• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Just back and that was a masterclass in Hun skelping

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP David.

Thanks M and all the best to you and your family.

Sincere condolences for the loss of your uncle.

Thanks for the report. For those of us who don't get to matches it's great to get a fans take on the day. Hibs tv is my way of watching but your words today reminded me of the sheer joy of being at the games. Thanks again 🙏🏻👍🏻

Sincere condolences on the loss of your uncle. And thanks for the report, and for the Hun-baiting. There were none near where we were, and bizarrely we didn't see any on our walk back to the bus. Where on earth had they gone? Or even Middle Earth?
While I'm on this thread, a big shout-out to @monktonharp (Wullie) for his sterling work with the Milton Mowbray buses. After the last two years, it's been too easy to forget how many wonderful Hibbies there are out there. It was great to catch up again.

I call it as I see it.. Nothing else

So do I. Seeing you're hero trying to cripple a Hun in the first minute of the game was what I expect from any Hibernian leader. I was fucking delighted and knew that the tone had been set for us. As it turned out to be.

Well done Mr Hanlon. Take a bow.

BIG G

Sincere condolences on the loss of your uncle. And thanks for the report, and for the Hun-baiting. There were none near where we were, and bizarrely we didn't see any on our walk back to the bus. Where on earth had they gone? Or even Middle Earth?
While I'm on this thread, a big shout-out to @monktonharp (Wullie) for his sterling work with the Milton Mowbray buses. After the last two years, it's been too easy to forget how many wonderful Hibbies there are out there. It was great to catch up again.
Wullie has been a friend and Comrade for several decades.

BIG G

So do I. Seeing you're hero trying to cripple a Hun in the first minute of the game was what I expect from any Hibernian leader. I was fucking delighted and knew that the tone had been set for us. As it turned out to be.

Well done Mr Hanlon. Take a bow.

BIG G
I was delighted as well.. Looked to me that the challenge was laid down as we were gonna take it to them.. Hanlon as said on other threads was fantastic and displayed all the characteristics of a HIbs captain.. Lets hope it continues then ........

Are you for real ?? When did it become mandatory that we all have to offer our condolences to someone who's lost a family member ?? That is absolute roaster behaviour

Tell you what , send me your address and I will send you a card,,,,,,,

Get a grip of yourself mate and stay away from sharp objects for a few days...

I'm going to count to 10....

BIG G

What a day, what a wonderful, wonderful day. Our bonnie boys smashed the Huns. I have a long and winding tale to tell, written whilst nursing a ‘slight’ hangover, but I am going to start this Just Back talking about a man who deserves a lot of credit for yesterday, our manager, Jack Ross. The first half served up by his Hibs team was as good as I have seen his version of Hibernian play. We harried, we chased, we won second balls, we won knock downs, we defended like heroes, we let them have all the possession and in Boyler, we have a Starman who turned the fuglies inside out and picked them off with pace and guile. Second half we soaked up the pressure and last ten we went at them again as the fans of Scotland’s shame drifted off into the night and the massed choir of Hibernian fans reminded them there was “One Steven Gerrard”, “Warburton is a fanny” and that they had “Let their club/ cult die”. Well done Jack, that was magnificent, a tactical masterclass as I said. Thank you, thank you.

So to what turned out to be a very long day, which started, as ever on our trips west, by meeting at Deer Park in Livingston to fill our bus, then on to Linlithgow to pick up the Lithgae Hibs boys, a superb bunch of folk enjoying their first Bounce tours. Our bus driver who knew every short cut in central Scotland, didnae know about the legendary speed bumps of Uphall, and nearly left half the undercarriage of the coach behind!

We flew past the London Road Bounce Bus on the way and were at the social club before it officially opened! It’s fair to say a good time was had by all at the club and we boarded at tooth hurty for Hampden, managing to lose the St Pats bus between our club and Hampden. Word is they initially ended up in a Rangers Car Park!!

Playing them brings both the best and worst out in me, I really genuinely hate everything about them. I spent the walk from the bus to the stadium through the strangely mixed fans telling all the Huns we met along the way how “They let their club die” and asking them if they had “Seen a handsome hun”? They looked bewildered as I did it, the look of the intolerant, sectarian scumbags that they are, and causing great hilarity in my wee group. Magic, and it was to get better.

Entering Hampden I noticed that the corporate seats in the south stand were generally empty and we moved up to them. As kick off approached, the wee corporate box doors opened, in one box, they was around 12 Huns, including one who looked incredibly like John Beaton (and who left at half time). As Zab, who I met for the first time yesterday, will confirm, I spent the first half in particular goading them, especially when we scored. By the third I was enjoying the Hun baiting so much, I ended up in beside them celebrating, they were befuddled, one calling me a 40 year old virgin, which I took as a compliment then retorted that wisnae what his wife said. Indeed, he missed the Hun goal arguing with me. Parking the hilarity of baiting them, you do have to question the authorities for selling corporate seats to opposition fans in the middle of the Hibs end? One daft hun even had a red, white and orange beanie hat on, when the rules always say no colours. What a laugh through, the ‘people’ dinnae like it up them.

So to the game and where do I begin? Well I will start with Josh Campbell, who has looked a player every time I have seen him play. He was superb yesterday, playing beyond his years. I will add JDH who got tore in, he too played like a titan and was overjoyed at the end, waving his country’s flag in delight. Then there was Chris Cadden who had a very good game, where he found the energy to get up and down the line, especially the last ten minutes, well that is what I want of a Hibs player. Matt Macey, holding every cross, Paul McGinn, steady as ever, looking for the right out ball, Porto imperious, Paul imperious beside him, Josh Doig up and down that line, Joe Newell working his socks off, and adding a touch of class, the recently much maligned Kevin Nisbet, who held the ball brilliantly for Boyler and ran himself into the ground for us. Finally, there was Boyler, who was frankly unplayable first half, he smashed it, he smashed them, and that is a man who has travelled over 35,000 les in the last month. I wish I had half his energy. Lewis and Daz bolstered the defence when we lost Josh Doig and Porto and it was a joy to see Christian Doidge re-join the fold, he got tore right in just when we needed it.

So, the team, a team of heroes……..

Matt Macey was superb, held everything and commanded his box.

Paul McGinn had a strong game and linked up very well with Chris Cadden. His sprint back in a race with one hun was superb, beating him hands down in a race for the ball.

Porto was imperious from kick off to post match interview, one mistake cost a goal and I reckon he had worked so hard he had to go off burst. Superb young man, the future captain of Hibernian and Scotland.

Paul Hanlon took and early booking but went on to have his best game in a Hibs jersey this season, he won everything and played like a captain. Brilliant Paul, brilliant.

Josh Doig got up and down that line all game, and the look on his face in the post-match celebrations told me how much he enjoyed that.

Chris Cadden had his best game in a Hibs jersey, his energy and skill really shone through, he too enjoyed that.

JDH had a great game, strong in the challenge, nothing scared him. Covered a lot of ground and worked brilliantly with Joe Newell to stop the Huns playing. His celebration at the end when he jumped into the Hibs fans to get a tricolour showed how much the young Irishman enjoyed that.

Joe Newell worked well with JDH, his passing was controlled and simple, he calmed things down whilst also getting up the pitch and supporting the attack.

Kevin Nisbet was a team player yesterday; his harrying of their defence gave Boyler the room he needed. I thought Kevin offered a lot and looked ecstatic at the end of the game.

Martin Boyle was unplayable first half, not since Ivan Sproule have I seen a Hibs player destroy the Huns like that. It was magical to watch and I bet he slept well last night. What a player Boyler is, they simply did not know what to do with him.

The Subs

Lewis replaced Josh Doig seamlessly. Caught for pace once, he made up for it every time after that.

Daz replaced a shattered Porto near the end and id what Daz does best, stopped them when he had too.

The loudest cheer for a sub was the introduction of Christian Doidge for Nissy with ten to go. He came on and made an immediate impact, he gave them hell, jumping into them at challenges and dragging us up the pitch to try and put a final nail in their 9 year old coffin.

The boss, I have said much of what I wanted to say about Jack at the top of this summary, he simply got his tactics, changes and play spot on. We battered them and helped destroy the daft idea he cannae win big games. He did, and with some aplomb. He too looked delighted at the end, he deserved to be.

The referee, well he wisnae your normal hun apologist, that is for sure. He wisnae great, interestingly at the game I thought he gave far more fouls to them, but in fact it was 8 compared to our 6, so in reflection he kept the game moving and helped us on our way to beating them.

The Huns. Well other than a couple of sectarian ditties chanted before we scored and a defiant Billy Boys when they scored, we put their gas at a peep. It was a weird sight as 35,000 huns turned up dressed like Dundee United fans, not the most flattering of colours on a 20 stone fan, especially as she was only about 18 year old! The wee group behind us in corporate will hate Hibs even more, mission accomplished. On field, we you boys took one hell of a tanking, we slapped your arse orange. There is nothing to fear from them, even more so when they took their two better players off in Aribo and Kamara? Thanks for that hunboys.

The Hibs fans in full voice are a joy to behold. The 10,500 or so that attended backed the team from start to finish and the songs were brilliant, I am still hoarse the next day. We shone in adversity and I had a fantastic day. It was great to be a Hibby again after a month or two of pretty poor stuff. I love the taste of Hun tears,, delicious.

Man of the Match is easy, Martin Boyle was simply unplayable and destroyed them. What a game, what a performance.

Next up is Ross County on Wednesday. Back down to earth with a thump, well I hope not. I mind the 1000 or so of us who traipsed up to Inversneckie a few days after we lost the League Cup Final to Ross County. WE won that evening and went on to win the Scottish Cup. I will be there; I hope to see a few of you up there. Hibs back on track, lets hunt the puddledrinkers down with our games in hand. I do worry that we may have a few injuries for midweek.

Finally, I would like to dedicate this Just Back to my Uncle David Ross (1936 to 2021). A Hibs man his whole life, he passed away during the week. David was one of my Hibs uncles and sat in the west stand at Easter Road with myself, my boys, my friends and his daughter Kate and her sons Thomas and Alex, who were with us yesterday to see Hibs win. He would have been looking down smiling.

Rest In Peace David, your memory marches on.

Hibernian Forever!
Fantastic stuff Mark 💚

Last edited by a moderator:
What a day, what a wonderful, wonderful day. Our bonnie boys smashed the Huns. I have a long and winding tale to tell, written whilst nursing a ‘slight’ hangover, but I am going to start this Just Back talking about a man who deserves a lot of credit for yesterday, our manager, Jack Ross. The first half served up by his Hibs team was as good as I have seen his version of Hibernian play. We harried, we chased, we won second balls, we won knock downs, we defended like heroes, we let them have all the possession and in Boyler, we have a Starman who turned the fuglies inside out and picked them off with pace and guile. Second half we soaked up the pressure and last ten we went at them again as the fans of Scotland’s shame drifted off into the night and the massed choir of Hibernian fans reminded them there was “One Steven Gerrard”, “Warburton is a fanny” and that they had “Let their club/ cult die”. Well done Jack, that was magnificent, a tactical masterclass as I said. Thank you, thank you.

So to what turned out to be a very long day, which started, as ever on our trips west, by meeting at Deer Park in Livingston to fill our bus, then on to Linlithgow to pick up the Lithgae Hibs boys, a superb bunch of folk enjoying their first Bounce tours. Our bus driver who knew every short cut in central Scotland, didnae know about the legendary speed bumps of Uphall, and nearly left half the undercarriage of the coach behind!

We flew past the London Road Bounce Bus on the way and were at the social club before it officially opened! It’s fair to say a good time was had by all at the club and we boarded at tooth hurty for Hampden, managing to lose the St Pats bus between our club and Hampden. Word is they initially ended up in a Rangers Car Park!!

Playing them brings both the best and worst out in me, I really genuinely hate everything about them. I spent the walk from the bus to the stadium through the strangely mixed fans telling all the Huns we met along the way how “They let their club die” and asking them if they had “Seen a handsome hun”? They looked bewildered as I did it, the look of the intolerant, sectarian scumbags that they are, and causing great hilarity in my wee group. Magic, and it was to get better.

Entering Hampden I noticed that the corporate seats in the south stand were generally empty and we moved up to them. As kick off approached, the wee corporate box doors opened, in one box, they was around 12 Huns, including one who looked incredibly like John Beaton (and who left at half time). As Zab, who I met for the first time yesterday, will confirm, I spent the first half in particular goading them, especially when we scored. By the third I was enjoying the Hun baiting so much, I ended up in beside them celebrating, they were befuddled, one calling me a 40 year old virgin, which I took as a compliment then retorted that wisnae what his wife said. Indeed, he missed the Hun goal arguing with me. Parking the hilarity of baiting them, you do have to question the authorities for selling corporate seats to opposition fans in the middle of the Hibs end? One daft hun even had a red, white and orange beanie hat on, when the rules always say no colours. What a laugh through, the ‘people’ dinnae like it up them.

So to the game and where do I begin? Well I will start with Josh Campbell, who has looked a player every time I have seen him play. He was superb yesterday, playing beyond his years. I will add JDH who got tore in, he too played like a titan and was overjoyed at the end, waving his country’s flag in delight. Then there was Chris Cadden who had a very good game, where he found the energy to get up and down the line, especially the last ten minutes, well that is what I want of a Hibs player. Matt Macey, holding every cross, Paul McGinn, steady as ever, looking for the right out ball, Porto imperious, Paul imperious beside him, Josh Doig up and down that line, Joe Newell working his socks off, and adding a touch of class, the recently much maligned Kevin Nisbet, who held the ball brilliantly for Boyler and ran himself into the ground for us. Finally, there was Boyler, who was frankly unplayable first half, he smashed it, he smashed them, and that is a man who has travelled over 35,000 les in the last month. I wish I had half his energy. Lewis and Daz bolstered the defence when we lost Josh Doig and Porto and it was a joy to see Christian Doidge re-join the fold, he got tore right in just when we needed it.

So, the team, a team of heroes……..

Matt Macey was superb, held everything and commanded his box.

Paul McGinn had a strong game and linked up very well with Chris Cadden. His sprint back in a race with one hun was superb, beating him hands down in a race for the ball.

Porto was imperious from kick off to post match interview, one mistake cost a goal and I reckon he had worked so hard he had to go off burst. Superb young man, the future captain of Hibernian and Scotland.

Paul Hanlon took and early booking but went on to have his best game in a Hibs jersey this season, he won everything and played like a captain. Brilliant Paul, brilliant.

Josh Doig got up and down that line all game, and the look on his face in the post-match celebrations told me how much he enjoyed that.

Chris Cadden had his best game in a Hibs jersey, his energy and skill really shone through, he too enjoyed that.

JDH had a great game, strong in the challenge, nothing scared him. Covered a lot of ground and worked brilliantly with Joe Newell to stop the Huns playing. His celebration at the end when he jumped into the Hibs fans to get a tricolour showed how much the young Irishman enjoyed that.

Joe Newell worked well with JDH, his passing was controlled and simple, he calmed things down whilst also getting up the pitch and supporting the attack.

Kevin Nisbet was a team player yesterday; his harrying of their defence gave Boyler the room he needed. I thought Kevin offered a lot and looked ecstatic at the end of the game.

Martin Boyle was unplayable first half, not since Ivan Sproule have I seen a Hibs player destroy the Huns like that. It was magical to watch and I bet he slept well last night. What a player Boyler is, they simply did not know what to do with him.

The Subs

Lewis replaced Josh Doig seamlessly. Caught for pace once, he made up for it every time after that.

Daz replaced a shattered Porto near the end and id what Daz does best, stopped them when he had too.

The loudest cheer for a sub was the introduction of Christian Doidge for Nissy with ten to go. He came on and made an immediate impact, he gave them hell, jumping into them at challenges and dragging us up the pitch to try and put a final nail in their 9 year old coffin.

The boss, I have said much of what I wanted to say about Jack at the top of this summary, he simply got his tactics, changes and play spot on. We battered them and helped destroy the daft idea he cannae win big games. He did, and with some aplomb. He too looked delighted at the end, he deserved to be.

The referee, well he wisnae your normal hun apologist, that is for sure. He wisnae great, interestingly at the game I thought he gave far more fouls to them, but in fact it was 8 compared to our 6, so in reflection he kept the game moving and helped us on our way to beating them.

The Huns. Well other than a couple of sectarian ditties chanted before we scored and a defiant Billy Boys when they scored, we put their gas at a peep. It was a weird sight as 35,000 huns turned up dressed like Dundee United fans, not the most flattering of colours on a 20 stone fan, especially as she was only about 18 year old! The wee group behind us in corporate will hate Hibs even more, mission accomplished. On field, we you boys took one hell of a tanking, we slapped your arse orange. There is nothing to fear from them, even more so when they took their two better players off in Aribo and Kamara? Thanks for that hunboys.

The Hibs fans in full voice are a joy to behold. The 10,500 or so that attended backed the team from start to finish and the songs were brilliant, I am still hoarse the next day. We shone in adversity and I had a fantastic day. It was great to be a Hibby again after a month or two of pretty poor stuff. I love the taste of Hun tears,, delicious.

Man of the Match is easy, Martin Boyle was simply unplayable and destroyed them. What a game, what a performance.

Next up is Ross County on Wednesday. Back down to earth with a thump, well I hope not. I mind the 1000 or so of us who traipsed up to Inversneckie a few days after we lost the League Cup Final to Ross County. WE won that evening and went on to win the Scottish Cup. I will be there; I hope to see a few of you up there. Hibs back on track, lets hunt the puddledrinkers down with our games in hand. I do worry that we may have a few injuries for midweek.

Finally, I would like to dedicate this Just Back to my Uncle David Ross (1936 to 2021). A Hibs man his whole life, he passed away during the week. David was one of my Hibs uncles and sat in the west stand at Easter Road with myself, my boys, my friends and his daughter Kate and her sons Thomas and Alex, who were with us yesterday to see Hibs win. He would have been looking down smiling.

Rest In Peace David, your memory marches on.

Hibernian Forever!
Sorry to hear about your uncle Mark. R.I.P

Sorry to hear that about your Uncle 1875.

A Just Back worth the wait there! Good stuff and hoping that some momentum and consistancy can be found for the rest of the season.

Hibs is about hope, often futile, but hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 3581 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back