• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Leeann Dempster leaving? Confirmed

NW

Private Member
Reaction score
Appears she is leaving us

D0AD748B-2427-4914-8019-910C71636FC6.jpeg

Maybe had an offer elsewhere? She’s been there a while so was bound to leave at some point. The worry is that they make the wrong choice with the replacement ....

Be sad to see her go. She's a big part of the cup winning side and where we are today.

Garry Holt leaving only a coincidence?

Maybe had an offer elsewhere? She’s been there a while so was bound to leave at some point. The worry is that they make the wrong choice with the replacement ....

According to rumours its Ron's laddie who's taking over.

Apparently Ron’s laddie taking over the reins.

Apparently Ron’s laddie taking over the reins.
Name?

Nepotism worries me unless he is over qualified.

Nae idea, but he’s a yank so, Ron Jnr?:102:

Nae idea, but he’s a yank so, Ron Jnr?:102:
LilRon :)

She's done well here and at Motherwell before us, so an improved offer elsewhere wouldn't surprise me.

It'll be a shame to see her go.

Thought big ron was from south america?

I think she did her job here.
If she leaves then all power to her, won the cup under her watch, good enough for me.

As for Ron's lad... nae idea, but if he's to action his dad's plans for improving us then at least we can't argue he's a non existing owner.

Let's see where it goes. We all knew she wouldn't be here forever once Ron came in.
Half of the Bounce thought she would've been away just as he came in the door.

Not surprised, with Rons takeover I'm sure he has different ideas in that department.

Last edited:
Clearly nobody knows much at all, perhaps an SFA post teaming up with Rod? A move to her girlhood club? Who knows.
No matter I wish her nothing but good luck. She will go down in Hibernian folklore along with Sir David, Alan Stubbs et al. I personally will always fall at the feet of Stubbs, Leeann and Greig Mailer for their generosity of both material and spiritual help to a dying son.

BIG G

Not totally surprised but think it has more to do with Rod than Leanne...wonder 8f his sons will bring cheerleaders and american hot dogs

Wouldnt surprise me to see her at Ibrox shortly

Or the PBS? Didn’t the budgie recently try to tempt her away from Hibs?

Gone according to the BBC

Leeann Dempster has resigned as the chief executive of Scottish Premiership side Hibernian but will remain in post to ensure a "smooth transition".

Had brief dealings with her , not sad to see her go she spoke to me like a piece of shite

She's done well here and at Motherwell before us, so an improved offer elsewhere wouldn't surprise me.

It'll be a shame to see her go.

of course the alternative view would be she was brought in to Motherwell by John Boyle to facilitate a fan ownership exit strategy and failed, was head hunted to deliver a fan ownership exit strategy for Tom Farmer and failed again.

she has lots of qualities, I’m sure she won’t be out of a job for long.

Hopefully her replacement will be someone who gets Hibs.

I never liked the cult of Leeann that developed.

I did like that the club has moved forward in some ways over her time here.

All the best in what she does in the future.

People should be judged on what they achieve and I think she has done a great job.

Many Thanks leeann

Not totally surprised but think it has more to do with Rod than Leanne...wonder 8f his sons will bring cheerleaders and american hot dogs

Some mishtake Shirley?

SmugRod.png

It’s not the worst thing that she won’t be involved with HSL anymore

Reactions: Zab
She's been a superstar and I'm very sorry to see her go. She leaves a feckin big pair of boots to fill.

She done well in certain areas, other areas quite a few mistakes, overall a decent tenure.
But a change might be a good thing.

Family...you were right ?

Done well but maybe the time is right for a change. May even see loyalty points back ?

More from the BBC

Leeann Dempster has resigned as the chief executive of Scottish Premiership side Hibernian, but will remain in post to ensure a "smooth transition".

The 50-year-old joined the Edinburgh club in 2014, having held the same position at Motherwell.
"I think it's genuinely the right time, both for the club and for me, to move on to a new chapter," Dempster said.

Owner Ron Gordon said he would have liked Dempster to stay, but accepted her decision.

"She has explained that she believes it is the right time for her and for the club - that she is ready to pursue a new and different challenge, and that she wants to spend more time with her family," the American added.

"I am happy to say she will work with us to ensure a smooth transition as we decide how to best move forward and thank her for her continued commitment to the club."

Dempster joined after Hibs' relegation from the Premiership via the play-offs in 2014, and the club spent three seasons in the second-tier, under Alan Stubbs and then Neil Lennon before regaining its top-flight status with the latter in charge in 2017.

The season before, the club ended its 114-year wait to win the Scottish Cup.

Dempster remained as chief executive when Gordon bought the club from Sir Tom Farmer and Rod Petrie in July 2019, and has been vocal on the difficulties facing Hibs and other clubs amid the Covid-19 pandemic.

The club attracted some criticism for continuing to offer and pay transfer fees while cutting wages and making some staff redundant over the summer, which Dempster has defended.

She added Hibs fans should be "optimistic and excited" about Gordon's plans for the club.

I wonder if her role has diminished to such an extent she's no longer got the passion she had?

Wouldn't be surprised. She had pretty much free rein under the previous owners, certainly latterly and Ron is much more hands on. It might mean someone else moving on soon too. :lookaround:

Wouldn't be surprised. She had pretty much free rein under the previous owners, certainly latterly and Ron is much more hands on. It might mean someone else moving on soon too. :lookaround:

???

She certainly came in and made a pretty immediate impact. No doubt the club is better off now than it was when she arrived.

In the debit column I felt she could be quite intransigent if her view on an issue differed from the supporters, she tended to dig in and that was that.

I dont feel HSL has really been a success and it still seems a bit half hearted imo. The club has never really seemed to seriously engage with it.

Since Ron came in it seems she has taken less of a profile and Id imagine she is the kind of individual who enjoys a fresh project and 6 years is enough anywhere. I wouldnt be surprised if she goes to a club down South tbh...either that or The Rangers. I cant see her wanting to get involved in the death by committee culture of the SPL or SFA. I think she likes a high degree of autonomy.

Nepotism worries me unless he is over qualified.
Never a good thing a boss who employs family and friends - keep em separate I say

Hopefully Tanner

That would be great.

Leeann has done a great job as CEO of Hibs.

She came in at a very difficult time for Hibs, and was part of the big restructuring of the club in 2014.

Hibs have had a successful six years with her in charge. Yes, she has got things wrong and made mistakes, so has everybody. In the main though she has been an excellent CEO for the club and she will be missed. Highlight of her time here without doubt our Scottish Cup win in 2016.

Ron Gordon will want his own person in now, and we must trust his judgement. He has huge plans for the club over the next few years and he has to get the right person in place to help carry them out.

Thanks for all your work at Hibs Leeann, and all the best for the future.

I hope not - mind you someone did mention “ down south “ as good as

This thread has been viewed 14495 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back