• Stay at home. Protect Everyone.

Save Lives, Stay Safe.

Hibs Kids In Hospital - Thank You NHS Shirt Donation

Qries

Leeann Dempster v SNP Councillor?

SKII

Bounce Radge
Nice to see you Al. The catering staff seem to me to be overwhelmingly kids in a Saturday job. Are they covered by min wage? .
Min wage for U18 is under £4 an hour

National Minimum Wage rates - GOV.UK

Good employers pay them more than that though. (I'm sure my laddies got a £5 an hour IIRC at U18)

Statistically most U18s are now expected to be in full time education or training and so it generally does mean if they are working it is in a "Saturday job" or similar. As you say, that's a Cowshed debate.

PS I am sure the catering is an outside contractor and not Hibs directly - so who is the employer?

wee 162

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Bounce Radge
Nice to see you back amigo.

[video=youtube;SGZqDzb__bw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGZqDzb__bw[/video]

We discussed this at the St. Pat's Branch meeting on Thursday night (not about the 12 year auld SNP gadgie cooncillor, which we were not aware of ) during a meeting with Amit. Committee member Tam Mc pressed for answers to all these points and Amit said he would take them back to the Board. No petition required.

GGTTH

BIG G

PS I think there is more chance of progressive changes at ER through Supporters groups engaging with Hibs than politicians of whatever ilk.
I agree.

- - - Updated - - -

I know for a fact the catering staff as of last year at the PBS were not on the living wage
Min wage for U18 is under £4 an hour

National Minimum Wage rates - GOV.UK

Good employers pay them more than that though. (I'm sure my laddies got a £5 an hour IIRC at U18)

Statistically most U18s are now expected to be in full time education or training and so it generally does mean if they are working it is in a "Saturday job" or similar. As you say, that's a Cowshed debate.

PS I am sure the catering is an outside contractor and not Hibs directly - so who is the employer?
I think Hibs did take the catering back inhouse, may well be that Hearts haven't. It shouldn't make any difference to accreditation as paying the living wage though, otherwise employers would simply outsource all their lower paid jobs and pretend they were a living wage employer when they are not.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice to see you Al. The catering staff seem to me to be overwhelmingly kids in a Saturday job. Are they covered by min wage? I'm not persuaded they should be - but that's cowshed stuff - but I don't know if they are or not? For the avoidance of doubt, the adult staff ought to be on it in my view; they seem to be few and in the supervisory roles.
The living wage is a living wage. It doesn't matter what age they are, if they're old enough to be employed they're old enough to get a wage which is enough to live on.

Jack

Bounce Radge
Sorry for doing a Moaty with this thread.

I see Lewis Ritchie is no longer a SNP councillor but is independent.

He's also has been charged with a string of sexual offences including allegedly sending indecent communications, which he denies.

"The 36-year-old also runs the It’s All Good cafe in Easter Road, and has been married for six years and has a young child. Maybe he should change that to 'It's Not So Good At The Moment'!

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Bounce Radge
Well Moaty’d , was reading this and until I got tae a banned members comment, was thinkin this is the second time this has happened.

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £100 per month to pay for the server, we realise that users may not be able to with this nasty virus, but if can, it would be very much appriecated ? We have had some cancellations on Direct Debits sadly. If you wish to set up a DD then please do so via the UPGRADES section. Stay Safe, The Bounce.
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£10.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

The Bounce is 18 Years Old