Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
Done all of these.

The Yellow Carvel was the only one I made an official appearance at - naked!

They tried for an encore at Fire Island but I respectively turned them down!!

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Occasionally ventured into Outer Limits in the early 80's and went into the Venue a few times. Always a total racket every time you went past the place when there was a band on with the fag smoke belching out the door. I used to work in Argyle House back in the 80's and the very handily located Lord Darnley was just over the road which soon became Cas Rock...a great venue.

BurbankHibee

Micro$oft Hating Radge
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
There are plenty clubs/pubs that have come and gone. It just goes to show nothing is permanent. I think the reality it these places only last a few years. Some of the premises remain and change owner and name, some are obliterated off the map. Valentino's was an interesting place, no longer there. What was place at Abbyhill, used to be a picture house, Astoria maybe ? Then it was a live music club then the Cat's Pyjamas. Now a car dealership.

tricky

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
There are plenty clubs/pubs that have come and gone. It just goes to show nothing is permanent. I think the reality it these places only last a few years. Some of the premises remain and change owner and name, some are obliterated off the map. Valentino's was an interesting place, no longer there. What was place at Abbyhill, used to be a picture house, Astoria maybe ? Then it was a live music club then the Cat's Pyjamas. Now a car dealership.
think Abbeyhill one was the Astoria

details of plenty old venues on this site The Edinburgh Gig Archive - Welcome

I was a part time barman for a while in the Cas Rock circa 1997, I quit cos the manager wouldn't give me the afternoon off to attend the Hibs Airdrie play off match, saturday afternoons were a busy time in there with the Rab Howat band playing.

gun ainm

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Green Tree RIP

egb_hibs

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Green Tree RIP
Talk about a double take! For a second I thought you were lamenting the demise of the towns biggest loyalist / BNP / kkk / Csf cowp. Then I realised you mean the one in the cowgate not the one in gorgie :giggle:

gun ainm

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Talk about a double take! For a second I thought you were lamenting the demise of the towns biggest loyalist / BNP / kkk / Csf cowp. Then I realised you mean the one in the cowgate not the one in gorgie :giggle:
Ha - I'd forgotten wee fatty's place used to have the same name :popcorn3:

i did off course mean the cowgate one - it was a logical graduation from sneaky's and the kasbah in my day, what they built in its place is like pissin on a grave....:pullhair:

aggie

Justified Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score

i did off course mean the cowgate one - it was a logical graduation from sneaky's and the kasbah in my day, what they built in its place is like pissin on a grave....:pullhair:
Indeed. One of the few decent beer gardens in the toon an aw.

egb_hibs

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score

Before the wee fat striker got into the game there was mackays centre sport which must have suffered more bombardments than London during the blitz!

- - - Updated - - -

Talking of footballers pubs there was willie irvine's (iirc) blithe spirit.

tricky

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Mistys in porty high street.
became Le Vineyard then the East Coast Hibs Supporters Club for a bit, now retirement flats.

St Andrews chippy over the road still there

Porty has changed a lot, become the new Islington.

Tatie

Hamesick Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Aberdeen during the week / edinburgh at weekend
became Le Vineyard then the East Coast Hibs Supporters Club for a bit, now retirement flats.

St Andrews chippy over the road still there

Porty has changed a lot, become the new Islington.
what about the plough inn , potty high street ? Or McArthurs near top o kings road .

jockney green

Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
am out there jerry an am lovin every minute of it!
ma mates worked the door, so NEVER paid tae get in . Also " the pub" roond the corner in rose street precinct.
was that number 37 the pub :hmmm

another numerically themed easy access boozer was the auld hundred though i was 16 by this point :giggle:

Plasticman

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
what about the plough inn , potty high street ? Or McArthurs near top o kings road .

The Plough is now the palm tree - done up the beer garden and serve "caribbean street food" - various skateboards on the walls - think its the same people that have the lioness that have it. Had to make a swift exit last Friday across the road to Foresters as the "pre-club music" was getting toooo loud and too shite!

McArthurs is now a house - Breadshare is the old Indian restaraunt next door

Last edited:

Jack

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
was that number 37 the pub :hmmm

another numerically themed easy access boozer was the auld hundred though i was 16 by this point :giggle:
The 37 Bar "Robertsons" was further along towards St Andrews Square. I worked there for a few years in the early 80s, among other things the SNP hierarchy drank there on a Friday night. On a more Hibby related theme so did Jimmy O'Rourke after he had taken training with the youngsters, had many a good chat. Can't remember the name of the guy that came in with him.

The 'pub' mentioned was possibly The Galloping Major. Named after a retired Major chap called Major Skene who was virtually the opposite type of person of the type pub it was. He was very straight laced and posh ... but he did drive a 2.8 Ford Capri in the wonderful black JPS colours.

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Mr Mustard's and Gatsby's...both in South St Andrew's Street

Hibs v Motherwell

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel