• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Just Back......deary me

That’s a strange thing to say unless he’s accepting his culpability in recruitment.
He does take a bit of responsibility if you click on the link

He does take a bit of responsibility if you click on the link

I read it after posting (doh!) and edited above. I think he sounds like someone speaking in the spur of the moment who hates losing a derby, especially to a team that aren’t as good as ours.

I read it after posting (doh!) and edited above. I think he sounds like someone speaking in the spur of the moment who hates losing a derby, especially to a team that aren’t as good as ours.
We know what he is like. He spoke to the media and it's always a worse sign when he doesn't

Green machine "they deserved to win" because they scored.I will agree to disagree with you on this one.We at least deserved a point and were unlucky.
No worries Jimtom...I just always hold to the basic philosophy that the game is all about scoring more goals than the other team and if you do that then you deserve to win. I do accept what you say that we had the majority of the ball and were more attacking (which I would expect at home in any game let alone a derby) and we were very unlucky with Whittaker's shot which came off the inside of the post and rolled along the line, but we rarely at any time looked like scoring last night despite having all that possession of the ball and...as has been the case for much of this season so far...did not create a single clear cut opportunity for our strikers. Hopefully we can win the next derby...horrible to lose to Hearts at any time.

I think we are fundamentally a better footballing team than Hearts but we needed to be a bit more composed.
I remember a few years ago the Tatoo Man ( think his name is Stevenson ) had almost no idea where the goals were and lashed an unstoppable shot into the top corner on the turn . Brutal luck !

Aye , Ryan Stevenson - the Tattooed Freak.

I made that same connection.

Patience . Back in the top flight , Last season was fantabulous . Lost many key players in one area of pitch. We are Hibs it happens unfortunately.
Lennon will sort it.......given time top six for me. Maybe just.
It's a marathon not a sprint. Tin hat back on.

Aye , Ryan Stevenson - the Tattooed Freak.

I made that same connection.
Heard he gave a big framed picture of himself to his Granny a few xmases ago.

Bin Lennon now or wait till end of the season? Personally would be happy with a change I think. Terrible season so far.
I think he'll go at the end of the season. He'll give the familiar reviewing his stock speech. As it stands we don't look like we can surpass last season so he will say our ambitions don't match his and he's taken us as far as he can. I'm on the fence at the moment. It's not been entirely his fault but he does take some of the blame for where we find ourselves currently.

Our record v them this year has been very poor. In three of them we simply didn't turn up. Neil Lennon is on record from last season saying his time at Hibs won't be defined by his record against that lot. Maybe just as well.

Our record v them this year has been very poor. In three of them we simply didn't turn up. Neil Lennon is on record from last season saying his time at Hibs won't be defined by his record against that lot. Maybe just as well.

That is a major concern for me.

I'm just wondering when this luck is going to going to start evening its self out

The writing was on the wall when we lost virtually the whole of our midfield, I don’t think we can keep referring to the past though. There are decent individual players who could take a look at some of their colleagues and try to affect the game more than they are doing. Slivka is a mystery to me and I wish he would take more chances with his game and be more aggressive in his thinking, Mallon needs to be supplemented by a defensive midfielder and up top we desperately need another option in terms of physicality. Ollie Shaw needs to visit the gym and gain some upper body strength or else he will end up playing in the lower divisions.

don't blame you, my word is woeful, more losing to that lot rather than how bad we were. Just listening to Lenny's post match interview, I agree we weren't great, but unlucky to lose. We need do need more players. On the bright side. I got a selfie with Irvine Welsh and shook hands with Tony Higgins.
Had Irvine in ma Taxi last week and what a nice guy!!

Got to hope we can have a productive January as squad is not nearly good enough

Iv allways said that the team we are now watching was built one one man, and that man aint there now, Kamberi looks lost without Allan and McGinn

Lenny keeps saying we are playing well but for me i just dont see it

I'll keep my say simple, they were fairly average and we made them look better due to our inability to make any decisive, cutting passes. a whole load of useless possession which Hearts were more than happy to let us have. Midfield poor (has Whittaker ever won as many headers in a single game?) Olly and Flo just doesn't work in the current climate. Desperately need a tough target man with a bit of mobility and as we all know a playmaker. Would be happy with Scotty Allan but if you were he, would you be keen to come back the way it is?

Its a game of fine margins. There was nothing between the teams and if Whittakers shot had gone in when the ball actually rolled along the line then it would have been a draw and we all would have been quite content.

Its a game of fine margins. There was nothing between the teams and if Whittakers shot had gone in when the ball actually rolled along the line then it would have been a draw and we all would have been quite content.

Indeed.

A deserved draw at that.

Just to rub it in, MacLaren and Boyle were 2nd half subs against Oman with Milligan starting... I don't see why one of them couldn't have joined up later. Rogic didn't even play which has left Celtic fans pretty annoyed.

Just to rub it in, MacLaren and Boyle were 2nd half subs against Oman with Milligan starting... I don't see why one of them couldn't have joined up later. Rogic didn't even play which has left Celtic fans pretty annoyed.

Oh the power!

Oh the power!
Inside voice is saying hope Australia get horsed in this tournament...no offence, like. Outside voice is saying that's nice Martin and his pals are having fun in the sun.

Looks like a really poor decision not postponing the derby until Oz contingent return..

I'll keep my say simple, they were fairly average and we made them look better due to our inability to make any decisive, cutting passes. a whole load of useless possession which Hearts were more than happy to let us have. Midfield poor (has Whittaker ever won as many headers in a single game?) Olly and Flo just doesn't work in the current climate. Desperately need a tough target man with a bit of mobility and as we all know a playmaker. Would be happy with Scotty Allan but if you were he, would you be keen to come back the way it is?
Sarah and Annie say “ Hi “ - Provident , St Andrew’s Square :)

Looks like a really poor decision not postponing the derby until Oz contingent return..

Australia are 41 in the world rankings, Scotland are 38. Could you see a situation where we would play a game when 3 players were away on Scotland duty?

Australia are 41 in the world rankings, Scotland are 38. Could you see a situation where we would play a game when 3 players were away on Scotland duty?
Given the injury list and the option to postpone it now looks silly that we played. Can't imagine tv schedule bothering the club.

I'm pretty sure in similar circumstance Levein would have wanted a postponement. Trying to beat us is woven into the fabric of their club and he wouldn't have left anything to chance.

I'm pretty sure in similar circumstance Levein would have wanted a postponement. Trying to beat us is woven into the fabric of their club and he wouldn't have left anything to chance.

Aye guaranteed it would have been postponed if three jambos were away. A

Michael Stewart just hit the nail on the head by saying all our problems are in the middle of the park and the lack of supply to the strikers.
It was also pointed out that because we played a 352 we were constantly outnumbered in the middle of the park. Surely Lenny should have realized this and changed things.

Michael Stewart just hit the nail on the head by saying all our problems are in the middle of the park and the lack of supply to the strikers.
It was also pointed out that because we played a 352 we were constantly outnumbered in the middle of the park. Surely Lenny should have realized this and changed things.

He did change it, but then bizarrely changed it back after about 5 minutes. Still can’t get my head around him bringing on Hyndman to replace Horgan.

. Still can’t get my head around him bringing on Hyndman to replace Horgan.
That was Lenny having one of his Lenny moments when he subbed the most dangerous looking player we had on the park for an effete jersey filler who everyone knew would make no impact whatsoever.

What he failed to point out we had mackie spare , who could have tucked in.

Back three worked fine at lbrox, didn’t read or hear anyone questioning that

What he failed to point out we had mackie spare , who could have tucked in.

Back three worked fine at lbrox, didn’t read or hear anyone questioning that
We got away with it at Ibrox probably because we had Boyle driving down the right wing. Yesterday Hearts just crowded us out in the middle of the park.

Honestly what difference do you think those three players would have achieved, MacLaren has back issues, Boyle has been brutal of late and for me the jury is still out on Milligan.

Crazy Lennon took off Horgan who was biggest threat. Ambrose played well. Hearts bossed the midfield, such a contrast from recent years.

Hibs were in the Championship for 3 years and the financial hit from that will be felt for years. The losses won't disappear or be written off. The money spent on players also doesn't go as it used to do on fees. It goes in player's pockets. It goes in the inflated wages the modern day player pockets happily thanks to Bosman and the knock on effects of it. So we will always never know the full extent of investment in the squad.

And, whether folk realise this or not, the heftiest investment in the team is likely to be the costs incurred in employing a high ticket manager. And we don't have generous benefactors donating millions each year like the Gunts or Sheep - both of whom had 7 figure donations to their funds that were nothing to do with crowd numbers or player sales.

Replacing Super, Dylan and Scotty was going to be nigh on impossible. However, the choice of player to replace them has been odd to say the least.

I am not sure we've recreated the band of brothers feel in midfield that had been there for years with McGinn, McGeouch, Marv, Scott, Fyvie and the like. If ever there was a Spice Boy footballer (judging by their social media presence) it's Mallan.

Too much alcohol and Sauzee knows what else was consumed yesterday. Absolutely no doubt about that. Whether it contributed to bravado, stupidity, ignorance and frustration coming to the fore, all of those were abundant in spades anyway. However, in the cold light of day, we need to park all of that and hope for some injection of adrenalin and momentum post-split. There's a responsibility on the club, manager, players to make it so. The league is so open that a decent run of games by any team can be significant. First, back in the top 6 and then whatever happens from there.

Lennon is being paid handsomely to oversee this.
There are 3 teams above us in the league who operate on a fraction of our budget. We are where we are because our well paid ''high ticket manager'' is in reality just a very average manager on an over-inflated salary and we have a board who have been under-investing for as long as i can remember.

"Under investing"

Good one.

He did change it, but then bizarrely changed it back after about 5 minutes. Still can’t get my head around him bringing on Hyndman to replace Horgan.

I wonder if Horgan doesn’t follow instructions?

Having seen the Sportscene highlights, even more think a loss was harsh. We weren't great, but ultimately undone by a wonder strike, and a wonder save from a deputy goalkeeper(sound familiar?). I think there could have been penalty kicks for both sides. It still hurts like hell and now we have to sit through another break. Struggling to understand Michael Stewart's take on Lenny's tactics. Overrun in midfield with a 3-5-2, but redressed by changing to back four. Presumably the logic is in a 3-5-2 the wide players get pulled into the full back positions, leaving effectively 3 in midfield.

I’d also look at yesterday in the context of all the derbies since Levein took back over. I think there’s a pattern.

This thread has been viewed 13880 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50