• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Just back and that was a wee bit flat....

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
Frankly, St Mirren gave us a first half doing, they played us off the pitch going a well deserved 2 0 up before Scottie nicked one back and Doidge scored a fine headed goal just before half time. We were lucky to go in even. I have to say I thought St Mirren played some very good football, especially first half, much better than Hibs. Whilst I am being nice, I also thought their support was excellent, through in big numbers and backed their team through out the game.

The starting eleven, well its fair to say that the end is nigh for our back four, Sir David Gray injured again, Daz was ran ragged and looked slow and frankly old, Paul was the best of the four, Lewis is Lewis. It is beyond me why Maciano rolls the ball to Hanlon, Stevenson and Daz, it disnae work. It might of worked with Efe (currently unemployed and looking for a team), but it does not work with those three and we either lose it or hoof it aimlessly. Joe Newell showed his couple of games in centre mid were an anomally, he was poor there today and hooked after an hour. Stephane however was excellent all game, even when he loses it he gets it back. Horgan created very little, Boyler set up Allan's goal but didnae get going today, whereas Scottie was much more like his old self, passing, creating and scoring. Doidge scored, its his thing. BUT there was little fluency and the midfield didnae really work out, all of this in one half of football. The introduction of new signings, Paul McGinn, Greg Docherty and Marc McNulty improved our shape and performance but no more goals came.

I think it will take a few weeks to bed in the changes, but I think they may work, although we are week down the left with Horgan and bawhair thin at the back.

So, the team

Rocky, Dracula to his friends. Good shot stopper, cannae find a Hibs player with a throw or kick other than the boring roll out to the three backies.

Sir David Gray, scorer of the header that won Hibernian the Scottish Cup, beating the Huns 3-2 on the 21st of May 2016 was targeted all game, hurt about 10 minutes before half time, he was replaced by Paul McGinn at half time.

Daz was given a torrid time by their attack and he looked his age today. Makes me sad that.

I thought Paul had a good game, although I think he lost his man at their first goal?

Lewis was fine, he cannae cross.

Joe Newell was as bad today as he has been good the last few weeks in the defensive midfield role.

Steph Omeonga was all over the pitch, he never stops trying. I love the laddie. He set up Doidges goal too.

Scottie looked more like Scottie today, scored a fine goal, cut them open with a few crisp and clever passes, looked burst with 10 to go.

Horgan brought nothing.

Boyler had a quiet game although he set up Scottie for his goal. He is very closely marked.

Christian Doidge scored another very good header. I felt he was decent first half but got very little second.

Subs

Paul McGinn made his debut replacing Sir Dave at half time. He had a good, accomplished game and looks the part, including a fine headed clearance under pressure. Decent.

Greg Docherty, can we simpy just swap this laddie for Hunberi now? A fitba player, all over the place, great passer, hard tackling, intelligent. I thought he was excellent. He capped his performance off by applauding the Hibs support in three stands as he left the field. Excellent debut, I am impressed, he played the way I thought Vela might.

Marc McNulty, well he has a bit to go, needs to get games.

The boss made an arse of the team first half, Jim Goodwin worked him out. He does react though and we came into it and might have taken all three points.

St Mirren as I said above played very well and earned a well deserved draw. Nice fitba team lacking that killer touch.

The referee took some stick from the fans, but I have seen much, much worse.

A crowd of 16,325 was decent, even with the 1000 or so Saints fans included that is decent numbers, It was a bit muted, but then we were struggling against St Mirren. Still think the gap between Since 1875 and the Old Section 43 in the East kills the atmosphere.

Man of the Match, well the sponsors gave it to Chris Doidge, I felt it was a stick on for Steph Omeonga, although Scottie ran him close and Docherty's second half was very good.

Next up is the Hundogs at the Hunnery on Wednesday night. I will be there. Bring it on.

Hibernian Forever!

Last edited:
Fair summation @1875.

Docherty does look very good. Wonder if there's any scope for a permanent swap with Florihun? Here's hoping...

Looking forward to visiting Brexit HQ on Wednesday and reminding all and hundry that they are bottling it again when it counts and their trophy cabinet is as bare as Stevie G's list of league titles.

Fair summation @1875.

Docherty does look very good. Wonder if there's any scope for a permanent swap with Florihun? Here's hoping...

Looking forward to visiting Brexit HQ on Wednesday and reminding all and hundry that they are bottling it again when it counts and their trophy cabinet is as bare as Stevie G's list of league titles.

Send me the words and the tunes!

Cheers for the report as always @1875 ??Spot on. Omeonga was my MOTM too, puts in such a shift, never hides, always looking for the ball, great assist for Doidge’s goal.

Hibernian have arthritis they can't get moving till 20minutes into the game. I blame Greenmachine called it somewhere that we like to give teams a goal start. Credit for clawing it back before ht. Thought Hanlon done well, too far away and blind to see who left the player for headed goal. Agree with all you say 1875. Love to get Docherty in permanent. McGinns a steady full back. Just wasn't right today can't put my finger on it though. The Halberg situation is baffling me.

Hibernian have arthritis they can't get moving till 20minutes into the game. I blame Greenmachine called it somewhere that we like to give teams a goal start. Credit for clawing it back before ht. Thought Hanlon done well, too far away and blind to see who left the player for headed goal. Agree with all you say 1875. Love to get Docherty in permanent. McGinns a steady full back. Just wasn't right today can't put my finger on it though. The Halberg situation is baffling me.

Me too.

Me three.

Cheers for that. As I’ve said elsewhere how we started was criminal and can’t afford to start like that on wed night. Mcginn had a good game and I’m happy he will be starting on wed.

I wouldn’t mind seeing bogdan back in goals see if that can shake up the defence a bit? Rockys reluctance to come and catch a ball or clear it is a real worry especially with the way we defend these days.

2 goals for a draw, 3 for a win is a shite way to go through a season.

Excellent report Mark. I agree with every word. Docherty was excellent. He's a starter every game the Huns aside obviously....

Excellent report Mark. I agree with every word. Docherty was excellent. He's a starter every game.

Shame he can’t start wed, it’s exactly the type of game we need a player like him in the middle of the park

Our full backs always seem exposed. I admit to not grasping the modern shapes, set ups of teams? Teams always double up on our full backs early and rip them. Narrow midfield?

Docherty looks like he actually wants to be here which is a big plus :thumbgrin

Could we play Docherty instead of Horgan? He looked capable down that left hand side. I’d be loathe to leave Newell out as he’s come onto a game and his delivery is excellent which we missed from the many corners we won after he went off. Scotty’s corners (apart from the one that rattled the bar) were pretty pish.

Could we play Docherty instead of Horgan? He looked capable down that left hand side. I’d be loathe to leave Newell out as he’s come onto a game and his delivery is excellent which we missed from the many corners we won after he went off. Scotty’s corners (apart from the one that rattled the bar) were pretty pish.

Tbh newells corners were pish today also he put 2 or 3 right into the keepers gloves

Our full backs always seem exposed. I admit to not grasping the modern shapes, set ups of teams? Teams always double up on our full backs early and rip them. Narrow midfield?
I think it's more that the guys in front of them are more suited to going forward.
Defensively, Boyle and Horgan are not good.
It is a kind of narrowness if that makes sense.

New signings are an improvement I think we’ll be sound.

Jeez after 20 minutes I thought 3 points was part of Paul McGinns transfer fee!

Seems it was only 1 point.

Thanks for the report 1875. That was a hard watch today, but as you say we need to be thankful we equalised! we are missing Porto as it's obvious we can't expect Daz to play week in week out.

Tbh newells corners were pish today also he put 2 or 3 right into the keepers gloves

Yeah was thinking more back to the United game. Scotty’s outswingers are dreadful, nearly always hit the first man.

For all our changes it looks like down the left side it’s selection by default; Horgan and Lewis just ‘cos there’s nobody else.

Yeah was thinking more back to the United game. Scotty’s outswingers are dreadful, nearly always hit the first man.

For all our changes it looks like down the left side it’s selection by default; Horgan and Lewis just ‘cos there’s nobody else.

Aye Wednesday they were on the money.

Lewis has been off but i don’t think Horgan has helped the situation he leaves Lewis exposed and 2 men to deal with. Horgans just not got the engine to go up and down the wing chasing back and breaking forward he can barely complete 1 30 yard sprint a game.

Didn’t think Gray was injured as such - it was the ref who told him to come to the sidelines to get a skint knee cleaned as there was blood on his sock. He had a terrible time in that first half and he knew it. Looked like a player that time and injuries have caught up with. I thought the change at HT was inevitable.

Really like the look of Docherty. Always wanted the ball, nae shy in taking people on, linked up well with some and also seemed to help the others around him by being an out-ball. He’ll do well for us.

IMO SDG didn't look fit from the off, I thought it was a poor decision to play him. I wonder/worry if he is actually finished as a first team starter, ditto oor Daz.
Again IMO, I thought Scottie was poor today, some of his passing was woeful.
Struggling to remember the last time I left ER thinking, Horgan had a good game.
Omeonga was superb, as was big Christian, they never stopped or gave up.
On this showing the on loan hun deserves the honour of an upgrade to being a full time Hibby.
Was Jackson injured?

Fair summation @1875.

Brexit HQ :lauff: :lauff:

A draw was about right today. Usual awful start from Hibs at Easter Road and we looked like a bunch of players who had just been introduced to each other. They looked disorientated. I wonder if the whole Kamberi fiasco has affected the squad more than we thought ? A couple of days ago he was one of their team mates preparing for the game today. I like Ross but how can he not get the team set-up properly from the start of games ? Another back four change didn't help but with so many matches he is having to rotate players. 2-0 down after 10 minutes after some typically rank defending. St Mirren looked hungrier from the start. I was impressed by the way they pressed the game, closing players down, and generally working like hell to get the ball back after it was lost. I wish we could do that. Unfortunately we simply do not work hard enough both individually and as a team when we don't have the ball. Our back four is coming to the end of it's time but they get next to no protection from a midfield of forward thinking ball players who are only really interested when they have the ball played to their feet and we are attacking. The workrate when we don't have the ball simply is not there in that Hibs team and it is at the root cause of many of our problems this season.
St Mirren were well organised and hard working and should have been winning at half-time but for two excellent Hibs goals.
On a positive note Omeonga was excellent. Hibs MOTM by a country mile. Doidge scored a great header and worked really hard throughout. Like others I was really impressed by Greg Docherty when he came on, and also Paul McGinn who looked very assured at right-back. McNulty looks short of match fitness and will take a while to get to where he should be.
Top 6 is the best we can hope to achieve this season..and hopefully with some luck we can do well in the cup.

Last edited:
What worries me about today.... Is this where we are at? Playing against an average St Mirren team and grinding out a draw. In the past we’ve played these teams off the park and lost or drawn, not really the case this year.

What worries me about today.... Is this where we are at? Playing against an average St Mirren team and grinding out a draw. In the past we’ve played these teams off the park and lost or drawn, not really the case this year.

I would be happy with top 6 this season

Its been a total wet pump

That and good run in the cup. Hoping the AGM sheds some positive vibes for next season.

That average St Mirren side played some lovely fitba... saying that the Gunts at their worst beat them 5-2....

That average St Mirren side played some lovely fitba... saying that the Gunts at their worst beat them 5-2....

I think many teams that play us look good against us. We don’t have the bite in the middle of the park to do the ugly work and break up the play.

Didn’t think Gray was injured as such - it was the ref who told him to come to the sidelines to get a skint knee cleaned as there was blood on his sock. He had a terrible time in that first half and he knew it. Looked like a player that time and injuries have caught up with. I thought the change at HT was inevitable.

Really like the look of Docherty. Always wanted the ball, nae shy in taking people on, linked up well with some and also seemed to help the others around him by being an out-ball. He’ll do well for us.
hes on loan!! the kid looked good in an average hibernians team we'll get fuk all out o the deal , of course the dirty huns win and we look like saps .weak as fuck , happy average, money for the huns fuk all for us

As an exile who has been abroad longer than he lived in embra l'm losin the lingo. Is wet pump just a wet fart or is it rather a particularly fascinating sexual habit I have missed out on? :102:

As an exile who has been abroad longer than he lived in embra l'm losin the lingo. Is wet pump just a wet fart or is it rather a particularly fascinating sexual habit I have missed out on? :102:

Looks like everyone is off to bed

I'm still up

God bless nightshift

Just been reading that that’s Docherty first game since august. Imagine what he’ll be like when he’s match fit? Hopefully no take him long.

Just been reading that that’s Docherty first game since august. Imagine what he’ll be like when he’s match fit? Hopefully no take him long.

Impressive. Docherty’s Strength, desire and urgency stood out. Hopefully drives us in in the middle, something we’ve been missing consistently.

Impressive. Docherty’s Strength, desire and urgency stood out. Hopefully drives us in in the middle, something we’ve been missing consistently.

Looked like we had John McGinn back.

Looked like we had John McGinn back.
Indeed. All action type we had with SJM.
I was impressed with his ability to work in tight situations, too.

Indeed. All action type we had with SJM.
I was impressed with his ability to work in tight situations, too.

Used his body strength very well. Hallberg may struggle to get back in the team at this rate.

Used his body strength very well. Hallberg may struggle to get back in the team at this rate.
I think he may be the guy that let's Hallberg play a bit more?

I think he may be the guy that let's Hallberg play a bit more?

Dunno. See in the coming weeks.

Hallberg may need to play versus Huns if Newell is injured, he needs to take his chance if he does.

This thread has been viewed 4990 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back