• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Lennon after match interview

wee_hissy

Get tae f**k ya auld radge
Private Member
Reaction score
One eye on Gunts absolutely, Well done Lennon tell it as it is! A rocket up the arse.

I just hope these players aren't going to hide and be bitches like past Hibs squads.

Most scathing attack I've heard from a Hibs manager in a long time.

He quite right we are backed to playing like we did before commons came in .
It was rotten the day could hardly string two passes together .

Just heard it. Brutal. Hope it has the desired effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well said !!
Now get it sorted for Wednesday.

Not been overly impressed with Lennon but I couldn't agree more with him here. Everything he said after the match was spot on.

Totally agree with everything he said fantastic interview and very honest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just whats needed in my opinion!!! Rocket rite up the arse!!! Well played Mr Lennon

Agree with everything except when he said Graham would maybe get pass marks in the first half. I don't rate Graham and thought as much as he tried hard today he wasn't very good

One point, he picks the team, had the chance to change it but it took 60 minutes to do so when it was obvioulsy no working.

Otherwise I agreed with him, he spoke like a pissed off Hibs fan, there were 2000 plus of them today.

Bang on he is.

We're now at the business end of the season, we should be turning the screw and stretching our lead instead of limping over the line. You can bet your bottom dollar the players will be up for Wednesday though, the tie was always going to take care of itself.

Snippets of that interview indicated to me a frustrated Lennon on business in the January window, wee dig at the board in that he can't change the team that much with inept performances.

Hopefully that interview given is indeed the rocket needed.

It starts Wednesday.

Quality rant from Lenny, but as has been pointed out he trains them, picks them and sets the shape.....
He'll probably start with Stanton up front against the gunts and drop Cummings

No surprise hearing Neil Lennon's clear anger and frustration there...

Lennon is used to winning League Championships with a team who are the strongest in the league. That's why he was hired. He knows what is required. Complacency as I keep banging on about is our biggest enemy. Every team is going to want to beat us so we must be up for every game and play with the required intensity and self-belief. We are going into the business end of the season now and we have to up our game big time in these bread and butter league matches. The cup will take care of itself and obviously I hope we win but I'm sorry it really is not the priority this season. My worry when the draw was made and we got Hearts was that our focus on winning vital league games would be affected as it was last season..and lo and behold it has happened again. A huge effort required on Wednesday night if we are going to have a chance of prevailing...but an equally bigger effort required next Saturday evening in a much more important game against Dunfermline at Easter Road. A game in which we simply have to pick up three points.

Quality rant from Lenny, but as has been pointed out he trains them, picks them and sets the shape.....

After today Sam Stanton (2 goals for Dumbarton) sounds a better prospect up front

Excellent piece of psychology there. Also we dig his squad doesn't have enough depth.I agree.

Some people do not like managers being overly critical. It can be wrong, such as when Butcher came in and slated players. Lennon however is working with guys who won the cup and beat many SPL teams, they should be better no matter what position they play. Of course players need to hear they are doing good, but they also should have enough self belief that when they do receive a rollicking, they stand up and be counted. Why shouldn't Lennon threaten to play the young guys...there is plenty here always crying out for youth to be pushed through. A bad day is one thing, we have far too many and if players show a lack of desire, or knowledge and skill to pass a direct ball, then maybe they really are not good enough

After today Sam Stanton (2 goals for Dumbarton) sounds a better prospect up front

Hahahaha, not the Stanton Lenny was talking about.

I'm carrying an injury and not match fit

Agree with everything except when he said Graham would maybe get pass marks in the first half. I don't rate Graham and thought as much as he tried hard today he wasn't very good
I cannae think what he was watching when he said that, disnae even look like a fitba player tae me

One point, he picks the team, had the chance to change it but it took 60 minutes to do so when it was obvioulsy no working.

Otherwise I agreed with him, he spoke like a pissed off Hibs fan, there were 2000 plus of them today.
agree with this, he picked the team and tactics, why it always takes so long tae make changes when blind harry can see it isnae working baffles me.

Hahahaha, not the Stanton Lenny was talking about.

I know, but good we have options :rascal:

Bottom line is we don't threaten enough! and when we do, we feck it up!!! Lucky to score a goal a game!!! I'm worried!! Jason IS our only threat!! Even IF we do go up, are we ready to compete with the St Johnstones , ICT the Motherwells in this league, never mind the Smellies and Sheep!!!

Just goes to show how important Commons was. Until his arrival it was pretty much this. Lennon has to take some responsibility, but he made it clear he needed new faces and feck all was done.

Im sure it was Raith away that Stubbs finally lost it and said similar things last season? Differencd being we got beat last year, yesterday at least we saved a draw.

Quite stunning interview by NL. He's absolutely right; it shouldn't come as news to any of the players they have to roll their sleeves up at places like Raith. Whether his rant will have the desired effect or not who knows...

Just to make things worse the tattooed freak scored against us...

Don't get how the players can be as complacent as they seem to be. OK in the 1st season down we knew it was going to be tough and by all acounts we gave Rangers more than a run for the money by finishing above them in 2nd place, only to loose to them in the play off. Then the 2nd season we finish 3rd behind Falkirk on goal difference and again knocked out at playoff stage, Rangers finish 9pts clear and only won one game in their last 6. How anyone can think this leauge is in the bag is worrying.

Think the problem we have is that we have too many players who are true athletic types, can run all week racing up and down at fast paces or pick out pin point deadballs over and over, when in training and dont have opposing players in front of them or a crowd to wind them up. Sadly some are just no very good footballers. Look at a few players over the last few years who have been slated for being too fat or they are blowing out their arse after 30 mins , Commons - Cairney- Allan spring to be mind and all 3 of them were a cut above and could turn on the magic to get you over the finish line.

Not hitting the panic but they need to get over the cup and stop riding on its crest.

I wouldn't blame the players too much for a draw away from home. Granted Raith Rovers are shite and hadn't won for 14 games but playing the narrow midfield with no width was setting us up for another standard dreary performance where we create fuck all despite a load of possession.

We'll up our game against the offenders on Wednesday but yesterday was a standard performance from a really average midfield. Fuck all goals and fuck all creativity as we've seen for many season other than the Commons month. Keatings is a passenger in that formation nine times out of ten. Bartley and Fyvie are only effective normally without the ball and that combination is pointless away to Raith. SUPER John McGinn - the odd flash of class aside - is normally average. When he raises his game he is a class apart but that's few and far between. I think "Super" needs to play in a better league with better players to live up to that song.

I really hope we perform better than we did in the last cup replay at home to HoMFC. A better Saviles team will do us if we don't perform unlike the last time when they were too shite to take advantage of a disastrous 2nd half performance when we couldn't string two passes together and the farters caved in and we surrendered the ball.

Thank fuck United are pish otherwise this squad would have us down there a 4th season.

This thread has been viewed 4394 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back