Just back and we were very unlucky

Admin
Tonight we entered the stadium of the damned, many Hibs fans expecting a thumping, the gallant 900 there backing the team saw something very different, in a defensive masterclass from our 4/5 defenders and four midfielders, we were robbed of a point by what looked like a non foul leading to the Huns first goal and from my seat and the big screen at the hunnery, poor goalkeeping for their late winner. Lets be honest, the Huns are poor and we had them rattled. I am frustrated tonight not by the relatively normal shite one half good the other Hibs performance, I am frustrated because we played well and came away with nothing.

The Hibs support wound the Hun support up just before kick off, a large banner being unfurled, stating in big letters Fuck You Flo, You Rat Bastard! before being huckled away by the Hun Stewards and Hun Polis. Our songs really do annoy them, you can see their two brain cells pop when we taunt them, I am convinced they hate us at least as much as Celrc, I know I hate them.

We set up in what looked like a strange formation on paper, but in fact was a back four ably supported by the equally excellent Whittaker, Newell and Omeonga, Scottie working the magic, Doidge playing off scraps and Boyler trying (but failing) to play off the shoulder. I thought Hibernian were magnificent first half, there, I said it. To lose that goal on the half time was grossly unfair and I have not seen TV but the foul given to Morelos was never a foul in the lead up to their goal, certainly from my seat. We were under pressure a bit more second half and the midfield tired slightly, dare I say it Jack got his subs late and wrong, we needed more energy in midfield, for me we should have seen Hallberg on, with 15 to go?

Lastly, one up front doesn't work, we know that, Jack clearly disagrees, well we are not scoring or creating enough chances, so give it another think Jack pal.

The Team....

Rocky had some good stops but I am convinced he should have saved their winner. Tell me I am wrong please.

Paul McGinn was superb, especially first half. I really think John's big brother is a great signing.

Adam Jackson, well I doubted him after the Hamilton game, tonight, he too was superb, until going off hurt.

Paul Hanlon was magnificent. He scored too!

Lewis had Tavernier and the Haji in his back pocket first half, less so in the second. The Huns were booing Haji just before half time, the daft *&*^ gave him Man of the Match.

Omeonga, Whittaker and Newell - I am going for a group hug here, I thought all three were superb tonight, they played for each other, covered for one another, blocked, stopped and niggled until almost dead on their feet. All three were excellent, they needed reinforcements they didn't get.

Scottie was much more like the Scottie the Hibs fans love, he caused the intolerant filth no end of trouble, he struggled to find Doidge and Boyler, which was a pity.

Boyler didnae give us enough tonight, sorry. Not good enough.

Chris Doidge got in about them, and might have scored a late equaliser had he connected his header better. I reckon defenders know they have played against him, he hurts them with arms, shoves and going in strong. He is most certainly growing on me.

Subs

Daz in a straight swap for Jackson who took a knock, fair enough.

Horgan for Allan with 5 minutes of play and 5 minutes of stoppage time, baffling.

McNulty for Newell (which I never even seen happen) with two to go was pointless.

Management

Clever formation that nearly worked. I reckon the subs were late and wrong. I get Daz as a straight swap for the injured Jackson, but Horgan for Allan and McNulty for Newell with a few minutes to go were piss poor.

The Huns - I hate them. Have ever seen Gerrard win the league?

Just a word about the dirty hun bastard fans, 100's of them spent the whole game watching the Hibs support, shouting sectarian pish and telling us we are all junkies/ fenians/ taigs/ paeados, not a minute watching their rancid, trophyless 8 year old club. They are a boil on the arse of the Scottish nation, a big, reddy orange, festering, puss filled, fucking plook, one I would fucking love to burst.

The Referee, expected nothing, got nothing. He too is a big, reddy orange festering, puss filled, fucking plook.

The Hibs support, the brave 900 gave our club great support before during and after the game. We really do get to the Huns, we were inside their tiny minds. Great pre match banner.

Man of the Match, jings no easy but for good reason. How could I split Paul Hanlon, Steven Whittaker, Stephane Omeonga and Joe Newell, all were magnificent. Well I have to and with that in mind I am giving it to Joe Newell by a ba' hair from the other three.

There ye go, the Hibs get beat and I wax lyrical about us. Its simple, we want Hibernian to play fitba, to show passion, fight and desire and not to be scared of going for it. That was my kind of Hibs tonight, its a real shame we didnae get at least a point from the game.

Next up STD Glasgow at Alloa, a bit of a fairy story for them. I hope we put 10 past them. I also hope another Kamberi banner appears, live on the BBC!

See you for a pie on a roll and cup of lentil soup on Sunday!

Hibernian Forever!

Last edited:

HaarlemShuffler

Coffee Shop Radge
Bounce Radge
Nice report, that was indeed a great consolation that they gave a shít tonight, makes up for a lot :50::50:ggtth

barney

Atlanta Hibs Radge
Bounce Radge
Tonight we entered the stadium of the damned, many Hibs fans expecting a thumping, the gallant 900 there backing the team saw something very different, in a defensive masterclass from our 4/5 defenders and four midfielders, we were robbed of a point by what looked like a non foul leading to the Huns first goal and from my seat and the big screen at the hunnery, poor goalkeeping for their late winner. Lets be honest, the Huns are poor and we had them rattled. I am frustrated tonight not by the relatively normal shite one half good the other Hibs performance, I am frustrated because we played well and came away with nothing.

The Hibs support wound the Hun support up just before kick off, a large banner being unfurled, stating in big letters Fuck You Flo, You Rat Bastard! before being huckled away by the Hun Stewards and Hun Polis. Our songs really do annoy them, you can see their two brain cells pop when we taunt them, I am convinced they hate us at least as much as Celrc, I know I hate them.

We set up in what looked like a strange formation on paper, but in fact was a back four ably supported by the equally excellent Whittaker, Newell and Omeonga, Scottie working the magic, Doidge playing off scraps and Boyler trying (but failing) to play off the shoulder. I thought Hibernian were magnificent first half, there, I said it. To lose that goal on the half time was grossly unfair and I have not seen TV but the foul given to Morelos was never a foul in the lead up to their goal, certainly from my seat. We were under pressure a bit more second half and the midfield tired slightly, dare I say it Jack got his subs late and wrong, we needed more energy in midfield, for me we should have seen Hallberg on, with 15 to go?

Lastly, one up front doesn't work, we know that, Jack clearly disagrees, well we are not scoring or creating enough chances, so give it another think Jack pal.

The Team....

Rocky had some good stops but I am convinced he should have saved their winner. Tell me I am wrong please.

Paul McGinn was superb, especially first half. I really think John's big brother is a great signing.

Adam Jackson, well I doubted him after the Hamilton game, tonight, he too was superb, until going off hurt.

Paul Hanlon was magnificent. He scored too!

Lewis had Tavernier and the Haji in his back pocket first half, less so in the second. The Huns were booing Haji just before half time, the daft *&*^ gave him Man of the Match.

Omeonga, Whittaker and Newell - I am going for a group hug here, I thought all three were superb tonight, they played for each other, covered for one another, blocked, stopped and niggled until almost dead on their feet. All three were excellent, they needed reinforcements they didn't get.

Scottie was much more like the Scottie the Hibs fans love, he caused the intolerant filth no end of trouble, he struggled to find Doidge and Boyler, which was a pity.

Boyler didnae give us enough tonight, sorry. Not good enough.

Chris Doidge got in about them, and might have scored a late equaliser had he connected his header better. I reckon defenders know they have played against him, he hurts them with arms, shoves and going in strong. He is most certainly growing on me.

Subs

Daz in a straight swap for Jackson who took a knock, fair enough.

Horgan for Allan with 5 minutes of play and 5 minutes of stoppage time, baffling.

McNulty for Newell (which I never even seen happen) with two to go was pointless.

Management

Clever formation that nearly worked. I reckon the subs were late and wrong. I get Daz as a straight swap for the injured Jackson, but Horgan for Allan and McNulty for Newell with a few minutes to go were piss poor.

The Huns - I hate them. Have ever seen Gerrard win the league?

Just a word about the dirty hun bastard fans, 100's of them spent the whole game watching the Hibs support, shouting sectarian pish and telling us we are all junkies/ fenians/ taigs/ paeados, not a minute watching their rancid, trophyless 8 year old club. They are a boil on the arse of the Scottish nation, a big, reddy orange, festering, puss filled, fucking plook, one I would fucking love to burst.

The Referee, expected nothing, got nothing. He too is a big, reddy orange festering, puss filled, fucking plook.

The Hibs support, the brave 900 gave our club great support before during and after the game. We really do get to the Huns, we were inside their tiny minds. Great pre match banner.

Man of the Match, jings no easy but for good reason. How could I split Paul Hanlon, Steven Whittaker, Stephane Omeonga and Joe Newell, all were magnificent. Well I have to and with that in mind I am giving it to Joe Newell by a ba' hair from the other three.

There ye go, the Hibs get beat and I wax lyrical about us. Its simple, we want Hibernian to play fitba, to show passion, fight and desire and not to be scared of going for it. That was my kind of Hibs tonight, its a real shame we didnae get at least a point from the game.

Next up STD Glasgow at Alloa, a bit of a fairy story for them. I hope we put 10 past them. I also hope another Kamberi banner appears, live on the BBC!

See you for a pie on a roll and cup of lentil soup on Sunday!

Hibernian Forever!
Don’t normally comment on your excellent reports, and I understand your usual disclaimer about tv footage. However I watche d as I always do on yin Internet thingy and I thought Hibs were pretty poor tonight.
No real attempt to win the game.
I have been to ibrox on many occasions though and I know how being there in the thick of it can alter your perspective.
Poor fi Hibs and I don’t think Rocky had a chance with there second. Pinpoint first time strike into the only spot he couldn’t have saved it.

Admin
Don’t normally comment on your excellent reports, and I understand your usual disclaimer about tv footage. However I watche d as I always do on yin Internet thingy and I thought Hibs were pretty poor tonight.
I have been to ibrox on many occasions though and I know how being there in the thick of it can alter your perspective.
Poor fi Hibs and I don’t think Rocky had a chance with there second. Pinpoint first time strike into the only spot he couldn’t have saved it.
Funny just said somethng similar on the other thread of how you see game on the telly v how you see it live. Walking back to the car park with fellow Hibs fans we all felt the same.

Thanks for the point on Rocky, from the other end of the ground, he looked like might have saved it. What about the "foul" on Morelos for their equaliser?

SuperTortolano

Bounce Radge
Agree with all of that, McGinn was brilliant too. I think he'll be a good signing for us.

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
Bounce Radge
Good ovation for the players at the end. Heroic first half performance for 45 minutes anyway. Just didn’t do enough in attack in the 2nd half. Couple of breakaways were not taken advantage of.

Lots of positives from the game. We were always going to be under the cosh but we did better than I thought to handle their threat especially first half.

Missed opportunity though from 1 up just before half time. We should have created more second half and there’s plenty work to be done to improve results from a poor season so far.

God bless.

HenryLB

Donator
Bounce Radge
Good summary, thanks for taking the time.

We set up to try and not lose and maybe nick it with a breakaway goal. That didn't happen but given how we've been this season and particularly against them is that really the strangest thing to do?

It's easy to say we should have massively gone for it and thrown caution to the wind but personally I think what we did was an understandable tactical setup and nearly worked. They're man for man a bit better and you could see they hated playing like this and would have loved us to come on to them and then nipped in behind us. The players worked hard and it didn't quite come off. On we go.

Daddy 'O' Hibee

The Hibee Radge
Bounce Radge
Think you appreciate and respond better if players are giving you everything out on the park when your at the game. I thought big Jackson was very good ably supported by Paul. I thought it was a foul for Hibs leading up to their goal, who knows. Second half was backs to the wall stuff and we just couldn't see out the game. Well done to the travelling support and cheers for the match report. GGTTH

HenryLB

Donator
Bounce Radge
Agree with all of that, McGinn was brilliant too. I think he'll be a good signing for us.
Yep thought he was great in the first half and worked really hard. He faded a bit but that's understandable, and I agree I think he'll be good for us.

WJC1848

Bounce Radge
Thanks for the Just Back again,@1875. Well said. First half, looking very good and worthy of our lead until their ref conjured up a foul for them before half-time. You were pointing out irony earlier in the week, and the wonderful irony at half-time was that they booed off their own ref as he left the pitch. You couldnae make it up!! I just don't know why we retreat so much in the second half of games lately because they were there for the taking.
Several players as you rightly say had very good games tonight. Their 7 million pound player (worth more than the Hibs team, by the way) was getting naewhere against SJM's big brother, and so we might just have the makings of a good full-back here. I thought we deserved at least a point. Thanks again.

Wheat Hound

Radgie, Gadgie, Onion Badgie Radge
Bounce Radge
Just saw the tackle on Hibs TV that led to our free kick then goal. Thats a red in my view, certainly if Porteous' at ER was. And the perpetrator? Sevcos first goalscorer. And they've got the cheek to winge about Maddens performance ??

southfieldhibby

Bounce Radge
Thanks Mark, always appreciate the view from the terraces.

Has Hallberg done something to annoy Ross I wonder, or is he carrying a knock?

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Bounce Radge
We were lucky it was only 2-1. Gave nothing in the second half.

WJC1848

Bounce Radge
Just saw the tackle on Hibs TV that led to our free kick then goal. Thats a red in my view, certainly if Porteous' at ER was. And the perpetrator? Sevcos first goalscorer. And they've got the cheek to winge about Maddens performance
Very good point. Friend of mine at the end of the game said he thought their new guy was a very good player, but was a bit surprised when I retorted same "very good player" shouldn't have been on the park after such a tackle. Madden was determined to give them a free kick just before half-time. Different game if we go in one up at the break.

WJC1848

Bounce Radge
Probably his first half performance v Hamilton?
We were lucky it was only 2-1. Gave nothing in the second half.
Disagree. We weren't lucky. We DEFENDED well. I agree we didn't do much in the second half but we repelled everything they threw at us and perhaps it was a matter of time before they eventually scored but McGinn, Hanlon Jackson and, to a lesser extent, Stevenson all played well last night. At their first goal, it's Omeonga who fails to clear the ball, and from where I was, it definitely looked as if their second goal was offside. Huge improvement from the game at ER in December, but a defeat nevertheless.

Two Headed Boy

Bounce Radge
I didn't think we were that bad last night but it wasn't how I like to see Hibs play. Our packed defending and off the ball game management reminded me of Aberdeen more than Hibs. Still if it had got us something (which it very nearly did) I doubt I'd be complaining about it.

I guess the days of swashbuckling the Hun into submission are gone, was good fun while it lasted mind you.

Sir Shrink

Retired Radge
Bounce Radge
Battling display against a much improved Huns mob. They have now built a half decent side and are a level or five above where they started from only 8 years ago. If they keep improving at this rate it won’t be too long before they get a trophy for the empty cabinet.

I thought we played very well, and were extremely unfortunate to lose goals at the arse end of each half.

I can see why 1875 found it difficult to pick a MOM as so many put in a proper shift, particularly when not in possession. Maybe could have stolen another goal when Boyle broke but failed to find the Dodger but a share of the points wouldn’t have been unfair to either team.

Reckon we are on the right lines, and I think the late subs were a last gasp effort to grab a goal but it just didn’t work for us.

Greenmachine

Bounce Radge
Good to hear that we worked harder when not in possession of the ball...because that has been our biggest failing as a team this season. I expect us to be much improved in that area of the game next season. It certainly sounds like we were much better organised and up for it than we were last time against the huns back on 20 December at Easter Road, although it wouldn't have taken much to improve on that performance.
I am optimistic that we will (a) finish in the top 6 although it won't be easy, and (b) have a better team next season after Ross has had the chance to make more tangible changes in the summer.

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
£107.00
Earned
£81.28
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

The Bounce is 19 Years Old