My matchday 'local' was the Nip ???

Originally the Dodger in Sighthill.

Now Staggs In Musselburgh.

Tamsons, Four and Robbies all have special status tae.

It went off the one time I went in with my Celtc supporting pal. The Tower bar is fine.

If a bevvy in the Masonic isn't your thing maybe you could nip next door for a (non alcoholic) drink ?

I always thought that was brilliant! Can you imagine the seeth in both directions, When I was wee, the mosque was an Army Cadet Hut!

Match day boozer to be The Albion, I really miss that pub. Good times.

Match day boozer to be The Albion, I really miss that pub. Good times.
In the Williamson days I spent many a happy half time/second half in the Albion ?

The Stirrup........ the home of the True Blues Flute Band.

No ta.

The Tower is under new ownership, and looking to develop a beer garden!!

Live more or less in between the bottom shop and the Persevere both fine for an occasional pint.

Post Hibs games always Robbies although been using tourmalet recently which is pretty crap but not as busy.

This thread has been viewed 12899 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back