• Hi there, if you are wanting to register, you will need a registration code. To obtain said code please email hibs@hibeesbounce.com with a brief description of why you want to become part of the bounce. Please also supply us with your IP address Click here if you do not know your IP Thank You. GGTTH

Just Back and we got mugged....

Hammi

Top radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I remember you saying Newells garbage but now a regular in our team.
And if we switch back to a formation that plays with wingers, I suspect he wouldn't be so regular.
He was a wasted strip on the wing, theres a reason when we change formation late in the game, he comes off and Horgan goes on the wing. We play Boyle up front until that time, which is even more evidence he shouldnt be on the wing.

New position, new play style and a different approach has made the difference here.

Jackson hasn't impressed, you just want to replace paul because its paul. Doesnt matter that hes the better option.

Administrator
Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Still dodging the Hanlon question though.
I am not dodging any question, ffs. I simply think you are talking shite. Paul Hanlon is a good player, a decent defender, a better fitba player than most full backs. He supports Hibs too, he cares. You keep suggesting a huddy replace him, a fucking donkey who if he had any ability would have convinced Heckingbottom, May or Ross he was a better choice, he hasn't.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
And if we switch back to a formation that plays with wingers, I suspect he wouldn't be so regular.
He was a wasted strip on the wing, theres a reason when we change formation late in the game, he comes off and Horgan goes on the wing. We play Boyle up front until that time, which is even more evidence he shouldnt be on the wing.

New position, new play style and a different approach has made the difference here.

Jackson hasn't impressed, you just want to replace paul because its paul. Doesnt matter that hes the better option.
I want Paul dropped cos he's been poor. Do you think Paul is irreplaceable?

Administrator
Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Fuck off Ricky, no one said that. You go to half the games, he has not been poor at all.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I am not dodging any question, ffs. I simply think you are talking shite. Paul Hanlon is a good player, a decent defender, a better fitba player than most full backs. He supports Hibs too, he cares. You keep suggesting a huddy replace him, a fucking donkey who if he had any ability would have convinced Heckingbottom, May or Ross he was a better choice, he hasn't.
I'm no saying Jacksons better ffs. I'm saying Hanlons been shite and needs dropped. If McGregor was fit he and Jackson would be in contention.

And you mentioned Ross why? It's still Mays team Ross has done fuck all different.

Last edited:

Hammi

Top radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Not at all, but I wouldn't drop an under performing player for a player who's shown little to nothing in terms of performance.
I know what I get with Paul.

You havent mentioned Darren until your last post. He's the only player worth Paul's place in the team just now and like I said earlier. Jack Ross obviously wants his centre halfs to play a bit of football. Darren isn't up to that and like you said, unfit.

Paul keeps his place.

Hibee Kev

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
The crucial turning point in the game wasn't anything to do with substitutions, changes of tactics or Hibs "sitting back"...it was Kilmarnock's first goal scored by Alex Bruce. An awful goal to lose which was a replica of so many (usually) late goals conceded by this Hibs team. A set-piece needlessly conceded allowing them to flood the box with their players.. our defenders beaten in the air again...nobody winning the second ball...the ball not cleared properly and bang it's in the net. The equaliser was similar. Nobody closing down players..nobody taking control at the back. We have seen it all season and even before that.

Killie were always going to have a go and throw men forward during the second half. They had to come into the game as they had shown nothing as an attacking force in the first half and they were losing the match. I always think 2-0 is a weird scoreline during any game. It all depends on when the second goal is scored. If Naismith had scored his goal with say 10 minutes left we would most likely have seen the game out as there wouldn't have been enough time for them to get the two goals back...although with this Hibs team I wouldn't have bet against that happening. But they still had 40 minutes to get the goals back after Naismith's goal...a huge amount of time to mount a comeback and put pressure on the Hibs rearguard. Hibs really had to get a third goal yesterday in the second half to guarantee victory as the defensive side of our team simply cannot be relied upon to withstand any sort of sustained pressure from anyone. Conceding the hugely avoidable first goal to Bruce ( just have a look at it in the highlights) gave our opponents a lifeline and the momentum and they took full advantage of the usual nerves in the crowd and tired legs in the Hibs ranks. That's when you need leaders and strong dependable players to get hold of the ball in the later stages of the game and to make sure possession is retained and no set-pieces are conceded. This is what we lack...and it's not a new thing. The biggest criticism I have for Heckingbottom during his time at the club isn't anything to do with tactics or poor quality signings (most of the newbies are fine, there are always going to be some who don't work out at our level) ...it is that he signed the wrong type of players for what we needed to be successful in this league. Ross will need at least two transfer windows to rectify this.
Just watched the highlights on Sportscene - Doidge actually chests the ball down to him for Killie’s first, and doesn’t exactly cover himself in glory for their equaliser either.

Power

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
I’m still amazed at how relaxed Hibs are to allow balls into the box. I’m wanting bodies put in the way and on the line mair. Literally go through brick wa’s to stop anything progressing.

6C5540E1-B57E-4045-87C4-B19745506192.jpeg

Last edited:

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Not at all, but I wouldn't drop an under performing player for a player who's shown little to nothing in terms of performance.
I know what I get with Paul.

You havent mentioned Darren until your last post. He's the only player worth Paul's place in the team just now and like I said earlier. Jack Ross obviously wants his centre halfs to play a bit of football. Darren isn't up to that and like you said, unfit.

Paul keeps his place.
Only mentioned Daz cos I know he's just came back.

You can't keep on playing under performing player and expect to get away with it.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I’m still amazed at how relaxed Hibs are to allow balls into the box. I’m wanting bodies put in the way and on the line mair. Literally go through brick wa’s to stop anything progressing.
Aye just stop the cross.

Hammi

Top radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge

You can't keep on playing under performing player and expect to get away with it.
Underperforming players can refind their form in a healthier environment. Winning, remaining unbeaten, chasing the ball down and hounding 3 lillie defenders on his own like he did yesterday and bringing the crowd to him. All helps.

Jackson, just isnt up to Scottish football.

You $%#@ put a player you know isnt good enough on, and expect to get away with it. 🙄

Hammi

Top radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Because we're defending narrow just now, strange choice given we dont have wingers to cover.
Slivka and Newell do drop in a touch, but using them, I'd have Stevenson and Naismith pushing folk out of play. Specially Naismith, he's a big boy.

HibeeZab

Rock n' Roll Radge
Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
This has been a problem for a long time, we seem to take the approach that we’ll defend the box against a ball in the air or on the deck, rather than push out wide/forward to stop the initial ball in.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Underperforming players can refind their form in a healthier environment. Winning, remaining unbeaten, chasing the ball down and hounding 3 lillie defenders on his own like he did yesterday and bringing the crowd to him. All helps.

Jackson, just isnt up to Scottish football.

You $%#@ put a player you know isnt good enough on, and expect to get away with it. 🙄
So Hanlon "can refind form in a healthier enviroment" but Jackson can't get a look in from some fans. . C'mon dude.

Administrator
Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
So Hanlon "can refind form in a healthier enviroment" but Jackson can't get a look in from some fans. . C'mon dude.
Paul Hanlon has been playing well recently, Jackson disnae get a game.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
We don’t need - nor can we afford - 3 experienced goalkeepers.

If we had resigned Bogdan in January in preparation for off loading Maxwell or Marciano that would make sense, but we moved with almost indecent haste the minute PHB was binned.

Don’t really understand why Bogdan was without a club either.

HibeeZab

Rock n' Roll Radge
Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
We don’t need - nor can we afford - 3 experienced goalkeepers.

If we had resigned Bogdan in January in preparation for off loading Maxwell or Marciano that would make sense, but we moved with almost indecent haste the minute PHB was binned.

Don’t really understand why Bogdan was without a club either.
Bogdan said the right opportunity hadn’t come up for him, make of that what you will.

I can’t see us paying him much at all right now, however I believe the intention will be to offer him a decent longer term deal in January. That will lead to the exit of either Marciano or Maxwell.

WJC1848

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce

You state you would prefer Darren when fit to Paul. That's fair enough in itself. But Darren is nowhere near match fitness yet and so that will take a wee bit time, with him probably being subbed in his first coupla games to compensate for this. I can assure you I want Darren to be fit and playing for us for another coupla seasons but I doubt if that will happen.
We are undefeated in the League since the Gunts game here. The only defeat we have suffered in that time was from Celtic in the League Cup semi-final - when as you well know, Hanlon and Jackson were our central defenders, our midfield was simply overrun by Celtic because of our lack of dig and James chose to play his worst game for us. But, just as crucially, young Porteous wasn't playing due to suspension, and he is proving to be one of the best leaders we've had for a long time. But - and it's a big but - apart from about twenty minutes against Celtic in the League until he got injured, Jackson hasn't shown anything near the kind of quality we would need to oust Hanlon from the team. And I was one of the people (easily checked back though the threads) who suggested Jackson be given a chance to prove his worth, at exactly the same time we were beginning to see how poor were most of PHB's signings. But, another one, I also believe that each and every one of PHB's signings should be given a fresh start and fair chance by Jack Ross, including Vela, to see if they are capable of playing better under a new system. And that doesn't mean that we drop Hallberg to see what Vela can do, far from it. And so as far as Hanlon is concerned, if there were another defender who could step up at the moment and dislodge him, then fair enough - but there isn't! As simple as that. I can see your point where you think Hanlon isn't playing well enough - but that is countered by other fans who think he is indeed holding his own. Again, easily checked, I suggested last week that after the St Mirren game that Slivka should be replaced, and @1875 partially agreed, but tempered that by saying replaced by whom? Who's available? And then, just to prove an individual (me) can get it slightly wrong on a player's ability, Slivka goes and plays his best game ever in a Hibs jersey! Opinions, eh?

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £70 per month to pay for the server, can you spare a few quid at all?
Goal
£70.00
Earned
£50.00
This donation drive ends in

The Scottish Cup Winners v Der Hun

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £70 per month to pay for the server, can you spare a few quid at all?
Goal
£70.00
Earned
£50.00
This donation drive ends in