• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Just Back and Raith were professionally dispatched...

Weeping and wailing has been the theme of the week, Hibs fans v Hibs Fans, board apologists v conspiracy theorists, the press v the silence of the board, journalists predicting a 'cup shock', Persil v the Bed Sheets, Leeann loves Oli, George and Eddie are such a laugh, total turmoil, you name it. Ma fucking heed is nipping with it all.

Hibs come out ,take one look at Raith, give them a slap and knock them out, job done. Forza can enjoy his work on Monday. McGlynn resplendent in tight tracky bottoms and what looked like a pair of slip on's clearly skipped the bit about David Gray going forward in his analysis, ten minutes in we had had at least six runs from the captain, we were in control, if and when we scored, we were beating them.
Before I talk about our team, I will say that Raith came to take us on, they and their 1600 or so fans gave it a go. They looked like a lower end premiership team and played far better than some of their higher league peers. Pity Raith get 1600 at home too eh? Imagine if their fans didnae just turn up in the cup, although the opposite can be said about the Hibs support, just over 7000 Hibs fans???? Was that the board/ Leeann/ Neil & Garry's/ Auntie Mary's fault too? (delete as appropriate).

Whilst we were at no point magnificent, we professionally dispatched a decent, hard working team. Football broke out in patches, we saw some decent stuff from McNulty and Flo, Oli came on and did his bit as did Omeonga, Spike, Lewis and Sir Dave did what we want them to do, Mallan had a better game than recently and three different players scored. Hibs won, I am delighted. I am sure others will disagree?

Before I comment on the individual performances, some of the gossip doing the rounds today that you may not hear? Factual one is that Marc McNulty's wee one has been no well and in Sick Kids this week. Keep that in mind when you review his very decent performance after watching the game on the radio. Other tales relayed included us being taken by surprise who we announce as our new manager. I did ask if that meant I would pee the sheets in fear, it was suggested not. Lets see. Neil Lennon was the reason Ryan Porteous played with an injury ( very week medical people we have if they cannae speak up?). The stoatir was that Neil was three and your out for raising his hands to George Craig. Those of you that have been in George's company will know you might want to raise your hands in his company, but it would be to but your hand over his mooth as he is an awfy blether. The only one I would consider a fact is Marc's wee one being no well. The good news is the wee one is getting better. Get well soon with lost of love from the Hibs fans.

Eddy Grant will be delighted their stint is over, new man on Monday I am hearing?

The Team

Rocky, no really tested. Distribution is awful, he tried to use Spike as an Efe out ball, it doesn't work. Lost a goal and does not command his box.

Sir David Gray, Captain of Hibernian on the day he scored the winning goal in the 92nd minute at Hampden v the Huns had a good game, I enjoyed his marauding runs and Captains attitude. Great challenge on young Callum Crane when Raith tried to push their way back in the gang. Hibernian are a better team when David plays. The only part of Leeann's Pravda message I really agreed with during the week was giving Captain Dave a job for life at out club.

Daz had a no nonsense game, although I am not sure if it was him or Paul who lost their No. 5 for the Raith goal?

Paul was poor again, what the hell has happened to one of the best footballers at the club? Haas he been forced back too soon?

Lewis strolled though the game.

I thought Milligan had a smashing game, good balls, broke up play and looked decent. He tired after 70 minutes and was replaced by Whiits after 80.

Mallan had a decent game for me, playing further forward suits him and he tried to push us on. Might have scored with a couple of decent shots.

I think Slivka flatters to deceive. Scored a decent goal after an excellent touch from McNulty, looks the part going forward with the odd good ball but hides for large parts of the game and is a lightweight who wouldnae tackle a fish supper.

Horgan scored a decent goal, otherwise is a waste of a jersey. Blows out his arse before half time, was delighted to see him go after 60 minutes.

Flo never stopped trying and really did deserve a goal for his efforts. I like the laddie (he is just a laddie) and feel he is trying too hard. The arseholes who get on his back need to piss off to Tynecastle. I can see a decent pairing between him and Marc Mac.

Marc McNulty had a very good game, he has a lovely touch, makes intelligent moves and scored a very well taken goal. Given his personal circumstances and lack of games, I expect Marc will be part of this seasons revival. I like him, he was playing on the front line.

The Subs

Omeonga replaced the unfit and half arsed Horgan and showed he has something, very decent workrate, good close skill and a bit of confidence. Lose the pineapple on the napper pal.

Whitts came on for Spike with 10 to go. Only Eddy Grant knows why. I would have played Bagirimana last 10.

Oli came on for Marc Mac with 5 to go and created a half chance.

Raith

Well done both the team and fans. I have seen much, much worse. I hope you get back up to the Championship. Elgin's drunk 500 made more noise though.

Referee

The Hun Bastard had a quiet game. Still a Hun bastard though.

The Management Team

Eddy Grant picked a team to win, we did. I thought the choice of Whitty over Bagirimana was poor, otherwise they sent a team out to win. We did so comfortably. Thanks guys, you give me hope ya bammers.

Man of the Match

Easy, Marc McNulty. Only Milligan came close for me.

So, we won, we are in the quarter finals, Thistle or United in the next round at Easter Road for me please?

Being greedy, can I also ask that we now start looking forward, I am not a board apologist, I am a Hibs fan, home and away, like you all, Hibernian are our club, that is for life. Time to get behind our club, the new manager, the players, dare I say it the board. I heard both friends and family say that they were not renewing their season tickets next season. At least they turned up today and told me that. Club, over to you on that one, you won them back, you are losing them, better work out how you win them back again. Hard work needed their, people will vote with their hard cash and feet, its looking ominous on that one.

See you all behind the goal, which I learned today is actually a saying that goes back to the auld days when Hibs fans would say it in reference to the Eastern Cemetery behind the Famous Five Stand where many Hibernians are buried including Dan McMichael, one of our greatest founding fathers. I might book a spot there in my will?

Hibernian Forever!
Agree with that almost in its entirety mate, especially the last bit. Quality summary as per, I don't post on here enough but still look forward to your synopsis after every game. Might be unpopular but I'm a Slivka fan, he is probably better suited to continental leagues but for me he's a player that I expect we have not seen the best of. Of course I am watching most games, including today, on the telly so don't see the full picture. Thought he was our best today.

Agree with that almost in its entirety mate, especially the last bit. Quality summary as per, I don't post on here enough but still look forward to your synopsis after every game. Might be unpopular but I'm a Slivka fan, he is probably better suited to continental leagues but for me he's a player that I expect we have not seen the best of. Of course I am watching most games, including today, on the telly so don't see the full picture. Thought he was our best today.
By far our best player . The telly doesn’t lie

I thought Milligan had one of his best games for us today but he can't seem to last 90 minutes. Not sure if its an age thing or an underlying injury but he fades badly usually with about 15 minutes to go and it seems to happen every game he plays.

@Greenpower confirmed Reading want serious money for him which will rule out us unfortunately
Suppose it depends how much the player himself wants to be here. I think I read that he wasn't even training with the first team at Reading so they'll want him off the wage bill but they can't force him to go somewhere he doesn't want to go. They might end up just having to take a hit on the transfer fee they paid.

Suppose it depends how much the player himself wants to be here. I think I read that he wasn't even training with the first team at Reading so they'll want him off the wage bill but they can't force him to go somewhere he doesn't want to go. They might end up just having to take a hit on the transfer fee they paid.

I am sure @Greenpower will help you on that.

I am sure @Greenpower will help you on that.

Think you mean @Power

One of the best things I liked today was mcnulty going down the left watching flo make his run and hitting a low cross over to him.
I thought his composure and intelligence was impressive here although I like Boyle it's something he lacks in this department.
Mcnulty showed class here something we have been missing .

One of the best things I liked today was mcnulty going down the left watching flo make his run and hitting a low cross over to him.
I thought his composure and intelligence was impressive here although I like Boyle it's something he lacks in this department.
Mcnulty showed class here something we have been missing .

Excellen observation.

Got to say I enjoyed a lot about our performance today. I do think we look a wee bit vulnerable at the back. I thought the midfield looked very good in the first half. Certainly more positives than negatives. A pathetic turnout though from us.

Got to say I enjoyed a lot about our performance today. I do think we look a wee bit vulnerable at the back. I thought the midfield looked very good in the first half. Certainly more positives than negatives. A pathetic turnout though from us.

not in your usual seat ?

Bollocks !
you dinnae want fire in yer bollocks.

Done enough to win and that's all that matters in a cup-tie. Getting the early first half goals helped immensely. Lost a bad goal in the second half and allowed Raith too much space. Hibs looked very soft through the middle and I hope the new manger builds his new team from the back and establishes a strong spine in the team because we certainly lack a spine at the moment. Too many half hearted tackles.
Really impressed with Marc McNulty's great movement and finishing. Hope we can get him on a permanent deal in the summer. Omeonga impressed me when he came on. Horgan was excellent I thought and scored a great goal. Yet further injuries with Horgan and Milligan going off. Slivka had a decent game...I've not been too impressed by Slivka since he came to Hibs but there are signs recently we are starting to see the player we thought we were getting.
New manager in next week. We have to be realistic about what he is going to be able to achieve in the short term and for the rest of this season. Get some confidence back into the players and organise them properly. Next season IMO we will be a much better team.

Just watched the highlights, and it was Horgan who played mcnulty thru and not Slivka . Specsavers here I come :icon-redface:
Horgan had a decent hand in all the goals .

Big Yogi can't half talk in fitba cliches , I really wish it had worked out better for him at Hibs , but it was a gutless team by the end of his tenure. Surprising giving his personality.

not in your usual seat ?

Sat in the West mate.

Just seen the highlights what a goal by Horgan and what a ball through for the third goal.

We did what we had to do yesterday and that was the main thing. As has been intimated Flo and McNulty look to be starting to form an understanding and the makings of a partnership which is positive.

In the middle of the park I still feel we have too many floaters - players that don’t impose themselves on the game for sustained enough periods. Milligan looks as though he’s starting to settle back into things finally, however I wish he’d move the ball quicker, he at times seem to want to look for the more difficult pass and this results in him holding onto the ball when there’s a simple 10-15 yard pass on. He broke up a few Raith attacks at key points yesterday and hopefully he can build on it.

Horgan is so frustrating, involved in all three goals yesterday but I still find myself wanting more from him. As soon as that clock ticks to 60 you know you’re not going to get much more out of him. Slivka was ok, but again is frustrating, he has the heart of a mouse, but as has been noted he rarely wastes a ball.

I’d like to see Omengoa get a start, had some nice touches when he came on and I think just needs to get used to speed of our game.

Gray, Stevenson and MacGregor were there usual selves. Someone above made a comment about it would be amazing if our full backs could play the ball into space - I’d question how many times our full backs receive the ball in front of them. A real bug bear of mine. If someone could find the real Paul Hanlon it would be appreciated.

On a final note, quite amazing that we scored a goal today which started out from a throw in just inside the Raith half. A collectors item I imagine.

I know - imagine Hanlon , Stevenson or McGegor making an obviously easy slide rule standard pass to one of their own team mates running into a free space the size of the Amazon rain forests ? took Kamberi a few nano seconds to gather his thoughts !
That's almost a backhanded compliment.
I enjoyed the "Just Back".
My only addition is I thought Kamberi played well enough, considering very little is coming off for him at the moment. You can see he is try his darnedest, but if he had only looked up a couple of times rather than try to force the ball home, he could have had a couple of very good assists. I agree with your reinforcement that he is still a young player.

Cheers Mark.

Personally I hope we get Auchinleck Talbot at ER.

Milligan looks as though he’s starting to settle back into things finally, however I wish he’d move the ball quicker
tbf to Milligan, he's not the only one guilty of this. On a number of occasions yesterday we dispossessed a Raith player in our third of the pitch and then either played it backwards or sideways giving Raith time to get back and organised again as opposed to moving the ball forward quickly.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I think the squad are capable of much more and far better and once the new guy whoever it is takes over I hope he can get the spark back. For me he has a chance of top 6 but also plenty time to assess what he wants in the summer sales. Hibs for the cup

This thread has been viewed 4603 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50