• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Just back and how did we not beat those lucky b's....

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
We should have murdered them, how did we not kill off an average team who carry more luck than a man sized box of lucky bags, I just don't know?

First half we were all over the gunts, the midfield was magnificent, Grey, Fontaine and Stevenson were stopping them, McGeoch, Robertson, Allen and Handling were matching the very good Hearts central midfield blow for blow, and half the team had an attempt before we finally scored. So why sit back second half?

Oxley - Did everything he had to and I have not seen any reruns, but it looked like he could have saved their equaliser, am I being harsh?

Grey - Had a great game, puts challenges in that makes you think he has been a Hibby all his days.

Fontaine - I thought he was first class first half and poor second.

Hanlon - I thought he was poor first half and first class second.

Stevenson - Was almost my man of the match, well played Lewis.

Robertson - Much better performance, especially first half.

Allen - Was excellent for 60 minutes, then his battery quickly went flat and we lost a major presence. Get fit son, we need players like you for 90 minutes.

Handling - Not my favourite, but he played his role very, very well today.

McGeogh - He was my man of the match, all over the pitch, nipping away, chasing and giving the gunts no time. First class.

Malonga - Scored one, could have easily had at least a hatrick. His body language is awful, he looks like he disnae give a shite. I think he does, but the fact he is lazy makes him look poorer than he is?

Cumming - Just didn't go right for Jase today.

Subs

I thought Stanton and Boozy for Allen and Handling might work, positional changes ensured it never.

Kennedy for Cummings was not the right change, I would have brough Heffernan on, he holds things up better.

Stubbs - He had it right, we matched and bettered those fuckers all over the pitch, but we sat too deep last 20 and let them come at us, 12 minutes against 10 men, we should have been pressing them, we never, mistake Alan.

Ref - Seemed quicker to book Hibs players than Gunts, then straight reds one of theirs?

The gunts - Lucky, lucky gorgie bastards.

I agree with all of that Mark but personally felt the game kind of bypassed Handling. He frustrates me because I think he's better than he shows?

And Scott Robertson is a much better player without Liam Craig in the team.

Kick in the baws that we didn't win but us in the stands and the team must take confidence from today that we are improving every week and we should be winning most weeks playing like that.

Not going to disagree with much of that (especially the comment about Fontaine. Has he he got a twin brother who chained him to a radiator in the basement at half time?) and I too was frustrated at how deep we sat in the second half. Was is because the centre backs were having such trouble with the wind? Was it because our middle ran out of legs? Whatever it was it let Hearts two best players, Gomis and Bauben, into the game. And that was a shame because when McGeoch, Robertson and Handling got stuck into them in the first half they looked very ordinary.

We are screaming out for a goalscorer. Cummings ain't the answer.

Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky bastards.

That is all.

Sit back as deep as we did you always ask for and get trouble, agree about keeper very poor at gunts goal but why was he allowed to go unchallenged was a crime

I think the post is pretty accurate and I totally agree on Malonga as I have said elsewhere. He just looks as if he would rather be elsewhere most of the time. If he played in midfield or at the back it would not be tolerated. So why?

Let them have the ball when they're a man down. Too busy holding on to what we have instead of taking control.

Typical from Hibs. We seem to be learning from our mistakes though, a little slow, but learning still.

They're not good enough to walk this league. Other teams will see that soon.

I'd just add that I don't think Oxley could be blamed for the goal. He wasn't far off his line and it dipped pretty late in its flight. It was, I hate to say, an absolute peach of a goal.

Can't disagree with any of that.

Think we are missing a brick shit house up front, Farid may be that but still I hope that is a priority during the January window.

Depth in the squad is another issue, however our starting 11 doesn't look too far off now.

Think the difference between us and Hearts/Rangers in the league was pre-season.

Hope we get McGeouch signed up.

Liam Craig would've settled the team in place for cummings. Played well first but entire second half played hearts game And not hibs game that had outplayed a poor hearts side.Hearts are shite. Second time seeing them play this season and nothing has changed my mind. All they have going for them is fitness. Shite team, shite mob. FTJT

How these ****s are top of the league is beyond me!!!

How these ****s are top of the league is beyond me!!!

Being a plumber you should know that shite floats, Jamie :077:

I'd just add that I don't think Oxley could be blamed for the goal. He wasn't far off his line and it dipped pretty late in its flight. It was, I hate to say, an absolute peach of a goal.

It was a complete fluke :coffee:

9 times out of 10 its in row z. Just happens to be our luck it went in.

It was a complete fluke :coffee:

9 times out of 10 its in row z. Just happens to be our luck it went in.

I agree with this total fluke and the wind didn't help

I just don't see how with facilities like East Mains, a running track on our doorstep and the services of a professional fitness coach our squad can show such varying levels of fitness and endurance.Even allowing for players missing odd sessions through knocks, whatever I don't think that accounts for some of the red faces, goldfish gasping and bent postures you see from a certain characters even before half time.Whether it's a personal ethic or something he's brought from Celtic, McGeoch looks like he could still have managed a cool down run round Arthur's Seat at the end.

Y can we not finish off teams? "That lot" were there for the taking!!!! If they had our chances they would have put them away. We haven't had a gd finisher except for LG in years! U need to score when your on top!! The longer the game stayed 1 nill the more likely it was they were going to get at least 1 chance!!!

I just don't see how with facilities like East Mains, a running track on our doorstep and the services of a professional fitness coach our squad can show such varying levels of fitness and endurance.Even allowing for players missing odd sessions through knocks, whatever I don't think that accounts for some of the red faces, goldfish gasping and bent postures you see from a certain characters even before half time.Whether it's a personal ethic or something he's brought from Celtic, McGeoch looks like he could still have managed a cool down run round Arthur's Seat at the end.

We put so much in today and to dominate like we did was always going to lead to tired personnel.

We started to defend with half an hour left. I sat watching the game expecting those cants to catch a lucky break, and right on que they did. Why sit back, we should have put them to the sword. Against ten men, we should be pushing on. Stubbs for me has to shoulder the blame for sitting far too deep. We always treat this game differently. Against a Livi with ten men, I'd expect us to try and batter them and score more, why are this mob any different?

First of all, I hate derbies with a passion (always have done)...but today's was one of the better ones in recent years which is a credit to both sides because the playing conditions were appalling.

Hibs deserved to be ahead at half-time as they had been the better team and should have been more than one goal ahead. Hearts had a couple of good chances as well it has to be said, but Hibs were the dominant side and played some great football with Allan and McGeaoch both exceptional. At the start of the second half Hibs took up where they left off but but were far too wasteful in front of goal. Hearts were always going to come into it more and have a dominant period and they did, but I never felt Hibs were in any real danger so well were we defending as a team for once. I was very worried our regular failure to add to our goals was going to cost us and so it did. Going down to ten men just galvanised Hearts and they quickly changed their tactics by going to five in midfield. I was surprised in the circumstances Stubbs didn't put on the more experienced Heffernan and Craig instead of the very lightweight and inexperienced Harris and Stanton, but that was not the reason we failed to win this game. We failed to win because we could not score a second goal and we conceded a freak goal in injury time. Very frustrating and demoralising so late on but there you go, it's happened for years against Hearts.

Hibs: Easily our best performance of the season and we certainly should have won the game. Our midfield got the better of Gomez and Baubin for the most part, but tired in the second half. I thought Hibs settled for a 1-0 win too early and tried to play out the game. The fitness levels of some our players are also questionable, but that's another debate. There were some great individual performances from Hibs players. On the down side I have been going on about Oxley's irritating habit of wandering around on the edge of his box during a game and his tendency to come too far off his line during open play...I feared he would get caught out eventually and unfortunately he did today. He was too far off his line, but then again it was a freakish wind-assisted strike that 9 times out of 10 would have sailed over the bar. Overall, we are getting there, but unfortunately this Hibs team does not score enough goals to seriously challenge for the league. Malonga is too hit or miss for me, and Cummings is a good prospect but his rawness and inexperience shows up too much, I would probably have started with Heffernan today. The fact Cummings doesn't have a right foot is also a big hindrance to his game.

Hearts: Not very good to be honest and fortunate to get a point, I'm amazed they have won so many matches and have scored so many goals this season...Gomez and Baubin work hard, but they are very much a long ball, counter-attacking team. Osman Sow looked ponderous and awkward and was easily dealt with for most of the game by the excellent Hanlon and Fontaine. Hearts will be there or thereabouts for the league because they score lots of goals and generally hammer the teams they should be hammering regularly and we don't.

Good report as always, 1875, but I'm going to disagree on a couple of points and will probably get pelters.

First of all, that was my first game of the season. I had decided not to go back until the charlatans running the club are removed, but my old boy bought myself and my lassie tickets because she'd offhandedly said "she'd love to go to a Derby sometime".

So, there we were.

We should have murdered them, how did we not kill off an average team who carry more luck than a man sized box of lucky bags, I just don't know?

I just don't know. My girlfriend had asked why the mutants had chosen to stick around to the end, when losing fans usually slip away to some degree. Less than a minute after I'd told her it was because they have an unerring tendency to grab results from the jaws of defeat deserving or not, a fucking lump of a centre-half hit one of the best goals I've ever seen in my life.

Oxley - Did everything he had to and I have not seen any reruns, but it looked like he could have saved their equaliser, am I being harsh?

Not seen the replay myself, bud, but I think that'd be extremely harsh. As soon as it left Ozturk's foot, my head was in my hands - it was only going one place and it was hit so well, I'm surprised Oxley had time to react at all.

Grey - Had a great game, puts challenges in that makes you think he has been a Hibby all his days.
Stevenson - Was almost my man of the match, well played Lewis.

These are arguably the best pair of fullbacks (or wingbacks, depending on the system - I thought it was a conventional 4-4-2 today) we've had in a long time. Balanced, like to get forward, and always show. There's a bit of football in both, too.

Fontaine - I thought he was first class first half and poor second.
Hanlon - I thought he was poor first half and first class second.

I know what you're saying, but I think you're being a bit harsh on Paul Hanlon. I'm one of those "Shanlon" guys that everyone loves, but I thought he did a pretty excellent job of marking their dumplings out of the game; he also contributed a couple of great challenged and blocks when required. One error, that I'm not sure wasn't caused by the ball sticking in the wind, was the only blot from Hanlon.

Allen - Was excellent for 60 minutes, then his battery quickly went flat and we lost a major presence. Get fit son, we need players like you for 90 minutes.
McGeogh - He was my man of the match, all over the pitch, nipping away, chasing and giving the gunts no time. First class.

I think Scott Allen is the most accomplished midfielder in the league. He has technique, composure, an eye for a pass and an assurance on the ball that I've not seen anyone else show in all the highlight compendiums I've seen to date. I think he's fantastic and, when fully fit, is going to be our main man. I just don't want to see him on the left, however, because I think he'd run more games from the centre - I do get the problem with fitting in Robertson if you do that, however, and I'm not sure the obvious solution.

As for Dylan McGeogh, I thought he was the perfect foil in the middle today and, particularly in the first half, the filth never, ever, got to grips with either of them. They moved and passed with purpose, and looked incisive whenever they were involved.

Handling - Not my favourite, but he played his role very, very well today.

If his role was to ineffectually huff and puff while never getting beyond the periphery of the game then, yes, he did that very well. He tried hard, but is just too easily dismissed when not playing against laddies his own age and size. Never more than a squad player, in my book.

Malonga - Scored one, could have easily had at least a hatrick. His body language is awful, he looks like he disnae give a shite. I think he does, but the fact he is lazy makes him look poorer than he is?

First time seeing him live today, so I now know what you mean. He's a footballer, quite clearly, but can be wasteful and does have awful body language. I'd still like to see what happens when he plays up front with big Farid.

Cumming - Just didn't go right for Jase today.

Other than scoring twice against the worst hun team in living memory, when has it gone right for him? Just before our goal he had a gilt-edged chance that he lacked the technique to put it away first time, and the composure to take a touch before finishing. The rest of the game was spent linking poorly with Malonga and running around for little to no effect.

All told, in my view, there's a team there. If we can get Forster and El Alagui back, January is going to see us needing a full-time keeper, an attempt to sign McGeogh permanently and we need some cover up front if either of our main strikers are out. In Gray, Stevenson, Forster, McGeogh, Allan, Robertson, Malonga and El Alagui we have the nucleus of a good side. I'd need to see Fontaine a couple more times live before really judging him, but he looks good enough to competently play centre half in this league.

That said, I think we need to move beyond the like of Cummings and Handling if we're going to kick on in this league (and the Scottish Premiership when and if we get promoted). The downside to seeing Allen and McGeough playing so well, is the realisation of just how fundamentally limited Cummings and Handling really are. Neither are blessed with composure, technical ability or pace, and all they really offer is a bit of a shift. Alas, even that seemed beyond Cummings today.

No. I'm sorry. I'll get pelters for it, but they're not for me. In a game we ultimately dominated and should have won against the "best" side in the league, they were a real letdown.

I thought Stanton and Boozy for Allen and Handling might work, positional changes ensured it never.

I'm honestly very worried about these two. Talent is nothing without guts, and both appear to have none. I'm not sure what the solution is, however, and that's assuming there even is one. I do hope so.

Ref - Seemed quicker to book Hibs players than Gunts, then straight reds one of theirs?

Ultimately, I thought the referee had a good game today. He tried to let it go and could have been a lot more card happy than he was, but kept discipline strongly enough to stop the game boiling over. Fair play to him.

Just back and how did we not beat those lucky bs.

Hibernian 1 v 1 Gunts We should have murdered them, how did we not kill off an average team who carry more luck than a man sized box of lucky bags, I just don’t know? First half we were all over the gunts, the midfield was magnificent, Grey, Fontaine and Stevenson were stopping them, McGeoch, […]

More...

Good report as always, 1875, but I'm going to disagree on a couple of points and will probably get pelters.....

Nothing to apologise or get pelters for, this thread is about opinions, yours is as valid as every other bouncers. Glad to see you back supporting your team.

I think oxley will be disappointed - great hit, but straight at the goalie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think oxley will be disappointed - great hit, but straight at the goalie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It dipped at the last moment which is extremely difficult for any goalkeeper to deal with, but IMO he was too far off his line. I think the guy saw that and just took a chance and had a pop at goals and hoped for the best in the conditions and it paid off for him. Difficult to take though from a Hibs point of view, it was going to have to take a freak goal for them to score to be honest as I thought Hibs dealt with their attacking threat quite comfortably for the most part.

First of all, I hate derbies with a passion (always have done)...but today's was one of the better ones in recent years which is a credit to both sides because the playing conditions were appalling.Hibs deserved to be ahead at half-time as they had been the better team and should have been more than one goal ahead. Hearts had a couple of good chances as well it has to be said, but Hibs were the dominant side and played some great football with Allan and McGeaoch both exceptional. At the start of the second half Hibs took up where they left off but but were far too wasteful in front of goal. Hearts were always going to come into it more and have a dominant period and they did, but I never felt Hibs were in any real danger so well were we defending as a team for once. I was very worried our regular failure to add to our goals was going to cost us and so it did. Going down to ten men just galvanised Hearts and they quickly changed their tactics by going to five in midfield. I was surprised in the circumstances Stubbs didn't put on the more experienced Heffernan and Craig instead of the very lightweight and inexperienced Harris and Stanton, but that was not the reason we failed to win this game. We failed to win because we could not score a second goal and we conceded a freak goal in injury time. Very frustrating and demoralising so late on but there you go, it's happened for years against Hearts.Hibs: Easily our best performance of the season and we certainly should have won the game. Our midfield got the better of Gomez and Baubin for the most part, but tired in the second half. I thought Hibs settled for a 1-0 win too early and tried to play out the game. The fitness levels of some our players are also questionable, but that's another debate. There were some great individual performances from Hibs players. On the down side I have been going on about Oxley's irritating habit of wandering around on the edge of his box during a game and his tendency to come too far off his line during open play...I feared he would get caught out eventually and unfortunately he did today. He was too far off his line, but then again it was a freakish wind-assisted strike that 9 times out of 10 would have sailed over the bar. Overall, we are getting there, but unfortunately this Hibs team does not score enough goals to seriously challenge for the league. Malonga is too hit or miss for me, and Cummings is a good prospect but his rawness and inexperience shows up too much, I would probably have started with Heffernan today. The fact Cummings doesn't have a right foot is also a big hindrance to his game.Hearts: Not very good to be honest and fortunate to get a point, I'm amazed they have won so many matches and have scored so many goals this season...Gomez and Baubin work hard, but they are very much a long ball, counter-attacking team. Osman Sow looked ponderous and awkward and was easily dealt with for most of the game by the excellent Hanlon and Fontaine. Hearts will be there or thereabouts for the league because they score lots of goals and generally hammer the teams they should be hammering regularly and we don't.
Good summation of today's events GM.

Am I being overly pedantic to suggest that Scott Allen was a little guilty at times of holding the ball too much and trying to play his way out of situations instead of making relatively simple passes? Still looks a great player though, but sometimes over complicates things

Am I being overly pedantic to suggest that Scott Allen was a little guilty at times of holding the ball too much and trying to play his way out of situations instead of making relatively simple passes? Still looks a great player though, but sometimes over complicates things

Allen was class and he gave us a hell of a lot more than most others would. Great signing and a real gem. He's oooooooozzzzzzzziiiiinnggg with confidence and he's not afraid to try the impossible. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt but the lads a clever player and I for one feel we should all feel a little lucky to have him.

After taking last night to reflect, got to say I'm very impressed with the performance Hibs put in yesterday, some of the football we played at times was the best I've seen us play for a while. However I still had that nagging feeling Hearts would get the equaliser, it's unbelievable home may times we get ourselves into the same situation. Something Stubbs needs to eradicate ASAP.

Some standout performances from McGeouch (sign him up), Allan, Gray and Fontaine. Plenty positives and it's given me more belief in the team and what Stubbs is trying to do, now that the initial disappointment has subsided.

On another note, if ever you needed confirmation that Butcher and his team of "super scouts" were the wrong choices you can find that confirmation in Osman Sow. He wanted him when we were in the Premier League. :shock:

I'm honestly very worried about these two. Talent is nothing without guts, and both appear to have none. I'm not sure what the solution is, however, and that's assuming there even is one. I do hope so.

I've thought this about Harris for a good long while - he's not got the minerals to really be a big player for us. Bags of talent, zero bottle.

Stanton needs to be in the middle of the park, he's utterly ineffectual out wide. For me, he should be the cover for Scott Allan.

Just want to add my 2ps worth, anyone that knows me, would tell you how I was after the game yesterday, totally gutted!!! I realy can't put it better? It was like a death in the family, those ****s had done it to US AGAIN?? As for there goal well that guy will never score a goal like that again EVER!!!

I got up this morning and didn't feell much better, I even thought fuck the United game on Wednesday, but iv since watched the highlights and listened to our manager speak after the game, and tbh I'm dam proud to be a Hibs surporter this morning, those ****s came to ER to hand us our arses on a plate, and all the bastads could do was huff and puff and done fuck all, yup, that's rite they get a point out of a game that they deserved fuck all out of, but we faught for almost every ball and played them off the park, considering how we were a few weeks ago at Alloa? We're on the up, the confidence is coming back, we are starting to look like a team that wants to win!!

As for the United game, well as per usual, Al be there!!

GGTTH

We didn't deserve to lose but we were punished for our profligacy in front of goal yet again. Even accounting for their fluke wonder goal, that game could and should have been won 2-1 or 3-1.

Scott Allen gave up two superb opportunities to open the scoring but went for the pass instead. Malonga wasted a wonderful opportunity to score in the first half too. As has been said, Cummings just wasn't at the races at all. I think Heffernan should have come on for Cummings around the 75 minute mark. In fact, if I were Stubbs I'd maybe consider starting Heff for a couple of games to see if he can get back into the goal scoring form he showed at Killie.

Overall that was a positive performance in most areas of the park though and I'm becoming more inclined to believe that we have indeed turned a corner. Onwards and upwards!

:bbb:

I originally thought the keeper had no chance at the goal, but after seeing the replay (where the frame rate is better than an online live stream), I think he should have done better. It wasn't the bullet I thought it was live.

He was doing a 'Paul Hanlon': watch and wait until it's too late. That said, he would have had to be right on his line to keep out that shot as it dipped from high up and in off the crossbar.

I seen a Gunts goal coming, maybe not that one but a goal of some sort! We were holding out for too long and too deep when we should have either killed the game in the first half or went for the second at 11v10. You can say the goal was unstoppable, but that goal should have been a consolation after a myriad of excellent chances to put the game to bed.

We completely outclassed them for the majority of the game until we gave them room to breath.

This thread has been viewed 3469 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50