Just back and we were out thought and well beaten (1 Viewer)

Smurf

Private Member
Registered
Reaction score
I have read the whole thread again, other than myself, did no one note that Sir Dave was injured early in the game, it happened right in front of me. Seems lots of people are saying he is unfit when he played the full game with an injury?
I did. I also left the game yesterday quite sad as I can't see the new guy opting to give Sir David or Darren McGregor new contracts? Both are slower than they were. This season we are really seeing our heroes from 2016 break up.

Reactions: 1875

WJC1848

Registered
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
I have read the whole thread again, other than myself, did no one note that Sir Dave was injured early in the game, it happened right in front of me. Seems lots of people are saying he is unfit when he played the full game with an injury?
Good point, indeed, which I also missed, adding greatly to the mostly unmerited criticism of the legend.
On the point of unmerited criticism, I was fully expecting to grovel, tail between legs, after Ollie scored that smashing goal, but as the game panned out, with McNulty coming on later, I stand by my earlier comment. Having seen what McNulty can contribute, I still believe we should have started with him and then brought Ollie on later. Hindsight being a marvellous tool? Well, perhaps.

jock3

Registered
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
I saw Davy Gray take a sore one early on. I thought he would go off but he seemed to recover. I didn't think he was that bad thereafter although he almost ended up playing right half. Daz was in right full back postion often and was exposed for pace. I don't think we have heard the end of Davy Gray's injury.

ThePosterFormerlyKnownAsChavez

Registered
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Milligan is a skilled footballer it's just whether he has the stamina at 33. The defenders were crawling all over Flo. It would be interesting to see what happens if he gave back as as good as he gets. Another footnote from yesterday, wee Mackay-Steven was playing left back for a lot of the second half. That shows how seriously Aberdeen took the match.
I think Milligan has another season in him .
Don’t know if you notice he talks to the other players all the time and he acts as a captain when nipping the ref’s ear .
Kamberi had a virtually impossible task - yes we need to give balls to feet and generally more movement all over the midfield and attack .
I was in the lower west about level with the 18 yard line and on the ocassions when we got into the last third at my side of the pitch we almost had nothing on because no one was making themselves available .
Having said that Aberdeen worked really hard .

Registered
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Happened right in front of me too :)

MSG_07

Registered
Reaction score
Milligan is a skilled footballer it's just whether he has the stamina at 33. The defenders were crawling all over Flo. It would be interesting to see what happens if he gave back as as good as he gets. Another footnote from yesterday, wee Mackay-Steven was playing left back for a lot of the second half. That shows how seriously Aberdeen took the match.
A common tactic when they take the lead at Easter Road is to sit in until fulltime. We had no speedy players to cause them problems.

Milligan was actually pretty good overall. Watched the game again on TV.

Reactions: WJC1848

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Reaction score
Several of our key senior players are either injured or are IMO being asked to play whilst carrying injuries through necessity. I thought David Gray recovered well from his first half knock and went on to have a reasonable game although he had his work cut out coping with the Aberdeen counter-attacking in numbers as did all of our defenders. McGregor and Hanlon are struggling to get back to full fitness after their long term injuries. Lewis Stevenson is only just back after being out for several weeks. Bartley has been toiling for months now after his injury. We have to somehow see out the season with what we have and I am fairly sure we are going to see Darnell Johnson play many games between now and the seasons end.
On a general point, no club of our size can cope with the sheer scale of the injuries we have had this season to key players and departures of personnel...and it's not just knocks it's been serious injuries. This month alone we have lost two of our best players Boyle and Porteous for the rest of the season and have now had our best player and manager leave the club. All of this has taken and will continue to take it's toll in terms of results and performances. We just have to now try to pick up as many points as we can muster and ensure we get to at least the quarter finals of the Scottish Cup.
RE Kamberi: He cannot play with his back to goal and hold the ball up....a blind man can see this. None of our strikers can, which is why I was calling for us to bring in a front man who can do this. I'm hoping the new boss quickly sees this situation and makes plans to get someone in during the summer window who can do this job in the team. I felt sympathy for Flo, Oli Shaw and Marc McNulty who once again had virtually no chances created for them throughout the match. They are strikers whose job it is to score goals, but they are only going to score goals if they have chances created for them and have decent service from midfield and good deliveries from set-pieces and the flanks. Exactly the opposite happened yesterday and has been the case for most of the season hence why we have toiled to win matches.

Last edited:
Reactions: GIBBY NEWTON

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Reaction score
A common tactic when they take the lead at Easter Road is to sit in until fulltime. We had no speedy players to cause them problems.

IMO he was our best player yesterday.

Administrator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Website
www.hibeesbounce.com
IMO he was our best player yesterday.
Mine too, that is why I gave him the MoM.

Which is my point about coming for 1-0 win then a 2-1 win, that is their game.

Last edited:

Hibsean

Private Member
Registered
Lewis Flag Donator
Reaction score
Thanks, M. Appreciated.

aggie

Justified Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Aberdeen basically define the word “professional” in a football context. If you were feeling generous, you’d say they were an effective side; but I’m not, so I’ll say they are a fucking disgrace of a football team, as cynical and functional as a team could ever be.

Unfortunately, we are in total disarray. There is just no wind in our sails at all. Unbelievable how much forward momentum has been squandered, most of which I lay at the previous manager’s door, for his complete inability to deal with the departure of SJM and co. That meant accepting that reality and looking forward, not railing against the facts by condemning those who had stayed and those who’d been brought in as inferior.

What we witnessed yesterday was a group of players with some good ability, but bereft of direction, confidence, belief, aggression, and heart. I also felt a sense of resignation and apathy in the crowd that’s been conspicuous by its absence in recent years.

It’s for this reason that I don’t believe the “caretaker to the end of the season” strategy is the right way to go. The justification offered for this strategy I believe is correct: ie that the league season is effectively over, and a cup run is likely to end at the first meeting with a quality side.

However, we have to hope that making up 5/6 points on St J is at least possible, which would give us some marquee fixtures to look forward to. We also have to believe that in one off cup ties, we have enough quality to upset the form book.

For that to happen, I think arresting the funk that has set in is crucial. We need a new man to come in and rejuvenate both the players and support by virtue of making a firm commitment to the club going forward. I believe that whoever that is will be afforded a lot of slack until the end of this season, and in many senses all they really need to do is assess the personnel and settle on a first eleven (injuries allowing), and start to demonstrate that someone in charge knows what they are doing, and understands the obvious strengths and weaknesses of the players at his disposal.

In short, we need a new identity as a team, and that must crucially stop harking back to the players that have now long since left the club. That needs someone coming in who sees Hibs as a great opportunity, and is excited by that; not someone who is used to bigger and better things, or is simply out of work. A Stubbs-style appointment, if you like (just not Stubbs).

I stand ready to dig in and back the team through a half-season of mixed results, but only if the club itself demonstrates a will to move on from the cup-winning, SJM cycle. That’s over. That will likely involve some hard decisions at the end of the season, and some of those greats still here will also have to go: Daz? Marvin? Even SDG, maybe, devastating as that would be?

But I am now of the opinion that the club is stuck in the wake of that glorious side, and we need to move forward. The record STs have weighed in until the end of the season anyway - if we just middle through, we will lose a rake of them. However, if we dust ourselves off, be optimistic and look forward, then I believe we can still excite enough people to maintain a good number of them.

Crossroads for Hibs. The time for self-pity is over. But I’ll back them if we can at least take a deep breath, square our shoulders, and come out swinging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Like most internet forums some folk are incapable of accepting any other opinion other than their own. Others just follow the herd and agree with the opinion that is expressed the most. I give my opinion and fight my corner but i never tell other posters they are talking shite, they are a gunt or a fanny like some of the things I get called. At the end of the day, we all want the same thing. We all sat freezing our bollocks off today willing the team on to get an equalizer. Just because folk have different opinions on how the club is run etc it doesn't mean they are any less of a Hibby
How about 'a roaster masquerading as a Hibs fan'?

I think you've put me in my place more than once, although your first sentence is possibly a masterclass in unintended irony.

Registered
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Aberdeen basically define the word “professional” in a football context. If you were feeling generous, you’d say they were an effective side; but I’m not, so I’ll say they are a fucking disgrace of a football team, as cynical and functional as a team could ever be.

Unfortunately, we are in total disarray. There is just no wind in our sails at all. Unbelievable how much forward momentum has been squandered, most of which I lay at the previous manager’s door, for his complete inability to deal with the departure of SJM and co. That meant accepting that reality and looking forward, not railing against the facts by condemning those who had stayed and those who’d been brought in as inferior.

What we witnessed yesterday was a group of players with some good ability, but bereft of direction, confidence, belief, aggression, and heart. I also felt a sense of resignation and apathy in the crowd that’s been conspicuous by its absence in recent years.

It’s for this reason that I don’t believe the “caretaker to the end of the season” strategy is the right way to go. The justification offered for this strategy I believe is correct: ie that the league season is effectively over, and a cup run is likely to end at the first meeting with a quality side.

However, we have to hope that making up 5/6 points on St J is at least possible, which would give us some marquee fixtures to look forward to. We also have to believe that in one off cup ties, we have enough quality to upset the form book.

For that to happen, I think arresting the funk that has set in is crucial. We need a new man to come in and rejuvenate both the players and support by virtue of making a firm commitment to the club going forward. I believe that whoever that is will be afforded a lot of slack until the end of this season, and in many senses all they really need to do is assess the personnel and settle on a first eleven (injuries allowing), and start to demonstrate that someone in charge knows what they are doing, and understands the obvious strengths and weaknesses of the players at his disposal.

In short, we need a new identity as a team, and that must crucially stop harking back to the players that have now long since left the club. That needs someone coming in who sees Hibs as a great opportunity, and is excited by that; not someone who is used to bigger and better things, or is simply out of work. A Stubbs-style appointment, if you like (just not Stubbs).

I stand ready to dig in and back the team through a half-season of mixed results, but only if the club itself demonstrates a will to move on from the cup-winning, SJM cycle. That’s over. That will likely involve some hard decisions at the end of the season, and some of those greats still here will also have to go: Daz? Marvin? Even SDG, maybe, devastating as that would be?

But I am now of the opinion that the club is stuck in the wake of that glorious side, and we need to move forward. The record STs have weighed in until the end of the season anyway - if we just middle through, we will lose a rake of them. However, if we dust ourselves off, be optimistic and look forward, then I believe we can still excite enough people to maintain a good number of them.

Crossroads for Hibs. The time for self-pity is over. But I’ll back them if we can at least take a deep breath, square our shoulders, and come out swinging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree with a lot of that but for whatever reason and by whatever means who won the game ?
And let’s not come out swinging ( haymakers rarely have any effect )
How about us trying to come out passing ?
To men in a Hibs’s top ?

C4MMY

Registered
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
Not once there did I say I never thought he played well. I said when we pump long balls Upto him and he has to try and play as a target man he’s shite at it. Much better giving him something to chase, cause let’s face it at times he can go down far too easily

Dundee v Hibs

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel