Just back and that was a stroll in the park

Zab

Admin
It’s only one game, but it appears that Jack Ross may have finally found the right balance to allow us to commit more bodies forward without being caught out defensively.

tactically it was very good last night, the players bought in and all played very well. 3 goals, a clean sheet, and an all round good performance - can’t ask for more than that. Hopefully we can now find a bit of consistency to push on.

Hibee Kev

Bounce Radge
Cheers as always @1875 Well that was my first visit to Easter Road in about 10 months, was really happy with what I saw!

Initially puzzled as to how we’d line up, was it a 5-3-2? But as the game progressed it looked to be more of a 4-4-2 with Newell covering the LB position and doing a fine job with 2 assists.

Slivka’s selection was an interesting one I was convinced he was on his way out and would hardly feature for the rest of the season, but he did ok I thought. The numbers of attacks we mounted 2nd half with Docherty or Boyle at the forefront was impressive. More of the same on Sunday please.

Reactions: Zab

C4MMY

Bounce Radge
Cheers as always @1875 Well that was my first visit to Easter Road in about 10 months, was really happy with what I saw!

Initially puzzled as to how we’d line up, was it a 5-3-2? But as the game progressed it looked to be more of a 4-4-2 with Newell covering the LB position and doing a fine job with 2 assists.

Slivka’s selection was an interesting one I was convinced he was on his way out and would hardly feature for the rest of the season, but he did ok I thought. The numbers of attacks we mounted 2nd half with Docherty or Boyle at the forefront was impressive. More of the same on Sunday please.
I still think Slivka is on his way out. I can’t see us offering him a new deal, another wage freed up for hopefully a consistent performer to come in...(docherty)

Green Sleeves

Bounce Radge
Good report. 2nd game in 4 days that the thermal long johns were donned. Cauld still got through but.

Would add to report that Scotty Allan was superb. Wasn't just his passing he ran after everything put himself about and worked his socks off. Slivka in first half was fantastic. If he played like that every week he'd be a regular.

Sign Docherty. Love this lad.

The defensive 3/4 worked without a proper left back but mainly because Ross County had no width on their right wing (or much on the left). Not so sure how Newell would cope against a pacy winger but he keeps surprising. On plus side when ball went wide on our left it often carried a threat rather than fizzled out to nothing which happens more often than not with Lewis. Be interesting to see who gets left back shirt for rest of the season.

That was first time under Ross that I enjoyed the fitba we played. Hope it continues.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Bounce Radge
From what I witnessed on a dodgy broadcast your summation needs no alteration.
Glad I read it this morning and not last night.
The mention of your good self in fishnets would have seen a rather sleepless night methinks.
Never again, please.

Sir Shrink

Retired Radge
Bounce Radge
From what I witnessed on a dodgy broadcast your summation needs no alteration.
Glad I read it this morning and not last night.
The mention of your good self in fishnets would have seen a rather sleepless night methinks.
Never again, please.

I've got a photograph of 1875 wearing a merkin, taken after a few bottles of Rioja in the Faroe Islands.
:23:

If anyone DOESN'T know what a merkin is, then I suggest that you do NOT google it as the image conjured up may seriously damage your mental health.
:no:

Admin
I've got a photograph of 1875 wearing a merkin, taken after a few bottles of Rioja in the Faroe Islands.
:23:

If anyone DOESN'T know what a merkin is, then I suggest that you do NOT google it as the image conjured up may seriously damage your mental health.
:no:
I blame the fresh air, living above the cloud line, pints of rioja and a £7 pints of watery beer.

Bobby_Combe

Bounce Radge
A bloody cold park, but a stroll it was, Hibs, especially first half played very well. They attacked with aplomb, the defender comfortably and warmed the cockles of the very cold Hibs fans offal. Confusion reigned in the frozen streets of Leith and the slighty stuffy Hibs club as the team was announced, Lewis, Whitts and Hallberg all out the squad and we started with what looked like a three of McGinn, Jackson and Hanlon? As it turned out Joe Newell pretty much played at left back, lets call it left half for us aulder fans. All three/ four had good games at the back. The middle was full of players, the excellent Greg Docherty, the back to form Scottie and Boyler, a rare appearance for Vicky Slivka and to cap it all, two up front in Doidger and Marcy Mac.

We started well after the usual first few minute flaps (and I am not referring to the folk who always turn up late and miss kick off), we quickly settled and an early and very well worked Sparky goal set the tone for the evening. Dodge scored another goal, its the best (and often the onl) bit of his game, but I am good with that, honest, and frankly we rarely looked uncomfortable, with some lovely inter play and runs from Sparky, Scotty, Boyler and Docherty in particular. Fitba the Hibernian way. Ross mentioned in his post match interview that we played well first half and our second half game management was excellent, I see what he was saying, not sure if I enjoy game management as much as good fitba and goals right enough.

Didnae hear the crowd numbers, looked around 12,000 on a freezing night, muted but happy I would describe the Hibs fans. It was that cold, an article in the Viz magazine suggested wearing tights when its cold, I put my wife's tights on underneath my breeks tonight, am no wearing they fishnets again, never made a bit of difference.

We have some fine fitba players, especially when they click and the upcoming battle for top six will be interesting with St Johnstone beating well and Killie handing the filthy Huns their rancid, bigotted erses on a plate. Hibs target should be Livingston and Motherwell, then Europe, and ohh aye and its been a good 4 years since we won the cup n'all.

The team

Rocky did everything he had to do tonight, he must have been freezing.

Paul McGinn had a good game as part of a kinda three. No messing.

Adam Jackson had a fine game, he seems a better defender when not having to man mark a heifer of a striker. He was good tonight. Took his headed goal very well.

Paul too had a good game, he too enjoys it when the striker he is up against isnae battering into him all the time.

Joe Newell was again quietly good, playing pretty much as a left back, his crossing from dead balls is very good and his corner to set up Adam Jackson's goal was excellent.

Scottie was magic, four or five wonder passes and influenced the game constantly, looked shattered when he went off.

However there was an even better midfielder in Greg Docherty, I thought his fitba first class, he enthusiasm though, well he clearly loves playing for Hibernian, his efforts when playing, his ability, his workrate, his celebrations when we score and his pure unadulterated happiness as he walked offer at full time, applauding us, giving is a the two thumbs up with a smile as wide the Forth, well that is my kind of Hibs player. A fantatstic addition, I hope we can rescue him from his Hunnish hell.

Vicky Slivka did his job tonight, nothing more, nothing less, he was fine.

Boyler was like the old Boyler. It was that cauld the night an efficent Boiler was really necessary.

Doidgey scored again, its his best attribute. I see Wales are now watching. They should, he does score goals.

Sparky scored a smashing goal after good work with Scottie, missed a penalty which is not acceptable (although we scored from the corner that came from the penalty save), but most of all I was impressed by Marc's movement, its good, its clever, it causes problems.

Subs

Fraser replaced Scottie with 17 to go, he got himself into the mix and does his chances no harm.

Steph replaced Slivka with 15 to go and got himself involed all over the pitch, I prefer Omeonga playing every week but he earned his rest tonight and done enough when he came on.

Jamie Gullan cameon late for Sparky, I like the laddie, he only had a few minutes but I think he has something?

The management got it right, lots of rested players, significant changes and a very attacking set up, I liked it, especially first haf with Docs, Scottie, Marc and Boyler in their pomp. Nice. That is a Hibs team playing the Hibernian way there Jacky boy.

The referee, well he was ok, although the boy that kept kicking boyler should have seen red. McLean was Referee on that day in May 2016, so I go easy with him.

Ross County were pretty poor, although Fonts and especially Ollie Shaw were afforded warm appalause from the Hibs fans, both earned it, they are our people, we don't forget that.

The crowd as I said were muted, it was cold and I am sure few fancied belting out songs tonight. We all went home happy, bar the 50 or so Dingwallians.

Man of the Match is easy, Greg Docherty was superb, I will repat my mantra, the Huns can keep Hunberi, we will keep Greg, my type of player, he looks like a Hibs player to me.

Next up is the 60 miles to Kilmarnock to see Hibernian play. I assume its live on the telly, given the stupid 4.30 on a Sunday kick off time? I will be there, I hope to see a few of you for a Killie Pie and and Hibs Empire Biscuit behind the goal.

Hibernian Forever!
Unless you have another reason for wearing your wife's tights than just keeping cold - that's entirely your business - could I suggest you get a pair of men's leggings like joggers wear in the winter? Try Under Armour - toasty!

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Bounce Radge
We got two goals in the first half!
Quite aware of that dude. Just thought we stood off after the first and tried to play on the break. Second half we controlled the game and kept the ball better.

Admin
Unless you have another reason for wearing your wife's tights than just keeping cold - that's entirely your business - could I suggest you get a pair of men's leggings like joggers wear in the winter? Try Under Armour - toasty!
Woosh....... :3:

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Bounce Radge
I blame the fresh air, living above the cloud line, pints of rioja and a £7 pints of watery beer.
As you would.
I'd be more worried that Shrink was taking photos of said incident.
Are you being blackmailed?

Yet.

Jamie

Admin
Thanks @1875 never made the game, good to read this. 3-0 and a clean sheet is what we need to be doing, 3 goals quite often kill off the opposition.

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
From Twitter

A snapshot of those Adam Jackson stats: •
has played in 7 of Hibs' 9 clean sheets this season (in all comps) •
has only lost 3 of the 17 games he's played any minutes in - v Motherwell, v Huns and v Celtic

Hattie

Donator
Bounce Radge
Good write up as per Mark
Enjoyed the game even though it was absolutely baltic.
Like yourself, we were in pub pre game scratching our nappers while all offering up our opinions on how that team was going to line up.
Good tactics, great play..... please just lets keep up a bit consistency Hibs!
Good to see big tactical changes work and the players understanding it..leads to confidence imo.
Docherty certainly looks a player.
Cant believe der hun took Kamberi and we have quite clearly the best 2 strikers out of the 3 ?????
Gerard slips up.....again.

tayside hibee

Bounce Radge
A very enjoyable evening was had. Me and the young lad at the fitba , first time just the two of us for a loooong time. Few beers on the train , put some bets on , had a brief wee chat with SDG at the game, not a poor performance in sight, 3 goals, clean sheet and entertained. Gunts scudded, zombies implode,£63 return from Mr Power. A good friends laddie was lucky mascot for the team. Got hame and it was on alba. Woke up at 3 am on the couch!!!
Carlsberg Wednesday if ever their was one.

Admin
A very enjoyable evening was had. Me and the young lad at the fitba , first time just the two of us for a loooong time. Few beers on the train , put some bets on , had a brief wee chat with SDG at the game, not a poor performance in sight, 3 goals, clean sheet and entertained. Gunts scudded, zombies implode,£63 return from Mr Power. A good friends laddie was lucky mascot for the team. Got hame and it was on alba. Woke up at 3 am on the couch!!!
Carlsberg Wednesday if ever their was one.
:50:

Sounds like my kind of evening.

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
£107.00
Earned
£81.28
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage