• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Just back ...and we are through

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
Well no long in after driving through a tropical storm on the way home. It wisnae the only storm that I might have been involved in today, with Morton scoring in the 90th minute and the pitchforks and knives being drawn for our dour Yorkshireman and a few of our piss poor players. Boos echoed round the ground at the end of 90 minutes. I dinnae boo ma team, but I fully understood the folk that did, too many of our players were rotten. But we are through, two extra time goals and it disnae seem quite as bad.

5-3 will have non attenders thinking it was a good game. Dinnae, just dinnae.

It would be easy for me to moan and groan, I will say my peice on the poor performances in due course but I thought I might start this Just Back with some of the positives today, there were a few. The return of Lewis and Sir David makes me proud, it also makes Hibernian a better team. Glenn Middleton had a very decent first game, and I look forward to him producing the goods, he is a player. Scott Allan's passing and movement is a joy to behold, his pass for Flo's second was a Scotty special. Daryll Horgan looked busy and dangerous, but couldnae cross himself today. Finally Florian Kamberi played like a man possessed, I thought he was magnificent, scored two, involved in others. Gossip round the small crowd was scouts were in the stand. Flo's performance has me in a panic. If I was a cash rich Swiss Club looking for a striker, a Big Swiss striker, 2 million quid is nowt. It will be a disaster for Hibs though.

Shape, well its the Hecky the on Trick Pony Show there, 4, 3 2 1, at home to Morton. Worse is all the unnecessary changes. 11 games in, we have not started the same team once. You are not Pep Guadiola pal. To counter that, even Hecky has spotted how guff Newell is, he was an unused sub.

6500 at the game, with at least 750 Morton fans should have our custodians shiting their knickers, the stupid prices and the poor performances are what chase fans away, of my normal 7, 2 attended today.

The negatives, well there were many, Daz off injured early, Sir Dave off injured, the central defensive performances of Hanlon and Jackson, the vanishing act that is Josh Vela, the invisible man, the final confirmation that Slivka is not and never will be a defensive midfielder and has the heart of a mouse, which is about the same size as Velas. A goalie with nothing really to do that loses three goals. Rotating keepers for nae reason, one is far better than the other. Fucking Alice Bands. The weird away kit used as a goalies kit? The fact only one Hibernian player knows how to header a ball properly, one. The collapse after cruising for 38 minutes, which was a defensive and midfield shambles. I actually dont think we could have done anything at either own goal, both were attempts to clear dangerous balls. I would question Jackson at both, and possibly the third goal. At 3 3 I thought we might get beat. 40 minutes later I had no idea why I thought that as Morton's battery went flat.

Another negative, well I got in first time with my season, nae bother. An old pal was turned away and told to go the ticket office and join the long queue of complainers. He had topped up his season ticket but it didnae let him in saying he had not, he told them that he had, but he had no proof (take proof to a game, ffs) so was told to buy another ticket or move away from the window by that lassie from Glasgow City who has one of those 'dae we really need people to do this job' roles. My mate is Hibs daft, he disnae cheat the club, he paid his way, but had to buy a second ticket today if he wanted to get in and was told to come back and prove purchase if he wants his money back. Like me, he disnae live in Edinburgh. If he was right, do they cover expenses?

The team

Maxwell - Had nowt to do yet lost three goals. Looks overweight and takes an eternity to get the ball out.

Lewis - Magnificent, welcome back pal. Any player who would like to learn how to tackle hard, win the ball and show effort and passion for 120 minutes after being injured all pre season, watch the man, he is a star.

Daz - Went off early injured.

Paul was rotten, all game, soft, slow, indisisive, possibly past it.

Sir David Gray, the Captian of Hibernian Football Club on the day we won the Scottish Cup on the 21st of May 2016, scoring the winning header in the 92nd minuted to secure a 3-2 victory, ensuring the position of superhero for the rest of his careeer, went off hurt, we missed him. Hibernian are simply better when Lewis and David play, injured or not.

Slivka was a waste of jersey. Dinnae get me wrong, he was involved, involved in winning the ball sometimes and playing it back immediately, involved in crapping out of challenges and bringing very little to the team.

Vela is a chancer, he hides, he let Slivka be fall guy, he is no ball winning midfielder, he is a shirker. I am very disappointed, very very disappointed. He scored, I would have too, am 53 and have a gammy ankle.

Scotty Allan. Sigh. He scored a cracker, linking up with Middleton and laid on a beauty for Flo's second. I dont think Scott plays 2 hours often, he looked bushed last 10 of extra time, his face was beetroot. Great player though.

Glenn Middleton had a good debute, he will get better after tiring second half. Reminds me of Ivan Sproule with a better touch. He linked well with Flo and Scotty. No that handsome, but we all ken that song. :27:

Daryll Horgan also gave us a decent performance, although his final ball was honking. He tired badly second half though. I like him, he is a tanner ba' player, look it up if ye dinnae ken.

Flo was immense, superb, full of deft touches, goals, strength, fantastic to see him back to his best. Pity arseholes cannae see it and think he is the player who's confidence was destroyed by Lennon. Scored two.

Subs

Jackson replaced Daz after 15 or so minutes. He can play a lovely 40 yard pass, very accurately. Pity he is a garbage centre half. He was at fault at two, possible three of the Morton goals. 4th of 4 for me, and I dinnae rate Paul any more!

Whitts replaced Sir Dave with 15 to go of normal time, he done just fine. The dafties who think its clever to moan about him want to shut their holes. Slavering idiots.

Murray replaced Middleton with 10 to go of normal time. I really want Fraser to succeed, but he wont with in and out performances like that. Not strong enough, although playing beside jessies like Slivka and Vela, its easy to pick up bad habits. Hit the post with a decent effort.

Christian Doidge came on at the start of extra time for a shattered Daryll with the League Cup law of a 4th sub allowed for extra time. I know he can easily be lumped in with the other pish poor signings, I dont think he should be. He scored a clever goal and worked well with Flo and looked very pleased to have done so. I am good with him.

The Management, well, I could be a moaning arsehole with the shambles of a defensive performance, but I put that down to Hanlon, Jackson, Vela and Slivka mostly. We looked decent going forward, without the waste of space that you signed, Newell, glad you noted that. Flo starting was a positive stroke too, the performance of Middleton and Horgan, supported by Scottie were all positives. Stick to the shape but answer uptairs to the beancounters as fans stop coming along, reminding them that prices are stupid. We support Hibernian, not the puddle drinkers, hoof ball, lumpin fuck players, they are not what we pay our hard earned to see. Sort it out, the lot of you, and as been pointed out this week, there are plenty of you.

Morton, they were well organised, Hopkins teams are, good crowd following them to visit the big city. They will do well this season I think. Boy with the fucking stupid looking man bun was decent before dying after an hour. I hear they claimed in the press they were the better team, fuck off Craig Brown and Billy Brown, naw ye wurnae, we are just shite at killing diddy (or any) teams off.

The referee Manuir was terrible, clueless, as show in the drop ball incident. Useless, but again not the reason Hibernian struggled.

Well done the 5500 or so Hibs fans that came along, especially the 50 Since 1875 folk who tried ot create an atmosphere. We deserve so much more, so ,so much more.

Man of the match is a tough one, although you would not think so given the efforts. Two players spring to mind, Flo Kamberi who was given the man of the match by the sponsors. I like Flo, you all might have known that any way, he is a good laddie. He scored, cause carnage, had a lovely touch. Next week we start the rumour that the Grasshoppers scouts are there. Next again week Sion, the nesx again Servette, no sure about Young Boys.

For me though, its Mr Hibs, Lewis Stevenson. He was superb, blood, guts, thunder and effort. The Millennial Erich Schaedler.

Next week, a shoogly St Johnstone. I fear for us this season, even against team struggling like us. How the fuck did that happen?

Hibernian Forever!

Last edited:
Good and accurate assessment. Our new signings are all atrocious with the exception obviously off Allan and an impressive Middleton. Great to see Lewis Stevenson back who was excellent and Sir David Gray who sadly got injured again. Vela was blowing out his arse the second half and totally anonymous. FFS if 350K Doidge isn't starting in a home cup game v Morton.... Kamberi was superb. You'd think he had scouts to impress. Heckingbottom is a clueless fud that stands arms crossed smirking throughout. High press game? Don't make me fuckin laugh. Something stinks at the moment.

I thought our back 4 and goalie were absolutely atrocious today. The rest of the team bailed them out.

Cracking cup tie though and a lot of credit must go to Morton for there willingness to have a go.

Still not sorted out the turnstiles so I missed kick off. With a 6k crowd. Jesus. Take note Ron.

Vela scored but it really just hit him, the hard work was done by the crosser.

You’ve got to hope that the team is gelling, but I suspect we are a couple of bodies and a lot of hard work from a decent team.

The football could be easier on the eye, and when we switch off, we switch off big time.

Thanks Mark unlike the Hibs , you get better and better.
For me , Jackson and Vela are imposters, fukin pish.
Slivka drives me mad , he just doesn't seem to care. Murray can play football, but not with grown men.
I
2 nil up and cruising ,then to throw it away is a worrying sign. I don't dare think what better teams will do to us, our defence is so unorganized. The keeper has a pony tail , so he can fuk right off.

Big long diagonal balls , as a tactic can fuk right off as well.

Pluses
We scored 5. Kamberi was back, Scott Allan is a joy, Horgan gives a hour of endeavour , passion and some skill.

Our manager??????? I'm not convinced , but we should hold our nerve for a few more games, but I think he has bitten off more than he can chew I suspect.

Liked the look Middleton, some of the link up with him and Scott Allan was superb

Liked the look Middleton, some of the link up with him and Scott Allan was superb

Delightful first touch the laddie has.

Thanks for report M.

The good, the bad and the ugly. Lewy, Middleton and SDG will get the benefit from playing. As badly short of match fitness.

As a unit the defence and keeper were poor.

Centre midfield is a worry. Lacks legs, energy and physicality. That can only be fixed by signing new players.

Hopefully, Doidge can push on after scoring. Looks a poor player.

I thought Fraser Murray did enough to start next week

Delightful first touch the laddie has.

That touch he brought down to give Allan to go on to score was sublime.

On Hols just now so I was looking forward to this thread , sadly I think it's only a matter of time now for Hecky .
I really hope the board can get some players and not just hope everything will be ok.

Back 4 is disastrous, needs addressing or we need a defensive player in front of the defence to protect our dodgy back line.

Defence look old and slow, going forward we have plenty of threat especially with the fantastic Middleton, we don't have a defensive midfielder Vela isn't it and neither is Slivka, playing one striker pish at home against Morton (no offence) but if we had Flo with Doidge the game would have been out of sight by HT, 9 goals conceeded in two games, once again the defence needs sorting and if we lose both Flo and Rocky we are totally screwed. If we do sell them both I wouldn't trust Heck with any of that money.

Maybe if Heck & Co had the players in working longer we would look and feel more fit. FFS he gave the players the day off after the mauling of the scum last week, get them fucking earning their money you soft Yorkshire Twat.

Last edited:
Bad times when hibs score 5 and I'm still glad I didn't go

In addition to those 3 goals, Maxwell also had several other near misses, he's a fucking liability. Why bench Marciano when by all accounts he was the only one to come out of last Sunday with any credit

I thought Murray did OK, and unlike a number of others appeared to actually give a shit.

Whilst we had some periods of good play and were unlucky not to get a couple more goals in the second, there were long spells of hoofing the ball aimlessly around the park where we were a total shambles. For the last 20 mins you knew there was an equaliser coming, we were awful.

Christ, I hope we don't sell Kamberi, he was one of the few positives today

The wife’s cousin is trolling me:

See you next season B (unless you get a defence/sell Kamberi and replace/and/or we pass you on the way up) ?

I was listening to Radio Scotland via that new fangled interweb-type thing. This meant that I got updates from that semi-literate, inarticulate, gushing, gash-nosed gobshite, and all round horrible hertzkunt Allan Preston. What. A. Phanny. Every time we scored he sounded like he'd farted and followed through. Every time they scored he sounded like he'd just ejaculated.

Either way, upon hearing that they'd equalised after 90 minutes, I feared a Hamilton Accies-play-off-esque penalties defeat. Thankfully we persevered and we're through, though. However, if you believe AP, one of the greatest travesties in refereeing history occurred for our 4th. I've yet to see it; so I'll reserve my judgement.

Holistically, the positives are:
1) we won and we're through to the next round;
2) Scotty and Flo both scoring and seemingly playing well; and
3) Two of the new boys scoring. I'm especially pleased for Doidge, because, all jokes aside, we want our strikers scoring regularly and gaining in confidence.

While, conversely, the negatives are:
1) Our inability to hold on to a lead against a team in the lower tier - twice - is very concerning;
2) Conceding equalisers - via ogs - in the last minute of each half is very concerning; and
3) Our defence appears to have more orifices than an Amsterdam bordello.

Still, it's Saturday night and the Hibs won, scoring five goals. I'm happy.

But we will need to play better next week against the Super Js.

Won't we?
I bet Biscuits didnae mention the assault on Scott Allan in the centre circle in the second half.

I wasn't overly impressed by Middleton . He did okay, that's the best I could say.
The Huns haven't loaned him out for No reason.

I wasn't overly impressed by Middleton . He did okay, that's the best I could say.
The Huns haven't loaned him out for No reason.

He got loaned out because Gerrard hasn't given the laddie a chance, his loss and our gain.

Well no long in after driving through a tropical storm on the way home. It wisnae the only storm that I might have been involved in today, with Morton scoring in the 90th minute and the pitchforks and knives being drawn for our dour Yorkshireman and a few of our piss poor players. Boos echoed round the ground at the end of 90 minutes. I dinnae boo ma team, but I fully understood the folk that did, too many of our players were rotten. But we are through, two extra time goals and it disnae seem quite as bad.

5-3 will have non attenders thinking it was a good game. Dinnae, just dinnae.

It would be easy for me to moan and groan, I will say my peice on the poor performances in due course but I thought I might start this Just Back with some of the positives today, there were a few. The return of Lewis and Sir David makes me proud, it also makes Hibernian a better team. Glenn Middleton had a very decent first game, and I look forward to him producing the goods, he is a player. Scott Allan's passing and movement is a joy to behold, his pass for Flo's second was a Scotty special. Daryll Horgan looked busy and dangerous, but couldnae cross himself today. Finally Florian Kamberi played like a man possessed, I thought he was magnificent, scored two, involved in others. Gossip round the small crowd was scouts were in the stand. Flo's performance has me in a panic. If I was a cash rich Swiss Club looking for a striker, a Big Swiss striker, 2 million quid is nowt. It will be a disaster for Hibs though.

Shape, well its the Hecky the on Trick Pony Show there, 4, 3 2 1, at home to Morton. Worse is all the unnecessary changes. 11 games in, we have not started the same team once. You are not Pep Guadiola pal. To counter that, even Hecky has spotted how guff Newell is, he was an unused sub.

6500 at the game, with at least 750 Morton fans should have our custodians shiting their knickers, the stupid prices and the poor performances are what chase fans away, of my normal 7, 2 attended today.

The negatives, well there were many, Daz off injured early, Sir Dave off injured, the central defensive performances of Hanlon and Jackson, the vanishing act that is Josh Vela, the invisible man, the final confirmation that Slivka is not and never will be a defensive midfielder and has the heart of a mouse, which is about the same size as Velas. A goalie with nothing really to do that loses three goals. Rotating keepers for nae reason, one is far better than the other. Fucking Alice Bands. The weird away kit used as a goalies kit? The fact only one Hibernian player knows how to header a ball properly, one. The collapse after cruising for 38 minutes, which was a defensive and midfield shambles. I actually dont think we could have done anything at either own goal, both were attempts to clear dangerous balls. I would question Jackson at both, and possibly the third goal. At 3 3 I thought we might get beat. 40 minutes later I had no idea why I thought that as Morton's battery went flat.

Another negative, well I got in first time with my season, nae bother. An old pal was turned away and told to go the ticket office and join the long queue of complainers. He had topped up his season ticket but it didnae let him in saying he had not, he told them that he had, but he had no proof (take proof to a game, ffs) so was told to buy another ticket or move away from the window by that lassie from Glasgow City who has one of those 'dae we really need people to do this job' roles. My mate is Hibs daft, he disnae cheat the club, he paid his way, but had to buy a second ticket today if he wanted to get in and was told to come back and prove purchase if he wants his money back. Like me, he disnae live in Edinburgh. If he was right, do they cover expenses?

The team

Maxwell - Had nowt to do yet lost three goals. Looks overweight and takes an eternity to get the ball out.

Lewis - Magnificent, welcome back pal. Any player who would like to learn how to tackle hard, win the ball and show effort and passion for 120 minutes after being injured all pre season, watch the man, he is a star.

Daz - Went off early injured.

Paul was rotten, all game, soft, slow, indisisive, possibly past it.

Sir David Gray, the Captian of Hibernian Football Club on the day we won the Scottish Cup on the 21st of May 2016, scoring the winning header in the 92nd minuted to secure a 3-2 victory, ensuring the position of superhero for the rest of his careeer, went off hurt, we missed him. Hibernian are simply better when Lewis and David play, injured or not.

Slivka was a waste of jersey. Dinnae get me wrong, he was involved, involved in winning the ball sometimes and playing it back immediately, involved in crapping out of challenges and bringing very little to the team.

Vela is a chancer, he hides, he let Slivka be fall guy, he is no ball winning midfielder, he is a shirker. I am very disappointed, very disappointed. He scored, I would have too, am 53 and have a gammy ankle.

Scotty Allan. Sigh. He scored a cracker, linking up with Middleton and laid on a beauty for Flo's second. I dont think Scott plays 2 hours often, he looked bushed last 10 of extra time, his face was beetroot. Great player though.

Glenn Middleton had a good debute, he will get better after tiring second half. Reminds me of Ivan Sproule with a better touch. He linked well with Flo and Scotty. No that handsome, but we all ken that song. :27:

Daryll Horgan also gave us a decent performance, although his final ball was honking. He tired badly second half though. I like him, he is a tanner ba' player, look it up if ye dinnae ken.

Flo was immense, superb, full of deft touches, goals, strength, fantastic to see him back to his best. Pity arseholes cannae see it and think he is the player who's confidence was destroyed by Lennon. Scored two.

Subs

Jackson replaced Daz after 15 or so minutes. He can play a lovely 40 yard pass, very accurately. Pity he is a garbage centre half. He was at fault at two, possible three of the Morton goals. 4th of 4 for me, and I dinnae rate Paul any more!

Whitts replaced Sir Dave with 15 to go of normal time, he done just fine. The dafties who think its clever to moan about him want to shut their holes. Slavering idiots.

Murray replaced Middleton with 10 to go of normal time. I really want Fraser to succeed, but he wont with in and out performances like that. Not strong enough, although playing beside jessies like Slivka and Vela, its easy to pick up bad habits.

Christian Doidge came on at the start of extra time for a shattered Daryll with the League Cup law of a 4th sub allowed for extra time. I know he can easily be lumped in with the other pish poor signings, I dont think he should be. He scored a clever goal and worked well with Flo and looked very pleased to have done so. I am good with him.

The Management, well, I could be a moaning arsehole with the shambles of a defensive performance, but I put that down to Hanlon, Jackson, Vela and Slivka mostly. We looked decent going forward, without the waste of space that you signed, Newell, glad you noted that. Flo starting was a positive stroke too, the performance of Middleton and Horgan, supported by Scottie were all positives. Stick to the shape but answer uptairs to the beancounters as fans stop coming along, reminding them that prices are stupid. We support Hibernian, not the puddle drinkers, hoof ball, lumpin fuck players, they are not what we pay our hard earned to see. Sort it out, the lot of you, and as been pointed out this week, there are plenty of you.

Morton, they were well organised, Hopkins teams are, good crowd following them to visit the big city. They will do well this season I think. Boy with the fucking stupid looking man bun was decent before dying after an hour. I hear they claimed in the press they were the better team, fuck off Craig Brown and Billy Brown, naw ye wurnae, we are just shite at killing diddy (or any) teams off.

The referee Manuir was terrible, clueless, as show in the drop ball incident. Useless, but again not the reason Hibernian struggled.

Well done the 5500 or so Hibs fans that came along, especially the 50 Since 1875 folk who tried ot create an atmosphere. We deserve so much more, so ,so much more.

Man of the match is a tough one, although you would not think so given the efforts. Two players spring to mind, Flo Kamberi who was given the man of the match by the sponsors. I like Flo, you all might have known that any way, he is a good laddie. He scored, cause carnage, had a lovely touch. Next week we start the rumour that the Grasshoppers scouts are there. Next again week Sion, the nesx again Servette, no sure about Young Boys.

For me though, its Mr Hibs, Lewis Stevenson. He was superb, blood, guts, thunder and effort. The Millennial Erich Schaedler.

Next week, a shoogly St Johnstone. I fear for us this season, even against team struggling like us. How the fuck did that happen?

Hibernian Forever!
Thanks for the report. Was working today so didn't get up to the game. Had radio Scotland on in the car Celtic game was on and they were having a hard time against the Pars with goal flashes coming in from other matches "there's been another goal from Easter Road and it's now Hibs 2 Morton 0".Git in! Before the game I thought 2-0 would the way we've been playing of late be a fair result although you'd expect to win by more.
Parked the car went into Lidl for a couple of things ,wee spring in ma step2-0 ,could maybe score a couple more in second half, no don't be greedy, full time 2-0settle for that.
Now I've got a love/hate relationship with Lidl love the low prices but hate the fact you intend going in for just a loaf of bread and end up coming out with a chain saw and an inflatable kayak.
No, no not this time got my bread and milk and like a Heckingbottom game plan went route 1 to the check out answered the default "How are we today?"from the cashier with some random reply and legged it back to the car.
Radio on, heading home..more Celtic pish.....Oh well least Griffiths seems to be getting plenty of the ball Leigh I wish you'd return. Hold that result "and there's been another goal from Easter Road and it's Stevenson...." Ya beauty..."who's turned it into his own net " WHAT!!!! Bastard! "that makes it 2-2 whaaaaaat 2fkin 2? How did that happen I only went in for milk and bread.
Got home to my boys who were ranting 2 up and cruising and then we blow it! The mood was far from good.
Just kept checking results on phone till the 5-3final whistle.
Jesus at this stage of the season thank fuck it's been pishy opposition or we'd be out.
I'm not exactly brimming with confidence about meeting St Johnstone especially on past form.
Like I said never saw the game but against a team which on paper we should have beaten comfortably why oh why is it still 1 striker. Are we shiting it to play 2 against a team like Morton. You'd think it's the ideal game to play 2 up front to get them playing together and forming an understanding of each other.
Unless of course the plan for the season is to still stick with 1 upfront.
Very very concerned.

The game became far more difficult than it should have been. Totally cruising 2-0 up and then Morton were allowed to come right back into it and they fought really hard to take the game to extra time. Hibs had just too much in the end though. Our goals were superb, however our defending was terrible and more about that later.

To be honest I thought Middleton had a quiet uneventful debut. He did well to set up Allan for his goal, but I was a bit disappointed we didn't see much of the pace we had heard so much about. I thought Fraser Murray was just as effective as Middleton was when he came on. Kamberi was outstanding. Easily MOTM. His movement was excellent and he took his goals brilliantly. Doidge also took his goal really well after a great through ball from Slivka. Vela took his goal well and was looking for the ball all the time, the problem with him is he is not anywhere near fit or mobile enough. He looks like he is going to take some time to get used to the game up here and this is a concern. Morton played very well as a team and attacked us down the flanks knowing that Gray and Stevenson would be rusty which they undoubtedly were. I was impressed by Rennie their left sided midfielder. Jackson played some fantastic crossfield passes but he was part of a defence that (a) lacked cohesion throughout and (b) was not protected properly by our midfield.

Watching Hibs today the overriding concerns I have are fitness, lack of aggression in midfield, and mobility. Omeonga has been a huge loss. We also do not have a proper defensive midfielder to shore things up when required. I can't understand when we failed to get Omeonga and McNulty back why we have not brought in two similar types of player to compensate ? We have lost the energy and drive we had and the manager has to do something about that soon. We have no real physical presence in midfield where we were outmuscled too easily today...and absolutely nobody who can win the ball back. In general, we were far too soft through the middle and that is the biggest concern for me. I am also concerned at the overall fitness of the team and I don't just mean physical fitness to play 90 minutes which a few of our players seem to have great difficulty coping with. We have too many ageing crocks. McGregor...off injured again after only 12 minutes. Gray and Stevenson..still clearly very rusty after long lay offs. Hanlon...half the player he was before his injury. We have to get some sort of solidity and energy into this team from somewhere. The balance isn't right in midfield. We need ball winners to compliment the creative players we now have.

Anyway..five super goals scored, but defensively fragile which is a worry. Early days though. We did what we had to do. Eventually.

Last edited:
When’s porteous back? Could really be doing with him in the defence, he may be rash into the tackle at times but at least we will have 1 defender on the park that can actually defend.

The game became far more difficult than it should have been. Totally cruising 2-0 up and then Morton were allowed to come right back into it and they fought really hard to take the game to extra time. Hibs had just too much in the end though. Our goals were superb, however our defending was terrible and more about that later.

To be honest I thought Middleton had a quiet uneventful debut. He did well to set up Allan for his goal, but I was a bit disappointed we didn't see much of the pace we had heard so much about. I thought Fraser Murray was just as effective as Middleton was when he came on. Kamberi was outstanding. Easily MOTM. His movement was excellent and he took his goals brilliantly. Doidge also took his goal really well after a great through ball from Fraser Murray. Vela took his goal well and was looking for the ball all the time, the problem with him is he is not anywhere near fit or mobile enough. He looks like he is going to take some time to get used to the game up here and this is a concern. Morton played very well as a team and attacked us down the flanks knowing that Gray and Stevenson would be rusty which they undoubtedly were. I was impressed by Rennie their left sided midfielder. Jackson played some fantastic crossfield passes but he was part of a defence that (a) lacked cohesion throughout and (b) was not protected properly by our midfield.

Watching Hibs today the overriding concern I have is fitness, lack of aggression and and mobility. Omeonga has been a huge miss. We also do not have a proper defensive midfielder to shore things up when required. I can't understand when we failed to get Omeonga and McNulty back why we have not brought in two similar types of player to compensate ? We have lost the energy and drive we had and the manager has to do something about that soon. We have no real physical presence in midfield where we were outmuscled too easily today...and absolutely nobody who can win the ball back. In general,we were far too soft through the middle and that is the biggest concern for me. I am also concerned at the overall fitness of the team and I don't just mean physical fitness to play 90 minutes which a few of our players seem to have great difficulty coping with. We have too many ageing crocks. McGregor...off injured again after only 12 minutes. Gray and Stevenson..still clearly very rusty after long lay offs. Hanlon...half the player he was before his injury. We have to get some sort of solidity and energy into this team from somewhere. The balance isn't right in midfield. We need ball winners to compliment the creative players we now have.

Anyway..five super goals scored, but defensively fragile which is a worry. Early days though. We did what we had to do. Eventually.
Didn't see the game or goals but heard Velas was a bit of a tap in with good work from Horgan. Never the less good to see new boys on the score sheet.
Hanlon has come in for a bit of stick recently seems like he's had a bad one today but he has had good performances and it's a bit too soon to write him off.
As you point out fitness seems to be an issue which is puzzling because Heckingbottom was bragging about buying players and getting them in early great but what have they been doing. Should have been up to speed....literally.

Didn't see the game or goals but heard Velas was a bit of a tap in with good work from Horgan. Never the less good to see new boys on the score sheet.
Hanlon has come in for a bit of stick recently seems like he's had a bad one today but he has had good performances and it's a bit too soon to write him off.
As you point out fitness seems to be an issue which is puzzling because Heckingbottom was bragging about buying players and getting them in early great but what have they been doing. Should have been up to speed....literally.
It is a worry. Morton looked to have more energy than Hibs today.

It is mate, maybe it's all the irn bru they drink through there.

Positives - Kamberi MOTM performance, Scotty putting in a real shift. Lewis back, although it took him 45 mins to get up to speed. Decent debut for Middleton, Horgan tries, but does not always succeed. We're through, scored 5 good goals, unlucky not to score more.
Negatives - Hanlon, WTF? Vela & Slivka invisible. Jackson was poor, Murray was poor (looked uninterested?). The whole team looked like they had no plan, no direction, no clue to what each individual role should be - this is down to management. 3 awful goals to lose. Fitness levels looked low for many of our players.
Ref and linesman, the usual out of their depth performance, although Vela's tackle leading to our 4th was fine, despite Morton's hysterics.
We look like a team without direction.

Thanks Mark unlike the Hibs , you get better and better.
For me , Jackson and Vela are imposters, fukin pish.
Slivka drives me mad , he just doesn't seem to care. Murray can play football, but not with grown men.
I
2 nil up and cruising ,then to throw it away is a worrying sign. I don't dare think what better teams will do to us, our defence is so unorganized. The keeper has a pony tail , so he can fuk right off.

Big long diagonal balls , as a tactic can fuk right off as well.

Pluses
We scored 5. Kamberi was back, Scott Allan is a joy, Horgan gives a hour of endeavour , passion and some skill.

Our manager??????? I'm not convinced , but we should hold our nerve for a few more games, but I think he has bitten off more than he can chew I suspect.
We didn't score 5 we scored 7.Ok two of them were at the wrong end.

Reactions: NGP
Positives - Kamberi MOTM performance, Scotty putting in a real shift. Lewis back, although it took him 45 mins to get up to speed. Decent debut for Middleton, Horgan tries, but does not always succeed. We're through, scored 5 good goals, unlucky not to score more.
Negatives - Hanlon, WTF? Vela & Slivka invisible. Jackson was poor, Murray was poor (looked uninterested?). The whole team looked like they had no plan, no direction, no clue to what each individual role should be - this is down to management. 3 awful goals to lose. Fitness levels looked low for many of our players.
Ref and linesman, the usual out of their depth performance, although Vela's tackle leading to our 4th was fine, despite Morton's hysterics.
We scored 7 goals.

Reactions: NGP
It is mate, maybe it's all the irn bru they drink through there.
It went flat after 90 then.

We didn't score 5 we scored 7.Ok two of them were at the wrong end.
I think they should make another new rule. If you score an o.g. you should get half a goal and they should get half a goal....seems fair to me.
Then you could have players from both teams celebrating together..even the fans, just think of the atmosphere and the poor sod who turned it into his own net wouldn't feel like a proper c**t.
Mr.Power could you put this to the new man at the top. I'd think he'd like it.

Did not attend today and have made none of our preseason games. Unfortunately uninspired by our manager or the signings. Hopefully I will be inspired next week GGTTH

No too dissimilar to others on here,
Thought Hibs were impressive in parts and really naive at defending at others.
2-0 we should really be cruising ... but we gave a sniff and with a bit of luck Morton were back equal and right in it.
At half time, I still thought we would have enough - but maybe was a bit over confident in what that looked like tbh.

Hibs of 25,20,15,10 and 5 years ago would’ve lost that today. Absolutely they would’ve. What to take fae that and winning 5-3, I dunno? The Hibs goals were very, very good btw.

Comon Hibernian, play up.

Last edited:

Erm just a bit.... Any team in our division with more energy than us who will obviously have more ability than Morton and we will be in trouble.

Murray was poor? He created more chances than Middleton when he came on, he whipped in a few corners that we should have scored from. I thought the laddie played well. Opinions eh?

Murray was poor? He created more chances than Middleton when he came on, he whipped in a few corners that we should have scored from. I thought the laddie played well. Opinions eh?

Hit the post too.

Hit the post too.
Forgot about that. ?

Can we no just put Lewis in the mythical defensive mid role? He made his bones there and his game is perfect for it, the Fife Kante. Punt Plums, use cash to get a solid younger lb.

Great report 1875, will just add my thoughts:
- Great to have Lewy back, you can tell he's not 100% but I think he will re-stablish fitness quickly,
- Guess we're lucky there are no replays at this stage, mind you at full time felt, not another half an hour of this!
- Jackson looks flat-footed tbh and Doige looks unfit, fortunately not of Kuki-esque proportions!
- Quite funny David Hopkin getting sent to the stand. I don't mind the guy, would love to know what he said!
- I thought Fraser Murray was ok, plenty endeavour there
- Morton looked fitter, or at least as fit as us

Last edited:
Not afraid to say, i left at the end of 90 minutes, i knew it was ET but could not torture myself with any more... Morton totally controlled the 2nd half, absolutely shocking from Hibs

Middleton struggled to beat a man first half and went missing in the second half.
Where as Murray came on and was positive and constantly involved in play. Should be starting next week.

This thread has been viewed 4811 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50