• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Kenny MacAskill Lunatic

Greenman

Legendary Radge
Reaction score
On the telly now BBC 2 slavering pish and sounding like a church minister hang yer head in shame ya radge.:tuttut::tuttut::tuttut::tuttut:

MacAskill pride of Tripoli erse :tuttut::tuttut:

I listened to his whole speech.

It was like Shabby Lilo on valium.

He should have read through it first. Even the live TV news interrupted half way through to give the weather forecast, the lottery result, and a story about firemen rescuing a cat up a tree then running over the beast in their fire engine, and when they went back to Kenny he still hadn't freed the boy. Maybe they were hoping he'd peg it during the interminable speech.

I listened to his whole speech.

It was like Shabby Lilo on valium.

He should have read through it first. Even the live TV news interrupted half way through to give the weather forecast, the lottery result, and a story about firemen rescuing a cat up a tree then running over the beast in their fire engine, and when they went back to Kenny he still hadn't freed the boy. Maybe they were hoping he'd peg it during the interminable speech.

We will have that other zealot Galloway on next praising the tent dwelling indefatigable one in Libya. Another fcukin arshole meoooowwwww.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6w5dUo74xeY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6w5dUo74xeY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

didnt see the speech but right decision imo - good odds the boy never done it and shouldn't die in prison for something he didnt do - still not learning after guildford and birmingham

should now have a full enquiry or allow the appeal to continue in absentia - politics will mean that never happens though :sad

didnt see the speech but right decision imo - good odds the boy never done it and shouldn't die in prison for something he didnt do - still not learning after guildford and birmingham

should now have a full enquiry or allow the appeal to continue in absentia - politics will mean that never happens though :sad

I'd say from your standpoint it was a good outcome rather than a good decision. If he was innocent then he should be freed as an innocent man.

The way that he was "freed" means that we may never have the truth.

I'm undecided I must admit - but I haven't been party to much in the way of truths - just what has been presented as facts.
And I'm not sure they are.

I'd say from your standpoint it was a good outcome rather than a good decision. If he was innocent then he should be freed as an innocent man.

I'm undecided I must admit - but I haven't been party to much in the way of truths - just what has been presented as facts.
And I'm not sure they are.

I think it all revolves around the "Malta"factor.

Let me ask you this though. if you where him and innocent would you not want to appeal and clear you name. now we will never kn ow the truth

decision too - if he hadn't taken it the dude would have died in jail. agree on the dissatisfaction that we'll likely never learn the truth on who really bombed that plane but the guy needed home simple.

Kenny McCaskill has stressed that the release was granted purely on compassionate grounds, and confirmed that in an interview on Newsnight tonight.

But you have to wonder if his decision wasn't at least influenced by suspicions about the safety of the guilty verdict.

I don't really know enough of the evidence to really have an opinion but i've always listened to that father of a victim Jim Swire and found him articulate and reasonable. He appears to believe he's entirely innocent....

That said bottom line he was tried and found guilty.

However, it's interesting to note that Kenny McCaskill has rejected SEVEN other requests for release on compassionate grounds during his short period in office.

Wonder what they crimes were. Must have been more than the worst terrorist atrocity in UK history...

I found Kenny McCaskill going on about the Scottish values etc etc deeply embarassing.

It is a tricky one this.
on the one hand the guy has been found guilty of mass murder by our wonderful, best in the world, ?:rollfloor:g: legal system. So therefore he must rot in hell and the big C is too good for him

on the other hand
It does appear there is major holes in the evidence which convicted him.
I never understood how his "partner " got not guilty, when in my memory the prosecution was that they worked as a team?:dunno: The press never seem to mention this

the decision has hee haw to do with compassion, its all politics and i doubt very much if mcaskill was the one who made the "big decision" He is the messenger, nothing more.
He is the man who got lifted at at Wembley for being drunk and now tries to make our booze more expensive :laff::pullhair:

I don't really know enough of the evidence to really have an opinion but i've always listened to that father of a victim Jim Swire and found him articulate and reasonable. He appears to believe he's entirely innocent....

However, it's interesting to note that Kenny McCaskill has rejected SEVEN other requests for release on compassionate grounds during his short period in office.
Wonder what they crimes were. Must have been more than the worst terrorist atrocity in UK history...

I found Kenny McCaskill going on about the Scottish values etc etc deeply embarassing.

....and granted 23 (?) others. I wondered about this, too. It's possible, I suppose, that the non-granting of compassionate release in those cases is to do with something other than severity of the crime. Not sure what that would be, but possibly less than convincing medical evidence, or a perceived continued threat posed by the prisoner?

Interesting post on the bbc comments thingy:

First of all, my apologies to the Scots for all of the trashy commentary here. Clearly, people are still not skilled enough to read between the lines from our Politburo western media complex as to what is really going on. It's fairly obvious that this is part of the deal that was struck with Ghadafi a month ago when Obama visited him and the Scots are the fall guys. The reward is oil. BP will be a drillin there shortly.

Sounds about right to me.

You've more faces than the town clock.
You said to me you didn't know if he was guilty. Yet now you're saying, he's been found guilty, so that's that?
If you think he didn't blow up the plane, then surely you're not saying ''Ach well, he was found guilty, so he must be.''
That's worse than freeing a murderer.

Interesting post on the bbc comments thingy:

Sounds about right to me.

Deffo.And Mandelson spending some of his holiday on Corfu with Ghadafi jnr brassing his case on behalf of BP is relevant too.

It's disgusting that such an act can be treated like a political football where the real villians are probably known but stooges are offered up to appease the nations involved for some knobs political gain.

You've more faces than the town clock.

bitch_on_board.gif

You said to me you didn't know if he was guilty. Yet now you're saying, he's been found guilty, so that's that?
If you think he didn't blow up the plane, then surely you're not saying ''Ach well, he was found guilty, so he must be.''
That's worse than freeing a murderer.

I've said that my gut instinct is that he's not guilty. However, is that a reason to believe he should be released?

Not IMO.

I'm dissapointed the canute Megrahi's plane never crashed on the way back to Tripoli with luck he wont last to the end of September.

As for the conspiracy theorists it was someone on the grassy knoll that done it.

Unfortunately we have to assume he's guilty as he was found guilty. Going on the logic that he probably never did it we should release paedophiles who were found guilty but we say probably didn't do it.

The question of his guilt or otherwise doesn't enter into this decision. That was made very clear. He has been found guilty by a Scottish court of law.

In that respect, the birmingham six should never have been freed.
TC Campbell and Joe Steele should have been banged up to serve out their sentence.
There were certain individuals given medals as reward for their part in the aftermath on the said night.
What's not said is the very same persons hadn't a fucking clue what to do when the world for everyone in Lockerbie changed forever.
He may have been found guilty. But the question of doubt must be allowed to be aired when evidence to contrary has been swept under the carpet. To the extent those with the evidence have been 'encouraged' to keep their mouth shut.
What a sad fucking society we live in that we condemn a man just because we've been told he is guilty. Without letting all the facts be heard.
Let's face it, we didn't need a poxy fucking carboard court in the Netherlands to find a verdict. He was guilty the day he was handed over to the Scottish authorities.
Dr Jim Swire sat through the court case and believes he is innocent. It would be so easy for him to be blind by the lust for revenge.
There is evidence out there that was never allowed to be submitted.
If that's our legal system, It's no wonder why we think as a society we are fucked.
No wonder our education system is in such a state when the future of the country is being taught by propaganda blinded teachers.
Yep. As a race, we are fucked.

All I know about this is that an Oil deal was made.

Unfortunately we have to assume he's guilty as he was found guilty. Going on the logic that he probably never did it we should release paedophiles who were found guilty but we say probably didn't do it.

If there is evidence to prove they didn't do it, then yes we should release those accused of being paedophiles.
We don't have to assume just because he was found guilty. We have to believe he is guilty when ALL evidence has been heard.

There's a lot of people out there shitting themselves tonight because he has been released. They would much preferred he died in jail.
My hunch is the UK's relationship with USA may be affected if certain information was allowed to get out.

I think you have misunderstood my post. My point was concerning the action of the Scottish government, in that it was stated to have been taken independently of the issue of whether or not the person concerned was unfairly convicted

My own opinion is another matter, and in fact I have grave doubts that he was fairly convicted. So your personal vindictiveness is a bit misplaced.
Apologies for jumping to conclusion and getting the facts mixed up. Seems all too easy nowadays. :roll:

Last edited:
Your comments were very personalised and based on a limited understanding of the discussion, and a very limited knowledge of my own mindset. All too easy for some it seems. I'd appreciate it if you would forget anything you have learned about my background in the context of any future discussion. Thanks in advance.

My comments were based on the message you wrote. If there were other messages which weren't posted were, my response may have been different.
As you can see it's all too easy to come to a decision without having all the facts present.
As for the personalised comments, my message was in response to what I considered a personal belief.
As for the comment on propaganda blinded teachers. That was a general comment I stand by.
As for your background, I don't really give a monkey's. I take everyone at face value.
Just because you were/are a teacher doesn't change my mind that the vast majority of teachers I have met in my job are neurotic, knee jerking, self centred, whinging arseholes.
But that doesn't mean I think you are one.

"the vast majority of teachers I have met in my job are neurotic, knee jerking, self centred, whinging arseholes."

Well this Propaganda monkey has found most of the teachers he has come across to be good people, who put a shift in for the kids in their care and if they/I whinge, it tends to be about fairly justified things.

"the vast majority of teachers I have met in my job are neurotic, knee jerking, self centred, whinging arseholes."

Well this Propaganda monkey has found most of the teachers he has come across to be good people, who put a shift in for the kids in their care and if they/I whinge, it tends to be about fairly justified things.
Well there you go 2 views on the one profession. I'm sure you'll have those that agree with you, and I'll have folk that agree with me. I'm sure when all facts were presented, both of us could change minds.
You're probably just lucky to only have met the ones who were in the minority.

The guy is a patsy.

If he hadnt been ,there would have been a mirror thread,he never done it thats for sure.

Oh fuckin agendas..........they are shit.........PC feckers.

BOTTOM LINE IS ITS SCOTTISH LAW........1993,He was charged under scottish law,convicted uder scottish law,served his sentence under scottish law and freed under the statute:banger:

Its not rocket science,just read the fuckin rules

In releasing Al Megrachi(be it right ly or wrongly) , Kenny Mcaskil has made Scotland about as popular as a fart in a spacesuit with the Western world , he has now made our great wee country an enemy of the USofA, at a time when the Scottish economy is on it's arse the last thing we need is companies pulling out of investing in Scotland

If Megrachi is innocent who bombed the plane?

Just my humble opinion

In releasing Al Megrachi(be it right ly or wrongly) , Kenny Mcaskil has made Scotland about as popular as a fart in a spacesuit with the Western world , he has now made our great wee country an enemy of the USofA, at a time when the Scottish economy is on it's arse the last thing we need is companies pulling out of investing in Scotland

If Megrachi is innocent who bombed the plane?

Just my humble opinion

So Scotland, like London, should always suck the USA's c*** for the yankee dollar?

Why would US companies turn down the Scottish pound anyway when they are queuing up to rake in the dinar from Megrahi's homeland? Companies will sell their proverbial grannies if there's a profit in it.

Who bombed the plane? We'll never know.

By the way, how ironic just 48 hours after Megrahi leaves, an even bigger killer finally says sorry. Lt William Calley, a real keen G.I. Joe, has apologised for slaughtering 500 men, women and children at My Lai during the Vietnam war. Calley was sentenced to life imprisonment which Richard Nixon then commuted to 3 feckin years house arrest!! And they try to lecture us in how to imprison mass murderers!!!

By the way, how ironic just 48 hours after Megrahi leaves, an even bigger killer finally says sorry. Lt William Calley, a real keen G.I. Joe, has apologised for slaughtering 500 men, women and children at My Lai during the Vietnam war. Calley was sentenced to life imprisonment which Richard Nixon then commuted to 3 feckin years house arrest!! And they try to lecture us in how to imprison mass murderers!!!

Funnily enough in the aftermath of that:

The greatest tragedy of all will be if political expedience dictates the compromise of such a fundamental moral principle as the inherent unlawfulness of the murder of innocent persons

plus ca change plus c'est le meme chose

In releasing Al Megrachi(be it right ly or wrongly) , Kenny Mcaskil has made Scotland about as popular as a fart in a spacesuit with the Western world , he has now made our great wee country an enemy of the USofA.

Nonsense.

There may be a bit of flak from the Yanks for a bit but Scotland will come out of this rather well I suspect.

Oh no the Head of the FBI has writen a scathing letter about the release, saying it makes a mockery of the justice system.

Of course with their justice system he would have been killed by the state long before now and Lybia would probably be a burning hole in the ground.

He was convicted under our laws, and released under our laws, working to the letter of OUR justice system which has existed longer than his country has.
Nuff said.

People who say "why should he be shown leniancy or compassion," assuming he is guilty which is still very dubious, seem to miss the point that we are supposed to be the civilised ones able to look down on terrorists, the best way to do that is to show compassion in situations that deserve it.

My auntie was on the jury for this, and I've never saw her more angry or upset. She spent a portion of her life in Holland listening to the case of this, and to her it seems as if this period has been a waste of time now. That is from somebody on the jury.

Imagine being a parent of a victim. While some may believe he was innocent, others will have found some comfort knowing that the person who robbed their child of their life was sentenced. Now he is a free man, and while he is going to die - aren't we all. The only difference being that his will be from a horrible illness.

Cancer is a disgusting ailment. It's something you wouldn't wish on your worst nightmare. However, if you have been found guilty of a crime, it should not be seen as a cause of granting somebody freedom. To people connected with victims, then their loved one must seem worthless due to his release.

....right decision imo - good odds the boy never done it and shouldn't die in prison for something he didnt do - .......

So, politicians decide who is and is not guilty not the courts? That would worry me A LOT!!!

My auntie was on the jury for this, and I've never saw her more angry or upset. She spent a portion of her life in Holland listening to the case of this, and to her it seems as if this period has been a waste of time now. That is from somebody on the jury.

Libya made three stipulations, when agreeing to hand over the two accused to the Scottish police: that they would not be interviewed by the police; no one else in Libya would be sought for the bombing; and, that the trial should be before three Scottish judges, sitting without a jury. On 5 April 1999, over a year ahead of the start of the trial, Megrahi and Fhimah arrived in the Netherlands.

You wouldn't be winding us up would you? (I would check your pants are not alight BTW!!:sɯɐʎ

Last edited:
So, politicians decide who is and is not guilty not the courts? That would worry me A LOT!!!

Libya made three stipulations, when agreeing to hand over the two accused to the Scottish police: that they would not be interviewed by the police; no one else in Libya would be sought for the bombing; and, that the trial should be before three Scottish judges, sitting without a jury. On 5 April 1999, over a year ahead of the start of the trial, Megrahi and Fhimah arrived in the Netherlands.

You wouldn't be winding us up would you? (I would check your pants are not alight BTW!!:sɯɐʎ
Why would they want judges as their jury and not 12 "laymen"?
you would think they would trust "faceless" joe public rather than paid individuals who are under extreme pressure to come up with the so called right result
It is all very messy
was there people advised not to get on the plane or is this just wild speculation?

Your right. My Auntie must have lied about being there. In fact, my time visiting her there must also be a lie! Don't accuse me of lying about something as serious as this. This may shock you, but I did in fact experience the events of my life.

Also, Scottish law has that three judges are only in attendance for appeals. This wasn't an appeal, so either the Scottish law went against Scottish law, or wiki has been edited. Take your pick!

Oh, they aren't alight phew

Your right. My Auntie must have lied about being there. In fact, my time visiting her there must also be a lie! Don't accuse me of lying about something as serious as this. This may shock you, but I did in fact experience the events of my life.

Also, Scottish law has that three judges are only in attendance for appeals. This wasn't an appeal, so either the Scottish law went against Scottish law, or wiki has been edited. Take your pick!

Oh, they aren't alight phew
better put the brakes on this one Stu.
I,m pretty sure it wasnt a jury but 3 judges who decided the outcome of the trial

I,m pretty sure it wasnt a jury but 3 judges who decided the outcome of the trial

So my auntie attended all these courts, lived for a portion of her life in a lie then ? I have my serious doubts about that. She has worked in VIA for many years, only just moving into the trials dept. I've never seen her as angry and upset as she was when the announcement was made. Given that it was her son's (my godson's) birthday, I would presume it be nigh on impossible to upset her.

I may be many things, but I'm not a fcuking liar!

The trial will take place without a jury, but the court will have the same powers, authorities and jurisdiction which it would have had if it had been sitting with a jury in Scotland

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/526405.stm

So my auntie attended all these courts, lived for a portion of her life in a lie then ? I have my serious doubts about that. She has worked in VIA for many years, only just moving into the trials dept. I've never seen her as angry and upset as she was when the announcement was made. Given that it was her son's (my godson's) birthday, I would presume it be nigh on impossible to upset her.

I may be many things, but I'm not a fcuking liar!
I never called you a liar
I was trying to give you some advice"maybe wrong", but well intentioned.
If I am wrong it dont me me a f**king liar

the other 3 were laywomen:doh

Last edited:
I never called you a liar
I was trying to give you some advice"maybe wrong", but well intentioned.
If I am wrong it dont me me a f**king liar

Sorry mate, the liar bit was more aimed at Kurt - who did call me a liar. It was a rush of emotion after just being called a liar, although my auntie never attended court and lived in Holland for nothing. At the time, I was a bit pissed off with Kurt calling me a liar (which I'm not) and at the time it looked to me like you were "siding" with him.

Sorry mate.

This thread has been viewed 6560 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back