• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Just back and jings, crivvens, help ma boab, we are the top team....

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
On merit too.

I watched it in my livingroom on the 'big' telly after a week in bonnie Argyll. Hibs won, it caps a fantastic week off work.

Dundee Hibs set up to stop us winning, they failed. Jack set Hibernian up to win, tweaked it when it wasn't working, we won. Nae ingin peh's, nae circles to navigate, nae night oot with ma bairn post match in the Phoenix, nae Daphne Broons to meet up Stoorie Brae, fitba without 3 to 5000 Hibs fans and more from our offspring in a stadium made for over 14,000, live on various telly channels, streams and sadly no pay per view from the Arabs, made for a weird night for our team remaining top of the league.

Still, we won and we, the michty, braw, oft chased by PC Murdoch, Hibernians sit on top of the bucket of our league. It may be soiled by selfish, overpaid spunk stains who cannae behave, but call it now, oor club are top o the league by the width o the silvery Tay!

The team.....

Ofir, didna pit a fit wrang, well played.

Paul McGinn had a smashin' gem, up n doon tha' pitch aw nicht. Braw.

Ryan Porteous wis guid tae , hoots, the laddie can play.

Paul Hanlon, a fine Hibernian, strolled it.

Josh Doig, the Bairn, a future star, accomplished, confident, Maggie Broon sent him a love letter after that yin.

Alex Gogic, crivvens, wit a man, booked early, didnae bother him, the dig we needed.

Joe Newell did a joab, he was shattered when he went oaf.

Daryll Horgan gave us 55 minutes, he done fine tae, he had them running in circles.

Boyler was hurtet early, and come in and oot the game, Would enjoy beating United, being an ex Dee.

Kevin Nisbet, was sweating like a Lochee Lassie up the Perth Road at Midnicht, worked his soaks oaf to score. I like this laddie awfa much.

Chris Doidge is a team player, never stopped aw night, Hen and Joe Broon would be proud o his graft, and his goal was braw. Jings, crivvens, help ma boab whit a goal!!!

The Subs

Scottie replaced Daryll after 55 minutes, Daryll was fair pechting after a guid shift, Scottie did weel comin' oan.

Melker replaces the fair done in Joe Newell, and did his job well. I felt the subs were right, Joe can play more than one role, Daryll less so.

The Gaffer

Jock, I salute you. We have great shape, you are no feart to tweak it when you have to, I like the cut of your jib, that is the Hibernian way.

United

I would be lying if I said I dinnae have a soft spot for United. Unlike Celtc, I dinnae see them as bastard offsping, I see them as a club, like our own, who have fought through intolerance to become the big team in their city. I wish them well. They have work to do. The big fellae Butcher disnae hing aboot.

The Referee

Another tosspot, in a league of them.

Fans

Can you imagine the Hibs end tonight, it would have been mobbed. I miss that. Selfish pricks at Aberdeen and Celtc just slow down any chance we get back to games anytime soon.

Man of the Match

Two choices, Josh Doig and Paul McGinn. Who would of thunk Sir David, Captain of Hibernian and scorer of that goal on the 21st of May 2016 and Lewis Stevenson, the man who won both cups would be kept out of our team by two solid, excellent fitba players? Josh gets the Man of Match by a bawhair for me. Paul, you deserved it too.

Next up is Motherwell at Easter Road on Saturday, they won't be shite for long so tough one. We could go 12 points clear of Abersheep and 8 above Celtc by 8pm on Saturday. Think about that!

Jack Ross, Green and White Army!

Hibernian Forever!

Last edited:
Great “ Just back “.Agree with everything you have said.Thanks for all your effort.Much appreciated.

Absolutely one of the best just backs ever ???
Hen and Maggie must be fair chuft ??

Soapy Soutar says, honk, boak, am seek.

Whit a stoatin report, I sense they get easier when we JUST KEEP WINNIN :)

And also the fact you're no just back afore midnicht might help.

Muchas gracias amigo

Thanks for the just back, agree with all that. Is it just me, or did Utd resemble a gunts team? No attempt to play football and just horrible to watch.

21.5.16 Just Back will never be topped..

great win tonight, still not conceded from open play, would have loved to be up in Dundee tonight supporting Hibs.

On merit too.

I watched it in my livingroom on the 'big' telly after a week in bonnie Argyll. Hibs won, it caps a fantastic week off work.

Dundee Hibs set up to stop us winning, they failed. Jack set Hibernian up to win, tweaked it when it wasn't working, we won. Nae ingin peh's, nae circles to navigate, nae night oot with ma bairn post match in the Phoenix, nae Daphne Broons to meet up Stoorie Brae, fitba without 3 to 5000 Hibs fans and more from our offspring in a stadium made for over 14,000, live on various telly channels, streams and sadly no pay per view from the Arabs, made for a weird night for our team remaining top of the league.

Still, we won and we, the michty, braw, oft chased by PC Murdoch, Hibernians sit on top of the bucket of our league. It may be soiled by selfish, overpaid spunk stains who cannae behave, but call it now, oor club are top o the league by the width o the silvery Tay!

The team.....

Josh Doig, a future star, acomplished, confident, Maggie Broon sent him a love letter after that yin.

Alex Gogic, crivvens, wit a man, booked early, didnae bother him, the dig we needed.

Daryll Horgan gave us 55 minutes, he done fine tae, he had them running in circles.

Boyler was hurtet early, and come in and oot the game, Would enjoy beating United, being and ex Dee.

Kevin Nisbet, was sweating like a Lochee Lassie up the Perth Road at Midnicht, worked his soaks oaf to score. I like this laddie awfa much.

Chris Doidge is a team player, never stopped aw night, Hen and Joe Broon would be proud o his graft, and his goal was braw. Jings, crivvens, help ma boab whit a goal!!!

The Subs

Scottie replaced Daryll after 55 minutes, Daryll was fair pechting after a guid shift, Scottie did weel comin' oan.

Melker replaces the fair done in Joe Newell, and did his job well. I felt the subs were right, Joe can play more than one role, Daryll less so.

The Gaffer

Jock, I salute you. We have great shape, you are no feart to tweak it when you have to, I like the cut of your jib, that is the Hibernian way.

United

I would be lying if I said I dinnae have a soft spot for United. Unlike Celtc, I dinnae see them as bastard offsping, I see them as a club, like our own, who have fought through intolerance to become the big team in their city. I wish them well. They have work to do. The big fellae Butcher disnae hing aboot.

The Referee

Fans

Can you imagine the Hibs ends tonight, it would have been mobbed. I miss that. Selfish pricks at The Sheep and Celtc just slow down any chance we get back to games anytime soon.

Man of the Match

Two choices, Josh Doig and Paul McGinn. Who would of thunk Sir David, Captain of Hibernian and scorer of that goal on the 21st of May 2016 and Lewis Stevenson, the man who won both cups would be kept out of our team by two solid, excellent fitba players? Josh gets the Man of Match by a bawhair for me. Paul, you deserved it too.

Next up is Motherwell at Easter Road on Saturday, they won't be shite for long so tough one. We could go 12 point clear of Abersheep and 8 above Celtc by 8pm on Saturday. Think about that!

Hibernian Forever!
Classic just back!! Much appreciated as per :7:

Only seen the highlights , as I was keeping the world going :47:, but from what I seen , Rocky never had a save, mcginn was excellent and the Hibs go marching on.
the goal was never offside, dosen t matter cause it all stands, but in line, is onside . These tv punters have learn that rule

We could go 12 point clear of Abersheep and 8 above Celtc by 8pm on Saturday. Think about that!

That is actually mental, I can't quite get my head around that!

Mind a few on here moaning that Paul McGinn wasn't "Hibs quality" or some pish when we signed him. He's flown under the radar so far this season but he's been top class

Great report. All your reports very much appreciated. Keep them coming. :041:

The Doc is up Stoorie Brae wi Daphne as we speak.

Mind a few on here moaning that Paul McGinn wasn't "Hibs quality" or some pish when we signed him. He's flown under the radar so far this season but he's been top class

He's been impressive.

Loving how our support has stopped hurling abuse on small mistake. It's making a huge difference. :grrr::sm023:

That is actually mental, I can't quite get my head around that!
I'll bet McInnes and Lennon are struggling to get their heads round it too.
Puts pressure on them with the catch up, particularly Aberdeen.

3 games played( a tenth of what was played last season) and already a quarter, bar one, of last season's point haul on the board.Stoater start! Great report.... Thanks

On merit too.

The team.....

Josh Doig, the Bairn, a future star, accomplished, confident, Maggie Broon sent him a love letter after that yin.

Boyler was hurtet early, and come in and oot the game, Would enjoy beating United, being an ex Dee.

The Subs

The Gaffer

United

The Referee

Fans

Can you imagine the Hibs end tonight, it would have been mobbed. I miss that. Selfish pricks at The Sheep and Celtc just slow down any chance we get back to games anytime soon.

Man of the Match

Next up is Motherwell at Easter Road on Saturday, they won't be shite for long so tough one. We could go 12 points clear of Abersheep and 8 above Celtc by 8pm on Saturday. Think about that!

Hibernian Forever!
Thanks for the just back Mark. ???

Daphne never really did it for me.

Maggie though.
She'd get it.
:P

Maw Broon looks the one if you were into the BDSM scene.
Better make bloody sure you remember the safe word though.
Very stern.
:radge:

See only Hunco and Celtic have a better points tally since Jack Ross came in? Contimuinh to show how bad Heckinbottom really was. Hopeless

On merit too.

The team.....

The Subs

The Gaffer

United

The Referee

Fans

Can you imagine the Hibs end tonight, it would have been mobbed. I miss that. Selfish pricks at The Sheep and Celtc just slow down any chance we get back to games anytime soon.

Man of the Match

Hibernian Forever!

Paul did well to even continue after the assault on him. Cheers for the report M.

Reminds me of the photocopied sheet getting passed round at school when they were all up Daphne.
Maggie must've been busy again.

21.5.16 Just Back will never be topped..

great win tonight, still not conceded from open play, would have loved to be up in Dundee tonight supporting Hibs.
Been saying that, imo Gogic has been masterful in protecting the defence, completely different feel and balance there.

Reminds me of the photocopied sheet getting passed round at school when they were all up Daphne.
Maggie must've been busy again.

Honk, boak, Boab's seek!

Great Just Back....

Fully deserved our win. Though we wernae oustanding, in many ways its a better victory than Saturdays demolition.

Feel the lad could have seen a Red for jump at McGinn early on. Young Doig was excellent I thought, and can only get better. Thanks Gunts :yams1:

Thought Doidge was a proper number 9 last night, and great defensive work tae. Paul has had a brilliant start to the season tae.

Bravo Hibernian ?:50:?

Reactions: Zab
See only Hunco and Smellies... have a better points tally since Jack Ross came in? Contimuinh to show how bad Heckinbottom really was. Hopeless

That’s a good stat! Shows how quietly effective Jack Ross has been for the club.

Also pretty damming in regards to Heckingbottom’s time in charge.

That’s a good stat! Shows how quietly effective Jack Ross has been for the club.

Also pretty damming in regards to Heckingbottom’s time in charge.
As @Hammi said, impressive. Came across a picture wi HeckB folded arms, nae clue but tryin to look engaged in thought from a previous game v Arabs, no that long ago but man seems like decades now!!

Vive la bloodye* différence!

(*good grammar eh ;) )

Thought we played without much flow through the whole game and didn't create a great deal but mostly that was down to a physical, 'determined' United side who desperately wanted to compete hard and in that context it was really gratifying that we dug in, defended well and of course that we took our chance and got three points. We definitely deserved it.

Some random thoughts:

Was thinking back to how under Heckingbottom we might have handled this sort of crunchy fixture. I think we'd have folded up in the face of Utd's motivated approach, been overwhelmed, and lost something like 2-0 or worse.

IMO Doig's performance was especially good considering that the lad he was marking is a bit of a livewire. That he managed to get forward so much while still handling him was very encouraging.

Fingers crossed Alex Gogic can keep his standards up, he changes the whole feel of our defending. Also I notice he often plays a quick, ambitious ball straight to the forwards right after a tackle. They don't always come off but I like the thinking and it's the sort of thing Boyler thrives off.

There's so much niggly fouling from the teams we play against. Fine to be physical but so many Scot Prem sides seem to test the ref (who is usually found wanting) with some proper shoves and shirt pulls early on and if they get away with it continue the same tricks all game. Annoying.

We're quite a 'classical' football team now, by which I mean like an 80s/90s vintage! Defensive four with energetic, overlapping full backs, a decent bruiser in the old number 4 shirt at the back of a tight-ish midfield four and a Shearer-and-Sutton style old-school physical front pairing with plenty of goals in them. Love it.

This thread has been viewed 2153 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back