Just back and we were out thought and well beaten (1 Viewer)

westsidehibs

Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
I thought it was a lump of ice falling from the FF roof as I just saw something white disappear into the FF Lower.
Made a fair bang it bounced up and hit a young laddie in the face

WJC1848

Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Stevenson ended up with a yellow today because he got tied up in knots .
He’s been a great servant and was a great tackler , brave as a tiger , and always gave 100% but he needs to slide off into the background now .
Too one footed - Right in front of me he cut back on to his right foot - couldn’t use it so duffed an attempted outside of the left foot cross ten yards to them .
Well, I say to you as I repeatedly say to others: if there is a better left-back to be had then let's get him in the team. You obviously saw a different game to the one I was at. I saw Mackay-Steven beat Lewis once today, with an admittedly marvellous piece of skill late on in the game and Lewis did what I would want him to do - bring the guy down, stop him in his tracks and take the resultant booking. "Slide off into the background?" Aw, come on!

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
I thought it was a very comfortable 2-1 win for Aberdeen who were superior to Hibs all over the park IMO. We were fortunate not to be on the wrong end of a real doing to be honest. They missed several great chances in the second half including a penalty and had one cleared off the line in the first half. We had Rocky to thank for keeping the score down in the second half as well. We certainly didn't help ourselves with some shoddy defending particularly with both Aberdeen goals. They just looked stronger, fitter, more creative going forward, more street-wise and better organised defensively.
In contrast Hibs looked a weak, rudderless outfit severely weakened not just through loss of very good players, but having also to play several players who are clearly carrying injuries and therefore are not able to play to their maximum. It shows against the better teams. On a depressing afternoon the only positive spots I could take from the match were Oli Shaw's performance and goal (he looks a more confident player now than the inhibited laddie we have seen for most of this season), Milligan's passing from central defence which was fabulous at times, and I thought Bigaramana looked a decent addition from what we saw of him. I felt sorry for Kamberi, Shaw and McNulty as for the umpteenth time this season our strikers were completely starved of any decent service, in fact I am struggling to think of one clear chance we created in the whole game. Our deliveries into the box were also once again poor, and we lacked pace as well. We hardly ever got our players into their box in sufficient numbers when attacking whereas it was noticeable how many Aberdeen players got into our box whenever they came forward particularly in the first half.
It is going to be a massive struggle for Hibs to make top 6 this season. The sooner we appoint either a new manager or a caretaker boss the better although the best they will be able to achieve this season is damage limitation and pride...and if we get past Raith Rovers and maybe get a kind draw in the quarter finals perhaps a decent cup run. The damage has already been done this season i'm afraid.

Last edited:

WJC1848

Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
I thank you again for an honest assessment. I would not dare to state I feel your pain but I sense your frustration, especially after last week's encouragement, as you stated. I also commend you for your repostes to your analysis. As ever, please keep up your excellent work; greatly appreciated.

ThePosterFormerlyKnownAsChavez

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Well, I say to you as I repeatedly say to others: if there is a better left-back to be had then let's get him in the team. You obviously saw a different game to the one I was at. I saw Mackay-Steven beat Lewis once today, with an admittedly marvellous piece of skill late on in the game and Lewis did what I would want him to do - bring the guy down, stop him in his tracks and take the resultant booking. "Slide off into the background?" Aw, come on!
Let’s start with Mackie ..fast , strong and has a wicked left foot cross and isn’t too short .

WJC1848

Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Let’s start with Mackie ..fast , strong and has a wicked left foot cross and isn’t too short .
And to that I say Mackie will be a good player quite soon but he needs to work more on the defending part of his game. I agree with you in that he is a good prospect. I had the same argument with my mates about the laddie Crane, also good going forward but a poor defender, as was seen during the cup-tie up at Turriff. I do not dismiss your putting forward Mackie, but as a better all-round fullback, I think Lewis is still better for the team.

SuperTortolano

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
And to that I say Mackie will be a good player quite soon but he needs to work more on the defending part of his game. I agree with you in that he is a good prospect. I had the same argument with my mates about the laddie Crane, also good going forward but a poor defender, as was seen during the cup-tie up at Turriff. I do not dismiss your putting forward Mackie, but as a better all-round fullback, I think Lewis is still better for the team.
I'd rather we start with young Mackie, Shaw and even Fraser Murray. The seasons gone as far as I'm concerned. They'll be much better for it next season. Remember the season Hearts were docked points and relegated. They did this and it worked to a certain extent.

mod

Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Lewis ,Hanlon,McGregor,Gray and Bartley are all living on past success.Mallon,Slivka are not good enough.This was Lennons team by the way.Feckin shit

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Crane is not on the same planet as Mackie ..
Lewis is washed up ..
We all need to accept it .
So is Hanlon ..
So is McGregor
And Marciano was never good enough in the first place .
Gray is also on the verge of being washed up in my opinion .
We need to be brutal - Forget emotional connections with our old favourite players and progress .

WJC1848

Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Crane is not on the same planet as Mackie ..
Lewis is washed up ..
We all need to accept it .
So is Hanlon ..
So is McGregor
And Marciano was never good enough in the first place .
Gray is also on the verge of being washed up in my opinion .
We need to be brutal - Forget emotional connections with our old favourite players and progress .
Are you seriously stating Lewis, who was marvellous against Celtic just 8 games ago, and more importantly against Forrest, who has seldom got the better of him, is "washed up"? Lewis is "just back" from injury, a rare occurrence in itself. I can understand your frustration after today's game, but please, let's keep our perspective here. We are playing poorly at the moment but things are retrievable, especially with what looks like a couple of decent signings. I grant Hanlon and McGregor are both going through a very rough patch but they are good players. I truly believe that we are suffering from Efe's absence in the heart of the defence. I also agree that SDG is far from the player he was but he never looks as fit as he should be, but I cannot agree that these players are finished. Marciano: I refer to last week's marvellous saves which you deemed routine.

Reactions: moathibby

NGP

A message to you, radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
The sheep were the better team today, no doubt, frustrating that we gifted them their two goals. They missed a string of chances in the 2nd half to wrap up the game.
Our defence was poor, much of their attack came down our right hand side past Slivka and SDG,
Hanlon is a shadow if the player he was last season, Daz looks slow, Barts should never have started. Gauld in the bench - why?
Just hope the new signings can make an impact.

I have no idea who our starting eleven should be
I no idea what formation we should play
I have no idea who our next manager should be
I have no idea what happened with Leanne / Lennon
I have no idea who to show my anger towards for the mess we are in
I do know that I support Hibs.

Reactions: WJC1848

C4MMY

Bounce Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
Aberdeen come to win 1-0, we scored early, so they played to win 2-1. They won 2-1. They time waste, go over too easy, con the ref, waste time again, moan, greet, cheat and just occasionally remember they have some very good players, an excellent travelling support and a very good manager. When they remember that they are awfy hard to beat. I felt the sheep were street wise, we gifted them their goals but we didn't counter them, we didn't change things, we lay down and lost in too many positions.
Think the above sums today up perfectly. Although though Milligan should’ve just left the ball to run through to Rocky for the 1st then it’s no goal (or might have been the 2nd can’t quite remember). Wee bigi in midfield looks a much better option than Bartley...looks to be a great motherwell reject. Thought Mcnulty done well when he came on chased, hurried them but we were chasing the game too much for any composure. Gauld should’ve started over Slivka. Can’t understand why we continually pump high balls into flo, he’s no good at holding the ball up. What a difference there was when we knocked the ball over the head/into space and he is charging at defenders instead of away from them. He’s not a target man.

Reactions: numptyploom

lespenny

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Think the above sums today up perfectly. Although though Milligan should’ve just left the ball to run through to Rocky for the 1st then it’s no goal (or might have been the 2nd can’t quite remember). Wee bigi in midfield looks a much better option than Bartley...looks to be a great motherwell reject. Thought Mcnulty done well when he came on chased, hurried them but we were chasing the game too much for any composure. Gauld should’ve started over Slivka. Can’t understand why we continually pump high balls into flo, he’s no good at holding the ball up. What a difference there was when we knocked the ball over the head/into space and he is charging at defenders instead of away from them. He’s not a target man.

Thought he did well today, worked his socks off and looked for the ball all game. Did you not see that he was consistently fouled from behind and got nowt from the ref?

Reactions: hibbybilly

Jack

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
Did you miss the 3 excellent long passes to Lewis from Milligan? A wee bit slow at times but he was my man of the match.
I'm going to agree with you.

I thought Spike had a pretty good game, assured and confident in what he was doing. A bit like he was for a few games when he first arrived and we all thought we'd found a gem!

I wonder if he's another that's got his mojo back with Neil Lennon leaving?

Flo was in a battling mood again and that was good to see. Only once I'd he throw his arms in the air looking for a foul that I didn't think was a foul. The other 200 times he was fouled and the whistle didn't go was up to the fecking referee being useless.

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
I'm going to agree with you.

I thought Spike had a pretty good game, assured and confident in what he was doing. A bit like he was for a few games when he first arrived and we all thought we'd found a gem!

I wonder if he's another that's got his mojo back with Neil Lennon leaving?

Flo was in a battling mood again and that was good to see. Only once I'd he throw his arms in the air looking for a foul that I didn't think was a foul. The other 200 times he was fouled and the whistle didn't go was up to the fecking referee being useless.
Yes I thought the same I couldn’t work out what had gone wrong with Milligan . I thought he was a real “find” then had a few poor games but yesterday I thought he played well . He’s an intelligent player .
Kamberi had a hard time .Most times he got the ball he had two or three Aberdeen players on him in a flash .

Reactions: WJC1848

jock3

Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Milligan is a skilled footballer it's just whether he has the stamina at 33. The defenders were crawling all over Flo. It would be interesting to see what happens if he gave back as as good as he gets. Another footnote from yesterday, wee Mackay-Steven was playing left back for a lot of the second half. That shows how seriously Aberdeen took the match.

Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Website
www.hibeesbounce.com
I have read the whole thread again, other than myself, did no one note that Sir Dave was injured early in the game, it happened right in front of me. Seems lots of people are saying he is unfit when he played the full game with an injury?

Reactions: westsidehibs

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
I have read the whole thread again, other than myself, did no one note that Sir Dave was injured early in the game, it happened right in front of me. Seems lots of people are saying he is unfit when he played the full game with an injury?
A sub was being prepared during the time he was getting treatment , I thought he was going off

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel