• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Just back....and Hibernian have their mojo back....

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
I hope as I write this you are all watching Hibs on BBC Alba, if not do so. I am still thawing out but I have to say I write this with a smile on my face. We got our Hibs back today. What is clear is we have the players, we didnae have the manager who knew how to set them up, motivate them and to get them playing free flowing football and most importantly playing for that jersey. What changed it, easy, the Heckingbottom blindspots, two up front, Florian Kamberi playing as we know he can, him and Scottie with free roles, play where they want to influence games, Christian Doidge proving he can score good goals, Melker Hallberg giving a masterclass, and a back four/ five who almost kept a clean sheet.

Normally I struggle to find players to give pass marks to, or struggle not to give the man of the match to Scottie or Lewis? Today it was a choice of Good, Better and Best. Now Saints are no great shakes but at 2-0 they did get into the game and we looked like we might lose a goal. But second half we came out and battered them. Not easy as they kicked us all game.

The shape was everything, Maxwell kept his place and almost a clean sheet, the back four were solid, all four of them, although Naismith stood out. Hallberg was immense in that holding role, nearly scored too, Newell and Slivka playing the old inside left and inside right postition, Scottie top of the diamond but no scared to drop back and win the ball deep, Flo on fire, left, right, left again he ran himself ragged, set up two and was the difference and then Doidge, finally given a partner to play with, it worked, go figure! Credit to Eddie, Grant, Whitts and Alan Combe, they made the tweaks we needed, they care, the talking from the bench never stopped, good, direct, intelligent coaching.

Shrink and I sat beside Tracey Smith, she is fine, she has lots of us both concerned about and supporting her. Plenty fans let her know that. We also had Jimmy Nicholl, Steven Robinson and Keith Lasley sitting to our right. No gossip there, we play Motherwell next at Easter Road, although I noticed they took no notes and left after 80 minutes. Jimmy Nicholl was maybe hooking up with them to plan next summers visit to Norn Irelun for the 12th?

The fans, well watching on BBC Tuechtar it may look like a small Hibs support behind the goals, weirdly the half of the main stand given over to us was full of Hibs fans, it was cheaper to sit there with the better shelter and view than it was to sit behind the goals???

What else, well coming in it seemed to take an age to get to my seat, as I met so many good Hibby's I know saying hello, you all know you who you are, and I expect all of you are sitting with the same self satisfied slightly smug smile as I am tonight. We got out mojo back, we got our Hibernian back. On another positive, well done to the Hibs ticket staff who gave the away season ticket holders superb seats, thanks for that.

The Team, a wee bit different summary from me tonight, I am doing a Good, Better and Best approach....

Maxwell was good, tested a couple of times and done his job, wish he has kept a clean sheet, just seen it on the telly, sloppy one to lose.

Naismith, much much better from him, indeed I would say he was best of the defenders. No nonsense challenges, a peach of a pass just out of reach of Doidge for a third within 30 minutes, a great ball for Doidge's 3rd and two cracking shots that on another day would have been fine goals.

Porto, strolled thorugh the game, better every game.

Paul, he too had a smashing game, better than he has been in a long time.

Lewis, well Lewis was better than ever, he would run through a wall for Hibernian. Wee observation you might no see on the telly was the clear instruction for Lewis to not cross the half way line, he stepped back a number of times after his brain said go.

Melker Hallberg had his best game in green, superb performance for the Swede, we may have unearthed a diamond here?

Joe Newell, well I have to say I never fancied him, a fop who does not contribute enough. He was good, better than he has been and played his role well and nearly scored near the end

Slivka, described as the nicest guy you could ever meet by a fellow fan at half time. Maybe so but he did not give us enough today, in a handsome win. Good going forward but left Naismith with a lot to do defensively. I hope he is just not mentally match fit yet as he and Newell offered something different to our shape today, something better.

Scott Allan, is the best, really the best attacking midfielder I have seen in a Hibernian jersey since Russell Latapy. He changes games, he works damned hard off the ball and roamed around that last third like the graceful, ball playing gazelle he is. I said to Shrink, I worry some hunnish thug will nail him bad as he takes the piss with his ball work. Hi sgal today was a chnage of foot wonder, a Scott Allan goal if ever I seen one. I felt he played with a freedom that Heckingbottom would not allow, I can't explain that but I hope you see my point? Sigh.

Florian Kamberi had his best game in a Hibs jersey in months, play where you want son, just do what you do best said Eddie and Grant, whilst out in the street there was silence. Nae bother says Flo, am playing on the front line, he then sets up two for Doidge and runs Saint Johnstone ragged, shots, passes, runs, rolling players, tore in, the laddie who you will all know I have proclaimed from the beginning, is a player, he showed that today, a team player. If Flo had scored a couple no one would have said a word, he was BRILLIANT!

Now Christian Doidge. I heard only last week we had been tracking him since the Lennon days. Today he was like a new signing, played beside a hungry worker like Flo, Chris done what good strikers do, scored a hattrick, just like a striker, tap ins and a strikers headed goal. I am delighted for him, I want out Hibs people to succeed. Chuffed for him and for us on that one. Whomever had the hattrick Doidge bet (Big G?), money well earned. Best he has played for Hibs, keep it going pal.

The Subs

You know, if we had not made a sub, well for the first time this season I would not have been annoyed, Slivka tired, as did Newell but not so much I felt we might crumble as we regularly did under Heckingbttom.

Boyler replaced Doidge with 10 to go and went right up front and caused a lot of bother. Doidge went off to massive standing applause from the 1500 or so Hibs fans, he needs to recognise that we support him and the jerseys, acknowledge it mate, we get its no been easy but you are one of us.

Both Stevie Mallan and Daryl Horgan came on after the Saints nicked a consolation, replacing the knackered Allan and Newell. Fine, like for like, again Heck never seen that in too many games. Good game management, another thing you could not say about the Yorkshireman.

The Management

Its nice when you have Hibs people who have witnessed the shite just like us make the tweaks us, ahem, "clueless" fans have called for and it works. Thanks guys, best day as a Hibs fans since we beat the puddle drinkers in Edinburgh West. Clearly tactically smart, those tweaks saw a convincing Hibs win. I am happy that Eddie, Grant (oh no we're gonna), Whitts and Alan ken the score and are a core part of the spine of our club.

Saints

Have some duffers but just look like a team with no confidence. I must say I hate Murray Davidson, bet he is a Jambo or a Hun, if no, he looks like one. If I was Tommy Wright, I would duck oot and take the North of Ireland job.

The Ref

The son of Dallas was determined to keep his orange sash/ cards in his pocket, he did but really should have booked a few of the farmers heifers.

My Man of the Match

I ken the anally retentive hate when I pick more than one, but that is their problem, no mine. Hibernian had a few great performances today, Naismith, tough, Hallberg, superb, Allan, genius, Doidge, hatrick, but for me, the driver in that win was the maginficent Florian Kamberi, what a performance.

Now for another pishy international break, lets keep talking, the bounce goes deed when these shitey breaks come. Today, we saw the Hibs we hoped was there, there is something there, a team with some good players, I hop e you all come along to Easter Road for the well game, there is a team there, today showed that ?

Hibernian Forever!

Last edited:
Fantastic report Mark.
I watched the game thru nefarious means ?
And I would wholeheartedly agree with everything you've said above - but particularly "we got our Hibs back"

That one comment nails my feelings from today ??
Onwards and upwards GGTTH

What a difference a week makes.

Great write up as usual. Didn't see the game, but looking forward to watching the full 90 minutes on Hibs TV.

Very pleased tonight. I mean, one swallow doesnae make a summer, but if we do actually kick on from here, I'm honestly left thinking – was it really the one man holding us back? And was he just too stubborn and arrogant to admit it and try something different? Or is he just, well, no a very good football manager?

Regardless, that victory was well needed the day. Looking forward to ER again if this is what we can expect.

I hope as I write this you are all watching Hibs on BBC Alba, if not do so. I am still thawing out but I have to say I write this with a smile on my face. We got our Hibs back today. What is clear is we have the players, we didnae have the manager who knew how to set them up, motivate them and to get them playing free flowing football and most importantly playing for that jersey. What changed it, easy, the Heckingbottom blindspots, two up front, Florian Kamberi playing as we know he can, him and Scottie with free roles, play where they want to influence games, Christian Doidge proving he can score good goals, Melker Hallberg giving a masterclass, and a back four/ five who almost kept a clean sheet.

Normally I struggle to find players to give pass marks to, or struggle not to give the man of the match to Scottie or Lewis? Today it was a choice of Good, Better and Best. Now Saints are no great shakes but at 2-0 they did get into the game and we looked like we might lose a goal. But second half we came out and battered them. Not easy as they kicked us all game.

The shape was everything, Maxwell kept his place and almost a clean sheet, the back four were solid, all four of them, although Naismith stood out. Hallberg was immense in that holding role, nearly scored too, Newell and Slivka playing the old inside left and inside right postition, Scottie top of the diamond but no scared to drop back and win the ball deep, Flo on fire, left, right, left again he ran himself ragged, set up two and was the difference and then Doidge, finally given a partner to play with, it worked, go figure! Credit to Eddie, Grant, Whitts and Alan Combe, they made the tweaks we needed, they care, the talking from the bench never stopped, good, direct, intelligent coaching.

Shrink and I sat beside Tracey Smith, she is fine, she has lots of us both concerned about and supporting her. Plenty fans let her know that. We also had Jimmy Nicholl, Steven Robinson and Keith Lasley sitting to our right. No gossip there, we play Motherwell next at Easter Road, although I noticed they took no notes and left after 80 minutes. Jimmy Nicholl was maybe hooking up with them to plan next summers visit to Norn Irelun for the 12th?

The fans, well watching on BBC Tuechtar it may look like a small Hibs support behind the goals, weirdly the half of the main stand given over to us was full of Hibs fans, it was cheaper to sit there with the better shelter and view than it was to sit behind the goals???

What else, well coming in it seemed to take an age to get to my seat, as I met so many good Hibby's I know saying hello, you all know you who you are, and I expect all of you are sitting with the same self satisfied slightly smug smile as I am tonight. We got out mojo back, we got our Hibernian back. On another positive, well done to the Hibs ticket staff who gave the away season ticket holders superb seats, thanks for that.

The Team, a wee bit different summary from me tonight, I am doing a Good, Better and Best approach....

Maxwell was good, tested a couple of times and done his job, wish he has kept a clean sheet, just seen it on the telly, sloppy one to lose.

Naismith, much much better from him, indeed I would say he was best of the defenders. No nonsense challenges, a peach of a pass just out of reach of Doidge for a third within 30 minutes, a great ball for Doidge's 3rd and two cracking shots that on another day would have been fine goals.

Porto, strolled thorugh the game, better every game.

Paul, he too had a smashing game, better than he has been in a long time.

Lewis, well Lewis was better than ever, he would run through a wall for Hibernian. Wee observation you might no see on the telly was the clear instruction for Lewis to not cross the half way line, he stepped back a number of times after his brain said go.

Melker Hallberg had his best game in green, superb performance for the Swede, we may have unearthed a diamond here?

Joe Newell, well I have to say I never fancied him, a fop who does not contribute enough. He was good, better than he has been and played his role well and nearly scored near the end

Slivka, described as the nicest guy you could ever meet by a fellow fan at half time. Maybe so but he did not give us enough today, in a handsome win. Good going forward but left Naismith with a lot to do defensively. I hope he is just not mentally match fit yet as he and Newell offered something different to our shape today, something better.

Scott Allan, is the best, really the best attacking midfielder I have seen in a Hibernian jersey since Russell Latapy. He changes games, he works damned hard off the ball and roamed around that last third like the graceful, ball playing gazelle he is. I said to Shrink, I worry some hunnish thug will nail him bad as he takes the piss with his ball work. Hi sgal today was a chnage of foot wonder, a Scott Allan goal if ever I seen one. I felt he played with a freedom that Heckingbottom would not allow, I can't explain that but I hope you see my point? Sigh.

Florian Kamberi had his best game in a Hibs jersey in months, play where you want son, just do what you do best said Eddie and Grant, whilst out in the street there was silence. Nae bother says Flo, am playing on the front line, he then sets up two for Doidge and runs Saint Johnstone ragged, shots, passes, runs, rolling players, tore in, the laddie who you will all know I have proclaimed from the beginning, is a player, he showed that today, a team player. If Flo had scored a couple no one would have said a word, he was BRILLIANT!

Now Christian Doidge. I heard only last week we had been tracking him since the Lennon days. Today he was like a new signing, played beside a hungry worker like Flo, Chris done what good strikers do, scored a hattrick, just like a striker, tap ins and a strikers headed goal. I am delighted for him, I want out Hibs people to succeed. Chuffed for him and for us on that one. Whomever had the hattrick Doidge bet (Big G?), money well earned. Best he has played for Hibs, keep it going pal.

The Subs

You know, if we had not made a sub, well for the first time this season I would not have been annoyed, Slivka tired, as did Newell but not so much I felt we might crumble as we regularly did under Heckingbttom.

Boyler replaced Doidge with 10 to go and went right up front and caused a lot of bother. Doidge went off to massive standing applause from the 1500 or so Hibs fans, he needs to recognise that we support him and the jerseys, acknowledge it mate, we get its no been easy but you are one of us.

Both Stevie Mallan and Daryl Horgan came on after the Saints nicked a consolation, replacing the knackered Allan and Newell. Fine, like for like, again Heck never seen that in too many games. Good game management, another thing you could not say about the Yorkshireman.

The Management

Its nice when you have Hibs people who have witnessed the shite just like us make the tweaks us, ahem, "clueless" fans have called for and it works. Thanks guys, best day as a Hibs fans since we beat the puddle drinkers in Edinburgh West. Clearly tactically smart, those tweaks saw a convincing Hibs win. I am happy that Eddie, Grant (oh no we're gonna), Whitts and Alan ken the score and are a core part of the spine of our club.

Saints

Have some duffers but just look like a team with no confidence. I must say I hate Murray Davidson, bet he is a Jambo or a Hun, if no, he looks like one. If I was Tommy Wright, I would duck oot and take the North of Ireland job.

The Ref

The son of Dallas was determined to keep his orange sash/ cards in his pocket, he did but really should have booked a few of the farmers heifers.

My Man of the Match

I ken the anally retentive hate when I pick more than one, but that is their problem, no mine. Hibernian had a few great performances today, Naismith, tough, Hallberg, superb, Allan, genius, Doidge, hatrick, but for me, the driver in that win was the maginficent Florian Kamberi, what a performance.

Now for another pishy international break, lets keep talking, the bounce goes deed when these shitey breaks come. Today, we saw the Hibs we hoped was there, there is something there, a team with some good players, I hop e you all come along to Easter Road for the well game, there is a team there, today showed that ?

Hibernian Forever!

Great report.Exactly as I saw it on Alba.
Given the names being banded around for new managers I’d rather stick with
Eddie & Co.

I thought Hibs were very good today

But Saints were woeful

The difference in having Mallan on the bench is night and day for me

I thought Hibs were very good today

But Saints were woeful

The difference in having Mallan on the bench is night and day for me

I held back on negatives, I only care bout the good things about our club, but Vela didnae play today either.

I held back on negatives, I only care bout the good things about our club, but Vela didnae play today either.

Forgot about Vela

Great report @1875.

Thoroughly enjoyed today for the first time in a while. It looked instantly like the shackles were off and we played with a freedom and purpose that's been lacking for ages.

Flo was simply superb. An absolute masterclass in strength, skill and pace.

But perhaps the biggest pleasant surprise was Naismith. Tenacious, excellent tackling and got forward with real desire. Looked match fit for the 1st time and really interested to see him push on now.

Hate the International breaks and can't wait for the Motherwell then St Mirren double header.

Cheesing tonight ????

I am down in Mexico, but managed to watch the full game live, (if slightly behind) thought we looked a totally different team than in previous weeks, Eddie got it spot on, 2 up front, who would have ever thought that would have worked!!?

Agree with everything u put in ur just back Mark, and must also say i thought Flo was outstanding today, u could also see he enjoyed every minute of it, smiles all game.

Well done Hibs, the one thing we done today was to show how bad Hecky was, 1 up front does not wok for us,!!

Kick on now Hibs

Cheers M, best just back since May 2016, positivity at last, no been easy last few months but happy tae see the difference wi Hecky gone. Glory glory:041:

Great to read this. I can only imagine how PHB is feeling tonight. Clearly you need more than a degree to be a good manager or maybe it’s less. Maybe you’ve just got to let the lads play football. GGTTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great report @1875.
It looked instantly like the shackles were off and we played with a freedom and purpose that's been lacking for ages.

Flo was simply superb. An absolute masterclass in strength, skill and pace.

But perhaps the biggest pleasant surprise was Naismith. Tenacious, excellent tackling and got forward with real desire.

Spot on. We played with some freedom today and even a wee bit swagger.

Flo worked his socks off all game. I too was impressed by Naismith. A proper right back with some zesty tackles. And I have a man-crush on Scott Allan.

GGTTH

Thanks Mark, great to hear you so upbeat.
Seen most of the game on alba, and it certainly seemed like a totally different team. Kamberi appeared the standout in amongst a few very decent performances.

The tackle on Ryan P 2nd half was a fukin shocker, looked like he attempted to snap him. His card will be marked for sure.

Any kisses from Wright today????

Football, goals and passion. Night and day from the previous games. Been a long time we could just enjoy the last 30 mins of game knowing the 3 points are in the bag.
Really think Hallberg is a find.

Got to remain with the same team for our next game.

It’s been a while coming, watching a game like that and then reading a report like that. Fantastic today :sm127:

I thought kamberi was immense today , scotty allan is just another level what a player.

Where was Vela? Thought Eddie May got a wee point across pre-match....

Great to read such a very positive ' Just Back ' at last. Cheers, M. ????

Really accurate report.Thought Naismith, Allen and Kamberi were immense.My only complaint?The catering!Spent about 15 minutes in a queue only to get to the front to be told they had run out of hot food.I had to make do with a doughnut and coffee.I sat there jittering in the second half clutching my coffee for all it was worth.Another mistake.Wear a thicker jumper you idiot.Fuck the labels.For the rest of the season if it's no' at least four ply it's no' going on!

:54: :7: :7: :ok:

Great just back!

Forgot about Vela
Thankfully so did Eddie may?

Good just back.
It was good to see us keep attacking when 2 up.
Really pleased for Doidge.
Flo was fuc**** ace.
Hallberg is going to be a cracking signing.
To me it looked as if the players had a weight lifted of their shoulders and played with a freedom we haven't seen in a long time.

Excellent write up.

Love the fact Hibs rammed it up most pundits that had a convincing St.Johnstone win today. Barry.

Great report,i too thought Kamberi had a master class,it's great being a Hibby tonight,as always.

Stats don't lie, we had 15 shots on goal...how many times this season have we been in double figures? Not many I would suggest. Halberg, Newell, Doidge and Naismith all coming good. Shows that the manager might have had a clue about good players..just no clue about where to play them. Other thing very noticeable was the smile on the face of Flo when Doidge scored..let's hope this is a partnership that is going to brig great rewards and that the two of them enjoy playing together

I`ve been on here quite a bit recently whinging about the manager and our team`s situation so felt it right to come on and be congratulatory on todays performance. Doidge finally gets an early Christmas pressie....a partner up front. Not only that but a partner on top form who delivered. It was a great combo and our 350 grand (former) dud banged in a brilliant hat-trick. Well done the Doidgemeister :)

Midfield was excellent and gave the two strikers the proper platform. Allan in the right place. Mallan on the bench....the way it was always meant to be.

Small steps and all but a great platform to launch our fightback. Make no mistake, had our now ex-manager not been our ex-manager...we would not have won today because that would never have been the team he`d have put out....but enough about him.

Great performance by the team, some great individual performances, notably from our front two and tbh, our interim manager who saw what Heckingbottom couldn`t see and got it bang right.....our season starts here and now. GGTTH. `Mon the Hibs.

Great report Mark ?
I did notice re Lewis not bombing down the wing, It seemed to work in the way Allan came out there in the space. Not the usual so predictable way its been for ages. Just all seemed, well, so much more balanced as a whole.
Some very neat and tidy fitba.
Clean sheet would’ve been good, i saw Porteous raging at the goal... good to see even though the game was well won.
Onwards and upwards
?

That's the hardest shift I've seen Kamberi put in since hes been at the club. He was selfless today in his running and use of the ball (which was much improved).

We actually played like we had strikers on the pitch today rather than a first line of defence for nuisance value to the opposition. Movement and work rate like that will cause any defence problems. With Boyle on the way back as well things are suddenly looking a lot more optimistic in terms of our forward options.

I also thought we defended differently today..we were frequently nipping in front and nicking the ball. More positive and.matched man for man rather than the passive almost zonal like defending of the Hecky era. At least that's how I saw it..others may disagree but I thought it was a much more energised team on the park today.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Really accurate report.Thought Naismith, Allen and Kamberi were immense.My only complaint?The catering!Spent about 15 minutes in a queue only to get to the front to be told they had run out of hot food.I had to make do with a doughnut and coffee.I sat there jittering in the second half clutching my coffee for all it was worth.Another mistake.Wear a thicker jumper you idiot.Fuck the labels.For the rest of the season if it's no' at least four ply it's no' going on!
After the run of results we've had there recently I don't think they were expecting as many Hibees to turn up.

Great report,i too thought Kamberi had a master class,it's great being a Hibby tonight,as always.
Today was a day when his fancy flicks came off and when it does boy it's better than viagra..well almost.

watched the game but missed the last 5 as I had something on in The Weege tonight , night and day to most of the season so far . We looked like a team for the first time this season , we want more

Thanks for your report again Mark. Always appreciated.
Got up at 2am to watch it .
Thought I was still asleep and dreaming watching Doidgy score .
Great performance all round .
Flo was different class.
Optimistic the new man has enough good players to get our season back on track .
Just as well we played with a spark as the St Johnstone TV commentators were enough to send me back to sleep

Thanks for the Just Back, @1875. What a difference when we have players able to express themselves in a workable system. Going with the flo, eh?

One other observation I forgot to mention yesterday. Hibernian playing in green and white, no grey, no purple just green shirts, white sleeves, white shorts and green socks. My kind of Hibs strip.

Thanks for the report M, thoroughly enjoyable to have a Just Back I can savour from end to end instead of rushing through it looking for crumbs of comfort. I think it's the bits of positivity you've found over the rest of the season that have kept me sane!

Thanks for the report M, thoroughly enjoyable to have a Just Back I can savour from end to end instead of rushing through it looking for crumbs of comfort. I think it's the bits of positivity you've found over the rest of the season that have kept me sane!
Succinct and worthy compliment. Well said, that man.

Just back from wild camp in Pentland hills. Had my wee radio and smiled long and hard with the grouse and sheep. Looked forward to the Just back and I'm excited about our team again. Thanks.

This thread has been viewed 6017 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back