• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Kelvin Wilson

Two Headed Boy

Private Member
Reaction score
I was chatting to a lad who works in marketing for a bookies today and he seems to think we are signing ex-Celtic defender Wilson on a free, so I thought I'd pass it on.

Makes sense Lennon would hire someone he knows if he is available, although this same guy told me we were signing Nigel Quashie a few years ago so take it with a pinch of salt.

I was chatting to a lad who works in marketing for a bookies today and he seems to think we are signing ex-Celtic defender Wilson on a free, so I thought I'd pass it on.

Makes sense Lennon would hire someone he knows if he is available, although this same guy told me we were signing Nigel Quashie a few years ago so take it with a pinch of salt.
Just in case......happy birthday Kelvin......

Have we being linked with him before? it rings a bell though not sure if it was under Stubbs or Lennon.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Have we being linked with him before? it rings a bell though not sure if it was under Stubbs or Lennon.

We were linked to him during Lennon’s first season, but I think he signed for Stubbs at Rotherham.

Been a free agent for a while now? Was a good player, but fitness could be an issue.

We were linked to him during Lennon’s first season, but I think he signed for Stubbs at Rotherham.

Been a free agent for a while now? Was a good player, but fitness could be an issue.
Cheers thought we had. I guess a lot of players taking at this will be a fitness concern but if they are a good professional they should be reasonably fit. Sounds like we need another option after weekend.

Reactions: Zab
Cheers thought we had. I guess a lot of players taking at this will be a fitness concern but if they are a good professional they should be reasonably fit. Sounds like we need another option after weekend.

Another defender wouldn’t go amiss, escpeically someone with good experience. Lennon knows what he’s all about, so it would be worth getting him in for training over the next couple of weeks before the Kilmarnock game.

He another bloody Australian?:puzzledsmiley:

Has he played in a year?

No he's English, 33 today.

Where’s his feckin bike?

Hope we can get a striker amongst the free agents, although hopefully Lewis Allan is now going to be considered ready for regular inclusion in the first team squad.

Hope we can get a striker amongst the free agents, although hopefully Lewis Allan is now going to be considered ready for regular inclusion in the first team squad.

Hopefully Kamberi is fully fit by the next league game, once he and Maclaren get back playing together we carry such a greater goal threat. I’d like us to give Lewis & Oli their chance to challenge those two rather than pick up a journeyman free agent.

Hopefully Kamberi is fully fit by the next league game, once he and Maclaren get back playing together we carry such a greater goal threat. I’d like us to give Lewis & Oli their chance to challenge those two rather than pick up a journeyman free agent.

100% agree with this. As much as I'd rather win the games, I would sooner lose a few games like the Livingston one if it meant giving our young, promising strikers a chance - versus signing a free agent at the bottom of the pile.

Agreed there's only one Flo Kamberi. I don't think Lewis Allan was that amazing on Saturday, still very raw and coming up for 22 later this year. Will be surprised if he makes it at Hibs.

In regards to signing another older player, really hope if true he's not as bad as Whittaker.

Agreed there's only one Flo Kamberi. I don't think Lewis Allan was that amazing on Saturday, still very raw and coming up for 22 later this year. Will be surprised if he makes it at Hibs.

In regards to signing another older player, really hope if true he's not as bad as Whittaker.

It’s probably make or break for Allan, but there’s every chance he could be a bit of a late bloomer. Either way I hope he gets some sort of opportunity to prove himself.

I'd also say that in regards to Whittaker, older players often take a lot longer to get match fit again, I think Neil might just be testing him out to see if there is anything left there.

Granted right now the answer looks like no, but I think in the next few weeks he'll either come good as the calm, sensible guy in front of the back 4 or be surplus.

I'd also say that in regards to Whittaker, older players often take a lot longer to get match fit again, I think Neil might just be testing him out to see if there is anything left there.

Granted right now the answer looks like no, but I think in the next few weeks he'll either come good as the calm, sensible guy in front of the back 4 or be surplus.
Only put Whittaker in as he doesn't have Bartley or Milligan and he wanted to go with a familiar system. I agree as you say older players do take longer but Whittaker I think is finished, his reactions are so slow.

Didnt realise he hasn't played since 2017 bit worrying that no one has picked him up and taking a punt on him. Is there much legs in this rumour?

Didnt realise he hasn't played since 2017 bit worrying that no one has picked him up and taking a punt on him. Is there much legs in this rumour?

Probably more legs in the rumour than the player.......

Reactions: CPP
Thought this might have been decent but the search goes on. Though as have said in previous posts I'm hoping things come right with players brought in getting a game. Any idea what's going on with Agyepong? Not the answer to defence I know.

Thought this might have been decent but the search goes on. Though as have said in previous posts I'm hoping things come right with players brought in getting a game. Any idea what's going on with Agyepong? Not the answer to defence I know.

Scored in both his 2 reserve outings so far

Scored in both his 2 reserve outings so far
...and been very impressive in both games by all accounts.

Played against Livi on Saturday.

Played against Livi on Saturday.
Scored for reserves yesterday

He had a couple of runs at the Livvy defence on Saturday but with middling auccess.

Coach's summary: still gettin his $hit together, will hopefully come good or even get a debut in a match or two.

He had a couple of runs at the Livvy defence on Saturday but with middling auccess.

Coach's summary: still gettin his $hit together, will hopefully come good or even get a debut in a match or two.

“Bags of pace”

When he is played as a winger which is what he actually is we will see the best of him. Martin Boyle is the same...a winger and nothing else...albeit a very good one.

Was shoved off the ball by Livi defender and should have got us a penalty. You could argue it soft but the defender pushes out with both arms and no attempt to play the ball.

This thread has been viewed 2475 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50