Just back and that was a stroll in the park

Admin
A bloody cold park, but a stroll it was, Hibs, especially first half played very well. They attacked with aplomb, the defender comfortably and warmed the cockles of the very cold Hibs fans offal. Confusion reigned in the frozen streets of Leith and the slighty stuffy Hibs club as the team was announced, Lewis, Whitts and Hallberg all out the squad and we started with what looked like a three of McGinn, Jackson and Hanlon? As it turned out Joe Newell pretty much played at left back, lets call it left half for us aulder fans. All three/ four had good games at the back. The middle was full of players, the excellent Greg Docherty, the back to form Scottie and Boyler, a rare appearance for Vicky Slivka and to cap it all, two up front in Doidger and Marcy Mac.

We started well after the usual first few minute flaps (and I am not referring to the folk who always turn up late and miss kick off), we quickly settled and an early and very well worked Sparky goal set the tone for the evening. Dodge scored another goal, its the best (and often the onl) bit of his game, but I am good with that, honest, and frankly we rarely looked uncomfortable, with some lovely inter play and runs from Sparky, Scotty, Boyler and Docherty in particular. Fitba the Hibernian way. Ross mentioned in his post match interview that we played well first half and our second half game management was excellent, I see what he was saying, not sure if I enjoy game management as much as good fitba and goals right enough.

Didnae hear the crowd numbers, looked around 12,000 on a freezing night, muted but happy I would describe the Hibs fans. It was that cold, an article in the Viz magazine suggested wearing tights when its cold, I put my wife's tights on underneath my breeks tonight, am no wearing they fishnets again, never made a bit of difference.

We have some fine fitba players, especially when they click and the upcoming battle for top six will be interesting with St Johnstone beating well and Killie handing the filthy Huns their rancid, bigotted erses on a plate. Hibs target should be Livingston and Motherwell, then Europe, and ohh aye and its been a good 4 years since we won the cup n'all.

The team

Rocky did everything he had to do tonight, he must have been freezing.

Paul McGinn had a good game as part of a kinda three. No messing.

Adam Jackson had a fine game, he seems a better defender when not having to man mark a heifer of a striker. He was good tonight. Took his headed goal very well.

Paul too had a good game, he too enjoys it when the striker he is up against isnae battering into him all the time.

Joe Newell was again quietly good, playing pretty much as a left back, his crossing from dead balls is very good and his corner to set up Adam Jackson's goal was excellent.

Scottie was magic, four or five wonder passes and influenced the game constantly, looked shattered when he went off.

However there was an even better midfielder in Greg Docherty, I thought his fitba first class, he enthusiasm though, well he clearly loves playing for Hibernian, his efforts when playing, his ability, his workrate, his celebrations when we score and his pure unadulterated happiness as he walked offer at full time, applauding us, giving is a the two thumbs up with a smile as wide the Forth, well that is my kind of Hibs player. A fantatstic addition, I hope we can rescue him from his Hunnish hell.

Vicky Slivka did his job tonight, nothing more, nothing less, he was fine.

Boyler was like the old Boyler. It was that cauld the night an efficent Boiler was really necessary.

Doidgey scored again, its his best attribute. I see Wales are now watching. They should, he does score goals.

Sparky scored a smashing goal after good work with Scottie, missed a penalty which is not acceptable (although we scored from the corner that came from the penalty save), but most of all I was impressed by Marc's movement, its good, its clever, it causes problems.

Subs

Fraser replaced Scottie with 17 to go, he got himself into the mix and does his chances no harm.

Steph replaced Slivka with 15 to go and got himself involed all over the pitch, I prefer Omeonga playing every week but he earned his rest tonight and done enough when he came on.

Jamie Gullan cameon late for Sparky, I like the laddie, he only had a few minutes but I think he has something?

The management got it right, lots of rested players, significant changes and a very attacking set up, I liked it, especially first haf with Docs, Scottie, Marc and Boyler in their pomp. Nice. That is a Hibs team playing the Hibernian way there Jacky boy.

The referee, well he was ok, although the boy that kept kicking boyler should have seen red. McLean was Referee on that day in May 2016, so I go easy with him.

Ross County were pretty poor, although Fonts and especially Ollie Shaw were afforded warm appalause from the Hibs fans, both earned it, they are our people, we don't forget that.

The crowd as I said were muted, it was cold and I am sure few fancied belting out songs tonight. We all went home happy, bar the 50 or so Dingwallians.

Man of the Match is easy, Greg Docherty was superb, I will repat my mantra, the Huns can keep Hunberi, we will keep Greg, my type of player, he looks like a Hibs player to me.

Next up is the 60 miles to Kilmarnock to see Hibernian play. I assume its live on the telly, given the stupid 4.30 on a Sunday kick off time? I will be there, I hope to see a few of you for a Killie Pie and and Hibs Empire Biscuit behind the goal.

Hibernian Forever!

Last edited:

Sir Shrink

Retired Radge
Bounce Radge
You missed Boyler from 'the Team' summary - he was superb tonight.

Boo

Bounce Radge
A bloody cold park, but a stroll it was, Hibs, especially first half played very well. They attacked with aplomb, the defender comfortably and warmed the cockles of the very cold Hibs fans offal. Confusion reigned in the frozen streets of Leith and the slighty stuffy Hibs club as the team was announced, Lewis, Whitts and Hallberg all out the squad and we started with what looked like a three of McGinn, Jackson and Hanlon? As it turned out Joe Newell pretty much played at left back, lets call it left half for us aulder fans. All three/ four had good games at the back. The middle was full of players, the excellent Greg Docherty, the back to form Scottie and Boyler, a rare appearance for Vicky Slivka and to cap it all, two up front in Doidger and Marcy Mac.

We started well after the usual first few minute flaps (and I am not referring to the folk who always turn up late and miss kick off), we quickly settled and an early and very well worked Sparky goal set the tone for the evening. Dodge scored another goal, its the best (and often the onl) bit of his game, but I am good with that, honest, and frankly we rarely looked uncomfortable, with some lovely inter play and runs from Sparky, Scotty, Boyler and Docherty in particular. Fitba the Hibernian way. Ross mentioned in his post match interview that we played well first half and our second half game management was excellent, I see what he was saying, not sure if I enjoy game management as much as good fitba and goals right enough.

Didnae hear the crowd numbers, looked around 12,000 on a freezing night, muted but happy I would describe the Hibs fans. It was that cold, an article in the Viz magazine suggested wearing tights when its cold, I put my wife's tights on underneath my breeks tonight, am no wearing they fishnets again, never made a bit of difference.

We have some fine fitba players, especially when they click and the upcoming battle for top six will be interesting with St Johnstone beating well and Killie handing the filthy Huns their rancid, bigotted erses on a plate. Hibs target should be Livingston and Motherwell, then Europe, and ohh aye and its been a good 4 years since we won the cup n'all.

The team

Rocky did everything he had to do tonight, he must have been freezing.

Paul McGinn had a good game as part of a kinda three. No messing.

Adam Jackson had a fine game, he seems a better defender when not having to man mark a heifer of a striker. He was good tonight. Took his headed goal very well.

Paul too had a good game, he too enjoys it when the striker he is up against isnae battering into him all the time.

Joe Newell was again quietly good, playing pretty much as a left back, his crossing from dead balls is very good and his corner to set up Adam Jackson's goal was excellent.

Scottie was magic, four or five wonder passes and influenced the game constantly, looked shattered when he went off.

However there was an even better midfielder in Greg Docherty, I thought his fitba first class, he enthusiasm though, well he clearly loves playing for Hibernian, his efforts when playing, his ability, his workrate, his celebrations when we score and his pure unadulterated happiness as he walked offer at full time, applauding us, giving is a the two thumbs up with a smile as wide the Forth, well that is my kind of Hibs player. A fantatstic addition, I hope we can rescue him from his Hunnish hell.

Vicky Slivka did his job tonight, nothing more, nothing less, he was fine.

Boyler was like the old Boyler. It was that cauld the night an efficent Boiler was really necessary.

Doidgey scored again, its his best attribute. I see Wales are now watching. They should, he does score goals.

Sparky scored a smashing goal after good work with Scottie, missed a penalty which is not acceptable (although we scored from the corner that came from the penalty save), but most of all I was impressed by Marc's movement, its good, its clever, it causes problems.

Subs

Fraser replaced Scottie with 17 to go, he got himself into the mix and does his chances no harm.

Steph replaced Slivka with 15 to go and got himself involed all over the pitch, I prefer Omeonga playing every week but he earned his rest tonight and done enough when he came on.

Jamie Gullan cameon late for Sparky, I like the laddie, he only had a few minutes but I think he has something?

The management got it right, lots of rested players, significant changes and a very attacking set up, I liked it, especially first haf with Docs, Scottie, Marc and Boyler in their pomp. Nice. That is a Hibs team playing the Hibernian way there Jacky boy.

The referee, well he was ok, although the boy that kept kicking boyler should have seen red. McLean was Referee on that day in May 2016, so I go easy with him.

Ross County were pretty poor, although Fonts and especially Ollie Shaw were afforded warm appalause from the Hibs fans, both earned it, they are our people, we don't forget that.

The crowd as I said were muted, it was cold and I am sure few fancied belting out songs tonight. We all went home happy, bar the 50 or so Dingwallians.

Man of the Match is easy, Greg Docherty was superb, I will repat my mantra, the Huns can keep Hunberi, we will keep Greg, my type of player, he looks like a Hibs player to me.

Next up is the 60 miles to Kilmarnock to see Hibernian play. I assume its live on the telly, given the stupid 4.30 on a Sunday kick off time? I will be there, I hope to see a few of you for a Killie Pie and and Hibs Empire Biscuit behind the goal.

Hibernian Forever!
Great report was there was freezing but delighted with 3-0 - especially the 0 ( nil ) agree 100% Greg D was superb and hope we can sign him
Tough game at weekend but why not

Sproule Three

Bounce Radge
Cheers Mark
Agree with that .
Well worth getting up early to watch on Hibs TV
Fair enjoyed it.
When I heard the manager interview about the Rat going to the Hunnery I thought he was trying to smooth it over by saying Docherty was one of his main targets in the transfer window .
You can see now he meant it .
Glad Jackson didn’t go to Bolton . He makes a big difference. Hopefully gets a run of games now

Greenmachine

Bounce Radge
Hibs won fairly comfortably tonight and it would have been by more had our decision making been better in the last third. Too often the final ball was either the wrong one or not delivered quickly enough or accurately enough. An exception to that was Scott Allan's brilliant pass through for McNulty to score the first goal. What a difference it makes to get the first goal in these games. Ross County were a poor lot though and afforded Hibs a lot of time on the ball. Great to see Doidge on the score sheet again...he really does lead the line well and keeps defences occupied. His link up play is excellent and he is on schedule to hit 20 goals plus this season which is hard to believe given the lukewarm start to his Hibs career. I thought Docherty was excellent and probably merited MOTM but I thought Adam Jackson ran him close for that honour. An outstanding performance from the big man at the back and he deserved a goal at the end. McNulty took his goal well and his movement is very good, but he looked like he needs games which is understandable. Poor penalty attempt I thought and hopefully someone else is asked to take the pens from now on.

We still face a big struggle to secure a top six finish and it is all down to our inconsistency and the fragility of the defensive side of the team because we have lost far too many goals this season. We have really good attacking players but as a team we have just not defended well enough over the course of the season so far. Let's just hope we can secure that top 6 spot in the weeks ahead. Good three points tonight.

sockyboy

Bounce Radge
Cheers buddy, I had to work tonight and couldn't make it. Hibs win easily, Hertz humiliated and sevco lose....what a time to be alive

Boo

Bounce Radge
Hibs won fairly comfortably tonight and it would have been by more had our decision making been better in the last third. Too often the final ball was either the wrong one or not delivered quickly enough or accurately enough. An exception to that was Scott Allan's brilliant pass through for McNulty to score the first goal. What a difference it makes to get the first goal in these games. Ross County were a poor lot though and afforded Hibs a lot of time on the ball. Great to see Doidge on the score sheet again...he really does lead the line well and keeps defences occupied. His link up play is excellent and he is on schedule to hit 20 goals plus this season which is hard to believe given the lukewarm start to his Hibs career. I thought Docherty was excellent and probably merited MOTM but I thought Adam Jackson ran him close for that honour. An outstanding performance from the big man at the back and he deserved a goal at the end. McNulty took his goal well and his movement is very good, but he looked like he needs games which is understandable. Poor penalty attempt I thought and hopefully someone else is asked to take the pens from now on.

We still face a big struggle to secure a top six finish and it is all down to our inconsistency and the fragility of the defensive side of the team because we have lost far too many goals this season. We have really good attacking players but as a team we have just not defended well enough over the course of the season so far. Let's just hope we can secure that top 6 spot in the weeks ahead. Good three points tonight.
We could go on a nice wee run starting with 3 points on Sat -

WJC1848

Bounce Radge
Thanks for the Just Back, @1875. Smashing report. Loved the tights reference, the "left half" and the fulsome praise for those who merited it. Great three points and great three goals, given the results elsewhere.

Daddy 'O' Hibee

The Hibee Radge
Bounce Radge
That was a crucial three points and as good a display for wee while, I love a clean sheet. The lad Docherty is superb . Adam Jackson strolled the game ably helped either side by the two Paul's. The front two are a handful. Joe Newell has a sweet cross and pass in him, worked hard tonight. Please go and do Killie on Sunday it will more or less see us finish top six. GGTTH

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Bounce Radge
I thought first half we got the goal but didn't offer to much afterwads.

The second half we controlled from beginning to the end.

Docherty and Boyle were superb but Docherty shaved MOTM for me.

Green tinted specs

Bounce Radge

Also thought Jackson was MOTM. Cool calm and had some good sorties up the park. Everytime he broke up their attacks be it with the head or feet, he seemed to find a green shirt.

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
£107.00
Earned
£81.28
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

The Bounce is 19 Years Old