• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Just back.....Paddy, ohh Paddy Stanton, ohh Paddy Stanton is the King!

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
Just back (well on the way home) from a magnificent night at the Usher Hall to celebrate King Paddy's 75th Birthday.

Thanks to the wonderful St Patricks branch. I witnessed Hibernian heroes and fitba heroes wax lyrical about the greatest Hibs player of my near 50 years watching the Hibs.

What a night, almost overwhelming.

From Mark Mcgraw, Jimmy O’Rourke, Sir Alex Ferguson, personal heroes, Archiegol and Mickey Edwards, thro to Jackie Mac, Kano, Mickey Weir, JC, Tony Higgins, Crops, Sloop, the list goes on and and on.

I love our football club.

Man of the match - King Patrick Gordon Stanton

Hibernian Forever!

Last edited:
Just back (well on the way home) from a magnifucent night at the Usher Hall to celebrate King Paddy's 75th Birthday.

Thanks to the wonderful St Patricks branch. I witnessed Hibernian heroes and fitba heroes wax lyrical about the greatest Hibs player of my near 50 years watching the Hibs.

What a night, almost overwhelming.

From Mark Mcgraw, Jimmy O’Rourke, Sir Alex Ferguson, personal heroes, Archiegol and Mickey Edwards, thro to Jackie Mac, Kano, Mickey Weir, JC, Tony Higgins, Crops, Sloop, the list goes on and and on.

I love our football club.

Man of the match - King Patrick Gordon Stanton

Hibernian Forever!
Was a great night

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
what good questions were asked?

What was your favourite bit?

Any weird anecdotes from former players you hadnae heard before?

Funniest bit?

Sounds like a great event!

Oooft, I dinnae take Notes, however although King Pat was guest of honour, Bobby Duncan was hilarious and stole the show, his tales of Hibs trips to North America had the place in hysterics, even Grant Stott was flapping.

My favourite bit was the audience bursting into the Paddy Stanton is the King song, I would love to hear that echo round the Holy Ground again, he really is the King. What is to stop us?

The banter between Strachan and Ferguson was good, I think they get on better than we may think?

Special for me was seeing Stevie Archigol and Mickey Edwards again, two of my own special Hibs heroes.

Sad to see both Crops and Jimmy O'Rourke looking a bit unwell, two brilliant Hibernian footballers, loved by Hibs fans. Sadder was the suggestion that Paddy is no longer involved with the club in any way, shameful if true, he is one of us, probably the very best of us as a person and a fitba player.

Mickey Weir and John Collins looked like they could start in the first eleven a Killie next Saturday!

I could go on and on, it was a fantastic night.

Last edited:
My youngest sons' middle name is Stanton.

Sounds like a cracking night. Strange he has no contact with Hibernian.

Last edited:
Sounds like a fantastic night. More of those legends should be part of the club. That's the problem right now, not enough REAL Hibs people within the club.

Sounds like a fantastic night. More of those legends should be part of the club. That's the problem right now, not enough REAL Hibs people within the club.

Some who left the club recently used the term Hibby Huns.

That's fucking terrifying. We've never been the best or most consistent of late, but always kept our identity. I know Lennon wasn't everyone's cuppa tea, but he changed the mentality at the club. I always thought we could win games against the uglys home or away I had that belief. That's been shot to shit as of late.

Anyway don't want to derail this thread. Good to see the turn out for Pat, really top Hibs man.

To describe who?

Sorry to miss the Stanton tribute last night, probably our finest son,
was temping in civil service late 90s and met the great Bobby Duncan who was doing a bit of porter work after retiring from fire service, great guy and full of superb anecdotes in the canteen

Find it unbelievable that Pat Stanton is not involved with the club in any capacity. A living Hibernian legend and one of our all time greatest players should be being utilised in some meaningful and productive way to benefit both him and the club he gave so much great service to.

Last edited:
Any current players or management team in attendance? Big Ron might have learned a thing or two.

Any current players or management team in attendance? Big Ron might have learned a thing or two.

None, no one from the club attended.

@Power can you check the club is aware the fans are aggrieved by this state of affairs?

@Power can you check the club is aware the fans are aggrieved by this state of affairs?

I should say possibly someone was there on a personal level but no one in an official capacity.

Hibs promoted it on Twitter, and had two follow-up tweets. Hecky and co would have been on a hiding to nothing if they'd been on stage. Especially with Simon Pia to the fore. As 1875 says, some may well have been in the audience.
Do we have to batter Hibs about everything at the moment?

Can you expand mate?

Sad to hear Pat isn't involved in any capacity. I just assumed he was still involved on matchday.

Hibs promoted it on Twitter, and had two follow-up tweets. Hecky and co would have been on a hiding to nothing if they'd been on stage. Especially with Simon Pia to the fore. As 1875 says, some may well have been in the audience.

Possibly a good thing that the Club wasn’t ‘officially’ present. I’d imagine Hecky wouldn’t have got the best reception from the fans, and it may have put a damper on things if he or (sack) the Board members took to the stage.

Mind you – had Lewis, Paul or Dazza been there – or Sir David……….. might have got a wee cheer.

I doubt if recent signings would have felt any desire to go, although perhaps one or two of the aforementioned may have been in the audience.
It’s a pity that Pat and the Club are ‘estranged’ if indeed that is the case. The man is an absolute legend.

Can you expand mate?

Only time I've seen/heard that expression is from Hibs fans who seem to think if you aren't aligned to the Smellies and embrace totally all things Irish/Catholic then you must be at the other extreme.

Strange people.

Only time I've seen/heard that expression is from Hibs fans who seem to think if you aren't aligned to the Smellies and embrace totally all things Irish/Catholic then you must be at the other extreme.

Strange people.

Oh the Hunbernian brigade....

Can you expand mate?

Sad to hear Pat isn't involved in any capacity. I just assumed he was still involved on matchday.

I would rather not, as whd says battering the club constantly does not good.

That is very poor and a poor reflection on the people that manage hibs piss poor

That is very poor and a poor reflection on the people that manage hibs piss poor
assuming they were invited.

assuming they were invited.

You could buy a ticket, it was all for charity, that is what everyone else had to do. :27:

You could buy a ticket, it was all for charity, that is what everyone else had to do. :27:
I'm sure Sir Alex bought his online.

I'm sure Sir Alex bought his online.

I expect he made a hefty donation or waived his fee?

Just simply the greatest player of the greatest club
And a true gentleman as well
My hero and always will be

unbelievable ?

John Hislop is a good Hibernian and St. Patrick's Branch member. The coverage of our Dan McMichael gravestone event was brilliant and joined us for a swally in the Hibs Club after the ceremony. Spendid journalist.

BIG G

Do you

unbelievable ?

Made your day I expect.

Strange people.

Have to agree. Miller delivered League cup but will always be tainted with the huns connection. What does it actually mean to be a bona fida Hibby? I always thought we were inclusive. Ok some people should be castigated, like Robertson. I would love to see everyone play the "Hibees" way, but right now I would just love to see us winning. Scott Allan hun turned good, Scotty Brown..hun, turned good then back to dark side...woulda loved to see him at Easter Road fort many more years..Gordon Smith..the Jambo turned Hibby...it takes all sorts

The club received an invite and didn’t respond.

No sure why a hibs Director liked the tweet .

Possibly a good thing that the Club wasn’t ‘officially’ present. I’d imagine Hecky wouldn’t have got the best reception from the fans, and it may have put a damper on things if he or (sack) the Board members took to the stage.

Mind you – had Lewis, Paul or Dazza been there – or Sir David……….. might have got a wee cheer.

I doubt if recent signings would have felt any desire to go, although perhaps one or two of the aforementioned may have been in the audience.
It’s a pity that Pat and the Club are ‘estranged’ if indeed that is the case. The man is an absolute legend.
Pat gets invited to the boardroom and been at recent games.

No one would have got stick if they had bothered to go. Happy to sit on an open top bus like they had actually one the Scottish cup.

They wouldn’t have been going on the stage .

Made your day I expect.
I get a sense you are bullying Joe. Or perhaps it’s banter or your sense of humour.

Odd behaviour

Correct no fee paid

Correct no fee paid
Did you organise the event? If so well done

I get a sense you are bullying Joe. Or perhaps it’s banter or your sense of humour.

Odd behaviour

We’re like yin and yang on here, and my behaviour is odd pretty much most of the time.

Disappointed that the Club didn’t respond, but by all accounts nobody missed them so it didn’t spoil the night.
Bit rude though.

I’m not going to blast the club for not attending, but it was such a missed opportunity. The whole first team including Heckinbottom should have gone just to get a real feel for the club. These English lads and new Swedish boy could have got a real feel for the club and mingled with ex players.

This thread has been viewed 4079 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back