• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Just back and we were out thought and well beaten

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
I am not going to come on here and berate Eddie & Grant, there is enough hysteria around our beloved club already. Aberdeen come to win 1-0, we scored early, so they played to win 2-1. They won 2-1. They time waste, go over too easy, con the ref, waste time again, moan, greet, cheat and just occasionally remember they have some very good players, an excellent travelling support and a very good manager. When they remember that they are awfy hard to beat. I felt the sheep were street wise, we gifted them their goals but we didn't counter them, we didn't change things, we lay down and lost in too many positions. You can see why they only get 10-12,000 home fans though, they are not easy on the eye, more English Championship than fast flowing fitba. I put it down to naivety of our stand in coaches, Hibs players playing whilst injured, not changing shape or players soon enough and others players being too soft.

The referee was easily conned, mugged in fact, right down to the 5 minutes of injury time second half after the goalie being down for five minutes and 4 subs and countless fawning of injuries. Shinnie ran riot first half, but was tamed second half. Mackay Steven can attack but cannae defend, we didnae test him until the second half. Czerny is a midget, we rarely tested him.

We are stuck in the middle of nae manager just now, its no great eh? We certainly didnae learn much from last week.

The Team

Rocky - Some good blocks, but at fault at both goals, not coming off his line and not holding the ball or knocking it out. Distribution is slow and not at all accurate, he does not boss his box. I prefer Bogdan, better all round keeper.

Sir David, Captain of Hibernian on the day he scored the winning goal in the Scottish Cup Final was more of a threat than many others and gave a captains performance for me. He was hurt quite early, they knew doing that would nullify our threat a little. He cares.

Daz was full of fire and passion but turns like the Queen Mary, and gives too many penalties away due to his lack of pace.

Milligan slotted in well to the middle of a three I thought? His passes find Hibs players, which is not something we can say about many others. Slow though.

Paul has lost a yard since his injury.

Lewis is Lewis, he gives his all. He dealt with Mackay Stevens pretty well and one cross in particular deserved a goal.

Bartley started the game heavily strapped up. Why? He was hopeless, left behind on a regular basis, hiding a limp when we had fresh new players on the bench, more of whom I will mention later. He should not have started, and certainly should not have lasted 55 minutes. Bad choice for me, which Aberdeen exploited.

Mallan offered nothing in his starting position (whatever that was). Improved when moved to tip of the diamond. Did we learn nothing from last week?

Slivka is a graceful thoroughbred, we needed a war horse. A wet blanket that should have been hooked at half time. He played 90 minutes.

Oli Shaw had a smashing first half, good goal, lots of effort and movement but lost his way second half. Pity, as his first half showed he has something.

I thought the 22 year old Flo never stopped trying today, much to the annoyance of various Hibs fans who turn up to moan at him, their hopeless lives and the fact they are not getting their hole at home or anywhere in fact. Aberdeen marked him tight all game but he battled hard and I saw signs of the real Flo coming through. Keep at it son.

Subs

Well we needed them sooner than happened, I would have changed the shape at half time. Aberdeen are no great shakes. Sit down everyone, this is something you might never see again, but I felt the Huns were a far better team when they came to Easter Road last month. Indeed, I would pay to watch the filthy Huns before I paid to watch Aberdeen (well I wouldnae as they would sniff out a fenian bastard like me in a minute but you get my drift). Put it down to Eddie and Grant being inexperienced.

Bigirimana replaced Marv after 55 minutes and stopped Shinnie in his tracks. I liked him, bit of dig, bit of fitba, can pass, wants to play.

McNulty for Oli after 65 minutes, no opinion to offer to be honest as it wisnae working.

Gauld for Mallan. Gauld should not be a sub when Mallan, Bartley and/ or Slivka all start. There, I said it.

Aberdeen

Not my cup of tea at all. Cauld tea and a four day auld buttery.

Referee

Let them away with murder, mugged by cheats that fall down for nothing and time waste.

Fans

It was freezing cold, but nothing a hot drink and warm clothes couldnae counter. The singing section gave up at 1-2, the rest of the ground didnae start. The mutton molesters enjoyed their day. 16,000 plus change with 14,000 season ticket holders and 2000 sheep shaggers tells you what the Hibs fans think of the recent shambles.

Man of the Match

Given to Lewis by the drunk sponsors I am guessing? Its no easy for me, but I think Mark Milligan came in and done well and gets it although I reckon had Bigirimana played for 90 minutes he might have earned it.

We are at Estadio Disco on Wednesday, at the mercy of a club who thought new lamps were a better investment than John McGinn and have allowed their partners in slime, the Huns catch them, yet they blame Hibs! I could fear for Hibs. As one of 800 Hibs fans who will spend most of the game peering round large pillars, I am looking forward to it, I like beating both sides of the arse cheeks.

Remember, Lennon, Dempster, Farmer and Petrie are temporary.

See you behind the goals.

Hibernian Forever.

Last edited:
May 2016 has blinded you to the reality of today's version of Gray, Stevenson and especially McGregor. I thought they were way off the pace and toiled up against better players.

May 2016 has blinded you to the reality of today's version of Gray, Stevenson and especially McGregor. I thought they were way off the pace and toiled up against better players.

Maybe your negativity about everything Hibs has blinded you to going to the fitba to try and enjoy yourself?

Maybe your negativity about everything Hibs has blinded you to going to the fitba to try and enjoy yourself?
I've been going to the fitba since 1976 and I know a player when his legs have gone and he needs replacing for the sake of the team.

Aberdeen looked stronger team than us and they have some good players , could have been quite a bad scoreline .
I thought the fans were abit sombre today got the impression alot of folk were fed up with what's happened.
Shaw looked good and kamberi had plenty effort , it shame for them when there basically getting no service .
I thought we looked weak today .

Thought we played some decent stuff 2nd half .

I am not going to come on here and berate Eddie & Grant, there is enough hysteria around our beloved club already. Aberdeen come to win 1-0, we scored early, so they played to win 2-1. They won 2-1. They time waste, go over too easy, con the ref, waste time again, moan, greet, cheat and just occasionally remember they have some very good players, an excellent travelling support and a very good manager. When they remember that they are awfy hard to beat. I felt the sheep were street wise, we gifted them their goals but we didn't counter them, we didn't change things, we lay down and lost in too many positions. You can see why they only get 10-12,000 home fans though, they are not easy on the ye, more English Championship than fast flowing fitba. I put it down to naivety of our stand in coaches, Hibs players playing whilst injured, not changing shape or players soon enough and others players being too soft.

The referee was easily conned, mugged in fact, right down to the 5 minutes of injury time second half after the goalie being down for five minutes and 4 subs and countless fawning of injuries. Shinnie ran riot first half, but was tamed second half. Mackay Steven can attack but cannae defend, we didnae test him until the second half. Czerny is a midget, we rarely tested him.

We are stuck in the middle of nae manager just now, its no great eh? We certainly didnae learn much from last week.

The Team

Rocky - Some good blocks, but at fault at both goals, not coming off his line and not holding the ball or knocking it out. Distribution is slow and not at all accurate, he does not boss his box. I prefer Bogdan, better all round keeper.

Sir David, Captain of Hibernian on the day he scored the winning goal in the Scottish Cup Final was more of a threat than many others and gave a captains performance for me. He was hurt quite early, they knew doing that would nullify our threat a little. He cares.

Daz was full of fire and passion but turns like the Queen Mary, and gives too many penalties away due to his lack of pace.

Milligan slotted in well to the middle of a three I thought? His passes find Hibs players, which is not something we can say about many others. Slow though.

Paul has lost a yard since his injury.

Lewis is Lewis, he gives his all. He dealt with Mackay Stevens pretty well and one cross in particular deserved a goal.

Bartley started the game heavily strapped up. Why? He was hopeless, left behind on a regular basis, hiding a limp when we had fresh new players on the bench, more of whom I will mention later. He should not have started, and certainly should not have lasted 55 minutes. Bad choice for me, which Aberdeen exploited.

Mallan offered nothing in his starting position (whatever that was). Improved when moved to tip of the diamond. Did we learn nothing from last week?

Slivka is a graceful thoroughbred, we needed a war horse. A wet blanket that should have been hooked at half time. He played 90 minutes.

Oli Shaw had a smashing first half, good goal, lots of effort and movement but lost his way second half. Pity, as his first half showed he has something.

I thought the 22 year old Flo never stopped trying today, much to the annoyance of various Hibs fans who turn up to moan at him, their hopeless lives and the fact they are not getting their hole at home or anywhere in fact. Aberdeen marked him tight all game but he battled hard and I saw signs of the real Flo coming through. Keep at it son.

Subs

Well we needed them sooner than happened, I would have changed the shape at half time. Aberdeen are no great shakes. Sit down everyone, this is something you might never see again, but I felt the Huns were a far better team when they came to Easter Road last month. Indeed, I would pay to watch the filthy Huns before I paid to watch Aberdeen (well I wouldnae as they would sniff out a fenian bastard like me in a minute but you get my drift). Put it down to Eddie and Grant being inexperienced.

Bigirimana replaced Marv after 55 minutes and stopped Shinnie in his tracks. I liked him, bit of dig, bit of fitba, can pass, wants to play.

McNulty for Oli after 65 minutes, no opinion to offer to be honest as it wisnae working.

Gauld for Mallan. Gauld should not be a sub when Mallan, Bartley and/ or Slivka all start. There, I said it.

Aberdeen

Not my cup of tea at all. Cauld tea and a four day auld buttery.

Referee

Let them away with murder, mugged by cheats that fall down for nothing and time waste.

Fans

It was freezing cold, but nothing a hot drink and warm clothes couldnae counter. The singing section gave up at 1-2, the rest of the ground didnae start. The mutton molesters enjoyed their day. 16,000 plus change with 14,000 season ticket holders and 2000 sheep shaggers tells you what the Hibs fans think of the recent shambles.

Man of the Match

Given to Lewis by the drunk sponsors I am guessing? Its no easy for me, but I think Mark Milligan came in and done well and gets it although I reckon had Bigirimana played for 90 minutes he might have earned it.

We are at Estadio Disco on Wednesday, at the mercy of a club who thought new lamps were a better investment than John McGinn and have allowed their partners in slime, the Huns catch them, yet they blame Hibs! I could fear for Hibs. As one of 800 Hibs fans who will spend most of the game peering round large pillars, I am looking forward to it, I like beating both sides of the arse cheeks.

Remember, Lennon, Dempster, Farmer and Petrie are temporary.

See you behind the goals.

Hibernian Forever.

Agree with most of that. Think the back three doesn’t work, Milligan would have been more effective at the base of the diamond, or as part of a back 4 rather than a 3. Bigirimana looks like a proper player to me.

Was 5 minutes late and saw Scott Allan walking into the West Stand, couldn’t help but think how much of a waste that is.

Was a bit better but Aberdeen just seen out the game , I don't like the fact they look a better outfit than us .

Was a bit better but Aberdeen just seen out the game , I don't like the fact they look a better outfit than us .

Me neither but its nothing new

Spot on Just Back Mark. We were timid despite some nice passages of play. Well beaten as you say.

Gray is clearly playing through injury, he was poor, Aberdeen targeted him first half.

I've been going to the fitba since 1976 and I know a player when his legs have gone and he needs replacing for the sake of the team.

Me too, home and away just like you.

There was plenty effort today, but we definitely looked like a ship without a rudder. I totally agree about Flo, he was trying so hard and if the referee had been more consistent he would’ve had a penalty and a few more free kicks in dangerous positions.
Gauld on the bench was bizarre to say the least, we need a manager in ASAP. Just get Stubbsy in for the rest of the season and take it from there,

Me too, and I try and take the positives out of it. I thought we were shite at Motherwell, we were beaten by a better team today, for various reasons.

Anyone see the rugby baw come flying into the lower FF

Cheers 1875, report much appreciated as always. Sportsound reckoned our defence was at fault for the 2nd, being too slow to react after 2 good Rocky saves!

I agree Bogdan is the better keeper from what I’ve seen, they both have their different strengths and weaknesses though.

Agree with most of that. Think the back three doesn’t work, Milligan would have been more effective at the base of the diamond, or as part of a back 4 rather than a 3. Bigirimana looks like a proper player to me.

Was 5 minutes late and saw Scott Allan walking into the West Stand, couldn’t help but think how much of a waste that is.

I agree, Milligan might have offered more than an injured Bartley.

Reactions: Zab
Very fair report. I thought we did try and at times played some good stuff, but yes we lacked tactical know how. Lest the subs weren't put on with 2 mins to go like Lennon would do too often. We still pussy foot too much with square balls at the back for my liking. I did feel Aberdeen were there for the taking, but unfortunately what shots we did manage were mostly off target. Need big improvement but if we get a good manager, there is definitely some promise in the team. Wasn't impressed by Aberdeens time wasting tactics at all.

We need wingers. If we'd played with quick players on the flanks we would have caused them some damage. And a playmaker too like Scotty Allan who was in the stand today.

Agree with everything in the Just Back, only thing I would add is Rocky makes mistakes but did keep the scoreline respectable with his penalty stop and another good save later on. I didn't notice Barts started injured - that would explain why he struggled throughout.

I'm noticing a few niggles on here between Bouncers. Yes we are going through a tough time, we will get out of it but keep the debate healthy.

Gray is clearly playing through injury, he was poor, Aberdeen targeted him first half.
I don't think Gray ever looks fully fit. Teams with pace on the flanks will target him the same way they do with Stevenson

I'm noticing a few niggles on here between Bouncers. Yes we are going through a tough time, we will get out of it but keep the debate healthy.
Like most internet forums some folk are incapable of accepting any other opinion other than their own. Others just follow the herd and agree with the opinion that is expressed the most. I give my opinion and fight my corner but i never tell other posters they are talking shite, they are a gunt or a fanny like some of the things I get called. At the end of the day, we all want the same thing. We all sat freezing our bollocks off today willing the team on to get an equalizer. Just because folk have different opinions on how the club is run etc it doesn't mean they are any less of a Hibby

Agree with 1875.but Milligan never an center half.Why 352 after last week.Quite sad when you look back to the league cup when Aberdeen done us that night they have went forward we have have went backwards.Hopefully someone can give us a boost.

I can’t say I’ve ever gone to a Hibs game to enjoy myself . I’m tense and nervous all the time . Once we’ve won I can relax and enjoy things .
I’ve got good friends that openly admit they go to games and have season tickets because they enjoy the social side of it . Just not me I guess :)

I don't think Gray ever looks fully fit. Teams with pace on the flanks will target him the same way they do with Stevenson
That was very evident today . Glad someone else noticed it .

Agree with most of that. Only difference is I thought Milligan was hopeless again.

Great to have Sir David and Lewis back as our full backs.

Agree with most of that. Only difference is I thought Milligan was hopeless again.

Struggling to agree with that - Maybe Gray ( just )

Hopefully we can get the loanees up to speed and get a boast as we are absolutely struggling at the moment.We also need to get a manager in as May and Murray aren't the answer.But who will take us on.Heard at Lennon is absolutely gutted at losing the gig

Cheers 1875, report much appreciated as always. Sportsound reckoned our defence was at fault for the 2nd, being too slow to react after 2 good Rocky saves!

I agree Bogdan is the better keeper from what I’ve seen, they both have their different strengths and weaknesses though.
Tell me one strength that today’s goalie has over Bogdan please ?

Tell me one strength that today’s goalie has over Bogdan please ?

I said I preferred Bogdan? However, I’d say Rocky is arguably a better shot stopper, better reflexes, and is capable of making eye catching saves. But is also prone to rushes of blood, cock-ups, and doesn’t do the basics too well all the time. But you guys see Hibs more in the flesh than me these days.

How many times do you leave Easter Road thinking Stevenson was taken to the cleaners by an oppositions winger? Over the space of 90 minutes he very rarely doesn’t come out of top in these battles. Stevenson is the least of our worries.

I thought we looked ok at points today, but why we went back to 352 is beyond me. Special mention to Oli Shaw, particularly as 1875 said in the first half, who scored a good goal and his link up play was very good.

Did you miss the 3 excellent long passes to Lewis from Milligan? A wee bit slow at times but he was my man of the match.

For me there were weaknesses all over the pitch,Marciano is a decent shot stopper but he can't distribute a ball worth a damn,Grey didn't look fit,Macgregor and Henlon were as slow as a wet weekend in Skegness,Milligan was inefectual,big Marv again unfit,Mallan hasn't really produced the goods since god knows when.,Slivka tried,Kamberi tried,Shaw was good for about 65 minutes,Stephenson tried his best, once more I think he has lost a bit of pace.,The subs improved things considerably with the Guy from Burundi the best,I'll call him Gael because already I've forgotten his sirname,Gauld should have been playing from the start.We weren't as good as Aberdeen who are average at best.I hope we get a manager soon and yes I would take back Stubbs for the interm at least.

Agree with most of the OP (and thanks Mark for continuing to take the time to do Just Back)...
Where I do disagree however is on the guys in defence that have served us well over the years.
Lewis: defo not MotM, had a couple of last gasp, goal saving blocks - but I'm pretty sure on each occasion the chances came about because he was the only defender playing the sheepies onside!
McGregor: REALLY poor. For a guy with his experience to be conned so many times by the 'streetwise' Don's was embarrassing.
Gray: the legend.... Sad to say, he was hopeless. Of course his attitude/application is not in question - but his all round game and his fitness IS. FFS he was blowing out his arse earlier than big Marv
Lastly and unfortunately leastly, Paul Hanlon: It pains be to say it but that was probably the worst I've ever seen him.

It's not all doom n gloom though. I do believe we have squad (not just first 11) that should be much higher up the League AND playing much better football.
Hopefully the new gaffer we get in can get our mojo back and we can kick on.
GGTTH

Reactions: Zab
We need wingers. If we'd played with quick players on the flanks we would have caused them some damage. And a playmaker too like Scotty Allan who was in the stand today.
We've got one called Gauld, who for some strange reason didn't start

Just watched the full replay on Hibs TV. The defense looked terrible, far too soft. I think next year we need to look to the future. Porteous and Mackie need to be starting every game, let them develop and make mistakes, rather than sign no marks or loan deals.

Midfield had no spark and no width, badly missing Boyle. Up front we did okay, glad young Oli got the nod, thought he was very good for the first half. I'd be playing him week in week out. Let him develop in a season that's more or less a write off.

We got what we deserved, thought Aberdeen were just better than us all over the pitch.

How many times do you leave Easter Road thinking Stevenson was taken to the cleaners by an oppositions winger? Over the space of 90 minutes he very rarely doesn’t come out of top in these battles. Stevenson is the least of our worries.

I thought we looked ok at points today, but why we went back to 352 is beyond me. Special mention to Oli Shaw, particularly as 1875 said in the first half, who scored a good goal and his link up play was very good.
Stevenson ended up with a yellow today because he got tied up in knots .
He’s been a great servant and was a great tackler , brave as a tiger , and always gave 100% but he needs to slide off into the background now .
Too one footed - Right in front of me he cut back on to his right foot - couldn’t use it so duffed an attempted outside of the left foot cross ten yards to them .

I think a mixture of age and old injuries have caught up with oor Daz, and for some unknown reason Hanlon is only slightly better than useless right now. But for most of this season the centre of defence has been Efe and young Ryan. I know Porto was kind of thrown in due to injuries to others but alongside Efe, they were our preferred paring. Add to that SDS hasn't really kicked a baw in anger most of the season. I can't say it's a big surprise our defence is a bit all over the shop just now.
Great just back btw

Anyone see the rugby baw come flying into the lower FF
I thought it was a lump of ice falling from the FF roof as I just saw something white disappear into the FF Lower.

I think a mixture of age and old injuries have caught up with oor Daz, and for some unknown reason Hanlon is only slightly better than useless right now. But for most of this season the centre of defence has been Efe and young Ryan. I know Porto was kind of thrown in due to injuries to others but alongside Efe, they were our preferred paring. Add to that SDS hasn't really kicked a baw in anger most of the season. I can't say it's a big surprise our defence is a bit all over the shop just now.
Great just back btw
I meant SDG, obviously

This thread has been viewed 7758 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back