• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Lost Edinburgh pubs/clubs

The Garrick on bread street? Just off castle terrace - a veritable dive that even in the hey days of the late 80s was rarely busy. Good stop off on the way yo the cow gate though.

The falcon became montpelliers didn't it? Is it still there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Montpelliers is indeed still there

Cinderellas in Stockbridge. If you didn't pull there was always a kebab and hame for the Hitman & Her, or if right lucky all 3.

I remember around 1992 a great pub/club at the far end of the west end of Queen St called PJ's? Place was bouncing.

Named above - it was actually called magnolias peach, though everybody just called it peaches.

Beua Brummell, Biancos, amphitheatre, zenatec

Peaches was my cousins boozer in the 80's

Great saturday night 'happy hours', which sometimes lasted 2-3 hours.

Their co'cktail deals were excellent. A [double]Long Island Ice Tea for 4 which would've drooned a hoarse, served up in a goldfish bowl :Sparkle_Cool:

Peaches was my cousins boozer in the 80's

Great saturday night 'happy hours', which sometimes lasted 2-3 hours.

Their co'cktail deals were excellent. A [double]Long Island Ice Tea for 4 which would've drooned a hoarse, served up in a goldfish bowl :Sparkle_Cool:

How to give a man a thirst!

There was also a cracking pub/club over 3 levels just down from St Andrew's Square, where the McDonalds is now?

Also, the one in St James Centre. Boston Bean was the one you entered just over from the HMV was it not, part of the hotel. There was also one right in the middle of the centre around where the food court is now. Anyone recall what that was called.

Also "Peaches" on Morrison Street!

Gatsbys :Sparkle_Cool: had a roll about the flare wae Sandy Clark(Hertz cant) in there after a derby :giggle:

and next door was The Dunedin, excellent pre-away match bevvy before catching the train back in the day

I remember around 1992 a great pub/club at the far end of the west end of Queen St called PJ's? Place was bouncing.
gosh thats just come back to me. its now a posh pawnbroker isn't it?

Cinderellas in Stockbridge. If you didn't pull there was always a kebab and hame for the Hitman & Her, or if right lucky all 3.

Living in a flat right across the road from the entrance to Cinders was a great boon. The old line "you fancy coming back to my place" followed by "where is it" followed by "right across the street" did wonders for my sex life.

Living in a flat right across the road from the entrance to Cinders was a great boon. The old line "you fancy coming back to my place" followed by "where is it" followed by "right across the street" did wonders for my sex life.

Life doesn't come sweeter than that:applause:

I don't suppose the rohypnol hurt it much either.

It wasn't you with Smurf in the ladies bogs I hope.

gosh thats just come back to me. its now a posh pawnbroker isn't it?

Think it's an estate agents now?

Think it's an estate agents now?

Next to the most pretentious pub ever witnessed in Edinburgh: panda and son

Next to the most pretentious pub ever witnessed in Edinburgh: panda and son

Not heard of that?

Not heard of that?

Just how they like I think. Hidden behind the frontage pretending to be a 1940's barber shop serving overpriced cocktails produced by hipsters taking 25 minutes to produce one drink.

I don't think you/I are their demographic

Just how they like I think. Hidden behind the frontage pretending to be a 1940's barber shop serving overpriced $#@!tails produced by hipsters taking 25 minutes to produce one drink.

I don't think you/I are their demographic

I can picture the barber shop. HIM I think it is. Go past it loads and never even noticed the bar.

I can picture the barber shop. HIM I think it is. Go past it loads and never even noticed the bar.

The barber shop is the pub mate, or rather it's not a barber shop but a pub

http://pandaandsons.com/

The barber shop is the pub mate, or rather it's not a barber shop but a pub

http://pandaandsons.com/

Wow! Just goes to show. Cheers mate.

At the risk of being pedantic, it was The Tap o' Lauriston :Sparkle_Cool:

First pint in a boozer for me the Tap, 99p circa '88.

Captains Cabin was a lively wee boozer back in the day.

Aye, very welcoming as I recall :boxing:

First pint in a boozer for me the Tap, 99p circa '88.

Mine's was at the Golden Gates just up from Meadowbank...another boozer which has disappared

Aye, very welcoming as I recall :boxing:

Aye as laddies we all, as you did back then, hung aboot the chippy on a weekend and watched the bodies coming flying oot the UPSTAIRS windaes :boxing::boxing::boxing:

Was actually a great boozer Dub, but like any other it had its fair share of bams and characters. They knocked it doon and built "The Marmion" but it was never the same, its now a tesco express.

Mine's was at the Golden Gates just up from Meadowbank...another boozer which has disappared

The golden gates ,good shout . sure upstairs was called tracks ?
Used to go there after the bunch o roses shut as tracks was open till 12 if i mind right . :detective:

Pickies at Piershill. My first local aged 16.

There's a few out that way come to mind - the pink callyr in, and the fountain in loa head. Bammy places.

Pickies at Piershill. My first local aged 16.
Snap. What year was that? I was in Porters after last game of the season and I didn't even know anybody.

A pub I never been in but my dad used to tell me stories about it back in the days

The Gunner :sad :sadwalk:

The reyesville - scene of one of the first bounce admin meetings is sadly gone too. It's an Italian restaurant now.

The reyesville - scene of one of the first bounce admin meetings is sadly gone too. It's an Italian restaurant now.

remember it well :Sparkle_Cool:

Snap. What year was that? I was in Porters after last game of the season and I didn't even know anybody.

1989 mate.

1989 mate.
The same year I moved from Piershill and was only in there a few times after that.

I am convinced that there was a bar called "Topp'os", or at least something that resembled that spelling. This was the one I thought was in St James Centre?!

Anyway, while googling it, I came across this wonderful link about old music venues, and I reckon Big G has been to most of them!

The Edinburgh Gig Archive - Miscellaneous Venues

It also mentions "Rumours" at the bottom of Lothian Road which is now Club Tropicana. I remembered this venue reopening in the 80 as "Banana Jacks". The place must have been entombed as it still had all the old furniture and fittings, and it stank to high-heaven!

This thread has brought back a lot of Good memories!!

Gigi's was in it 2 weeks ago, very nice it is too.

1989 mate.

The same year I moved from Piershill and was only in there a few times after that.

I was bar manager at the Scottie from about 98-01 - ever drink in there?

I am convinced that there was a bar called "Topp'os", or at least something that resembled that spelling. This was the one I thought was in St James Centre?!

Anyway, while googling it, I came across this wonderful link about old music venues, and I reckon Big G has been to most of them!

The Edinburgh Gig Archive - Miscellaneous Venues

It also mentions "Rumours" at the bottom of Lothian Road which is now Club Tropicana. I remembered this venue reopening in the 80 as "Banana Jacks". The place must have been entombed as it still had all the old furniture and fittings, and it stank to high-heaven!

This thread has brought back a lot of Good memories!!

I remember that or Top O's. The bar in St James Centre may have changed it's name at some point but that rings a definite bell.

I was bar manager at the Scottie from about 98-01 - ever drink in there?

Not in they years mate but I used to drink in their quite a lot around 1994/1995/1996. I see it's just had a massive refurbishment.

I remember that or Top O's. The bar in St James Centre may have changed it's name at some point but that rings a definite bell.

Top O's or whatever it was called is now the Citrus Club I think.

went to a few 18ths in there when I was about 16

Top O's or whatever it was called is now the Citrus Club I think.

went to a few 18ths in there when I was about 16

I should have known that considering I used to be in The Citrus every week. Was a total under-age joint as well as you allude to above!

Going to stick my neck out and say that "Sinatra's" was the name of the mysterious bar/club in the middle of St James Centre. Does that ring any bells with anyone?

Going to stick my neck out and say that "Sinatra's" was the name of the mysterious bar/club in the middle of St James Centre. Does that ring any bells with anyone?

Hmm, that does ring a bell right enough.

This thread has been viewed 25105 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back