• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

Lawrie Leslie RIP

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Former Hibs goalkeeping great of the late 1950's has died aged 84. My dad said he was a brilliant goalkeeper and he rated him higher than Tommy Younger.
My old man was at the famous 4-3 Scottish Cup win against Gunts at Tynecastle in 1958 (his favourite ever Hibs game), and despite 17 year old Joe Baker scoring all four Hibs goals, my dad reckoned Lawrie Leslie was Man of the Match after a world class display of goalkeeping. Went on to have a good career in England.

RIP Lawrie.

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Gunts
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Billy McKinley, my Blackie Boy father told me the very same thing about him.
BIG G

WJC1848

Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Former Hibs goalkeeping great of the late 1950's has died aged 84. My dad said he was a brilliant goalkeeper and he rated him higher than Tommy Younger.
My old man was at the famous 4-3 Scottish Cup win against Gunts at Tynecastle in 1958 (his favourite ever Hibs game), and despite 17 year old Joe Baker scoring all four Hibs goals, my dad reckoned Lawrie Leslie was Man of the Match after a world class display of goalkeeping. Went on to have a good career in England.

RIP Lawrie.
First of all, commiserations to Lawrie Leslie's family. He was a wonderful goalie.
I, too, was at that game and I could remember very clearly Joe Baker's performance, but not so clearly Lawrie's, probably because the Baker boy was very much the darling of our team at the time. We played a cup game up at Dundee United a year or so earlier (I think) and Lawrie gained us a replay with some outstanding saves. This was when United played in their black and white hoops. Really sad to learn of the passing of the other marvellous player who hailed from Selkirk. RIP, Lawrie.

Hibs v Gunts

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel