Just back..and Hecks wheel keeps on turning... (1 Viewer)

Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Website
www.hibeesbounce.com
Sorry for the slight delay in the writeup, went to spend Easter Sunday efty with my Family, its important we all do. Yesterday also saw us say goodbye to one of the Hibernian family, one of The Family, Bradley Welsh. Well done the fans of both clubs in showing their appreciation for Brad.

Usual rules apply for telly watchers, no reruns, differing angles or analysis from my seat in the West Lower, if I get anything wrong, feel free to correct me.

The sun was beating down pre match, more Costa Del Sol than Coast O Forth, as I drove through the toon from West Lothian, its great seeing wee bursts of green Hibs tops at bus stops all through town, the Hibees really are back in their droves. The team nowadays just about picks itself, although our bench finally looked a bit more experienced, Celtc, well we knew they would give us a game. Heck's unbeaten run to hold onto, potentially beating Lennon's Celtc, it looked like it might just be a cracker.

We set up with our usual defensive six, Mallan & Omeonga in the middle, Horgan right, Flo left, Sparky though the middle. We went at Celtc from the get go and might have taken the lead a few times in the first 10-15 minutes. Celtc then bedded in and starting going at us. It was a real rough and tumble game, plenty good football, lots of feigning of injuries by Celtc players who should be better than that, plenty robust tackles from Hibernian players, often earning yellow cards where none was necessary.

I have a theory that Heck likes to play to hold teams for 60 minutes, that is not to say hold them at 0 0, it might be 2 3 zip for Hibs but its the last 30 minutes we seem to up the pace and go at teams as the opposition tire? Caltc are the toughest nut to crack, in McGregor, Forrest, Brown and Rogic they have some good players, almost as good as the Hibernian players yesterday, but not quite good enough.

So to our team.....

Ofir was magnificent, not one, not two, not three but four wonder saves. Rocky had his best game in a Hibs shirt. That last 10 minutes earned him man of the match. Mrs Marciano, your mans a Keeper!

Sir David Gray, scorer of that goal, on that day on the 21st of May 2016 when he captained Hibernian to that Scottish Cup win. Well Sir David had his second best game in a Hibernian jersey yesterday, he was superb, up and down that line, linking well, driving us on. His tackle on Scott Brown had the 3 Hibs stands roaring like we had scored a 92nd minute winner v the Huns in a cup final. If Rocky had not had his superman suit on yesterday, Sir David was getting Man of the Match from me.

Darren McGregor has had a new lease of life under the Heck, every week he gives his all, robust, strong, a leader, I wish he was 10 years younger.

Paul Hanlon too has been immense under Heck, he made one small mistake the whole game yesterday, otherwise a flawless performance.

Lewis was Lewis, he never let whatever Celtc threw at him bother him, he gets up, brushes himself down and goes again.

Mark Milligan was the wee chink in our armour yesterday, I felt he was slow, both physically and mentally, he slowed our play down, too many backward or inaccurate passes, he looked tired.

Stevie Mallan I thought came on to a smashing game, especially second half. His challenge on Lustig was perfect, only the Scandanavian cheats rolling about getting him booked.

Stephane Omeonga was a buzzbomb, he gave Brown a torrid time and covered every blade of grass. Excellent player, I hope we can extend his loan or even sign him?

Daryll Horgan had his moments, some excellent moves, othertimes he looks like he needs a lie down.

Flo disnae enjoy playing left wing, its obvious. Only thing he done was push the Celtc player and get himself needlessly booked.

Marc McNulty's movement is excellent, ok he is on a wee barren run but he does look like he will score when a chance comes along. I hope he too stays, imaging him feeding off Scott Allan's passes? Took a sore one near the end, hope he will be ok for the Puddle Drinkers game.

The Subs

Double Subs after 70 minutes saw Slivka replace Milligan and Shaw replace Kamberi. I thought Slivka had a good twenty minutes, he got tore in. Oillie for me isnt goo enough, still skinny as a rake, still indecisive in front of goal. If he wants to make it at Hibs he needs loaned out for a season, toughen himself up and beef up.

10 minutes or so of cameo from Tam Agyepong, he never really got into the game for me.

Heck and Robbie pretty much matched up to the champions elect. I know Heck says he has fallen in love a wee bit in love with his players, we have fallen a wee bit in love with you Heck, keep it going.

Celtc look like champions, although they play like Lennon's champions, not Rodgers. Thank goodness Rogic, their best player for me, only gets 15 minutes at the moment, he drove them on last 10 and only Rocky's brilliance saved us.

The referee booked 5 Hibs players and no Celtc players, work that one out.

The fans were noisy yesterday, both sets. When I say both sets, I means the Since 1875 fans were giving it laldy from the Famous Five, and the punters mostly gathered in Section 43 of the East also gave it plenty, pity they didnae sing the same song at the same time at any point. The Celtc fans, who all seem to join in with their songs at the same time were very noisy too. It made for a great atmosphere.

Man of the Match had to be Rocky and his wonder saves, but he was run close by a brilliant performance for Sir David Gray.

Next up is the gunts, bring it on. HOOOOOOFFFFFF!!!!

Finally, this Just Back is dedicated to the life and work of a fine HIbernian. Bradley John Welsh, I salute you. Rest in Peace Brother.

Hibernian Forever!

Last edited:
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Jan1875

Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Thanks for the fab report like always Mark!! I hope SDG is ok for the hearts game next Sunday as well. We are not the same when he doesn't play.

Reactions: WJC1848
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Westside Green

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
I heard somebody say Celtc only had 3 fouls given against them, no wonder when Brown never got penalised for all his.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chester Perry

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
I heard somebody say Celtc only had 3 fouls given against them, no wonder when Brown never got penalised for all his.
We committed 11 fouls. 5 bookings
Dodgers 3 fouls 0 bookings.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Rocky

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Thanks M, well worth waiting for.

Couple of observations from me, firstly I find Omeonga a wee bit frustrating at times as he'll start off a terrific move, do the hard work, and then spoil it by fluffing a simple pass. The positive for me on that point though is that it means he's not yet a fully rounded player who can command big bucks and so his development would benefit from another season with us. I'd like to see him stay another year.

Also, for the first 90 seconds or so Celtic were just passing the ball around and we couldn't get a sniff, that made me fear 90 minutes of backs to the wall stuff. However as soon as we got a touch of the ball it was clear we were setting out to play football, no panicking, no punts up the park, just intelligent play under pressure from the back. By 6 minutes in I was feeling confident we'd give a very good account of ourselves and were in with a great chance of taking something from the game.

Very enjoyable game in the sun and whilst that's a great point to pick up, I actually felt a wee bit disappointed not to take all three.

Reactions: moathibby and 1875
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chester Perry

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
“have a theory that Heck likes to play to hold teams for 60 minutes, that is not to say hold them at 0 0, it might be 2 3 zip for Hibs but its the last 30 minutes we seem to up the pace and go at teams as the opposition tire? Caltc are the toughest nut to crack, in McGregor, Forrest, Brown and Rogic they have some good players, almost as good as the Hibernian players yesterday, but not quite good enough.”

This. We always seem to finish strong. I’d say yesterday was our best start to a game under PH.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

WJC1848

Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Thanks for the Just Back. Worth the wait. Thought you let the ref off rather lightly, given his apparent desperation to book as many Hibs players as possible.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Website
www.hibeesbounce.com
Thanks for the Just Back. Worth the wait. Thought you let the ref off rather lightly, given his apparent desperation to book as many Hibs players as possible.
I have a Birra Moretti and Shiraz blended hangover, not feeling ranty enough!

Reactions: WJC1848
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

moathibby

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Very fine summation of the game which is more or less what I thought,apart from I thought Spike had a fine game and Mallan was a bit quiet.Oh well.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

aggie

Justified Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Good game, could've went either way. Both teams had a hatful of chances.

Agree re: Shaw. Just doesn't seem to have that instinct.
Also, thought Agyepong was shocking. Looked more tired than the rest of the team combined, after being on for 2 mins. Stood around and genrally looked a lazy cnut, for my money. Won't be sad to see him go.

A performance anything like that level next week will take care of Hearts comfortably, imo.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

south west hiby

Doonhamer Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Reaction score
Thanks for report and I hope you enjoyed your Easter Sunday.
Heck learns game by game, and it showed yesterday. First 15 we where on the front foot and up and at them. Very enjoyable.
We played well yesterday, though I would be critical of sloppy passing at times, putting ourselves under uneccessay pressure.
Rocky can pull off a save, but I get frustrated by his floated kick outs. If I was Lewis, I would be frustrated.
But Rocky otherwise was excellent.

Milligan a good experienced player, but he is as slow as the Ark Royal turning.
He has many admirable qualities, but his legs don't last, I would move him on close season. I think we can find a replacement.
Not a player who, convinces me.

Celtic players diving is embarrassing, Hayes, Brown and Lustig should all be embarrassed.

Though ref did well. And what a tackle by my motm sir David.

Cheers.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chris G Whyte

Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Having watched the game from happy Helensburgh, I think Celtic probably had the slightly higher number of great chances. That having been said, and as others have pointed out, it was an amusingly good game considering nobody actually scored (given that the ball should have hit the net several times).

What I will say, that I think is most important however, is that our manager has an ability that most managers don't; namely, he knows when to change the way his team is playing, dependent upon how the game is going. So few manage that, as it's typical to just stick with "your vision".

The challenge is whether you have the width of squad to change a game when needed, and it seems fortunate or well managed that Hibs are pretty good in that way.

Reactions: HaarlemShuffler
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Thanks for report and I hope you enjoyed your Easter Sunday.
Heck learns game by game, and it showed yesterday. First 15 we where on the front foot and up and at them. Very enjoyable.
We played well yesterday, though I would be critical of sloppy passing at times, putting ourselves under uneccessay pressure.
Rocky can pull off a save, but I get frustrated by his floated kick outs. If I was Lewis, I would be frustrated.
But Rocky otherwise was excellent.

Milligan a good experienced player, but he is as slow as the Ark Royal turning.
He has many admirable qualities, but his legs don't last, I would move him on close season. I think we can find a replacement.
Not a player who, convinces me.

Celtic players diving is embarrassing, Hayes, Brown and Lustig should all be embarrassed.

Though ref did well. And what a tackle by my motm sir David.

Cheers.
I thought the ref had a shocker!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

The Family

Capital Radge
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
Great report Mate, I see Jack was on the pitch for Brad, he would have been looking down proud of the celebration.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Hibees-Mad

Mad Hibees Radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Website
www.hibeesbounce.com
The sun was beating down pre match, more Costa Del Sol than Coast O Forth, as I drove through the toon from West Lothian, its great seeing wee bursts of green Hibs tops at bus stops all through town, the Hibees really are back in their droves.

Next up is the gunts, bring it on. HOOOOOOFFFFFF!!!!

Finally, this Just Back is dedicated to the life and work of a fine HIbernian. Bradley John Welsh, I salute you. Rest in Peace Brother.

Hibernian Forever!
Mark, comments like these are reason I read only your reports on our games; online or in print. You get us because you ARE all of us. Thank you, mate.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel
HELP US BY CLICKING THE ADS