• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Just back and that was underwhelming

Takes a lot out of you trying hoofball in these conditions.

Much prefer defenders playing it from the back.

Which he has been doing in his previous couple of games. I would put yesterday down to shite conditions and three at the back due to having very few defenders to pick from.

Which he has been doing in his previous couple of games. I would put yesterday down to shite conditions and three at the back due to having very few defenders to pick from.

Something I've often wondered mate, do you watch games again on the telly when back hame from actually being at a game. I'd be interested if you'd change any of your opinions when watching the full game on telly? Yesterday I wasn't there and couldn't believe how bad we were. I thought we were utterly horrendous. First twenty minutes of the second half I thought we were out played and out fought. I agreed with every word of your just back but thought maybe at the actual game it wasn't as bad as it looked on telly. Maybe having been there you are just better recognising the conditions?

Something I've often wondered mate, do you watch games again on the telly when back hame from actually being at a game. I'd be interested if you'd change any of your opinions when watching the full game on telly? Yesterday I wasn't there and couldn't believe how bad we were. I thought we were utterly horrendous. First twenty minutes of the second half I thought we were out played and out fought. I agreed with every word of your just back but thought maybe at the actual game it wasn't as bad as it looked on telly. Maybe having been there you are just better recognising the conditions?

I NEVER re-watch the full game after (excluding THAT Cup Final). I dont take notes either. Indeed I don't even record Hibs games on TV as I think I bring them bad luck when I do that! I do generally watch the highlights on You Tube, Twatter or the BBC.

As you see from the posting times of my Just Back's, I get home and write what I saw (and can remember). I do take on board what others have seen in the course of the subsequent thread, as I may have missed or got something wrong due to my seat, my unconsious bias or not seeing every move every second because I needed a slash, a pie, both or was blethering to my pals, sons, or nephew, but the Just Back's are just that, my opinion of the event, as a Hibs fan attending Hibs games.

I know the much missed SKII did the exact same.

I NEVER re-watch the full game after (excluding THAT Cup Final). I dont take notes either. Indeed I don't even record Hibs games on TV as I think I bring them bad luck when I do that! I do generally watch the highlights on You Tube, Twatter or the BBC.

As you see from the posting times of my Just Back's, I get home and write what I saw (and can remember). I do take on board what others have seen in the course of the subsequent thread, as I may have missed or got something wrong due to my seat, my unconsious bias or not seeing every move every second because I needed a slash, a pie, both or was blethering to my pals, sons, or nephew, but the Just Back's are just that, my opinion of the event, as a Hibs fan attending Hibs games.

I know the much missed SKII did the exact same.

Your Just Backs are the best part of the Bounce because it's written from a true Hibby who was actually at the game. And where is SKII? ?

Your Just Backs are the best part of the Bounce because it's written from a true Hibby who was actually at the game. And where is SKII? ?

Thank you.

SKII is in Sevilla as I type, took in the Betis Barca game last night, and he is earning a well earned break from the bounce.

Takes a lot out of you trying hoofball in these conditions.

Much prefer defenders playing it from the back.
Playing football in those conditions is almost impossible.
Playing against a wind is hard work. It's very difficult to gauge the weight of a pass playing into a strong wind. I thought both teams did reasonably well against the wind.
The same problems exist playing with a wind. A normal pass simply takes off with the wind.
Not good to play in, and shite to watch.

So basically to beat the wind,he thought it would be a better idea putting it into the air all the time.

Thank you.

SKII is in Sevilla as I type, took in the Betis Barca game last night, and he is earning a well earned break from the bounce.

Aye I've seen his FB updates. He gets aroond that laddie....

So basically to beat the wind,he thought it would be a better idea putting it into the air all the time.

He didnt though, did he? Most passes from him went to Omeonga or Docherty (as Boyler was reported missing).

Aye I've seen his FB updates. He gets aroond that laddie....

His 6 month ban must be just about up?

:sm113:

Out played and outfought?We won 4-1.And yes I was there.

Out played and outfought?We won 4-1.And yes I was there.

I said the first twenty minutes of the second half. I didn't say the game in its entirety. Keep up!

I said the first twenty minutes of the second half. I didn't say the game in its entirety. Keep up!
I've been "keeping up" and I'm thinking exactly the same as Moaty. According to your post, we were "bad" and "horrendous". That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Never at any point in the game did I think we were horrendous, even when Louis had three on him at their goal, as @1875 stated, because Louis gives 100 percent every game. We have three big defenders but none of them picked up a big guy after the ball was crossed in to our box, leaving Louis looking like a numpty.
First ten to fifteen minutes of the second half was BSC's best spell, to the extent they missed a sitter when Hanlon missed an incoming cross and their striker sclaffed it. Something not raised thus far is the wind, fierce as it was, was swirling and gusting so that every clearance invariably ended up not quite where it was intended; not an excuse for our erratic play at times, but a meteorological fact.
Unlike @1875, I watch every recording I have made of a game, to see whether we were as bad as some Bouncers would have us believe, or who exactly cost us a goal, or whether the Ref was indeed as bad as I thought. But, again as @1875 has stated often, the game on zitelli is a different product from watching it live. Zitelli has its advantages but is never as good as watching from the terraces, because you see the runs off the ball, the effort - or lack of - by players, and much more, as you well know, but it has to be something major to change your original opinion. Wind, slope, plastic pitch, lower league cloggers, and the Scottish Cup X-factor all contributed to a dangerous banana-skin game yesterday that Hibs negotiated. Two rounds of the Cup so far, and two games that most teams would be delighted to avoid. Cannae whack it !!

Can't really fault where we've ended up and I expect the players and manager won't that be bothered by criticism - after all their job is to get us to the point we're at and the rest is talk.

But it was pretty underwhelming. I felt we risked losing control of the tie at the start of the second half, largely because we played shoddily and in large part without a great deal of effort or dominance. Had they got an equaliser I'm not sure we'd have found fourth or even third gear and we might have been be facing a nasty replay or worse.

One small thing, and something that I hope isn't anything more than a brief spat: it seemed to me that Boyle and Doidge were having a go at each other quite a bit?

I've been "keeping up" and I'm thinking exactly the same as Moaty. According to your post, we were "bad" and "horrendous". That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Never at any point in the game did I think we were horrendous, even when Louis had three on him at their goal, as @1875 stated, because Louis gives 100 percent every game. We have three big defenders but none of them picked up a big guy after the ball was crossed in to our box, leaving Louis looking like a numpty.

All about opinions. I stand by mine that I thought that overall it was a horrendous performance. A superb save from Marciano and a missed sitter and they've scored three. Not many players could come off that park feeling they'd played well. In fact I'd say most couldn't say they played well.

I stand by my opinion that we were out fought and out thought the opening 15-20 minutes of that second half. At no point from memory did we threaten their goal and they had the upper hand.

One thing that's not an opinion though is that it's Lewis Stevenson not Louis. So you are not "keeping up" too well.

First ten to fifteen minutes of the second half was BSC's best spell, to the extent they missed a sitter when Hanlon missed an incoming cross and their striker sclaffed it. Something not raised thus far is the wind, fierce as it was, was swirling and gusting so that every clearance invariably ended up not quite where it was intended; not an excuse for our erratic play at times, but a meteorological fact.
Unlike @1875, I watch every recording I have made of a game, to see whether we were as bad as some Bouncers would have us believe, or who exactly cost us a goal, or whether the Ref was indeed as bad as I thought. But, again as @1875 has stated often, the game on zitelli is a different product from watching it live. Zitelli has its advantages but is never as good as watching from the terraces, because you see the runs off the ball, the effort - or lack of - by players, and much more, as you well know, but it has to be something major to change your original opinion. Wind, slope, plastic pitch, lower league cloggers, and the Scottish Cup X-factor all contributed to a dangerous banana-skin game yesterday that Hibs negotiated. Two rounds of the Cup so far, and two games that most teams would be delighted to avoid. Cannae whack it !!
Excellent post.

All about opinions. I stand by mine that I thought that overall it was a horrendous performance. A superb save from Marciano and a missed sitter and they've scored three. Not many players could come off that park feeling they'd played well. In fact I'd say most couldn't say they played well.

I stand by my opinion that we were out fought and out thought the opening 15-20 minutes of that second half. At no point from memory did we threaten their goal and they had the upper hand.

One thing that's not an opinion though is that it's Lewis Stevenson not Louis. So you are not "keeping up" too well.
Spot on with the Louis point. Predictive text, eh. I know from being a former teacher of English I have never made a spelling error before - but have made thousands of typing errors!! But with predictive text, you knew I was going to say that.
As I stated, you are indeed entitled to your opinion but you were watching a different game from the one I saw.

Put it another way we were outplayed and outfought for 20% of the game, and so I suppose we outplayed and outfought the other mob for the other 80% of the game. Which is probably why we whacked them 4-1.

Spot on with the Louis point. Predictive text, eh. I know from being a former teacher of English I have never made a spelling error before - but have made thousands of typing errors!! But with predictive text, you knew I was going to say that.
As I stated, you are indeed entitled to your opinion but you were watching a different game from the one I saw.

Hope you took it in the humour intended. ??

I’ve seen a few horrendous Hibs performances, I’m sure we all have. No way was Sunday that. Horrendous displays never result in 4 goal victories.

I thought we were gash but in the cup I'm taking the win

That was a lose lose game for us really.

We won which is all that matters in knock out tournaments.

That said, it is frightening how flimsy our defence is.

Some people think we were outthought and outfought.Others thought it wasnae that blowy.It's my contention that we did fine considering the conditions and the pitch.It was blowy, rainy and sunny all at once and if you had 100% possesion with no threats at goal it wouldnae be a game of football.We won quite easily in a game not easy on the eye and I doubt very much that'll be the lineup on Wednesday.We're in the cup other teams arnae.

I'm going to throw something out there that probably won't be popular and also preface I didn't see the game. But when you know you have it in the bag, I'd rather players back off or fade a bit out of the game and don't give 100% so they don't burn themselves out and risk injury. I don't really care what the scoreline is and would rather it be 4-1 and players remain intact then win 8-0 with two injuries.

This thread has been viewed 5836 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75