Just back and we were flaccid..... (1 Viewer)

Hibsean

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Reaction score
Excellent write up again, M. Cheers.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

HenryLB

Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Before Heck arrived we were arguably teetering on the edge of disaster. He galvanised the team, we went on a long unbeaten run, and have finished in a better position than even the most optimistic amongst us thought possible. Crappy result, but he says we were rubbish and that he had to speak to the players about application, which seems to me the right thing to have done - at any rate I can't see what else he could do, short of coming on himself. And you're already writing him off? Seems a bit harsh.

Reactions: WJC1848
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

WJC1848

Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Before Heck arrived we were arguably teetering on the edge of disaster. He galvanised the team, we went on a long unbeaten run, and have finished in a better position than even the most optimistic amongst us thought possible. Crappy result, but he says we were rubbish and that he had to speak to the players about application, which seems to me the right thing to have done - at any rate I can't see what else he could do, short of coming on himself. And you're already writing him off? Seems a bit harsh.
Fair enough comment, but we
Fair enough comment, but we were disappointing, to the extent we had very few shots at goal, we indulged in our newly-acquired habit, an irritating habit, of passing backwards and sideways, rather than looking for the SJM -exploitative pass that gets us up out of our seats. Aye, I know, Super John's long gone and Scott Allan has yet to appear, but we should look to the Omeongas and Mallans of our team to make these telling passes.
One thing, though. If PHB had to speak to the players about application then that didn't apply to our captain, who was storming in to tackles as is his wont. I know full well how limited our back four is when it comes to the finer points of fitbaw, but I'll take them any day - until someone better comes along, and that hasn't happened for quite a while. There was one terrific challenge by Daz in the first half, who got back very quickly to clear the ball away from (I think) Brophy's feet, and knocked the ball over the bar. No bad for a guy who does not like playing on that excuse of a pitch, and who is regarded by many as finished.
Aye, we could have been much better yesterday, but I go back to your point about where we were and where we finished. I think PHB is learning a lot from our last two games, and seeing who is and isn't working for the team - and the fans.
On to the Dons, with the usual hope of a better display against a team who shuts up shop at the earliest opportunity.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Smurf

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
I am sure the "challenging conversations" were about attitudes in training. There was an interview earlier in the week where he said he sat them down and said he appreciated that they were an honest bunch but they were going through the motions in training since the derby. Not doing anything unprofessional but not with the same intensity as the run.

Definitely been the case on the park since the derby...
Where's that interview J?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SuperTortolano

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
It's the same squad that Lennon was struggling with. Let Paul get his own team and brand and then let's judge. One thing that perplexed me was the long contracts handed out to Gray and McGregor, both have maybe one good season each left. I do understand that part of the contracts are coaching etc, rather the budget was used for players looking forward, rather than backwards.

Reactions: HenryLB
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
It's the same squad that Lennon was struggling with. Let Paul get his own team and brand and then let's judge. One thing that perplexed me was the long contracts handed out to Gray and McGregor, both have maybe one good season each left. I do understand that part of the contracts are coaching etc, rather the budget was used for players looking forward, rather than backwards.
I was absolutely delighted at these guys getting tied to Hibs.

It's not just about playing, or coaching.
It's about being Hibs.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

sockyboy

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Bit harsh on SDG, he's only 31. I reckon he's got 2-3 decent seasons left in him.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SKII

Administrator
Radge Donator
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Where's that interview J?
I heard it on the radio in the car during the week? Can't mind if it was Forth or Scotland. Pre match chat.

Reactions: Smurf
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score