Ma Local

moathibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
The Moat bar. I've been in there a couple of times back in the 80s. My mate Brian Redpath aka Gypo used to live in Moat st or terr. Can't even tell you what it was like inside as we used to go on the lash straight after work in Leith and by the time we got to his place via the Go Go dancers in the West Port we were absolutely trolled!
I do remember it was on the right heading towards Slateford but that's about it.
I was never in.The only bar I've ever been in anywhere near where I live is the Diggers and the Fountain,otherwise it's Jambo central.I know Newhoose has played darts in the Moat Bar.

moathibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Meant to say trollied, nobody had heard of being trolled in those days.
Just remembered,I'm also barred from the Caledonian Ale House which I was in when I couldne get a ticket for Tynie one year.Barred for being too much of a Hibbie in a built up area.Think I cheered when we scored.

Westside Green

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I was never in.The only bar I've ever been in anywhere near where I live is the Diggers and the Fountain,otherwise it's Jambo central.I know Newhoose has played darts in the Moat Bar.
You've never ventured into Shandon Snooker on the way home? It was an interesting crowd at 4am.

moathibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Aye I've been in the Shandon Snooker place a couple of times.I wasnae thinking of snooker halls.

Green juventine

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
The Diggers,quite an establishment good beer and fast service. Never been in there since the late 70s.
Probably no as good now. Probably got all trendy like Ryries.

Green juventine

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Just remembered,I'm also barred from the Caledonian Ale House which I was in when I couldne get a ticket for Tynie one year.Barred for being too much of a Hibbie in a built up area.Think I cheered when we scored.
You can never be too much of a Hibby. Good for you old boy.

Rocky

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I wouldnae worry too much about it, it got demolished when they extended Haymarket

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
I wouldnae worry too much about it, it got demolished when they extended Haymarket
I reckon he's probably barred from the Caley Sample Room which is closer to his haunts.

Rocky

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I reckon he's probably barred from the Caley Sample Room which is closer to his haunts.
Ah. I suspect I am too having dedicated a song to Gordon Hunter at the karaoke there straight after the Geebsy derby. Left in a bit of a hurry tbh so I don't know for sure.

jock3

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Next chapter, they were blooding a new barmaid tonight. Felt sorry for her, some of the language is choice... Turns out she is American recently moved over to here, I didn't ask too much beyond that. Very nice lady, totally unexpected!

Couple of wins on the horses, nothing huge but think covered ma beer and ma fish supper....

Last edited:

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Gunts
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Chip shop at the bottom of Leith Walk and clientele shiting in urinals. The Central Bar without a doubt .

Miss Marple.

Hibs v Motherwell