• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

LD statement

Whilst very well put, one elephant in the room that could have been avoided is selling them the 3600 tickets we did. I am afraid in the corporate world income gazzumps sectarianism and racism.

There’s plenty of big corporate sponsors that don’t touch rangers or Celtic with a barge pole.

I can’t be the only one who noticed that our results against rangers and Celtic were better when they had smaller allocations, and conversely rangers and Celtic have had better results since they slashed away allocations for their home games.

I just think though it’s about having cajones. We have the piss taken out of us with allocations at parkhead and ibrox when there are plenty empty seats in the home end. And yet we chuck the tickets their way. It’s not always about the money.

Statement FC have apparently used that bastion of truth again to "break their silence on the sectarian abuse Steven Gerrard is enduring".

Stop the world I want to get off.

Statement FC have apparently used that bastion of truth again to "break their silence on the sectarian abuse Steven Gerrard is enduring".

They are the masters of spin. Jim Slob is an ignorant tosspot but he makes Forsyth look like an office junior.

Fuck all wrong with engaging in "whataboutery" if it's necessary to highlight hypocrisy and double standards. I understand from LDs perspective we can't speak about other fans behaviour unless we are seen to get our "own house in order" but FFS, we sell tickets to thousands of *&*^ that we know will on mass celebrate in song killing a particular ethnicity in Scotland (an ethnicity many of our fans share, not that it should even be important but just to play along with this shite). It's sad that this is so normal that's it's now parked outside any "problematic" fan behaviour as "sectarianism "instead of the racism it is. If that many *&*^ were singing about Pakistanis or jews etc there would quite rightly be words from our leadership...

It’s very changed days from the time of the CCS rumbles, gas canisters, pitch invasions on an almost weekly basis throughout Britain. We are facing an upsurge in small incidents and after all the shit she’s been through lately she’s probably very angry that she has to jump through these hoops to try and get the GFA and GFPL off our back.

Football is a corporate event at most big clubs. Hibs still have a semblance of being in it for the football. Leanne is without doubt a football fan as well as a CEO - how many big clubs can say that? She and Budge get a lot of abuse but I feel at least they are both football fans and if we gave Leanne a chance she’d maybe go full Sproule and convert from a Hun. If we keep giving her pelters for almost every utterance she makes then off course she will gladly go running to her childhood heroes if they approach her. If she goes what kinda corporate fud are we likely to end up with who has no real love of the raw game?
Rod ?

I’m not so sure Jabba has achieved his aims with this ridiculous action.
Whilst it adds to the strategy they have adopted [we are the victims and everyone picks on us] so ‘evidences’ just how badly they get bullied………… :lookaround:

It also paints them into a corner a bit. Now that even Jabba has admitted that there IS sectarian abuse occurring in games involving his club (even though the dafty is playing the victim card) he’s let the genie out the bottle.
When the mass choir of bigots gives it large against Lennon (or whomever they happen to hate at the time) how can they possibly defend themselves?

Bit of a contrast here between Hibs and Huns.
Hibs admit they have dafties who need dealt with, and proceed to deal with them.
Huns adopt the usual ‘whataboutery’ and attempt to get the first punch in by claiming to be victims.

I’m with the Hibs strategy.

How about our club and other clubs start taking pictures and using social media and the rags to point out the damage that is done to seats and bathrooms when these dregs visit. Make it a point after every game to highlight the damage and bill they send for damages.

While I am in the same boat when it comes to "don't sound like THEM with the whataboutery", part of me does wonder how much of a part the environment created by THEM plays a part in setting off these sorts of incidents.
Just look at the flying chairs at the recent two Sheep vs Sevco games.

In one sense, nothing like this would ever emanate from either of the ugly sister's management teams. There is a lot of corporate-speak in, it but LD should get some credit.

How about our club and other clubs start taking pictures and using social media and the rags to point out the damage that is done to seats and bathrooms when these dregs visit. Make it a point after every game to highlight the damage and bill they send for damages.

I asked a Director why we were not doing that at half time of the Hun game, the vacant stare told me everything I already thought of the people running our club. They don't see it as a problem, or don't want to rise to the challenge.

I asked a Director why we were not doing that at half time of the Hun game, the vacant stare told me everything I already thought of the people running our club. They don't see it as a problem, or don't want to rise to the challenge.

Pathetic. A camera focused on the away fans and reporting the damage would be very simple. We both know why the club won’t do fuck all about it and highlight it.... Money! They know us fans would demand that we stop selling them tickets and cut the allocation to the minimum. An issue the board would rather not deal with.

Pathetic. A camera focused on the away fans and reporting the damage would be very simple. We both know why the club won’t do fuck all about it and highlight it.... Money! They know us fans would demand that we stop selling them tickets and cut the allocation to the minimum. An issue the board would rather not deal with.

Which was the other part of my discussion and the reason I have been an arsehole about it all week.

Rod Petrie. He had years as Chief Executive to cut the Huns ticket allocation and complain about their behavior but didn’t. He rose up through Scottish football’s corrupt institutions without every making any real effort to confront the elephant in the room. Now we have Leanne in charge and we have on occasion cut their ticket allocation and yet she's getting all the abuse that he should have had before. I do think once we’d mad that move last year to cut them to half the stand we should have kept it that way. Or reduced it further.

Was that Frank, by any chance?

1875 gets it.
It’s down to cash.
We are not ‘giving them extra seats’ as some claim.
We cut the allocation when we could sell most of them to Hibs fans.
This time, due to poor marketing or poor response from Hibs fans, we reverted to previous.

Buy a seat ban a Hun.

Rod Petrie. He had years as Chief Executive to cut the Huns ticket allocation and complain about their behavior but didn’t. He rose up through Scottish football’s corrupt institutions without every making any real effort to confront the elephant in the room. Now we have Leanne in charge and we have on occasion cut their ticket allocation and yet she's getting all the abuse that he should have had before. I do think once we’d mad that move last year to cut them to half the stand we should have kept it that way. Or reduced it further.
i did say that tongue planted firmly in cheek. I do agree with everything youve said

i did say that tongue planted firmly in cheek. I do agree with everything youve said
Oops. Didn’t get the humour. I was thinking his low profile meant you somehow had forgotten who he was.

1875 gets it.
It’s down to cash.
We are not ‘giving them extra seats’ as some claim.
We cut the allocation when we could sell most of them to Hibs fans.
This time, due to poor marketing or poor response from Hibs fans, we reverted to previous.

Buy a seat ban a Hun.
Speculate to accumulate. Cut their allocation even if we don’t have the demand from Hibs fans. We are more likely to win and long term we get more people wanting to come to these games as we repeatedly hump the wanks.

Speculate to accumulate. Cut their allocation even if we don’t have the demand from Hibs fans. We are more likely to win and long term we get more people wanting to come to these games as we repeatedly hump the wanks.

That’s the gamble.
If successful then great. If not, then budget cuts.

Our Board are pretty renowned for being risk adverse after our near financial collapse.

That’s the gamble.
If successful then great. If not, then budget cuts.

Our Board are pretty renowned for being risk adverse after our near financial collapse.
Yeah I get it. Part of me says we should stand up to the SFA, Sevco, the Daily Record etc and just stop participating in the farce but then what happens... we probably just get booted out the league and the club dies.

Which was the other part of my discussion and the reason I have been an arsehole about it all week.
May you long continue being that arsehole on that subject!

May you long continue being that arsehole on that subject!

Some of us don’t need a reason.

Happily take the blue pound, wish the Huns that wanted a boycott had carried it through

I had a dream about Leeann last night, I bumped into her somewhere and she stopped to talk to me, but a minder pulled her away. Not really relevant to anything but I’d forgotten about it until seen the thread.

I have on good authority a hun was arrested on Friday night for throwing a bottle on the pitch,no mention of that in the statement

I had a dream about Leeann last night, I bumped into her somewhere and she stopped to talk to me, but a minder pulled her away. Not really relevant to anything but I’d forgotten about it until seen the thread.

Shrink, mind that efty in Dumbarton?

Last edited:
As long as RP is at our club we will never criticise the rangers sectarianism , they are after all the sfa’s team , and RP ‘s aspirations of being topdog in that corrupt organisation stops him having an adverse opinion about them
LD , while having such previous long term connection with “them” would obviously stop her criticising “them”
My long term held opinion of RP is well documented , you can add LD to my list and as long as they ( RP and LD ) are at our club criticism of them will be zilch , fact of life I’m afraid

This thread has been viewed 5763 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back