• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Lennon gone?

Depends on what happened though. If some of the rumours are true, it'll be a lot less -presuming that's roughly the full amount to pay off the contract.

There is an official statement with the Chairman saying that Neil Lennon did nothing wrong and wasn't guilty of any wrong doing.

This is backed up to a lesser extent by the club kapitian Sir David saying it was a "normal" team meeting and expressing his surprise at subsequent events.

Now we all know that's all a pile of poo but legally that's the definitive position so I can't see from a financial point of view why Lennon and Parker aren't wringing their wee handies and laughing all the way to the bank.

The silence from the Chief Executive on all this is interesting.

No statements, no interviews, no leadership, no rallying cry, just nothing and a lowest of the low profiles at a crisis point in recent Hibs history.

Its not going to look good on her future CV that her working relationship with her most important employee totally disintegrated and her Chairman had to ride to the rescue and pick up the pieces.

Unless she gets the gig she has always angled for at "Scotland's Shame 2012" of course as they would obviously fkn lap it up.

Last edited:
I don’t think she’s a hard nosed business type. I think she’s a woman that came in to our club when it was at an all time low and built it up to a club with record season ticket numbers. During that period we saw something that many of our more deserving predecessors didn’t manage to see. Take the tin foil hat off and show the our chief executive some respect.
Are you seriously trying to say that 13500 Hibs fans bought season tickets because of Leanne Dempster? Do you honestly think that she was responsible for us winning the Scottish Cup?

Are you seriously trying to say that 13500 Hibs fans bought season tickets because of Leanne Dempster? Do you honestly think that she was responsible for us winning the Scottish Cup?

Responsible? No.
A factor? Undoubtedly.

She put the things in place that made it happen.

She put the things in place that made it happen.
She put things in that are so basic In
Modern day fitba. The sin is why didn’t we have them in place

Reactions: Zab
Very true. However I still think she has been very good for Hibs and I hope she remains at the club for a while yet.

Which is what collins was trying to do?

He was 10 years too early. Always thought he’d have been a better Director of Football than a Manager.

So true. In fairness to Petrie he recognised this, and appointed the best person available to put them into place.

He was 10 years too early. Always thought he’d have been a better Director of Football than a Manager.

Didn't he try that at Livingston?

Didn't he try that at Livingston?

Yes I think he did. Im not sure club that size wouldn’t have been able to sustain the number of staff and departments required to make it success.

There is an official statement with the Chairman saying that Neil Lennon did nothing wrong and wasn't guilty of any wrong doing.

This is backed up to a lesser extent by the club kapitian Sir David saying it was a "normal" team meeting and expressing his surprise at subsequent events.

Now we all know that's all a pile of poo but legally that's the definitive position so I can't see from a financial point of view why Lennon and Parker aren't wringing their wee handies and laughing all the way to the bank.

The silence from the Chief Executive on all this is interesting.

No statements, no interviews, no leadership, no rallying cry, just nothing and a lowest of the low profiles at a crisis point in recent Hibs history.

Its not going to look good on her future CV that her working relationship with her most important employee totally disintegrated and her Chairman had to ride to the rescue and pick up the pieces.

Unless she gets the gig she has always angled for at "Scotland's Shame 2012" of course as they would obviously fkn lap it up.
That statement from the Chairman was made after the agreement was made and is part of the agreement i.e. everyone says nothing. To get to that point, someone needs to compromise financially.

I expect Neil was on 300k PA. He won't be leaving for much less, why would he. No idea what Garry earned.
He might if there were grounds for dismissal.

That statement from the Chairman was made after the agreement was made and is part of the agreement i.e. everyone says nothing. To get to that point, someone needs to compromise financially.
Or rod has to protect hibs and any potential inappropriate actions by his non football senior staff

Correct bringing it top people in their field like roger propas.

JC birthday today.

Two weeks before he left ... two page spread in paper he wants to challenge old firm ... rod mysteriously loses his cheque book

Or rod has to protect hibs and any potential inappropriate actions by his non football senior staff
Yes. "Someone" in my above post means either party. Probably Lennon ;-)

Petrie has no ambition. He is quite happy making a small profit or loss as long as we stay in the SPL. Top 6 at best is all he is after. Seriously considering not renewing. We get shafted year after year with we need your cash if we can invest. Well 14k gave our cash but where is the serious investment? Oh wait on holidays abroad.

Yes and look where we are now. 1 good season where our hopes have been boosted and wondering if indeed we are really turning the corner. However we now find ourselves at a crossroads not knowing or indeed wanting to go a certain route!

I've always thought he'd be a great head of development.
Youth players would be more likely to buy into his vision of what a professional footballer should be.
Convince them following his lead us what will get them into full time.
Imagine the condition of the players when they made it to the first team.

Or at least, in my head.

Always thought that what happened here put him off being in the game properly anymore. He's had other jobs of course, but doesn't seem like he was overly invested. I thought he was, while here.

Reactions: Zab
Petrie has no ambition. He is quite happy making a small profit or loss as long as we stay in the SPL. Top 6 at best is all he is after. Seriously considering not renewing. We get shafted year after year with we need your cash if we can invest. Well 14k gave our cash but where is the serious investment? Oh wait on holidays abroad.
Not really sure what you expect other than a small profit or loss? Big profit means we're not spending all we can on players, big loss means we go bust - I don't see either of those as preferable.

Not really sure what you expect other than a small profit or loss? Big profit means we're not spending all we can on players, big loss means we go bust - I don't see either of those as preferable.
True, however we must have made a small fortune from the SC win and the 2 years of us buying all the merc. And then europe and high finish and decent st sales and SJM sale. And hsl contributions. Yet we cannot keep the likes of efe nor sign anyone that we are after. But wait we got Allan for you pre-contract.

Just shan like

True, however we must have made a small fortune from the SC win and the 2 years of us buying all the merc. And then europe and high finish and decent st sales and SJM sale. And hsl contributions. Yet we cannot keep the likes of efe nor sign anyone that we are after. But wait we got Allan for you pre-contract.

Just shan like
How much debt did we incur with 3 years in the Championship? Genuine question...How are we clearing it?

How much debt did we incur with 3 years in the Championship? Genuine question...How are we clearing it?
Have no clue. We still IIRC had a decent ST sales and these parachute payments so would not be that much to clear imo.

Companies house should tell us? Any finance whizzes wanna dig in?

Have no clue. We still IIRC had a decent ST sales and these parachute payments so would not be that much to clear imo.

Companies house should tell us? Any finance whizzes wanna dig in?
Parachute payments only big in year one? None by the end and no tv deal in the Year the Orcs got promoted?

Also, can't remember who said it - maybe @Jack - but we've a large number of concession STs?

Genuinely don't know the answers but the club also said the biggest investment ever in the team included sports science etc. Not all players

Haven’t got the accounts handy but over the last 5 or so audited accounts we did indeed make small losses or profits.
Basically we spent what we earned.
There IS no money being held back or pocketed no matter how many times it’s said.
Unless the Board identify a lottery winner or do some fantastic deal to bring in mega bucks we are where we are.

Them’s the facts folks.

Lennon and Parker held most of the cards though hence their need for compromise was limited though I'd agree with you that they would have made some sort of financial sacrifice.

They had the Sir David interview and the so called 'normal' team meeting and they had the surprise of the other players and the rest of the backroom staff who had little idea where the "suspension" came from.

What they didn't have was their crucial meeting with LD and what actually took place there and it would be their word against hers in what was undoubtedly a "full and frank" exchange.

I think we are agreeing a financial deal was reached but my guess it was well in the favor of NL and GP.

The statement as you say is just hogwash to keep everyone stummm but it does read very much to the advantage of NL and GP as its everything they would have wanted hence my belief they were always on the front foot in all the negotiations but happy to agree to disagree.

Yes and look where we are now. 1 good season where our hopes have been boosted and wondering if indeed we are really turning the corner. However we now find ourselves at a crossroads not knowing or indeed wanting to go a certain route!

I don’t really think we are at a cross roads - we’ve got a system in place, unless we’re planning on changing that.

Haven’t got the accounts handy but over the last 5 or so audited accounts we did indeed make small losses or profits.
There IS no money being held back or pocketed no matter how many times it’s said.
Unless the Board identify a lottery winner or do some fantastic deal to bring in mega bucks we are where we are.

Them’s the facts folks.
Yip pretty much. Happy just to be here and hopefully stay. And hope we get as far as poss in a cup comp and added bonus we win it.

I've always thought he'd be a great head of development.
Youth players would be more likely to buy into his vision of what a professional footballer should be.
Convince them following his lead us what will get them into full time.
Imagine the condition of the players when they made it to the first team.

Or at least, in my head.

Always thought that what happened here put him off being in the game properly anymore. He's had other jobs of course, but doesn't seem like he was overly invested. I thought he was, while here.

Yeah I know what you mean, that’s what he could have done.

Yip pretty much. Happy just to be here and hopefully stay. And hope we get as far as poss in a cup comp and added bonus we win it.

What’s the alternative, spend money we don’t have?

We need to be careful here . If LD goes we’ll be left with RP as chairman / CEO OF :angry30::098:

Them’s the facts folks.

That's exactly the financial situation. Hibs spend what they earn and earn what they spend and break even over any 3/5 years period depending on the odd transfer windfall or two.

What is misrepresented is the Mr Farmer payment who takes out a monthly amount of around £40,000 and this is claimed to represent an owner pocketing a healthy fee usually unfairly described as "asset stripping".

Its nothing of the sort. Its the repayment of the loan Mr Farmer made when he wiped out the bank debt a few years back and is documented every year in the Financial Statements.

Last edited:
We need to be careful here . If LD goes we’ll be left with RP as chairman / CEO OF :angry30::098:

I think he's done with being hands on, despite what's thought by many.
He's obviously still involved, and like this week for instance, he'll need to take charge of some shit.

I think if Leeann goes. He'll look for a replacement. I have zero clue about any board members or the make up of other clubs and their structures, so fuck knows about replacements.
I knew zero about Leeann until we announced her, then learnt how motherwell grew under her lead.

Anybody know of anyone else?

What is misrepresented is the Mr Farmer payment who takes out a monthly amount of around £40,000 and this is claimed to represent an owner pocketing a healthy fee usually unfairly described as "asset stripping".

Its nothing of the sort. Its the repayment of the loan Mr Farmer made when he wiped out the bank debt a few years back and his documented every year in the Financial Statements.

Unfortunately, it's not misrepresented.
Folk just expect him to let us off with it because he owns us.

Not happy with the fact we're already saving whatever the bank would've taken from us.
He did us a solid there, it's only right that he gets his back.

He's never been a football man and has never been about throwing his money away for fun.
Other clubs do have some lucky, crazy fucks throwing money around for fun.
But for the most part, they're at clubs that already make a ridiculous amount of money, or could be within a few years.

We have a 20'000 seater stadium, no TV deal worth speaking about, no ridiculous amount of prize money and no serious investment into our national game.
The room for growth isn't massive. We absolutely should be better historically than we have been compared to the teams around us. (one of which had Romanov in charge, bankrupt them and cost the fans millions to fix)

We also have to deal with Celtic and Hunco.
Who have 50 and 60 thousand seats, the national game configured to benefit them, have been manufactured to be the only 2 teams that exist in the eyes of the outside world, making sponsorship easy... Exposure is everything. They absolutely can be beat, but over a season, they win by consistency, or, a lack of, from the rest of us.
But that's because we can't have a squad the same size as theirs, mostly of a similar standard. Again, exposure.

This season though, is definitely disappointing.
I do believe we've spent money, but we've used it very poorly.
We've no assets, hardly anybody belongs to us.

Sorry, just realised I'm going off on one.

I think he's done with being hands on, despite what's thought by many.
He's obviously still involved, and like this week for instance, he'll need to take charge of some shit.

I think if Leeann goes. He'll look for a replacement. I have zero clue about any board members or the make up of other clubs and their structures, so fuck knows about replacements.
I knew zero about Leeann until we announced her, then learnt how motherwell grew under her lead.

Anybody know of anyone else?

Petrie could be hung drawn & quartered and buried 200 feet below a motorway flyover and Joe would still blame him for any bad thing happening at ER

Unfortunately, it's not misrepresented.
Folk just expect him to let us off with it because he owns us.

Not happy with the fact we're already saving whatever the bank would've taken from us.
He did us a solid there, it's only right that he gets his back.

He's never been a football man and has never been about throwing his money away for fun.
Other clubs do have some lucky, crazy fucks throwing money around for fun.
But for the most part, they're at clubs that already make a ridiculous amount of money, or could be within a few years.

We have a 20'000 seater stadium, no TV deal worth speaking about, no ridiculous amount of prize money and no serious investment into our national game.
The room for growth isn't massive. We absolutely should be better historically than we have been compared to the teams around us. (one of which had Romanov in charge, bankrupt them and cost the fans millions to fix)

We also have to deal with Celtic and Hunco.
Who have 50 and 60 thousand seats, the national game configured to benefit them, have been manufactured to be the only 2 teams that exist in the eyes of the outside world, making sponsorship easy... Exposure is everything. They absolutely can be beat, but over a season, they win by consistency, or, a lack of, from the rest of us.
But that's because we can't have a squad the same size as theirs, mostly of a similar standard. Again, exposure.

This season though, is definitely disappointing.
I do believe we've spent money, but we've used it very poorly.
We've no assets, hardly anybody belongs to us.

Sorry, just realised I'm going off on one.

Makes you wonder why his first move was to attempt the move to Straiton , to help the Leith community i expect

Makes you wonder why his first move was to attempt the move to Straiton , to help the Leith community i expect

I couldn't even begin to come up with an answer for that.
Think I was like 13 and that was way over my head.

I've always thought it was proposed to him though? Not his idea.
Like I said though, clueless on that aspect of our history.

Fuck that though, I've always stayed within 10 minutes walking distance of Easter road. It's home.

Petrie could be hung drawn & quartered and buried 200 feet below a motorway flyover and Joe would still blame him for any bad thing happening at ER

Did Rodders overcharge him for tyres anaw?

Agree - A familiar story .

Agree - A familiar story .

Any more info on the millions that were donated under the counter Pete?
I'm bursting to know the facts there.
:bouncy:

This thread has been viewed 79868 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50