• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Liam Henderson

MSG_07

Legendary Radge
Reaction score
To... Fart Of Midlothian... Going by sources in Italy according to the Hootsman. No idea how they've come up with this as he's valued at around a million euro and Atalanta have already put in a decent bid. How can the Jumbos compete with that kind of fee.

I'd be surprised if Liam went to them. I understand his Dad and Grandfather are Hibees.

Seen this, silly season at is finest.

I read a report of the report.
Seems the Italian report thinks the gunts are the only Edinburgh club.

The gunts don't have a pot to piss in never mind a million bucks!

Fiorentina apparently interested too.

Wouldn't listen to any of their shit

Aye must be a gunt in Italy spreading this shit.

Hearts :lauff::lauff::lauff::lauff::think:

That's the best laugh in ages.

Cant see the gunts signing the man who helped deliver the Scottish cup. He wouldn’t go and they can’t afford him

I support Atalanta and never heard about an intetest in him. I’m asking a journalist very colse to the team and Leti you know if he answers me

No answer for the journalist yet, but I confirm Liam is not a player linked to Atalanta by reliable source. On the other hand our managers are really able to hide their moves, so never say never!

Liam himself said the Hearts move is a loadyshite.

Bari have went the way of the Huns,bring Hendo hame!
Bari to restart in Serie D | Football Italia

Yes. Please. Pronto.

Yes. Please. Pronto.

He'll get a club no problem. I'd be surprised if he didn't continue his European adventures.

But if he fancies coming back to Scotland.... Pipe dream maybe, but a dream none the less

He'll get a club no problem. I'd be surprised if he didn't continue his European adventures.

But if he fancies coming back to Scotland.... Pipe dream maybe, but a dream none the less

Fiorentina & Parma were reportedly after him before this news so I’d guess, if anything, this’ll make them both more interested in him.

I would love him back but no chance it’ll happen any time soon.

I'd love that, but aye, as many have already said, nae chance.

I hope he does play for a bigger club in Italy or on the continent though, it might encourage a few more of our youngsters to harbour ambitions outwith the OF or cutthroat gamble of a move to England. More Scots on the continent would do wonders for the national team.

I'd love that, but aye, as many have already said, nae chance.

I hope he does play for a bigger club in Italy or on the continent though, it might encourage a few more of our youngsters to harbour ambitions outwith the OF or cutthroat gamble of a move to England. More Scots on the continent would do wonders for the national team.

Would be good but we have patchy past on the continent for young scotish players. Ryan Gauld is an example of one that went recently with crazy expectations and has not done a lot out there.

Would be good but we have patchy past on the continent for young scotish players. Ryan Gauld is an example of one that went recently with crazy expectations and has not done a lot out there.

I was thinking about Gauld as I was writing that as it happens and googled him... He's still only 22! Seems like an eternity ago he was the next big thing.

He was out on loan in the Portuguese top flight last season, so who knows, there might be hope for him yet.

At 22 he could still be the next big thing.

I was thinking about Gauld as I was writing that as it happens and googled him... He's still only 22! Seems like an eternity ago he was the next big thing.

He was out on loan in the Portuguese top flight last season, so who knows, there might be hope for him yet.

I did the same, in his time over there he has never been involved at U20/21 so is it logistics or just forgotten about. Think there is another lad playing for Barcelona that is Scottish too but never been involved at Scottish international youth level

Jack Harper at real was who I was thinking of not Barcelona

Last edited:
I did the same, in his time over there he has never been involved at U20/21 so is it logistics or just forgotten about. Think there is another lad playing for Barcelona that is Scottish too but never been involved at Scottish international youth level

Jack Harper at real was who I was thinking of not Barcelona

I’d blame that on the ineptitude of the SFA rather than the ability of either player.

I don't think we have enough playing in foreign leagues to justify it not working. Think jack Harper is off to Malaga or a team in la liga on loan. A youngster not breaking into the real Madrid squad is not a fail. Gauld at 22 has managed to stay over there for a while now so must be doing something right and it's a testament to his character he has stuck it out. Playing different styles or training and tactics etc can only help a players ability and should if good enough help the national team. Can't fault a player for a manager not picking him. Look at strachan refusing to play LG at the start of the qualifying campaign as he didn't rate him highly enough or had one of many issues with the player as he always does, only scored 40 odd goals in the season running up to it.

These youngsters going overseas should be commended for taking the big step forward rather than falling for usual ugly sister tactics. Especially celic for halting the progress of a lot of young players over the years. Then the ones that get lured to English leagues to end up back up here within a couple seasons with minimum game time under their belt. If bigger clubs than bari in Italy are circling around Henderson
then I would say he's on the road to success.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I don't think we have enough playing in foreign leagues to justify it not working. Think jack Harper is off to Malaga or a team in la liga on loan. A youngster not breaking into the real Madrid squad is not a fail. Gauld at 22 has managed to stay over there for a while now so must be doing something right and it's a testament to his character he has stuck it out. Playing different styles or training and tactics etc can only help a players ability and should if good enough help the national team. Can't fault a player for a manager not picking him. Look at strachan refusing to play LG at the start of the qualifying campaign as he didn't rate him highly enough or had one of many issues with the player as he always does, only scored 40 odd goals in the season running up to it.

These youngsters going overseas should be commended for taking the big step forward rather than falling for usual ugly sister tactics. Especially celic for halting the progress of a lot of young players over the years. Then the ones that get lured to English leagues to end up back up here within a couple seasons with minimum game time under their belt. If bigger clubs than bari in Italy are circling around Henderson
then I would say he's on the road to success.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Totally agree. However I hope he’s had enough and comes back to Hibs.

Just seen that he’s now been released now they’ve been relegated down the leagues, they’ll be wishing they accepted any offer that was made now! Absolute steal for whoever gets him on a free

Serie A clubs are queuing up to sign him. We can only wish all the very best. Unfortunately he's too good a player to be re-joining us.

Don’t know the ins and outs of Liam,s situation,but could be a good chance to sign him at last...
Great player and we all know his part in the cup win,true legend who can only get better GGTTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Already a thread on this

I don't think we have enough playing in foreign leagues to justify it not working.
Absolutely.

The reality, I think, is that most of our young players suffer from worries about language. When you don't speak a national language, it can be hard to integrate, and that can make a move abroad much, much less appealing than a simple jump to the wild west or south of Hadrian's wall. It's also probably a reality that the European approach to football is a bit of a shock to Scottish youngsters when they arrive, so hitting the ground running is an additional challenge that they might not necessarily face from nearer destinations.

Even as a non-footballer, learning a language to integrate can be rough (in my case, Dutch). I was lucky that most people here in Limburg have a basic grasp of English, and my German is conversational, but it's still a barrier.

I also agree that we need to see more of it. Our game has been poisoned for decades by the SFA, media, Rangers, 'Rangers' and Celtic working with the understanding that aspiration only leads to one place.
It's a policy that's ruined our national standing, and it really needs to stop.

Supposedly signing for hellas verona on a 4 year deal.

Good on him.
Italy is a good place for him to learn.

Good luck to him, I'll keep an eye on him. Shows great ambition from him to go back to Italy, will make him a better player.

Good luck to him, I'll keep an eye on him. Shows great ambition from him to go back to Italy, will make him a better player.

Fantastic way of life too. I don’t blame him one bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah he's rejoining the World Cup winning coach that brought him to Bari originally. Sensible decision I think as he'll get game time and continue to improve as a player.

I confirm this Hellas Verona thing. Just read it in the main football newspaper here in Italy.

Not official yet, but should be a matters of hours/couple of days

His grandad drinks in my local. Lookin forward tae updates from him. The laddies a Hibs legend.

Great move for him.

This thread has been viewed 2878 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back