Lennon gone? (2 Viewers)

Leith1975

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
I don't doubt for a minute Dempster will be away soon. These hard-nosed business types never hang around anywhere for long and the minute they start to receive any negative publicity that could impact on their reputation they are off like a shot.
I don’t think she’s a hard nosed business type. I think she’s a woman that came in to our club when it was at an all time low and built it up to a club with record season ticket numbers. During that period we saw something that many of our more deserving predecessors didn’t manage to see. Take the tin foil hat off and show the our chief executive some respect.

SlovSam

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Website
www.noteamgb.com
Depends on what happened though. If some of the rumours are true, it'll be a lot less -presuming that's roughly the full amount to pay off the contract.
There is an official statement with the Chairman saying that Neil Lennon did nothing wrong and wasn't guilty of any wrong doing.

This is backed up to a lesser extent by the club kapitian Sir David saying it was a "normal" team meeting and expressing his surprise at subsequent events.

Now we all know that's all a pile of poo but legally that's the definitive position so I can't see from a financial point of view why Lennon and Parker aren't wringing their wee handies and laughing all the way to the bank.

The silence from the Chief Executive on all this is interesting.

No statements, no interviews, no leadership, no rallying cry, just nothing and a lowest of the low profiles at a crisis point in recent Hibs history.

Its not going to look good on her future CV that her working relationship with her most important employee totally disintegrated and her Chairman had to ride to the rescue and pick up the pieces.

Unless she gets the gig she has always angled for at "Scotland's Shame 2012" of course as they would obviously fkn lap it up.

Last edited:

Electric Beach Joe

Bounced Out!
Reaction score
I don’t think she’s a hard nosed business type. I think she’s a woman that came in to our club when it was at an all time low and built it up to a club with record season ticket numbers. During that period we saw something that many of our more deserving predecessors didn’t manage to see. Take the tin foil hat off and show the our chief executive some respect.
Are you seriously trying to say that 13500 Hibs fans bought season tickets because of Leanne Dempster? Do you honestly think that she was responsible for us winning the Scottish Cup?

HibeeZab

Rock n' Roll Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
Are you seriously trying to say that 13500 Hibs fans bought season tickets because of Leanne Dempster? Do you honestly think that she was responsible for us winning the Scottish Cup?
Responsible? No.
A factor? Undoubtedly.

Jack

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
She put the things in place that made it happen.

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
She put things in that are so basic In
Modern day fitba. The sin is why didn’t we have them in place
Very true. However I still think she has been very good for Hibs and I hope she remains at the club for a while yet.

Jamie

Staff member
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Website
www.hibeesbounce.com
Which is what collins was trying to do?

Reactions: davhfc and HibeeZab

HibeeZab

Rock n' Roll Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
He was 10 years too early. Always thought he’d have been a better Director of Football than a Manager.

HibeeZab

Rock n' Roll Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
So true. In fairness to Petrie he recognised this, and appointed the best person available to put them into place.

HibeeZab

Rock n' Roll Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
Didn't he try that at Livingston?
Yes I think he did. Im not sure club that size wouldn’t have been able to sustain the number of staff and departments required to make it success.

hibadelic

Radge-a-Casblanca
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.easterroad.com
There is an official statement with the Chairman saying that Neil Lennon did nothing wrong and wasn't guilty of any wrong doing.

This is backed up to a lesser extent by the club kapitian Sir David saying it was a "normal" team meeting and expressing his surprise at subsequent events.

Now we all know that's all a pile of poo but legally that's the definitive position so I can't see from a financial point of view why Lennon and Parker aren't wringing their wee handies and laughing all the way to the bank.

The silence from the Chief Executive on all this is interesting.

No statements, no interviews, no leadership, no rallying cry, just nothing and a lowest of the low profiles at a crisis point in recent Hibs history.

Its not going to look good on her future CV that her working relationship with her most important employee totally disintegrated and her Chairman had to ride to the rescue and pick up the pieces.

Unless she gets the gig she has always angled for at "Scotland's Shame 2012" of course as they would obviously fkn lap it up.
That statement from the Chairman was made after the agreement was made and is part of the agreement i.e. everyone says nothing. To get to that point, someone needs to compromise financially.

hibadelic

Radge-a-Casblanca
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.easterroad.com
I expect Neil was on 300k PA. He won't be leaving for much less, why would he. No idea what Garry earned.
He might if there were grounds for dismissal.

Greenpower

Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
That statement from the Chairman was made after the agreement was made and is part of the agreement i.e. everyone says nothing. To get to that point, someone needs to compromise financially.
Or rod has to protect hibs and any potential inappropriate actions by his non football senior staff

Greenpower

Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Correct bringing it top people in their field like roger propas.

JC birthday today.

Two weeks before he left ... two page spread in paper he wants to challenge old firm ... rod mysteriously loses his cheque book

hibadelic

Radge-a-Casblanca
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.easterroad.com
Or rod has to protect hibs and any potential inappropriate actions by his non football senior staff
Yes. "Someone" in my above post means either party. Probably Lennon ;-)

Jamie

Staff member
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Website
www.hibeesbounce.com
Petrie has no ambition. He is quite happy making a small profit or loss as long as we stay in the SPL. Top 6 at best is all he is after. Seriously considering not renewing. We get shafted year after year with we need your cash if we can invest. Well 14k gave our cash but where is the serious investment? Oh wait on holidays abroad.

Reactions: SuperTortolano

Jamie

Staff member
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Website
www.hibeesbounce.com
He was 10 years too early. Always thought he’d have been a better Director of Football than a Manager.
Yes and look where we are now. 1 good season where our hopes have been boosted and wondering if indeed we are really turning the corner. However we now find ourselves at a crossroads not knowing or indeed wanting to go a certain route!

Hammi

Top radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

I've always thought he'd be a great head of development.
Youth players would be more likely to buy into his vision of what a professional footballer should be.
Convince them following his lead us what will get them into full time.
Imagine the condition of the players when they made it to the first team.

Or at least, in my head.

Always thought that what happened here put him off being in the game properly anymore. He's had other jobs of course, but doesn't seem like he was overly invested. I thought he was, while here.

Reactions: HibeeZab
Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel