• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Just back and we were flaccid.....

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
Well the Hibs players put down their Spades, Pails and Suncream for a couple of hours for a runabout a pitch in Kilmarnock. Meantime 1510 Hibernian fans who have worked, attended Uni, College or School, delivered papers, done double shifts, sacrificed a few pints, put a few pounds away from their pensions or suchlike in order to travel the sixty miles or more to Killie, pay the £22 to get in, invest in various pastries, soups and traybakes in support of their club. One lot show how much Hibernian mean to them, the other lot, well, no fucking good enough.

I caught the tail end of Heck's surreal radio interview. Ok we were robbed, it was never a penalty indeed the Killie player cheated the incompetent ref to earn the penalty, however we didnae have a shot at goals until over an hour into the game. As for his comment about Fraser Murray and Heck being delighted Fraser started and saw out the 90 minutes, do you think we are idiots Heck, you picked him, you chose to give him 90 minutes. 90 minutes where he and most of his team mates gave very little. Weird chat Heck, dinnae think you can bull shit us mate.

Now the nuclear pies....the Killie Pie is not quite what it once was, no quite as meaty, the gravy isnae as nice, the pie is a bit soggier but pie Sauzee, the roof of my mouth is still scalded, I didnae ken whether to gamble a bite or borrow one of the Hibs players factor 50 and get myself a tan oaf the tin wrapper. Scorchio! Washed doon with a Tomato Soup with wee bits of veg floating in it, it was almost tasty.

Now the fitba itself. First half I felt Killie bettered us, but just, we had a strong 20 minutes after a wobbly first ten but faded badly second half. It was never a corner for the corner that got the penalty, it was never a penalty as I mention, Sir David didnt touch the cheat, the referee has this job because his Dad was a ref and supervisor, he is not fit for purpose, fucking hopeless decision. Second half we never got going, the three subs on the hour perked us up a little but taking off Flo and McNulty and Omeonga especially, all at once was poor, especially to be replaced for the lightweight, crisp bag in the breeze Ollie Shaw. Fuck only knows what Heck was thinking? The last two weeks have shown me that Heck is conservative ( I hope in fitba no politics), he disnae like change and is content with us stroking it about between Rocky, Hanlon, McGregor and Milligan, going nowhere slowly and hoping the wingers or midfield get something to the strikers and the punts from Rocky, Daz and Paul were hapless, but at least they go forward, Mark Milligan is boring, he passes it back, he passes it back, he passes it back. Mallan and Omeonga did try, I felt for Mallan in particular. Fraser Murray had some good touches but is another crisp bag. Flo and McNulty were shite, sorry. The spark we had came from Thomas Agyepong, he takes a man on, he is not scared, he has a good shot on him, three in fact, one hit Murray, one hit Shaw, one their goalie tipped over.

Tactics were wrong, it was a pre holiday effort which is fine, pay for our tickets Hibs if you are only going for a kick about. Flacid fitba with hoofs upfield, it was like watching the arseholes from Gorgie, that makes me spew up.

The Team

Rocky had a wonder save and might have saved the penalty, if his distribution was better he would be by far the best keeper in Scotland. It hasn't and as such he is not. Great save though Ofir!

Sir David Gray, my hero, the captain and scorer of the winning goal on the 21st of May 2016, the day Hibernian won the cup had a torrid time until Murray moved into the middle then Horgan played in front of him. Not at fault for the penalty and how in Sauzee's name he was booked for it is beyond me. Clearly disnae ken the handshake. This Hunnish country is rancid.

Daz was poor, Brophy gave him a hard time, he clearly disnae like the pitch and his passing stank.

Paul played like he had just woke up. Maybe he had factor 50 in his eyes?

Lewis did well with Omeonga and tried to get forward and get involved.

Mark Milligan was boring, 4 forward passes all game. I dinnae want to watch that in a Hibs shirt, sorry Mark.

Stevie Mallan tried to cover every blade of grass, he had too as many of his team mates didnae bother. Stevie Mallan cares.

Fraser Murray has a certain grace about his play but for me he is far too skinny and did not deserve 90 minutes. His hesitation lost us the chance of an equaliser late on, when he had come in to play in behind Shaw after spending the first hour on the right, he should have shot. He chooses to pass backwards too often which is not what I remember him for previously? I do think he can make it at Hibs but I would loan him out to a local neighbour like Raith, the Pars or Alloa and tell him to come back with some upper body strength like Sean Mackie or Ryan Porteous, he is way to easy knocked off the ball. Crisp poke No 1.

Stephane Omeonga had a quiet game, he met his match in Mulumbu (more of later) and never quite got going.

Flo has the touch of a Jambo, he gave us nothing and clearly has his case packed for Maga.

Marc McNulty is quickly going from herro to zero, he tried less than Flo, go figure. Family holiday in Salou booked Marc?

Subs

Well three for three after 60 minutes. Sorry but that was a massive and daft choice Heck, was it that kind of stupidity that lost you the Leeds fans, baffling.

At at Guess.....

Ollie for Marc Mac - Ollie Shaw either gets himself stronger or finds a job in the real world as he will quickly end up in part time fitba. He is so easy pushed off the ball, he looks half hearted. He, like Fraser, need to get out and play proper mens fitba every week. Ollie is a decent fitba player but is a jessie. Weak, easy beat and soft. Nae shame in it, he could come back and be a good Hibs player, just like Fraser Murray. Crisp poke No 2.

Horgan for Flo - Horgan done very little, which was slightly more than Flo.

Omeonga for Agyepong, two proper players swapped. Steph is a player, watching Tam today, so is he. He can take a man on, goes forward not back, is brave and has a wicked shot on him. Keep the laddie fit and I hope we keep him for next season, he could become something much better. Great song for him too. He brightened the fucked off Hibs fans mood somewhat. I hope he enjoys his holidays and comes back to prove hiself at Hibernian next year, he is never going to be in Pep's long term plans.

The last few games have showed me that whist Heck is at the Wheel, I feel he is more a driving gloves and correct signals boss, than Nikki Lauda (look him up). Boring fitba is not Hibernian, it gets on the fans tits. If we wanted to watch a team like Hearts, we would have been dropped on our heads as bairns and supported that shite. We dinnae. We watch Hibernian, we want flair, excitement, effort, passion, players that care. Passing it back, pissing about, scared to shoot and long punts no where belongs in the shitehouse that is Tineycastle, not for the 'warrior poets' who support the Hibs.

Talking of warrior poets, you dinnae become one by getting hammered on peeve and colombian marching powder pre match, spewing it all in a projectile manner all over your fellow fans half way through the first half. That gets you a hiding. There is a section of our support that are total fannies. The rest who spent good money and turned up in their thousands for a meaningless end of season game, well that is why I am proud to be a Hibby. They dinnae deserve us, honest. Noting the Puddle Drinkers had less than 400 at their game last night. That is what yo get when you play Levein fitba, keep that in mind Mr Heckingbottom.

A minute for Killie. I am not one for all the willie pulling about Clarke. He is a good manager, his team are good to watch, but if they were that good, you would think more than 6000 hillbillies and rednecks would turn up to watch them and join in with their Hullo Hullo Hun song? I felt Hibs in their pomp a few weeks back would have beat Killie today. But I suppose its hard to play in flip flops, speedos and sand in your crack(s). I like Brophy, a player, I think the loan player Mulumbu from Thellick is class, a missing link in our own team to be honest. Killie fans are a decent bunch though, bar their Hunnish song, they support their local club. I hope they get to Europe and enjoy the adventures we had last season. I hope Stevie Clarke stays with them, and fights the bigotry aimed at him from that filth at Ibrox, indeed I hope he ends his season but beating the bastards in front of three full ends of Killie fans and Killie get third. I do hope whoever dived to get the penalty suffers a weird injury and misses their whole european adventure because of it, cheating bastard.

Andrew Dallas is incompetent and should be demoted to referee Gunts for the rest of his life, His Dad was a Hun fanny too.

Man of the Match for Hibs, ooft, how about least shite? Two come to mind, Rocky and Mallan. Tam was good when he came on too. Mallan gets it for me, at least the boy gives a shite.

So, we are nearly done, the bubble has popped, Heck at the Wheel is not what I hoped it was, we are flacid insipid and boring. Not my expectation of ANY HIbs team and certainly not the Hibernian who rose like a pheonix from the ashes of relegation. You want to sell season tickets, you want to play in front of big support, its 90 minutes all season. Next week, win, play to win or you will pay the price in season books.

Last word is for our Hibernian Ladies and their cup win, magic, well done ladies, Hibs winning, any gender, any age, any game, playing the Hibernian way is what we want, winning and being the top in the country is simply excellent. Very well done from myself and all at the Bounce, we are proud of you, I for one will make an effort to come support you.

Hibernian Forever!

Last edited:
Heck said it wasn't a penalty but we didn't win because we were rubbish!! Sums it up perfectly I thought.

I think Brophy was at Hibs for a time.

I think Brophy was at Hibs for a time.

He was, and Celtc and Hamiltung. Good player though.

Granted, I haven't seen a Heck side in the flesh, but have watched them on various TV stations/streams.
I am a tad worried that hes a bit on the cautious side. Im not too keen on all the passing for passing sake.
Maybe next season will see a bit more adventure.
Today was pretty crap.

Well the Hibs players put down their Spades, Pails and Suncream for a couple of hours for a runabout a pitch in Kilmarnock. Meantime 1510 Hibernian fans who have worked, attended Uni, College or School, delivered papers, done double shifts, sacrificed a few pints, put a few pounds away from their pensions or suchlike in order to travel the sixty miles or more to Killie, pay the £22 to get in, invest in various pastries, soups and traybakes in support of their club. One lot show how much Hibernian mean to them, the other lot, well, no fucking good enough.

I caught the tail end of Heck's surreal radio interview. Ok we were robbed, it was never a penalty indeed the Killie player cheated the incompetent ref to earn the penalty, however we didnae have a shot at goals until over an hour into the game. As for his comment about Fraser Murray and Heck being delighted Fraser started and saw out the 90 minutes, do you think we are idiots Heck, you picked him, you chose to give him 90 minutes. 90 minutes where he and most of his team mates gave very little. Weird chat Heck, dinnae think you can bull shit us mate.

Now the nuclear pies....the Killie Pie is not quite what it once was, no quite as meaty, the gravy isnae as nice, the pie is a bit soggier but pie Sauzee, the roof of my mouth is still scalded, I didnae ken whether to gamble a bite or borrow one of the Hibs players factor 50 and get myself a tan oaf the tin wrapper. Scorchio! Washed doon with a Tomato Soup with wee bits of veg floating in it, it was almost tasty.

Now the fitba itself. First half I felt Killie bettered us, but just, we had a strong 20 minutes after a wobbly first ten but faded badly second half. It was never a corner for the corner that got the penalty, it was never a penalty as I mention, Sir David didnt touch the cheat, the referee has this job because his Dad was a ref and supervisor, he is not fit for purpose, fucking hopeless decision. Second half we never got going, the three subs on the hour perked us up a little but taking off Flo and McNulty and Omeonga especially, all at once was poor, especially to be replaced for the lightweight, crisp bag in the breeze Ollie Shaw. Fuck only knows what Heck was thinking? The last two weeks have shown me that Heck is conservative ( I hope in fitba no politics), he disnae like change and is content with us stroking it about between Rocky, Hanlon, McGregor and Milligan, going nowhere slowly and hoping the wingers or midfield get something to the strikers and the punts from Rocky, Daz and Paul were hapless, but at least they go forward, Mark Milligan is boring, he passes it back, he passes it back, he passes it back. Mallan and Omeonga did try, I felt for Mallan in particular. Fraser Murray had some good touches but is another crisp bag. Flo and McNulty were shite, sorry. The spark we had came from Thomas Agyepong, he takes a man on, he is not scared, he has a good shot on him, three in fact, one hit Murray, one hit Shaw, one their goalie tipped over.

Tactics were wrong, it was a pre holiday effort which is fine, pay for our tickets Hibs if you are only going for a kick about. Flacid fitba with hoofs upfield, it was like watching the arseholes from Gorgie, that makes me spew up.

The Team

Rocky had a wonder save and might have saved the penalty, if his distribution was better he would be by far the best keeper in Scotland. It hasn't and as such he is not. Great save though Ofir!

Sir David Gray, my hero, the captain and scorer of the winning goal on the 21st of May 2016, the day Hibernian won the cup had a torrid time until Murray moved into the middle then Horgan played in front of him. Not at fault for the penalty and how in Sauzee's name he was booked for it is beyond me. Clearly disnae ken the handshake. This Hunnish country is rancid.

Daz was poor, Brophy gave him a hard time, he clearly disnae like the pitch and his passing stank.

Paul played like he had just woke up. Maybe he had factor 50 in his eyes?

Lewis did well with Omeonga and tried to get forward and get involved.

Mark Milligan was boring, 4 forward passes all game. I dinnae want to watch that in a Hibs shirt, sorry Mark.

Stevie Mallan tried to cover every blade of grass, he had too as many of his team mates didnae bother. Stevie Mallan cares.

Fraser Murray has a certain grace about his play but for me he is far too skinny and did not deserve 90 minutes. His hesitation lost us the chance of an equaliser late on, when he had come in to play in behind Shaw after spending the first hour on the right, he should have shot. He chooses to pass backwards too often which is not what I remember him for previously? I do think he can make it at Hibs but I would loan him out to a local neighbour like Raith, the Pars or Alloa and tell him to come back with some upper body strength like Sean Mackie or Ryan Porteous, he is way to easy knocked off the ball. Crisp poke No 1.

Stephane Omeonga had a quiet game, he met his match in Mulumbu (more of later) and never quite got going.

Flo has the touch of a Jambo, he gave us nothing and clearly has his case packed for Maga.

Marc McNulty is quickly going from herro to zero, he tried less than Flo, go figure. Family holiday in Salou booked Marc?

Subs

Well three for three after 60 minutes. Sorry but that was a massive and daft choice Heck, was it that kind of stupidity that lost you the Leeds fans, baffling.

At at Guess.....

Ollie for Marc Mac - Ollie Shaw either gets himself stronger or finds a job in the real world as he will quickly end up in part time fitba. He is so easy pushed off the ball, he looks half hearted. He, like Fraser, need to get out and play proper mens fitba every week. Ollie is a decent fitba player but is a jessie. Weak, easy beat and soft. Nae shame in it, he could come back and be a good Hibs player, just like Fraser Murray. Crisp poke No 2.

Horgan for Flo - Horgan done very little, which was slightly more than Flo.

Omeonga for Agyepong, two proper players swapped. Steph is a player, watching Tam today, so is he. He can take a man on, goes forward not back, is brave and has a wicked shot on him. Keep the laddie fit and I hope we keep him for next season, he could become something much better. Great song for him too. He brightened the fucked off Hibs fans mood somewhat. I hope he enjoys his holidays and comes back to prove hiself at Hibernian next year, he is never going to be in Pep's long term plans.

The last few games have showed me that whist Heck is at the Wheel, I feel he is more a driving gloves and correct signals boss, than Nikki Lauda (look him up). Boring fitba is not Hibernian, it gets on the fans tits. If we wanted to watch a team like Hearts, we would have been dropped on our heads as bairns and supported that shite. We dinnae. We watch Hibernian, we want flair, excitement, effort, passion, players that care. Passing it back, pissing about, scared to shoot and long punts no where belongs in the shitehouse that is Tineycastle, not for the 'warrior poets' who support the Hibs.

Talking of warrior poets, you dinnae become one by getting hammered on peeve and colombian marching powder pre match, spewing it all in a projectile manner all over your fellow fans half way through the first half. That gets you a hiding. There is a section of our support that are total fannies. The rest who spent good money and turned up in their thousands for a meaningless end of season game, well that is why I am proud to be a Hibby. They dinnae deserve us, honest. Noting the Puddle Drinkers had less than 400 at their game last night. That is what yo get when you play Levein fitba, keep that in mind Mr Heckingbottom.

A minute for Killie. I am not one for all the willie pulling about Clarke. He is a good manager, his team are good to watch, but if they were that good, you would think more than 6000 hillbillies and rednecks would turn up to watch them and join in with their Hullo Hullo Hun song? I felt Hibs in their pomp a few weeks back would have beat Killie today. But I suppose its hard to play in flip flops, speedos and sand in your crack(s). I like Brophy, a player, I think the loan player Mulumbu from Thellick is class, a missing link in our own team to be honest. Killie fans are a decent bunch though, bar their Hunnish song, they support their local club. I hope they get to Europe and enjoy the adventures we had last season. I hope Stevie Clarke stays with them, and fights the bigotry aimed at him from that filth at Ibrox, indeed I hope he ends his season but beating the bastards in front of three full ends of Killie fans and Killie get third. I do hope whoever dived to get the penalty suffers a weird injury and misses their whole european adventure because of it, cheating bastard.

Andrew Dallas is incompetent and should be demoted to referee Gunts for the rest of his life, His Dad was a Hun fanny too.

Man of the Match for Hibs, ooft, how about least shite? Two come to mind, Rocky and Mallan. Tam was good when he came on too. Mallan gets it for me, at least the boy gives a shite.

So, we are nearly done, the bubble has popped, Heck at the Wheel is not what I hoped it was, we are flacid insipid and boring. Not my expectation of ANY HIbs team and certainly not the Hibernian who rose like a pheonix from the ashes of relegation. You want to sell season tickets, you want to play in front of big support, its 90 minutes all season. Next week, win, play to win or you will pay the price in season books.

Last word is for our Hibernian Ladies and their cup win, magic, well done ladies, Hibs winning, any gender, any age, any game, playing the Hibernian way is what we want, winning and being the top in the country is simply excellent. Very well done from myself and all at the Bounce, we are proud of you, I for one will make an effort to come support you.

Hibernian Forever!
What a disappointing read, I hope, but probs he wilnae, Hecky has a look at this and it tells him through eyes of a supporter whats happening. He must know himself shirley?Surely he can see, hopefully he can and it will be all change next season. Thanks M.

Thanks once again for the honest, on-the-ball assessment. A lot of hard work for very little reward as a committed supporter. The only thing I disagree with is on young Fraser Murray, and I know you won't lose any sleep over that. I thought the laddie played well and it was obvious he was playing to instructions. Every time he got the ball in the first half he was looking up to see what was on, and most times there was little or no movement forward and so he had little choice but to pass backwards. I, too, am fizzing that we have passed backwards so often in the last five games. However, Murray was playing in a strange position for his style of play and you acknowledged that yourself. He does like to play in a forward midfield role, much like where Mallan was earlier in the season. I agree entirely about the laddie's delayed strike and I think the youngster was caught in the headlights.
Opinions, eh?

Highlight of the day- the Hibs empire biscuit and coffee

Low point - shameless cheating by Son of Bruce and Son of Dallas

Team - gone on holiday. I feared as much after someone from the first team set up said as much to me a week ago that folk were counting the days to the end of the season. Hope they enjoy Dubai, Florida and wherever else. I understand that it's been a long season due to European endeavours and a threadbare squad for much of it due to horrendous injuries but it doesn't wash with us when we've travelled 60 miles each way, coughed up hard earned cash and been repaid with what we witnessed today. Not at all. Not one bit.

Frustration - the abuse levelled at the few players today who did not hide. That pitch is an abomination. It ruins any hope of football breaking out. It has visiting sides playing, at best, in discomfort and, more than not, in fear of making poor passes, clearances or shots that result in derision and embarrassment. It's caused teams better than ours problems but today some of ours decided hiding from the ball was preferable to being in possession and looking daft. That really got my goat. McNulty, a case in point. There were others. Shiters. Shitebags.

If we want the Scottish game to get better, attract or develop better players or simply just produce a product people can enjoy without sitting looking through their hands worrying what is going to be the next freak bounce or pish pass. Pitches should be in decent nick and grass or hybrid. Not some nasty nylon carpet from the 70s that is so dry nothing runs true or fast. It's short changing the paying public and it's a blight on the game. Tin pot stuff.

I honestly don't think Hecky wants to be conservative in play. He's had to utilise the threadbare squad at his disposal. With Boyle and Allan back things will be improved on that front and hopefully new faces will complement the existing squad.

I'm torn about Fraser Murray. He's an elegant young player, clearly gifted. However, whilst he's now stronger than 6 stone dripping wet, he's not yet a man. He's also not showing the desire of Porteous or Mackie. Those latter two are physically strong, yes- and both currently injured - but they're also full of desire and swagger.
Hope Fraser goes on from here and not down the Alex Harris road.

As for the aforementioned numpties in our support, it was reminiscent of cup final days gone by where folk out for the day trip had been drinking on empty heids for hours, in the sun. Messy stuff.

One game left and I've probably had enough since we lost that equaliser in the derby. It was the moment the first team switched to Skyscanner...

Exactly as I saw it 1875, however I thought Ollie Shaw did ok when he came on in so much as I think he won a couple of headers, one of which set up an excellent chance for Murray which he squandered?

Heck said it wasn't a penalty but we didn't win because we were rubbish!! Sums it up perfectly I thought.
Agree.....Apart from thinking Murray 'did well' I thought Heckingbottom was honest saying Hibs were 'rubbish'. The BBC guys were saying Hibs had played well, making me wonder if they had watched the game I had endured. Then Heckingbottom said what I thought. Yes,today was horrible, but some credit has to go to Kilmarnock. They are a good team and I hope they finish third. I shall not judge Heckingbottom until Xmas, when we shall see his signings. Apart from today, I am hopeful for next season.

'We were rubbish' said Heckingbotton in his post match interview. Not a lot you can add really.....

Interesting that he mentioned a lot of tough conversations had also happened this week.

Sounds like the players he doesn't fancy have been told, and naturally that's going to create a bit of a lull or lack of focus.

Also would explain giving the younger guys more time, as they would be the ones with the most to prove. Just unfortunate they didn't do that!

Have to agree about Shaw and the other young laddies needing real mens football, not this development shite. I listen to the Si Ferry podcast most week and almost every decent player says that playing down the lower leagues was a massive benefit. These boys need to be getting loaned out when they are 18-19 and playing every week in meaningful games. If they don't stand out down the lower leagues, then punt them. Can't make it down there your not good enough.

Shaw is a prime example. He's more ot less wasted the entire season and won't have improved a bit for it. Every ex pro says that polishing boots, cleaning the stands etc was good for them. We have a bunch of nice boys with nothing about them coming thru. Porteous the exception. That lad is going on to big things. Hard, not scared, and takes players out, love it.

Excellent and entertaining read amigo. I went along to the Ladies final. Excellent evening and four in a row. Free entry also thanks tae official photographer, who happens tae jive. GGTTH.

The football Heckingbottom plays isn’t good to watch. We rarely attack. The win at Tynecastle was great, but even the unbeaten run had too many games that we were set up for draws.

I hope this is him getting to the end of the season when he can get his own team together, rather than the way he plays.

It is probably too early to call out Heckingbottom's style of football. Off the top of my head, games like the away derby and the 2-4 at Dens were certainly not boring. We wont get a full measure of the man or his tactics until he has his own team next season.

I think today proved we need two strikers during the summer and neither of them should be Marc McNulty.

So we go from unbeaten in ten to losing two away games thanks to some (par for the course ) dodgy refereeing . Considering there was absolutely heehaw to play for ( apart from the fans ) and at the end of a very long season I think it would’ve been extremely difficult for PHB .
Think it’s a bit early for knee jerk reactions ?
nb:- our defense have definitely not thrown in the beach towel

Last edited:
I am sure the "challenging conversations" were about attitudes in training. There was an interview earlier in the week where he said he sat them down and said he appreciated that they were an honest bunch but they were going through the motions in training since the derby. Not doing anything unprofessional but not with the same intensity as the run.

Definitely been the case on the park since the derby...

Couldn't finish reading the report today, sounding grim on a few fronts. Are we to now expect a dodgy game with Dallas in charge, his incompetence has been noted by a good few other clubs and fans. Didn't sound like we would've found the net but an honest clean sheet would have been deserved after rocky stepping up to job again.

Hopefully a boot up jacksey for the few mentioned in report and a win to end the season when the sheep hit town next week.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

We were rubbish but Killie, for all the hype, were not much better. Yes they carved out a couple more chances than us but they certainly did not carve us open.
Dallas jnr cost us a point either through complete ineptitude or perhaps worse than that...

That said I'm not overly looking forward to us facing an Aberdeen team next week going for 3rd when our team canny be arsed. Would like to see one or 2 other youngsters in to at least get some with hunger in. Maybe Ben Stirling, Innes Murray or Callum Donaldson.

Excellent write up again, M. Cheers.

Before Heck arrived we were arguably teetering on the edge of disaster. He galvanised the team, we went on a long unbeaten run, and have finished in a better position than even the most optimistic amongst us thought possible. Crappy result, but he says we were rubbish and that he had to speak to the players about application, which seems to me the right thing to have done - at any rate I can't see what else he could do, short of coming on himself. And you're already writing him off? Seems a bit harsh.

at any rate I can't see what else he could do, short of coming on himself.

Oo-er, missus!

Before Heck arrived we were arguably teetering on the edge of disaster. He galvanised the team, we went on a long unbeaten run, and have finished in a better position than even the most optimistic amongst us thought possible. Crappy result, but he says we were rubbish and that he had to speak to the players about application, which seems to me the right thing to have done - at any rate I can't see what else he could do, short of coming on himself. And you're already writing him off? Seems a bit harsh.
Fair enough comment, but we
Fair enough comment, but we were disappointing, to the extent we had very few shots at goal, we indulged in our newly-acquired habit, an irritating habit, of passing backwards and sideways, rather than looking for the SJM -exploitative pass that gets us up out of our seats. Aye, I know, Super John's long gone and Scott Allan has yet to appear, but we should look to the Omeongas and Mallans of our team to make these telling passes.
One thing, though. If PHB had to speak to the players about application then that didn't apply to our captain, who was storming in to tackles as is his wont. I know full well how limited our back four is when it comes to the finer points of fitbaw, but I'll take them any day - until someone better comes along, and that hasn't happened for quite a while. There was one terrific challenge by Daz in the first half, who got back very quickly to clear the ball away from (I think) Brophy's feet, and knocked the ball over the bar. No bad for a guy who does not like playing on that excuse of a pitch, and who is regarded by many as finished.
Aye, we could have been much better yesterday, but I go back to your point about where we were and where we finished. I think PHB is learning a lot from our last two games, and seeing who is and isn't working for the team - and the fans.
On to the Dons, with the usual hope of a better display against a team who shuts up shop at the earliest opportunity.

I am sure the "challenging conversations" were about attitudes in training. There was an interview earlier in the week where he said he sat them down and said he appreciated that they were an honest bunch but they were going through the motions in training since the derby. Not doing anything unprofessional but not with the same intensity as the run.

Definitely been the case on the park since the derby...

Where's that interview J?

It's the same squad that Lennon was struggling with. Let Paul get his own team and brand and then let's judge. One thing that perplexed me was the long contracts handed out to Gray and McGregor, both have maybe one good season each left. I do understand that part of the contracts are coaching etc, rather the budget was used for players looking forward, rather than backwards.

It's the same squad that Lennon was struggling with. Let Paul get his own team and brand and then let's judge. One thing that perplexed me was the long contracts handed out to Gray and McGregor, both have maybe one good season each left. I do understand that part of the contracts are coaching etc, rather the budget was used for players looking forward, rather than backwards.

I was absolutely delighted at these guys getting tied to Hibs.

It's not just about playing, or coaching.
It's about being Hibs.

Bit harsh on SDG, he's only 31. I reckon he's got 2-3 decent seasons left in him.

I heard it on the radio in the car during the week? Can't mind if it was Forth or Scotland. Pre match chat.

@Smurf
This help?

This thread has been viewed 3170 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50