• Hi there, if you are wanting to register, you will need a registration code. To obtain said code please email hibs@hibeesbounce.com with a brief description of why you want to become part of the bounce. Please also supply us with your IP address Click here if you do not know your IP Thank You. GGTTH

Just Back and we got mugged....

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
You state you would prefer Darren when fit to Paul. That's fair enough in itself. But Darren is nowhere near match fitness yet and so that will take a wee bit time, with him probably being subbed in his first coupla games to compensate for this. I can assure you I want Darren to be fit and playing for us for another coupla seasons but I doubt if that will happen.
We are undefeated in the League since the Gunts game here. The only defeat we have suffered in that time was from Celtic in the League Cup semi-final - when as you well know, Hanlon and Jackson were our central defenders, our midfield was simply overrun by Celtic because of our lack of dig and James chose to play his worst game for us. But, just as crucially, young Porteous wasn't playing due to suspension, and he is proving to be one of the best leaders we've had for a long time. But - and it's a big but - apart from about twenty minutes against Celtic in the League until he got injured, Jackson hasn't shown anything near the kind of quality we would need to oust Hanlon from the team. And I was one of the people (easily checked back though the threads) who suggested Jackson be given a chance to prove his worth, at exactly the same time we were beginning to see how poor were most of PHB's signings. But, another one, I also believe that each and every one of PHB's signings should be given a fresh start and fair chance by Jack Ross, including Vela, to see if they are capable of playing better under a new system. And that doesn't mean that we drop Hallberg to see what Vela can do, far from it. And so as far as Hanlon is concerned, if there were another defender who could step up at the moment and dislodge him, then fair enough - but there isn't! As simple as that. I can see your point where you think Hanlon isn't playing well enough - but that is countered by other fans who think he is indeed holding his own. Again, easily checked, I suggested last week that after the St Mirren game that Slivka should be replaced, and @1875 partially agreed, but tempered that by saying replaced by whom? Who's available? And then, just to prove an individual (me) can get it slightly wrong on a player's ability, Slivka goes and plays his best game ever in a Hibs jersey! Opinions, eh?
Slivka obviously reads this forum.:read:

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
As for Jackson, Samuel L would be better than him.
So would Darren.
No, not Darren. That doesn't make my point.

I meant Michael, or Janet.

Any Jackson really.
Even La Toya.

Is she really going out with him?

tayside hibee

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
It was a sare goal to lose ,but the writing was on the wall for the last 30.
With 5 minutes to go , surely you just have to keep the fukin ball!!! It's basic stuff.
Porto and Slivka were tops,I think Lewis needs a rest . Newell and Doidge are still below the standard we require imo.
Maxwell needs replacing , that is surely not up for question.
For the first hour , we were the dugs danglies , then we reverted back to type . Defence needs a leader, what exactly is effe not up to ?

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
You state you would prefer Darren when fit to Paul. That's fair enough in itself. But Darren is nowhere near match fitness yet and so that will take a wee bit time, with him probably being subbed in his first coupla games to compensate for this. I can assure you I want Darren to be fit and playing for us for another coupla seasons but I doubt if that will happen.
We are undefeated in the League since the Gunts game here. The only defeat we have suffered in that time was from Celtic in the League Cup semi-final - when as you well know, Hanlon and Jackson were our central defenders, our midfield was simply overrun by Celtic because of our lack of dig and James chose to play his worst game for us. But, just as crucially, young Porteous wasn't playing due to suspension, and he is proving to be one of the best leaders we've had for a long time. But - and it's a big but - apart from about twenty minutes against Celtic in the League until he got injured, Jackson hasn't shown anything near the kind of quality we would need to oust Hanlon from the team. And I was one of the people (easily checked back though the threads) who suggested Jackson be given a chance to prove his worth, at exactly the same time we were beginning to see how poor were most of PHB's signings. But, another one, I also believe that each and every one of PHB's signings should be given a fresh start and fair chance by Jack Ross, including Vela, to see if they are capable of playing better under a new system. And that doesn't mean that we drop Hallberg to see what Vela can do, far from it. And so as far as Hanlon is concerned, if there were another defender who could step up at the moment and dislodge him, then fair enough - but there isn't! As simple as that. I can see your point where you think Hanlon isn't playing well enough - but that is countered by other fans who think he is indeed holding his own. Again, easily checked, I suggested last week that after the St Mirren game that Slivka should be replaced, and @1875 partially agreed, but tempered that by saying replaced by whom? Who's available? And then, just to prove an individual (me) can get it slightly wrong on a player's ability, Slivka goes and plays his best game ever in a Hibs jersey! Opinions, eh?
Aye opinions indeed.

Power

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Hanlon was good on Saturday - he reads the game well and is composed on the ball (his ability to make a pin point pass diagonally is a great option to change play/escape pressure/break quickly).
There has been times this season when he has been outmuscled or poorly positioned - that’s a confidence thing rather than an ability thing. (close to the byline against Motherwell and St.Mirren as two recent examples - Darren or possibly Jackson wouldn’t let that happen but then you would miss out on the good points above which supports the football team overall).

Last edited:

Smurf

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I’m still amazed at how relaxed Hibs are to allow balls into the box. I’m wanting bodies put in the way and on the line mair. Literally go through brick wa’s to stop anything progressing.

View attachment 1696
THIS. For their equaliser more could have been done in they final moments by the players to stop the ball getting into our box.

Sir Shrink

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
THIS. For their equaliser more could have been done in they final moments by the players to stop the ball getting into our box.
Yep. We let far too many crosses in. It's hard to prevent the long range blooter into the box, but these take time to land and Porto is pretty good at getting underneath them. But the full backs and midfield players stand off wing players and do too much dancing rather than sticking a foot in or blocking the crosses.

BB4ALL

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
I'm afraid I have to slightly disagree about the overall view being expressed about this game. Here's what it comes down to for me. Hibs have undoubtedly improved considerably in the last few weeks in an attacking sense by first of all playing two up front, giving Scott Allan a free role, and allowing our attacking players more freedom to express themselves....but as a team we are still absolutely rank rotten defensively. The spine of the team is far too brittle and cracks too easily under any sort of pressure. The goalkeeper is nowhere near good enough and for me has to be replaced by Bogdan. We just do not have the strong defensive minded players in midfield to win the ball, retain possession and see a game out. We also lack a leader in the middle of the park. Stevie Wonder could see during that second half today that we were going to throw yet another game away...how many times is that this season we have conceded last minute goals and allowed teams to come back at us ? Both Killie goals defended dreadfully. Late on Hibs just needed to retain possession and avoid giving away set-pieces... and lo and behold we gave away possession and a set-piece to give Killie a draw. Hard hat on again I actually thought they deserved a draw as they came at us big time in the second half, whilst Hibs slowly crumbled yet again. Last week-end we got away with it as we scored an excellent counter-attacking goal but we didn't look capable of doing that in the second half today.

Our first half performance was very good partly due to Kilmarnock sitting back allowing us to play and making no attempt to go forward and put us under any sort of pressure. When they did do this in the second half they benefited as so many teams have done this season in the second half of games.

Ross absolutely must bring in at least one strong, experienced defensively minded midfielder in January...and build from the back next summer. Unless we start to show some strength and resilience in games we are going to really struggle to achieve top six. There are periods in every game when you have to defend well and stand up to teams when they start to put pressure on you in games...this current squad in my opinion are not up to that task. We don't have the right type of players in midfield particularly to be able to do this successfully.

Very disappointing to throw away yet another two points.
Your post is pretty spot on and time that we wake up to the fact that there is no leader on the park. Your assessment of at least one decent defender must be a priority and tbh I'd say we need at least two. Ross I feel will identify where the strengths are needed and probably have replacements in line and have people working on players already to recruit players who would love to play for Hibs and strengthen us in defence and midfield and I for one am still not convinced of the abilities of Doidge, Newell or Vela as the right fit for Hibs. The same happens every game and we get put under unnecessary pressure that none of them seem able to handle, don't say it doesn't or if you disagree just look back at last Tuesday's and Saturdays games.

Sir Shrink

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Your post is pretty spot on and time that we wake up to the fact that there is no leader on the park. Your assessment of at least one decent defender must be a priority and tbh I'd say we need at least two. Ross I feel will identify where the strengths are needed and probably have replacements in line and have people working on players already to recruit players who would love to play for Hibs and strengthen us in defence and midfield and I for one am still not convinced of the abilities of Doidge, Newell or Vela as the right fit for Hibs. The same happens every game and we get put under unnecessary pressure that none of them seem able to handle, don't say it doesn't or if you disagree just look back at last Tuesday's and Saturdays games.
Definitely lacking the 'lead by example' of Sir David and Daz. Strikers getting it too easy from our defence.
I'm not totally convinced about the trio you mentioned either.
Doidge has netted a few times, and I'm delighted he's on a streak of goals - whether they are worldies or sclaffs off his arse I care not a jot. But I'm not over impressed with the level of skill shown. Hopefully he will continue to play his part, at least until we get better.
In the last few games Newell has been a revelation. Or just not as shite as he was previously. I'm not sure which yet.

Vela? Vela?
Where the fcuk is Vela?

It's not just on the park he goes missing.

WJC1848

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Fairy nuff. Cannae argue wi' most o' that. Better quality players is what everyone wants. And, like you, @Sir Shrink and probably every other fan, I want the trio mentioned to be swans rather than ugly ducklings. And I wholeheartedly endorse your point about us always putting ourselves under pressure.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Definitely lacking the 'lead by example' of Sir David and Daz. Strikers getting it too easy from our defence.
I'm not totally convinced about the trio you mentioned either.
Doidge has netted a few times, and I'm delighted he's on a streak of goals - whether they are worldies or sclaffs off his arse I care not a jot. But I'm not over impressed with the level of skill shown. Hopefully he will continue to play his part, at least until we get better.
In the last few games Newell has been a revelation. Or just not as shite as he was previously. I'm not sure which yet.

Vela? Vela?
Where the fcuk is Vela?

It's not just on the park he goes missing.
I'm no getting all the Doidge hating at the moment. He's scoring goals, holding the ball up and terrorising defenders with his movement and physicality. Plus he won a fair few headers defensively. Whats not to like about that?

Sir Shrink

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
I'm no getting all the Doidge hating at the moment. He's scoring goals, holding the ball up and terrorising defenders with his movement and physicality. Plus he won a fair few headers defensively. Whats not to like about that?
I didn’t mean to come across as anti-Doidge.
I’m delighted with the impact he’s made in the last few games.
I’m just uncertain if he’s lucky just now, or unlucky before.
Hope he keeps it up though.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I didn’t mean to come across as anti-Doidge.
I’m delighted with the impact he’s made in the last few games.
I’m just uncertain if he’s lucky just now, or unlucky before.
Hope he keeps it up though.
Aye I hear where you're coming from. His goal compilation must be the ugliest in world football. One thing is certain is that he and Kamberi always need a partner.

Daddy 'O' Hibee

The Hibee Radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
I really like Doidge, he's a clever forward a perfect foil for a mobile partner. Watch when the ball is in the air, he hides in behind then times his jump to flick on or knock down. Works tirelessly and WILL get better and better when fully settled. Football pitches will start to deteriorate over December so players like Doidge are crucial. I'll risk a bashing for being wrong, he's going to be a big player for us. Shiite goals for Hibernian don't exist, I love them.

HibeeZab

Rock n' Roll Radge
Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Aye I hear where you're coming from. His goal compilation must be the ugliest in world football. One thing is certain is that he and Kamberi always need a partner.
I’ve no problem with that - we never score those type of ugly goals, but always seem to concede them. It’s about time we bundled a few in instead of looking for perfect goals all the time.

HibeeZab

Rock n' Roll Radge
Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
I really like Doidge, he's a clever forward a perfect foil for a mobile partner. Watch when the ball is in the air, he hides in behind then times his jump to flick on or knock down. Works tirelessly and WILL get better and better when fully settled. Football pitches will start to deteriorate over December so players like Doidge are crucial. I'll risk a bashing for being wrong, he's going to be a big player for us. Shiite goals for Hibernian don't exist, I love them.
I get the impression he’s one of those player who the inexplicable bobble off a shite pitch favours, no bad thing.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Said it before and I’ll say it again, a goal a game in off his arse will do me. I think it’s a confidence thing for strikers, once yi get the first goal others will follow. Just hope he disnae stop.

The Family

Capital Radge
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Not in his last season he wasn’t. Made 35 league appearances in total. Proved his fitness and it was something that he and NL had to get to the bottom of and did.

Would take him back in a heartbeat.
Not for me mate, a midfield leader is a priority.

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £70 per month to pay for the server, can you spare a few quid at all?
Goal
£70.00
Earned
£50.00
This donation drive ends in

The Scottish Cup Winners v Der Hun

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £70 per month to pay for the server, can you spare a few quid at all?
Goal
£70.00
Earned
£50.00
This donation drive ends in