• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Leeann Dempster v SNP Councillor?

Two Headed Boy

Private Member
Reaction score
12745638_10153528486761359_774711928091129270_n.jpg

Seen the above doing the rounds on Facebook. Anyone any idea if it is genuine or not?

It is,it's taken from her Tweet.

Boy has made a James Hunt of himself...

TELT!

I smell a gunt councillor here.

12745638_10153528486761359_774711928091129270_n.jpg

Seen the above doing the rounds on Facebook. Anyone any idea if it is genuine or not?

Well done LD :banana: More importanlty, well done Hibs on paying the living wage but not crowing about it like our near neighbours did.

Measured response in a professional manner.

I'm afraid Councillor Ritchie has successfully established his credentials as being a grade A fud.

Had a look on his Facebook page and boy is he getting it tight from his constituents. Don't think Wee Nicky is gonna be impressed with him if he loses the Leith SNP vote on account of this.

I saw that as soon as he put it up on facebook and told him he's made a basic error in not allowing Hibs the right to reply before starting his petition.Stupid laddie, and clearly not a Hibby.

Grovel much

dab98256b3b1ca6fdbe75608033cdb95.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Deary me, rather glad I am no longer a member of the SNP! What a bellend and clearly a gunt!

I've asked him, in the spirit of transparency, if he could let folk know what team he supports. I expect to either be ignored or for him to claim to not follow a team.

Either way, it's deeply suspect behaviour.A man without a team cannot be trusted.

I've asked him, in the spirit of transparency, if he could let folk know what team he supports. I expect to either be ignored or for him to claim to not follow a team.

Either way, it's deeply suspect behaviour.A man without a team cannot be trusted.

100% true!

He looks like a Gunt though, with his big smug coupon.

Dear Ms Dempster
As a newly elected councillor, I take very seriously my role in campaigning on the issues that matter to people in Leith Walk. The living wage, and the Accredited Living Wage initiative is without doubt one such issue.
I was aware that the Poverty Alliance had ran a campaign calling on Scottish football clubs to become Accredited Living Wage employers. Given the huge status and importance football teams have within their local communities, the initiative sought to encourage football clubs to set the example for other employers in their area to follow.
At that time, Hibernian chose not to become accredited Living Wage employers. On speaking with the Poverty Alliance and confirming that remained the case, I launched a petition then wrote to you asking if you would reconsider your position.
My intention had been to create some level of public interest on the issue, so that my request to meet with me and representatives from the Accredited Living Wage initiative might have met with more success.
This approach has been criticised, with many suggesting that I should have waited for a response from the club before actively campaigning on the issue. As someone with nothing but respect for Hibernian and their supporters, I agree that this would have been a better approach.
While there was no intent to mislead anyone regarding this campaign, I do believe that I should have contacted you privately before making this issue public.
I therefore apologise unreservedly for any upset caused, wish the club well and hope that Hibernian will re-examine the issue of Living Wage accreditation in the near future.
Yours sincerely
Lewis Ritchie

I've asked him why he hasnt tweeted the response from Hibs yet. I see a post form Perthibby but not sure what medium that is from as it doesn't appear on his twitter feed.

I've asked him why he hasnt tweeted the response from Hibs yet. I see a post form Perthibby but not sure what medium that is from as it doesn't appear on his twitter feed.

Because he's a Councillor for Edinburgh Council.

His data allowance on his mobile phone contract has probably went over-budget so the apology Tweet will be delayed and due to budget issues will probably not be the full apology has previously promised.

:glassraise:

Yeah was kinda wondering that myself. Where did you get that response from [MENTION=13706]Perthhibee[/MENTION]?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah was kinda wondering that myself. Where did you get that response from [MENTION=13706]Perthhibee[/MENTION]?
Off his facebook page

Because he's a Councillor for Edinburgh Council.

His data allowance on his mobile phone contract has probably went over-budget so the apology Tweet will be delayed and due to budget issues will probably not be the full apology has previously promised.

:glassraise:

Thanks for clearing that up :rollfloor

12670928_525373107664027_3004517989917807073_n.jpg

I dont get the last line.... why would we have to re examin the issue accreditation?

we pay it and that should be the end of it....

I dont get the last line.... why would we have to re examin the issue accreditation?

Its just a body, employers can choose to join surely? Is it a law?

Properly a whole lot of paperwork to be filled in etc that frankly atm hibs have better things to do!

He deleted the muckle facebook thread that started this whole sorry episode. Never found out what team he supports....

He deleted the muckle facebook thread that started this whole sorry episode. Never found out what team he supports....
He cannae delete LDs tweet

The press will be all over this too thanks to the fan sites. He can try to cover it up in the hope it will go away but he's chosen the wrong target for his self-promotion vehicle. The brand loyalty of Hibs fans to their club is way stronger than anyone's brand loyalty to a political party or politician.

The press will be all over this too thanks to the fan sites. He can try to cover it up in the hope it will go away but he's chosen the wrong target for his self-promotion vehicle. The brand loyalty of Hibs fans to their club is way stronger than anyone's brand loyalty to a political party or politician.

Exactly. Schoolboy error.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12670928_525373107664027_3004517989917807073_n.jpg

Aye, you'd think so. This accreditation will be another made up form-filling nonsense, like yon investors in people pish from a few years ago. It'll get you a nice wall plaque and an entry on some database where prospective employees can check before agreeing to work for your organisation.
Those involved and promoting these initiatives get their heads in a spin if everyone isn't on board with their projects.

He tweeted he wasn't a jambo....

But I never asked what team he didn't support.

I'm pretty sure a SNP high heid yin and good Hibee Bouncer will be having a word in his ear soon enough :coffee:

Well done LD, maybe counciller 'Not a Jambo' should focus on the large retailers, bookies, pubs etc not paying the living wage in his ward, rather than go after an integral part of the community he purports to represent. His petty request for HFC to reconsider eating time gaining meaningless accreditation is nothing more than a woeful attempt to save some face. Maybe his constituents should ask him what other valuable projects he is involved in on their behalf.

Obviously a bit of SNP hatred on this thread.

The boy done good, and his petition worked wonders.

I'm going to suggest he starts more petitions; perhaps one to make seat belts in cars mandatory, and another one to ban small boys being stuffed up chimneys to clear the soot.

I'm absolutely confident he can achieve similar success.

Keep up the good work.

:applause:

Aye, you'd think so. This accreditation will be another made up form-filling nonsense, like yon investors in people pish from a few years ago. It'll get you a nice wall plaque and an entry on some database where prospective employees can check before agreeing to work for your organisation.
Those involved and promoting these initiatives get their heads in a spin if everyone isn't on board with their projects.

Hibs did it [paid the living wage] without triumphalising it. He should have done his homework before starting a petition. The guy is a self publicising welt in that he thought he was going to draw something to everyones attention that didn't acually exist [Hibs not paying the living wage].

In short, he is a welt and he's been told he is.

He tweeted he wasn't a jambo....

Probably a Hun

He still doesn't seem to get the fact he totally made a pric* of himself by starting a petition without knowing the facts! If that's the nest the SNP can recruit...and I'm sure it's not, then they couldn't run a menage never mind a country

Hibs did it [paid the living wage] without triumphalising it. He should have done his homework before starting a petition. The guy is a self publicising welt in that he thought he was going to draw something to everyones attention that didn't acually exist [Hibs not paying the living wage].

In short, he is a welt and he's been told he is.

I'm in agreement totally. I was just mentioning what I thought the championing of this accreditation was. Given that the Gunts recently made a song and dance about their own involvement with living wage, I expected this choob to have been one of their own (in spite of his denial) as it's a very 'Hearts' thing to do - to try and have a snide dig at Hibs after them so publicly singing from the rooftops about the same thing.

I'm in agreement totally. I was just mentioning what I thought the championing of this accreditation was. Given that the Gunts recently made a song and dance about their own involvement with living wage, I expected this choob to have been one of their own (in spite of his denial) as it's a very 'Hearts' thing to do - to try and have a snide dig at Hibs after them so publicly singing from the rooftops about the same thing.

He is either a gunt or a smarmy ****, pretty much the same thing, lets be honest.

The reason why Hibs won't be accredited is because reading Dempsters reply we wouldn't be a living wage employer. It's not about just contracted staff, it's about all staff including casual catering staff etc. who I know are not on the living wage...

Accreditation costs buttons. And it's not an onerous obligation in terms of the time you have to commit to it.

The reason why Hibs won't be accredited is because reading Dempsters reply we wouldn't be a living wage employer. It's not about just contracted staff, it's about all staff including casual catering staff etc. who I know are not on the living wage...

Accreditation costs buttons. And it's not an onerous obligation in terms of the time you have to commit to it.

Nice to see you back amigo.

[video=youtube;SGZqDzb__bw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGZqDzb__bw[/video]

We discussed this at the St. Pat's Branch meeting on Thursday night (not about the 12 year auld SNP gadgie cooncillor, which we were not aware of ) during a meeting with Amit. Committee member Tam Mc pressed for answers to all these points and Amit said he would take them back to the Board. No petition required.

GGTTH

BIG G

PS I think there is more chance of progressive changes at ER through Supporters groups engaging with Hibs than politicians of whatever ilk.

Nice to see you Al. The catering staff seem to me to be overwhelmingly kids in a Saturday job. Are they covered by min wage? I'm not persuaded they should be - but that's cowshed stuff - but I don't know if they are or not? For the avoidance of doubt, the adult staff ought to be on it in my view; they seem to be few and in the supervisory roles.

Nice to see you Al. The catering staff seem to me to be overwhelmingly kids in a Saturday job. Are they covered by min wage? I'm not persuaded they should be - but that's cowshed stuff - but I don't know if they are or not? For the avoidance of doubt, the adult staff ought to be on it in my view; they seem to be few and in the supervisory roles.

I know for a fact the catering staff as of last year at the PBS were not on the living wage

Nice to see you Al. The catering staff seem to me to be overwhelmingly kids in a Saturday job. Are they covered by min wage? .

Min wage for U18 is under £4 an hour

National Minimum Wage rates - GOV.UK

Good employers pay them more than that though. (I'm sure my laddies got a £5 an hour IIRC at U18)

Statistically most U18s are now expected to be in full time education or training and so it generally does mean if they are working it is in a "Saturday job" or similar. As you say, that's a Cowshed debate.

PS I am sure the catering is an outside contractor and not Hibs directly - so who is the employer?

Nice to see you back amigo.

[video=youtube;SGZqDzb__bw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGZqDzb__bw[/video]

We discussed this at the St. Pat's Branch meeting on Thursday night (not about the 12 year auld SNP gadgie cooncillor, which we were not aware of ) during a meeting with Amit. Committee member Tam Mc pressed for answers to all these points and Amit said he would take them back to the Board. No petition required.

GGTTH

BIG G

PS I think there is more chance of progressive changes at ER through Supporters groups engaging with Hibs than politicians of whatever ilk.

I agree.

- - - Updated - - -

I know for a fact the catering staff as of last year at the PBS were not on the living wage

Min wage for U18 is under £4 an hour

National Minimum Wage rates - GOV.UK

Good employers pay them more than that though. (I'm sure my laddies got a £5 an hour IIRC at U18)

Statistically most U18s are now expected to be in full time education or training and so it generally does mean if they are working it is in a "Saturday job" or similar. As you say, that's a Cowshed debate.

PS I am sure the catering is an outside contractor and not Hibs directly - so who is the employer?

I think Hibs did take the catering back inhouse, may well be that Hearts haven't. It shouldn't make any difference to accreditation as paying the living wage though, otherwise employers would simply outsource all their lower paid jobs and pretend they were a living wage employer when they are not.

- - - Updated - - -

The living wage is a living wage. It doesn't matter what age they are, if they're old enough to be employed they're old enough to get a wage which is enough to live on.

Sorry for doing a Moaty with this thread.

I see Lewis Ritchie is no longer a SNP councillor but is independent.

He's also has been charged with a string of sexual offences including allegedly sending indecent communications, which he denies.

"The 36-year-old also runs the It’s All Good cafe in Easter Road, and has been married for six years and has a young child. Maybe he should change that to 'It's Not So Good At The Moment'!

This thread has been viewed 4222 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50