Just back and we were out thought and well beaten (1 Viewer)

Electric Beach Joe

Bounced Out!
Reaction score
I'm noticing a few niggles on here between Bouncers. Yes we are going through a tough time, we will get out of it but keep the debate healthy.
Like most internet forums some folk are incapable of accepting any other opinion other than their own. Others just follow the herd and agree with the opinion that is expressed the most. I give my opinion and fight my corner but i never tell other posters they are talking shite, they are a gunt or a fanny like some of the things I get called. At the end of the day, we all want the same thing. We all sat freezing our bollocks off today willing the team on to get an equalizer. Just because folk have different opinions on how the club is run etc it doesn't mean they are any less of a Hibby

kingston

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Agree with 1875.but Milligan never an center half.Why 352 after last week.Quite sad when you look back to the league cup when Aberdeen done us that night they have went forward we have have went backwards.Hopefully someone can give us a boost.

ThePosterFormerlyKnownAsChavez

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Maybe your negativity about everything Hibs has blinded you to going to the fitba to try and enjoy yourself?
I can’t say I’ve ever gone to a Hibs game to enjoy myself . I’m tense and nervous all the time . Once we’ve won I can relax and enjoy things .
I’ve got good friends that openly admit they go to games and have season tickets because they enjoy the social side of it . Just not me I guess :)

kingston

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Hopefully we can get the loanees up to speed and get a boast as we are absolutely struggling at the moment.We also need to get a manager in as May and Murray aren't the answer.But who will take us on.Heard at Lennon is absolutely gutted at losing the gig

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Cheers 1875, report much appreciated as always. Sportsound reckoned our defence was at fault for the 2nd, being too slow to react after 2 good Rocky saves!

I agree Bogdan is the better keeper from what I’ve seen, they both have their different strengths and weaknesses though.
Tell me one strength that today’s goalie has over Bogdan please ?

Hibee Kev

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Tell me one strength that today’s goalie has over Bogdan please ?
I said I preferred Bogdan? However, I’d say Rocky is arguably a better shot stopper, better reflexes, and is capable of making eye catching saves. But is also prone to rushes of blood, cock-ups, and doesn’t do the basics too well all the time. But you guys see Hibs more in the flesh than me these days.

madhibee

Bounce Radge
Reaction score
I don't think Gray ever looks fully fit. Teams with pace on the flanks will target him the same way they do with Stevenson
How many times do you leave Easter Road thinking Stevenson was taken to the cleaners by an oppositions winger? Over the space of 90 minutes he very rarely doesn’t come out of top in these battles. Stevenson is the least of our worries.

I thought we looked ok at points today, but why we went back to 352 is beyond me. Special mention to Oli Shaw, particularly as 1875 said in the first half, who scored a good goal and his link up play was very good.

Smurf

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Agree with most of that. Only difference is I thought Milligan was hopeless again.

Great to have Sir David and Lewis back as our full backs.
Did you miss the 3 excellent long passes to Lewis from Milligan? A wee bit slow at times but he was my man of the match.

moathibby

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
For me there were weaknesses all over the pitch,Marciano is a decent shot stopper but he can't distribute a ball worth a damn,Grey didn't look fit,Macgregor and Henlon were as slow as a wet weekend in Skegness,Milligan was inefectual,big Marv again unfit,Mallan hasn't really produced the goods since god knows when.,Slivka tried,Kamberi tried,Shaw was good for about 65 minutes,Stephenson tried his best, once more I think he has lost a bit of pace.,The subs improved things considerably with the Guy from Burundi the best,I'll call him Gael because already I've forgotten his sirname,Gauld should have been playing from the start.We weren't as good as Aberdeen who are average at best.I hope we get a manager soon and yes I would take back Stubbs for the interm at least.

brianmc

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Agree with most of the OP (and thanks Mark for continuing to take the time to do Just Back)...
Where I do disagree however is on the guys in defence that have served us well over the years.
Lewis: defo not MotM, had a couple of last gasp, goal saving blocks - but I'm pretty sure on each occasion the chances came about because he was the only defender playing the sheepies onside!
McGregor: REALLY poor. For a guy with his experience to be conned so many times by the 'streetwise' Don's was embarrassing.
Gray: the legend...... Sad to say, he was hopeless. Of course his attitude/application is not in question - but his all round game and his fitness IS. FFS he was blowing out his arse earlier than big Marv
Lastly and unfortunately leastly, Paul Hanlon: It pains be to say it but that was probably the worst I've ever seen him.

It's not all doom n gloom though. I do believe we have squad (not just first 11) that should be much higher up the League AND playing much better football.
Hopefully the new gaffer we get in can get our mojo back and we can kick on.
GGTTH

Reactions: HibeeZab

sockyboy

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
We need wingers. If we'd played with quick players on the flanks we would have caused them some damage. And a playmaker too like Scotty Allan who was in the stand today.
We've got one called Gauld, who for some strange reason didn't start

SuperTortolano

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Just watched the full replay on Hibs TV. The defense looked terrible, far too soft. I think next year we need to look to the future. Porteous and Mackie need to be starting every game, let them develop and make mistakes, rather than sign no marks or loan deals.

Midfield had no spark and no width, badly missing Boyle. Up front we did okay, glad young Oli got the nod, thought he was very good for the first half. I'd be playing him week in week out. Let him develop in a season that's more or less a write off.

We got what we deserved, thought Aberdeen were just better than us all over the pitch.

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
How many times do you leave Easter Road thinking Stevenson was taken to the cleaners by an oppositions winger? Over the space of 90 minutes he very rarely doesn’t come out of top in these battles. Stevenson is the least of our worries.

I thought we looked ok at points today, but why we went back to 352 is beyond me. Special mention to Oli Shaw, particularly as 1875 said in the first half, who scored a good goal and his link up play was very good.
Stevenson ended up with a yellow today because he got tied up in knots .
He’s been a great servant and was a great tackler , brave as a tiger , and always gave 100% but he needs to slide off into the background now .
Too one footed - Right in front of me he cut back on to his right foot - couldn’t use it so duffed an attempted outside of the left foot cross ten yards to them .

sockyboy

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
I think a mixture of age and old injuries have caught up with oor Daz, and for some unknown reason Hanlon is only slightly better than useless right now. But for most of this season the centre of defence has been Efe and young Ryan. I know Porto was kind of thrown in due to injuries to others but alongside Efe, they were our preferred paring. Add to that SDS hasn't really kicked a baw in anger most of the season. I can't say it's a big surprise our defence is a bit all over the shop just now.
Great just back btw

sockyboy

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
I think a mixture of age and old injuries have caught up with oor Daz, and for some unknown reason Hanlon is only slightly better than useless right now. But for most of this season the centre of defence has been Efe and young Ryan. I know Porto was kind of thrown in due to injuries to others but alongside Efe, they were our preferred paring. Add to that SDS hasn't really kicked a baw in anger most of the season. I can't say it's a big surprise our defence is a bit all over the shop just now.
Great just back btw
I meant SDG, obviously

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel