• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Just back and that was the Hibs I love to watch

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
I said a few weeks ago that we had our mojo back, I think someone suggested in the replies that I calm down. Well, two weeks on, the same players, a new boss, the same shape as St Johnstone away and another win. Tell ye what, you would pay to watch that every week. Lets be straight here, Motherwell are a good team and a goal down twenty minutes in you would not have expected to witness such a fine result and some excellent fitba fae Hibernian. The roars at the goals tells us all what we already new, its joy, mixed with relief, as we knew there was a team in there, there is, and Jack and Potter know it. Nae tinkering with the team, subs at the right times, tweaks to counter the opposition, deft ouches, lovely passes, fine strikes and a wee bit of passion from our players. I thoroughly enjoyed that and we are now top six.

As we look at the team, there are a couple of really good players in their, Scotty is a baller although not at his best today, Flo is a handful, Doidge can win a header and holds the ball up well, Boyler, Mallan and Horgan can all change a game and in Melker Hallberg we have unearthed a diamond.

First twenty minutes Motherwell played very well and we were at sixes and sevens, but once Doidge scored following great play from Scottie and especially Flo, we really started to play, I thought Porteous, Hallberg, Slivka, Newell, Allan and the two front men linked up well and the forward passing was often deft, sublime and accurate, a joy to watch our team playing the Hibernian way. Naismith and Allan done well to set up Flo for the second who worked hard to smash it home and Horgan took it well to kill the game although from my seat it looked like he tried to cross it to the back post, it didnae hit a well player as the BBC suggested? I like Motherwell's wide players, they are good players and nice to watch, indeed Hibs v Motherwell games are smashing games to watch, two teams who play fitba the right way.

To come home, pour my glass of vino tinto and write this with a smile on my face is a great feeling, add to that, the word is the puddle drinkers were pumped today and they think they are going down. Hoorah! I think Fanny McPhee should be given the job tonight.

So to the team, as I mentioned above, nae changes to the team that gave us that fine performance in Perth, I was happy with that, indeed I suggested that team on the pre match thread, why change a successful line up? Wrapped up in layers and sporting my new 'lucky' bottle green wooly hat, I liked what I saw, the 4 1 2 1 2 line up works for us, it allows Flo and Scotty to play, its really makes Hallberg earn his corn and it shows that both Newell and Slivka are fitba players, better going forward than back right enough. Wee areas of concern I expect will be addressed at Christmas are the lack of a leader in the middle beside the excellent Hallberg and the lack of pace of Paul Hanlon, much as that kills me to say that. The goalie too looked poor a couple of times, and it takes Naismith 20 minutes to start playing, although once he gets going his fine.

Maxwell - He is fine but I just cannae take to his Nick Colgan like stick on his line stuff, he got away with it today and even stopped a couple of shots. He disnae keep clean sheets.

Naismith tends to start slowly but by the end of the game he had become one of our best performers, he can wear Sir David's shirt whilst Sir Dave is injured. Noting David Gray scored the winning goal in the Scottish Cup final captaining Hibernian on the day we won the Scottish Cup on the 21st of May 2016*

Porto took one for the team and whilst raw is still future captain of both Hibernian and Scotland, I love the laddie, he plays for Hibs like I would if I had been good enough.

Today indicated for me that Paul is nearing the end of his Hibernian playing career and it hurts to say or think it, as he is one of our own. He was skinned by Well's excellent attackers too often.

Lewis however plays like he is 21, Lewis is a legend.

Melker Hallberg was magnificent, he has grown into a great player. His ball winning attributes, his composure under pressure, his deft touches and simple passing were a joy to watch. A real find by the scouting team.

Vicky Slivka flatters to decieve, the man from C&A is a bloody good player, won a couple of decent challenges but just disnae ever do that wee bit more. Weird to see Hibs playing an inside right, it worked though although in Mr Jack's first tweak to counter the opposition, Vicky moved into the middle more when Boyler came on. Good stuff.

Joe Newell under the Yorkshire Pudding, well I though he was rotten, but he has proven to be pretty decent last few games, although much like Vicky, he is better going forward than defending. He played well though and I am delighted to apologise for thinking he was rubbish, he isnae.

Scott Allan was involved in the first, played a great pass for the second and generally does what Scotty does best. Its great he plays for Hibs.

Flo scored a stoatir, set up Doidge for his goal and his taps and dinks worked well with a partner. I like the laddie and he received a well earned standing ovation when he was subbed. Nice to see you back son.

Christian Doidge has taken all our opinions and stuffed them in a pipe for us to smoke. He was superb today, good goal, he won copious headers and his hold and link up play with Flo and Scotty was first class. Again, I apologise, he is not shite at all.

The Subs

Boyler
replaced Flo to noisy applause with over 20 to go. Squirrel brings an energy to HIbs and the crowd react to him. Nice to have you back son, a proper Hibs player.

Daryll Horgan replaced Joe Newell with 15 to go, played well wide left and scored the goal that killed Well off. Nice sub to have.

Stevie Mallan replaced Scott Allan with 10 to go and might have scored. Good swap to be able to make I think. Its Allan or Mallan not Mallan and Allan for me, although I want both in Hibs shirts.

The Management

Welcome to Hibernian Ross and a good start. I liked the starting line up, appreciated the substitutions and if you want your Hibs team to play like that, you will see the stadium full and the people behind you. Excellent. He will have noted we have good players and a decent squad, we do.

The Fans

Good support on a miserable day, more will come back if that is what we play like. The roars at the goals said a lot, the noise to get behind the team last ten are what got us over the line. Dare I say, the "Hibees are back," it felt like it to me?

Motherwell

Good team, nice footbal, gave us a game, their wing play is very good. They are a top six team we just beat 3-1. Think on that one. Decent support too, maybe 500 fans? Good luck, I like Motherwell's fitba and their faithful fans.

Referee

A hopeless hun bastard. Card happy fandan who will no doubt enjoy a pint in the lodge tonight, prick.

Man of the Match

The beer in the sponsors bar must be strong, Flo played well, we love him but he was not the MoM. I though Doidge had a great game and on another day he was a "shoo in" for it but today the grace, composure and ability of Melker Hallberg ensure he was the man of the match for me, fantastic performance.

Next Up

Paisley on a cauld November evening, brrrrrrrrrr. Wrap up, buy a ticket, see you there, get behind the team. C U Next Tuesday.

* I hadnt forgotten Sir Dave,, I never will.

Hibernian Forever!

Last edited:
Agreed with near all of that. Worth getting wet for that game. I think the BBC were talking about doidge goal going in off a defender. I'll admit I was wrong about doidge too. Decent player. Interesting to me that some of the English signings are kicking on and vela isn't anywhere.

Great summary. Actually agree with pretty much all of that, I would also have given MOTM to Hallberg, or failing that Flo. Thought Newell was very good first half, less so second.

I always enjoy your reports Mark, but they are so much more enjoyable after an excellent Hibernian performance. Now looking forward to the rest of the season. Early days, of course, but I think Jack Ross and Hibernian will be a good combination.

Thought big Doidge absolutely scooshed it especially towards the end of the game, solid performance :50:

Its a brilliant thing that we're getting different MOTM's. What a difference a month makes.

I don’t get to games due to work commitments and win, loose or draw, I always love reading your just backs.
Great win today and great to see the fans are turning on the players.....we thought were duds. Will hold my hands up and say I was dubious of Doidge and co. Onwards and upwards! GGTTH

Brilliant report. Hard to disagree with anything you say.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Got to love a player who merits the line how I would've played if:xyes:

very good day out today , been missing performances like that

I loved STOATIR.....haven't heard iin years

Agree with all of that, including the sentiments on Paul H, sad to say but I think he's a weak link who's not going to get any better. Great to see Newell finally look like a player...on a separate issue, how the f**k were the FF upper out of scotch and macaroni pies at the start of the half time break?
Dinny worry folks, even after a good performance, I'll find fault.

Watched on Hibs TV and agree with everything single you thing you posted.

Agree with all of that, including the sentiments on Paul H, sad to say but I think he's a weak link who's not going to get any better. Great to see Newell finally look like a player...on a separate issue, how the f**k were the FF upper out of scotch and macaroni pies at the start of the half time break?
Dinny worry folks, even after a good performance, I'll find fault.
Scotch???? We only get pishy bovril and coffee in the FF lower!

Really enjoyed today. And I'm chuffed to bits for Doidge. He's the big target man we've wanted for years. I took to him when Heckingbottom blamed the fans for making the players nervous, and Doidge said that wasn't the case, and the players had to stand up.

Feels good to actually want to watch the Hibs again

Basically as I saw it too.....in real , soaking wet time.
I like Slivka, though. Annoying though he is, he's a player.

Scotch???? We only get pishy bovril and coffee in the FF lower!
Aye, no good mate. I had to settle for my usual duck a l'orange and a bottle of Merlot. Next week I'm just heading to the cocktail bar

Thanks for the Just Back. Smashing summary of the game. Agree wholeheartedly with comments about Slivka, but as you say, who else can go in there at the moment. I just think he doesn't concentrate fully, making elementary mistakes. However, not a day to be over-critical. Tuesday becomes even bigger now.

Agreed with near all of that. Worth getting wet for that game. I think the BBC were talking about doidge goal going in off a defender. I'll admit I was wrong about doidge too. Decent player. Interesting to me that some of the English signings are kicking on and vela isn't anywhere.
Boy behind me said something like'look at these English players coming up here taking our jobs'and no he wasnae being either smart or sarcastic.

Really enjoyed today. And I'm chuffed to bits for Doidge. He's the big target man we've wanted for years. I took to him when Heckingbottom blamed the fans for making the players nervous, and Doidge said that wasn't the case, and the players had to stand up.

Feels good to actually want to watch the Hibs again
Feels great
M well are good and at 2-1 I thought they looked most likely for the 3 rd goal - thanks the lord they didn’t and hibs finished well - momentum confidence and I reckon we are on a roll - onwards and upwards ????????

I pretty much agree with all that.Slivka is a hit or a miss player.Some games he is very good, others he is mediocre.Today he was ok going on mediocre.

Its like waiting on the Pink!

Cheers as always for the report @1875 As usual the commentators on the open all mics were talking shite as they laughed about Doidge almost managing to miss an open goal. I've seen the goal via twitter and he did well enough to bundle it home which is all we can ask of him. I think these cnuts will slate him unless he scores a worldy. Me, I'll be happy if he scores one off his arse every week.

Really good performance from Hibs today after a shaky start and very soft and avoidable goal conceded. Good start for the new management team. Some of the summer recruits are finally starting to show their worth. Doidge is a good front man who leads the line well but is much more effective when Kambri is linking with him. I was really impressed with Hibs attacking play today, with some great moves, wonderful passing movements and I really wish Doidge had scored with that chance in the second half as the move leading up to it was terrific. Newall played better than I have seen before..he is a lightweight but he is skilful and composed on the ball and has a great left foot. Being played more inside and in a deeper role suits his game much better than playing on the wing. Ross made some good positive attacking changes late on which gave us pace and energy on the counter attack against a tiring Motherwell defence. We got a deserved third goal because of it. I still think we are far too soft through the middle and lack pace and leadership especially in central defence. Hopefully JR in time can sort this out. Defensively we got much better as the game went on and looked more assured in coping with Motherwell's excellent attacking players. They threw loads of bodies forward late on but we coped well and hit them effectively on the break. Missed Doidge's goal as I was at the bogs but great to see him scoring again. My MOTM was Jason Nasimith who is looking far more impressive now than when he first arrived. Hallberg also had a great game. Noticeable that Glenn Middleton has been nowhere to be seen for the last two games.

Motherwell are a decent team who have just hit a bad run of results. Their wide players were superb and I would love to see their number 14 Jermain Hylton in a Hibs shirt. Great wing play from him...he is fast, skilful and his crossing was excellent. Beaton the referee was awful.

Different kind of game on Tuesday night against St Mirren away, but we have to be looking to win games like that to push us further up the league.

Last edited:
Its like waiting on the Pink!
That is a tremendous comparison! Spot on!

I thought newell put in a few good crosses from the free kicks he took as well. Agree on Hallberg too now he’s up to speed he’s looking a great signing.

We’ve not only arrested a slide, we seem to have unearthed a good path forward.

transfer window will be interesting!

Are highlights on tv tonight anyone ? Time channel

Read the other day that after JR joined at Mirren around this time as well he emptied 10 players in the January so don’t think he will be shy in getting rid of the ones he doesn’t think are up to it.

Excellent performance today, the last time we played 'Well, they gubbed us in an easy win for them. They are a good team, best result of the season so far for us.
Hallberg, Scotty (1st half), Doidge, Flo and Newell (yes Newell) all were superb.
Our FBs struggled with the pace of the Motherwell wingers, PH, as mentioned, was a yard behind play today.
An organised side with freedom to play, along with some passion, the right subs at the right time.
More please.

I'm a happier person when the Hibees win. The great thing is, I think there's more to come from this team. It's definitely a squad game as we saw today.

Enjoyed it today and we definitely have a decent team there hopefully a few good additions in Jan to bring us up a level to go on to have a strong season.

Had hibs to win by 2 goals, and Dundee utd to do same...only waiting on Aberdeen to beat St J by same margin for 300 squids...not confident but hoping :52:

It's great to have such positive just backs again.
You're right in that porteous could be a future captain but for now I'd seriously be considering Hallberg for the job, either after the break or next season as I genuinely believe he's gonna be a star player for us.

Flos' goal was indeed greeted with a proper roar, that is more like the Hibs.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Get in ??

Hibs supporters are resilient and backed the team massively.
Me and my family met Pat Stanton today before the game (in good health and top form) and Rob Jones (My laddie recognised him fae YouTube videos but will regret no getting his picture taken despite the 6ft difference).
Hibs won at hame (gies it all please. Barry feeling).

A6A87934-2F1E-40FD-9158-B14DCC8E077A.jpeg

Comon Hibernian. Hibernian, Hibernian ra ra ra ??

Last edited:
I pretty much agree with all that.Slivka is a hit or a miss player.Some games he is very good, others he is mediocre.Today he was ok going on mediocre.
Well, which is it, hit, mediocre or miss?

Think he's got all the angles covered.

Gread read 1875.

Though Hibs have been criticised for their business in the summer transfer window, they seem to have decent depth, particularly in attacking areas
Taken from BBC match report... decent depth, particularly in attacking areas - htf can they even think that?

Great result today, I'm trying to keep my expectations non-great.

Get in ??

Hibs supporters are resilient and backed the team massively.
Me and my family met Pat Stanton today before the game (in good health and top form) and Rob Jones (My laddie recognised him fae YouTube videos but will regret no getting his picture taken despite the 6ft difference).
Hibs won at hame (gies it all please. Barry feeling).

View attachment 1652

Comon Hibernian. Hibernian, Hibernian ra ra ra ??
There’s something different aboot Rob in this picture, just Cannae put my finger on it K.

This thread has been viewed 7964 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back