• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

Just back and that was total shite....

moathibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I agree with 99% of what you say Mark,butI don't think I'd put Grey in.He doesn't look fit to me.Gawd knows what we do now.I've a feeling getting rid of Hecky is a bit of a kneejerk after a terrible display.But I don't mind being proven wrong .But who on earth do you get in.The guy that didnae get the job?

Plasticman

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
That must have hurt as much to write as my eyes were by having to watch it.
Horrible. I'm not usually a sack the manager type, but I will make an exception for this one - not fancied him from the off (despite some decent results when he took over)

aggie

Justified Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
- I want to hear Newell continuing to start games explained to me, to us.
- I want to hear the total passivity and complete lack of urgency explained to me, to us.
- I want to hear why we were beaten to Ojo by fuckin Aberdeen when it looked all but a done deal explained to me, to us.
- I want to hear why we are done in the market when all we've signed is a handful of journeymen and we have one striker worth the name explained to me, to us.
- I want to hear why we are expected to "pony up" for a fuckin PowerLeague pitch when we are getting fuckall for our ST money on the pitch as it is explained to me, to us.

- @Power , I don't expect you to be able to ask these questions, or have them answered, but I have every faith that you will make sure that the powers that be at the club know that we are supporters, not customers or fuckin clients, and we won't have the pish ripped out of us.

Goals&Glory

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
- I want to hear the total passivity and complete lack of urgency explained to me, to us.
- I want to hear why we were beaten to Ojo by fuckin Aberdeen when it looked all but a done deal explained to me, to us.
- I want to hear why we are done in the market when all we've signed is a handful of journeymen and we have one striker worth the name explained to me, to us.
- I want to hear why we are expected to "pony up" for a fuckin PowerLeague pitch when we are getting fuckall for our ST money on the pitch as it is explained to me, to us.

- @Power , I don't expect you to be able to ask these questions, or have them answered, but I have every faith that you will make sure that the powers that be at the club know that we are supporters, not customers or fuckin clients, and we won't have the pish ripped out of us.
100% spot on.

SuperTortolano

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge

Add to that who's fucking bright idea was it to give both Daz and SDG four year contracts. They won't be first choice in 12 months, never mind four years. I know they are contracted to do things behind the scenes, but fit able players on the pitch should be a priority.

MSG_07

Bounce Radge
Allowing a 5'7, 36 year old to score a header is unforgivable. What's worse is we had x2 defenders attempting to clear their lines and failing miserably. School boy stuff. 34 shots to our 6! Where does Hecky start next week...

I think the only way Hibs could redeem themselves to the fans is to win empathically the coming Saturday, 10-0 would be a good start. No doubt one up front against Morton at home.

Last edited:

joethehibby

Bounce Radge
I am not convinced we will compete with the rest of the league. On current evidence we will struggle to avoid the relegation zone. Our only bright lights are Allan and to a lesser extent Kamberi, so our margin for any sort of success relies on them remaining fit....!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
And Rocky

joethehibby

Bounce Radge
I agree with 99% of what you say Mark,butI don't think I'd put Grey in.He doesn't look fit to me.Gawd knows what we do now.I've a feeling getting rid of Hecky is a bit of a kneejerk after a terrible display.But I don't mind being proven wrong .But who on earth do you get in.The guy that didnae get the job?
JC 🤔

Robert Barone

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge

Amen brother...this clusterfuck of a close season needs to be explained. Even the most optimistic of Hibs fans were worried from early on about the quality of the signings and were baffled as to how they fit into any sort of system or philosophy. They just look like they've been signed at random off a list to make up the numbers.

Add to that..managing not to secure a sponsor..implementing a new turnstile system that clearly doesn't work ( then blaming fans for it) and it has been levels of incompetence I thought we'd consigned to history.

Not fucking happy at all and at the moment and only Heckingbottom resigning could improve my mood. He's a busted flush already and it's only going to get uglier.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

jock3

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
We have to hope S Allans injury is not serious. Perhaps the writing was on the wall getting beat by Arbroath, and struggling against Stirling Albion?

You have to also hope the team will take a good look at themselves after that horrowshow. I couldn't even switch on Sportscene last night.

Bofahibee

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Gray Boot Sponsor
In the cold light of day, what depresses me is that I worry we’re in for a return of that sour atmosphere at ER that we had after relegation. It got so bad I stayed away and just went to away games for the second season. The club needs to work hard to keep folk on side to stop that happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

westsidehibs

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
We have to hope S Allans injury is not serious. Perhaps the writing was on the wall getting beat by Arbroath, and struggling against Stirling Albion?

You have to also hope the team will take a good look at themselves after that horrowshow. I couldn't even switch on Sportscene last night.
We will struggle with Allan not in the team .

Hammi

Top radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
when up against a player of real quality he's caught out.
Same with literally every defender in Scottish football.
If they were better, they'd be gone.

paigntonhibby

Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge

Fuckin spot on

aggie

Justified Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Calmed down a bit now, but I'm no less concerned.

1) There is only one real mitigating factor: the fact is that we have had a good run against Sevco in recent years, but that's really been a result of us (and others, like Aberdeen) capitalising on the turmoil they've been in. In short, they've had a shit team for a good while, so we've been able to lay a glove on them with relative regularity. Now, and believe me it pains me to say this, but the usual equilibrium is returning in tandem with their budget: they are about to join Celtc over the horizon and far away again, and the sharing of positions 1 and 2 by the Uglies will resume, probably until the end of recorded time. Huns bought some defender you've never even heard of for £4.5m, Ron Gordon bought our whole club for 2/3 of that. Just let that sink in.

HOWEVER: no Hibs team should be shipping 6, Ibrox, Parkheid, or anywhere.

2) STF always said that he will only sell to someone who can take Hibernian FC to the next level. But when we were sold, we are then asked to pay more ourselves for yet more infrastructure. What does taking us to the next level look like, in Ron Gordon's eyes? Now, while I realise that the guy is not Sheikh Mansour, right now we look like we're going backwards if anything. And don't get me wrong, I want to see Hibs be involved in the community, but the football side of things should not be considered some kind of vehicle for a local charity organisation. To me, I was surprised to hear very little about football from the guy.

3) The red flags I think we all felt about Heckingbottom were brutally exposed today. For me, those are A) starting from the Celtc cup tie last season, after two managers who would never take a backwards step against the Glasgow scum, we are now back to a manager who looks and sounds beaten in the tunnel, as it were. All that "work in progress" chat before a game at Ibrox, wtf is all that about? B) The footballing style is flat-out boring, and to me reeks of a guy who thinks he's some kind of modern-day genius. We all had a good laugh at Cathro and his iPads - who's laughing now? "Pressing game" is just a phrase - easy to say, but we are not mugs. I fucking know what a pressing game looks like, and this is not it, not even remotely, in fact it's the opposite. Why are you bullshitting us, Paul?

4) Signings. I was prepared to get behind them, because I was pleased by the fact that they were in early, a good age, and signed to the club on permanents. I was also prepared for them to take a bit of time to "gel", "bed in" etc etc. But the fact is, they all look like they have seriously underestimated the Scottish game (PH included, which is doubly unforgivable given he's been here all year), and are being overwhelmed by the pace and intensity. Compare and contrast with SJM, McGeouch, obviously, but also guys like Fraser Fyvie, Jason Cummings - would we take those two over Newell and Doidge when we're in the weeds at Ibrox? I know I would. I know it's still early in the season, but has any of the signings actually made you go "that's a player". Jackson looks decent, but hardly a massive upgrade on prime-era Daz, for instance. And I know I go on about Newell, but it's a disgrace that what he's (not) bringing to the team is even tolerated by a Hibs manager, let alone continue to be an apparent first-pick.

I'm not pressing the nuclear panic button yet, but for the first time since Stubbs was appointed, I have the nagging and deeply troubling feeling that we have potentially made a serious mistake. The last two managers have very obviously "got" Hibs, and seemed really into what they were doing, and enjoying the fact that we like to play a bit of football. I've been desperately trying to feel that with PH, but I can't shake the impression that we're being managed by a man who has the charisma of a regional manager for nPower. It's not a personality contest, I know, but I do feel that at Hibs level of the football food chain in Scotland, you need a guy who can energise, galvanise, inspire. I'm not inspired. I'm the opposite of inspired. If that spreads, we could squander all we've built over the last few years - it's not that long ago that I was sat watching Fenlon's team play in front of 6k at ER. I don't want to go back to that.

We need to go out on the front foot and scud Morton off the park at the weekend. But is anyone confident that we won't labour to a 1-0 win?

Worried today. Really worried.

joethehibby

Bounce Radge

1) There is only one real mitigating factor: the fact is that we have had a good run against Sevco in recent years, but that's really been a result of us (and others, like Aberdeen) capitalising on the turmoil they've been in. In short, they've had a shit team for a good while, so we've been able to lay a glove on them with relative regularity. Now, and believe me it pains me to say this, but the usual equilibrium is returning in tandem with their budget: they are about to join Celtc over the horizon and far away again, and the sharing of positions 1 and 2 by the Uglies will resume, probably until the end of recorded time. Huns bought some defender you've never even heard of for £4.5m, Ron Gordon bought our whole club for 2/3 of that. Just let that sink in.

2) STF always said that he will only sell to someone who can take Hibernian FC to the next level. But when we were sold, we are then asked to pay more ourselves for yet more infrastructure. What does taking us to the next level look like, in Ron Gordon's eyes? Now, while I realise that the guy is not Sheikh Mansour, right now we look like we're going backwards if anything. And don't get me wrong, I want to see Hibs be involved in the community, but the football side of things should not be considered some kind of vehicle for a local charity organisation. To me, I was surprised to hear very little about football from the guy.

3) The red flags I think we all felt about Heckingbottom were brutally exposed today. For me, those are A) starting from the Celtc cup tie last season, after two managers who would never take a backwards step against the Glasgow scum, we are now back to a manager who looks and sounds beaten in the tunnel, as it were. All that "work in progress" chat before a game at Ibrox, wtf is all that about? B) The footballing style is flat-out boring, and to me reeks of a guy who thinks he's some kind of modern-day genius. We all had a good laugh at Cathro and his iPads - who's laughing now? "Pressing game" is just a phrase - easy to say, but we are not mugs. I fucking know what a pressing game looks like, and this is not it, not even remotely, in fact it's the opposite. Why are you bullshitting us, Paul?

4) Signings. I was prepared to get behind them, because I was pleased by the fact that they were in early, a good age, and signed to the club on permanents. I was also prepared for them to take a bit of time to "gel", "bed in" etc etc. But the fact is, they all look like they have seriously underestimated the Scottish game (PH included, which is doubly unforgivable given he's been here all year), and are being overwhelmed by the pace and intensity. Compare and contrast with SJM, McGeouch, obviously, but also guys like Fraser Fyvie, Jason Cummings - would we take those two over Newell and Doidge when we're in the weeds at Ibrox? I know I would. I know it's still early in the season, but has any of the signings actually made you go "that's a player". Jackson looks decent, but hardly a massive upgrade on prime-era Daz, for instance. And I know I go on about Newell, but it's a disgrace that what he's (not) bringing to the team is even tolerated by a Hibs manager, let alone continue to be an apparent first-pick.

I'm not pressing the nuclear panic button yet, but for the first time since Stubbs was appointed, I have the nagging and deeply troubling feeling that we have potentially made a serious mistake. The last two managers have very obviously "got" Hibs, and seemed really into what they were doing, and enjoying the fact that we like to play a bit of football. I've been desperately trying to feel that with PH, but I can't shake the impression that we're being managed by a man who has the charisma of a regional manager for nPower. It's not a personality contest, I know, but I do feel that at Hibs level of the football food chain in Scotland, you need a guy who can energise, galvanise, inspire. I'm not inspired. I'm the opposite of inspired. If that spreads, we could squander all we've built over the last few years - it's not that long ago that I was sat watching Fenlon's team play in front of 6k at ER. I don't want to go back to that.

We need to go out on the front foot and scud Morton off the park at the weekend. But is anyone confident that we won't labour to a 1-0 win?

More or less everything I’ve been saying on various threads and btw wins in our next 2 games would only paper over the cracks

Last edited:

Smurf

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge

Thank you mate. This is Bounce Gold and why we all love this place. You've absolutely nailed it. Spot on in every respect.

Why indeed did Ron Gordon buy our club? We need leadership not yet another absent owner.

Heckingbottom is another Colin Calderwood.

The signings are dross. Are they Heckingbottom's or this football recruitment department so not rated by the previous management team? Their views are subjective but there is the worry as to why there were frustrations on their part.

And how the hell can losing around 13 or 14 players (some good ones) being replaced by around half that of dross see the budget all spent?

We've sold just under 13,000 season tickets (us and Gunts only team down mind Leeann so take note....) and we got some bonus McGinn money. Is it really all spent?

There's a huge communications vacuum from Hibs right now. And with the product on the park so obviously regressing, there's very few answers forthcoming, to the increasing number of questions being raised.

emerald green

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
His signings are shite. His teams play shite. Yesterday was awful. 900 fans should get their ticket money back paid for by that first team squad and coaches.

Punt him Hibs.

Hibs v Ross County

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel