• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

LD statement

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Private Member
Reaction score

The Pyro incident relates to pre match...

Last edited:
Why more cameras outside than in. Outside is more a public space

No mention of letting the media continue to trash us with no fight back

No mention of letting the media continue to trash us with no fight back

No mention of the 80 minutes of sectarian singing we had to suffer or the throwing on of broken seats from the away end either. Maybe her brothers were in the away end?

Firstly, the club had to make some kind of statement - and the majority of it is fair enough.

The tone comes across as more defending herself than the club, but maybe I’m interpreting that wrong?

There should have been a condemnation of the sectarian singing, but there was a line about getting our own house in order (or similar).

2 of the ST holders suspended haven’t been convicted of any offence....

Ban for using a pyrotechnic outside the ground seems harsh.

Reactions: Zab
Ban for using a pyrotechnic outside the ground seems harsh.
I think it might be possesion of rather than use,outside of stadium either way.

Is Dempster really bothered about the reputation of the club or her own reputation? All she seems to be worried about is her self. Disappointing there has been no word from her about the newspaper and it’s reporter who constantly degrade the club and the fact she doesn’t mention the sectarian singing. Of course what the boy done on Friday was bad and she needs to act on that but she should remember the club she’s paid by.

‘Those who misbehave taint us all‘.

They simply do not.

Why more cameras outside than in. Outside is more a public space
Does that mean anyone can ask to see them under the freedom of information act?

No idea, curious as to what area Hibs are responsible for.

I don't think so. FoI is, or was, only really for public bodies. Hibs are a private company.

I don't think so. FoI is, or was, only really for public bodies. Hibs are a private company.
Yes appreciate that so as NW states where do the cameras cover?

Only private land?
As outside the FF/West/South are public areas, hibs do not own them so cannot cover them as such with cctv?

Not quite sure why she has felt the need to issue another statement basically telling us what she told us in the last one. Apart from another two fans getting banned, something that I'm sure would have been reported in the local media anyway.

Yes appreciate that so as NW states where do the cameras cover?

Only private land?
As outside the FF/West/South are public areas, hibs do not own them so cannot cover them as such with cctv?
Different legislation J.

I don't feel tainted.
I don't need lectured.
I still don't like this woman.

I thought the statement was pretty balanced.
No point in adopting whataboutery at this stage in the game - it just makes us look like one of the Bigot Brothers.
Once we have cleaned up our act as far as is possible then we can get the ladders out and climb up on the horse.

Only bit that puzzled me was the inference that the Smellies and The The Rangers had better CCTV than us, because it can't seem to catch anybody.

‘Those who misbehave taint us all‘.

They simply do not.

Spot on, they may taint her ambitions, they don't taint me.

I thought the statement was pretty balanced.
No point in adopting whataboutery at this stage in the game - it just makes us look like one of the Bigot Brothers.
Once we have cleaned up our act as far as is possible then we can get the ladders out and climb up on the horse.

Only bit that puzzled me was the inference that the Smellies and The The Rangers had better CCTV than us, because it can't seem to catch anybody.

We have cleared up our act, that was what the 'statement' was about. Our CCTV or other cameras were not trained on the huns to record their 80 minutes of sectarian, racist singing on Friday night, I know that because I asked a board member and had a negative response.

The deflection tactics are crazy, sadly Dempster is part of that.

Last edited:
Waste of time recording the Huns – what would we do with the tape? Some may suggest Leeann could take it home and play it to herself I suppose.

I don’t think we can be held responsible for the lack of action by the police. It’s not up to Hibs to regulate the behaviour of the Hun hordes. Maybe that’s a decent suggestion though – if we train decent HD cctv on the opposition and then hand it to the police with a complaint, together with the detailed seat numbers of those involved (all of them!) and I’m sure they will find them all and charge them.

I see some twatters are holding Leeann responsible for the bigoted behaviour – including a recently resigned Bouncer! Quite incredible logic.

The insanity of Hibs fans deflecting blame from the The Huns fans onto our own club is mind-blowing. My only complaint about the Huns visit (apart from the obvious) was I felt a campaign of ‘buy a seat, deprive a Hun’ may have worked. It did previously, when we cut their allocation safe in the knowledge that our fans would take up the slack. Maybe that would have succeeded again……….. and if we kept it up, their allocation would dwindle.

Statement is balanced and fair in parts. Hard one to get the tone right.
Missing a couple of points for me. Unacceptable behaviour from anyone inside Easter Road (home and away fans), including sectarianism and racism, is not welcome.

I’d be interested to know what pressure Hibs are putting, if any, on the Daily Record as their agenda is beyond tiresome a long time ago.

Waste of time recording the Huns – what would we do with the tape? Some may suggest Leeann could take it home and play it to herself I suppose.

I don’t think we can be held responsible for the lack of action by the police. It’s not up to Hibs to regulate the behaviour of the Hun hordes. Maybe that’s a decent suggestion though – if we train decent HD cctv on the opposition and then hand it to the police with a complaint, together with the detailed seat numbers of those involved (all of them!) and I’m sure they will find them all and charge them.

She could sent it to her family, they can whip it our at family do's.

You answered your own question though. Report it to the police and via a press statement, pass a copy to Alex Thomson of Channel 4, ask the National to report it. I know for a fact Hibs had cameras trained on the Motherwell fans behind Neil Lennon in the recent away game. That cannae have been because anyone from Motherwell is very photogenic?

Sit and do nothing, or fight back? I know what I wan the club to do, the shitebags that they are.

I know we have moved on but Jesus she would have had a heart attack when CCS were more prevalent and then the good old east stand days...
And only nine inside the ground, that isn’t really a lot for the size of the stadium, I think we had more than that before ...
We get out shit in order then we can criticize the rest of the teams before then we can’t,,.
GGTTH

I know we have moved on but Jesus she would have had a heart attack when CCS were more prevalent and then the good old east stand days...
And only nine inside the ground, that isn’t really a lot for the size of the stadium, I think we had more than that before ...
We get out shit in order then we can criticize the rest of the teams before then we can’t,,.
GGTTH
It’s very changed days from the time of the CCS rumbles, gas canisters, pitch invasions on an almost weekly basis throughout Britain. We are facing an upsurge in small incidents and after all the shit she’s been through lately she’s probably very angry that she has to jump through these hoops to try and get the GFA and GFPL off our back.

Football is a corporate event at most big clubs. Hibs still have a semblance of being in it for the football. Leanne is without doubt a football fan as well as a CEO - how many big clubs can say that? She and Budge get a lot of abuse but I feel at least they are both football fans and if we gave Leanne a chance she’d maybe go full Sproule and convert from a Hun. If we keep giving her pelters for almost every utterance she makes then off course she will gladly go running to her childhood heroes if they approach her. If she goes what kinda corporate fud are we likely to end up with who has no real love of the raw game?

It’s very changed days from the time of the CCS rumbles, gas canisters, pitch invasions on an almost weekly basis throughout Britain. We are facing an upsurge in small incidents and after all the shit she’s been through lately she’s probably very angry that she has to jump through these hoops to try and get the GFA and GFPL off our back.

Football is a corporate event at most big clubs. Hibs still have a semblance of being in it for the football. Leanne is without doubt a football fan as well as a CEO - how many big clubs can say that? She and Budge at all get a lot of abuse but I feel at least they are both football fans and if we gave Leanne a chance she’d maybe go full Sproule and convert from a Hun. If we keep giving her pelters for almost every utterance she makes then off course she will gladly go running to her childhood heroes if they approach her. If she goes what kinda corporate fud are we likely to end up with who has no real love of the raw game?

I'm not convinced that her reluctance to ever criticise the huns isn't part of that ambition and I wouldnt be surprised if her end game is to end up at Ibrox. She's been good for Hibs but I dont hold her in the awe that some people do. I think she's treading water until something else comes along which might equally be outside of football. Wouldn't surprise me if she's away

She’s really not doing a very good job drumming up season tickets sales for next season. Rather than question other clubs fans and behavior, she wants to throw lifetime bans at fans and such. The scumbag throwing the bottle yes, not the daftie that ran on the pitch though. A season long ban should have been enough.

I don’t like the woman, never have. I don’t think she gets us fans and never will. It’s all corporate and less about what happens on the pitch.

Imagine she ever did get the Rangers job , would she issue similar statements then I wonder ?

Imagine she ever did get the Rangers job , would she issue similar statements then I wonder ?

Criticising Hibs Fans?
Of course!

This whole look at rangers befire you look at us, needs to stop.

That makes us look like them. Deflect and avoid our own situations.

We need to look clean ourselves before we start throwing others out there

Although, it's not like we were saying anything about them before this all came up too. So wouldn't hold my breath

This whole look at rangers befire you look at us, needs to stop.

That makes us look like them. Deflect and avoid our own situations.

We need to look clean ourselves before we start throwing others out there

Although, it's not like we were saying anything about them before this all came up too. So wouldn't hold my breath

What is you suggest we clean up Hammi?

Hibs fans have been complaining about the sectarian singing from Newco Fans for years, added to that our treatment at the Hunnery. Hibs have done nothing other than get us a free car park (that is bottled by Huns every trip) and a cordon from said car park to the stadium and back.

What is you suggest we clean up Hammi?

Hibs fans have been complaining about the sectarian singing from Newco Fans for years, added to that our treatment at the Hunnery. Hibs have done nothing other than get us a free car park (that is bottled by Huns every trip) and a cordon from said car park to the stadium and back.

I'm no saying its right, we're all very aware of the double standards.
But when stuff is happening in our own stadium with our own fans, nobody will look at us with any credibility in a complaint.

We should've been making alot more noise befire all this about their club, no doubt.

But right now we're not in a position to start.

Everyone wants to make an example of us. But if we go.. What about them... Squat will happen until we've been able to show its possible to control our own shit.

It's not right. It's not just, but it's exavtly how it'll play out.

Still can't fathom how supporters are swallowing this line of a few individuals tarnishing the 'good name' of the club and the support, it's total bullshit, and LD coming out with stuff like this only feeds the agenda.

Our support is a normal football support, we've got dafties and racists and tories and nationalists and white folk and black folk and gay folk and disabled folk. We reflect society in general.

To feed into the agenda of recent events being a football problem along the lines of the modern day curse of sectarianism is misleading in the extreme, and LD either should know better, or does know better but she's working her own agenda.

We all know where her footballing allegiances lie, so it's not really surprising.

Still can't fathom how supporters are swallowing this line of a few individuals tarnishing the 'good name' of the club and the support, it's total bullshit, and LD coming out with stuff like this only feeds the agenda.

Our support is a normal football support, we've got dafties and racists and tories and nationalists and white folk and black folk and gay folk and disabled folk. We reflect society in general.

To feed into the agenda of recent events being a football problem along the lines of the modern day curse of sectarianism is misleading in the extreme, and LD either should know better, or does know better but she's working her own agenda.

We all know where her footballing allegiances lie, so it's not really surprising.

I'm not swallowing lines. I've made my own mind up.

For as long as this keeps happening... The reporting will drag our club through the mud.
Whether you want to see it or not, thats damaging to the image of the club.

One person or 12 people don't represent the full support.. Of course not, but to not see how this damages our image is quite surprising to me.

I'm not swallowing lines. I've made my own mind up.

For as long as this keeps happening... The reporting will drag our club through the mud.
Whether you want to see it or not, thats damaging to the image of the club.

One person or 12 people don't represent the full support.. Of course not, but to not see how this damages our image is quite surprising to me.
But it's damaging our club in the eyes of who? Do you care about the opinion of the DR or Rangers FC or some righteous uninformed eedjit? I don't.

Anyone, with a scintilla of knowledge of football culture, Scottish culture or society will accept that a few bad apples don't spoil the entire crop.

I can't get my head around who you think is taking these images as a defining example of our club and the wider support. Some stuck up arsehole in Morningside who's never been to a football match in their life because they think it's all CCS and molatov cocktails? Some sneering rugby merchants who think it's top banter to puke on each others pints?

I'm all for banning any daftie that runs onto the pitch at ER and physically confronts any player, but lets see it for what it is and nothing more.

But it's damaging our club in the eyes of who? Do you care about the opinion of the DR or Rangers FC or some righteous uninformed eedjit? I don't.

Anyone, with a scintilla of knowledge of football culture, Scottish culture or society will accept that a few bad apples don't spoil the entire crop.

I can't get my head around who you think is taking these images as a defining example of our club and the wider support. Some stuck up arsehole in Morningside who's never been to a football match in their life because they think it's all CCS and molatov cocktails? Some sneering rugby merchants who think it's top banter to puke on each others pints?

I'm all for banning any daftie that runs onto the pitch at ER and physically confronts any player, but lets see it for what it is and nothing more.

Must be an appealing prospect for players coming and hearing that bottles and drum sticks and the likes could be thrown at you.
Or to the folk who go along with young kids who are now being put off etc.

If you listen to the media, you'd think this happened every single game, and that's their Fuckin end goal. To make us look like that to every and anyone.

And when/if it comes to it. If I can't get in my seat because of some Fuckin arsehole who can't control himself at a game, then it ruins it for me as well.

Brush it off if you want, makes no difference to me.
Bit this shit can't keep happening, and we can't be making excuses for it, or looking the other way cause the bigger kids do it too

You misunderstand, I'm not brushing it off or making excuses, I've never said that once. Take the appropriate actions against the individual idiots. But lets not propagate the idea it's a reflection on the support or the club. Because it's not.

You misunderstand, I'm not brushing it off or making excuses, I've never said that once. Take the appropriate actions against the individual idiots. But lets not propagate the idea it's a reflection on the support or the club. Because it's not.

Well for us long as it keeps happening, it'll be reported as such
Which in turn, reflects on everyone.

Just look at the English national team abroad.
Everyone hates receiving them, even though it's not all of them.

The statement was strong and necessary as Hibs do have a problem with individual fans in high profile games as there is clearly a worrying pattern developing and full marks to our Chief Executive for explaining the clubs position and publicly condemning recent incidents as well as outlining a semi solution.

Its "whataboutery " but never in a million trillion billion years is Leanne Dempster going to address the sectarian dimension to Scottish football.

Lets not ignore the elephant in the room which is that our Chief Executive comes from the very background that has continually disgraced Scottish football and Scottish society for over 100 years and was a supporter for roughly 15 to 20 years of the very club that epitomises these divisions.

I would unoquivallacly give her the benefit of the doubt and accept without reservation that personally she is a very decent person who is a football fan first and foremost and is no way a sectarian bigot and that there is no doubt in my mind this is the case.

Equally both she and her two brothers could recite 'No Pope of Rome' or the "Billy Boys" word for word and then backwards simply because that is inbred in of anyone who was brought up supporting either "Scotland's Shame 1873" or "Scotlands Shame 2012".

Condemmining sectarianism from this base just isnt part of her job description, its not part of the DNA and its a death knell to possible career progression and it just won't happen

Last edited:
The statement was strong and necessary as Hibs do have a problem with individual fans in high profile games as there is clearly a worrying pattern developing and full marks to our Chief Executive for explaining the clubs position and publicly condemning recent incidents as well as outlining a semi solution.

Its "whataboutery " but never in a million trillion billion years is Leanne Dempster going to address the sectarian dimension to Scottish football.

Lets not ignore the elephant in the room which is that our Chief Executive comes from the very background that has continually disgraced Scottish football and Scottish society for over 100 years and was a supporter for roughly 15 to 20 years of the very club that epitomises these divisions.

I would unoquivallacly give her the benefit of the doubt and accept without reservation that personally she is a very decent person who is a football fan first and foremost and is no way a sectarian bigot and that there is no doubt in my mind this is the case.

Equally both she and her two brothers could recite 'No Pope of Rome' or the "Billy Boys" word for word and then backwards simply because that is inbred in of anyone who was brought up supporting either "Scotland's Shame 1873" or "Scotlands Shame 2012".

Condemmining sectarianism from this base just isnt part of her job description, its not part of the DNA and its a death knell to possible career progression and it just won't happen
I think you are pretty accurate here but I hold out hope that given the right environment the majority of people can get over the bile of sectarian nonsense. That right environment is partly in our own control by what we choose to allow to go unchallenged in society.

I know Hibs never really had a huge problem but it is virtually non existent in our support and club as a whole. That is in no small part down to people within the Hibs support challenging nonsense. Stevie Clark has shown people from Ayrshire can get past it but it probably had a lot to do with his years out the Scottish goldfish bowl. Note Dean Sheils comments as well this week on that matter I guess. I applaud Steve and Dean for daring to say this stuff publicly. I agree Leanne should say it but Rod should be saying it first, like 15 years ago!

A lot of people on here talk of their Hun friends at work etc - we have to constantly challenge the shite they come out with so the inbred nonsense is shown to them for what it is - inbred nonsense.

Whilst very well put, one elephant in the room that could have been avoided is selling them the 3600 tickets we did. I am afraid in the corporate world income gazzumps sectarianism and racism.

This thread has been viewed 5762 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back