• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Just back and Boyler made that feel like a win

Everything about bringing back Boyle tells me about ambition. This was a great signing and the fact he scores with almost the last kick was Roy of the Rovers stuff.

I like this......

Livingston 0 Hibernians 3

BIG G

Who's a successful team that let's the opposition have most of the ball all the time?

I think Roma definitely come in this category, they won a European cup playing sit back and counter football, but they also finished sixth in their league.
I think you just need to look at any of Mourinho’s teams as an example. The year Man United won the Europa league, I’m pretty sure Ajax had almost all of the ball. Having the ball isn’t the important part, it’s knowing what to do with it when you have it that counts.

I’d be quite happy with a European Cup and 6th.

Who's a successful team that let's the opposition have most of the ball
Leicester City when they won the English premier league 2015-16?

Exception to the rule, not the standard.

Even then, they scored plenty and played exciting football.
Obviously up against 13 or more clubs bigger than them, you expect them to have to give up possession.

If you're the better team, you can't be giving up possession freely, it looks terrible and at Easter Road? Unacceptable.

I think you just need to look at any of Mourinho’s teams as an example. The year Man United won the Europa league, I’m pretty sure Ajax had almost all of the ball. Having the ball isn’t the important part, it’s knowing what to do with it when you have it that counts.

I’d be quite happy with a European Cup and 6th.

That's tournament football though, the format and ways you need to play aren't the same as every week in the league.

We're the 3rd/5th biggest team in this country.
We can't be letting any of the other 3rd/5th teams control us and even when you go up against Hunco and Celtic, the best way to beat them is to go after them.

Obviously if Hibs were playing against Ajax in Europe, I'd expect us to sit in and counter when we got the chance.

I like this....

Livingston 0 Hibernians 3

BIG G
Confident Porto and Rocky can knobble Nouble?

Exception to the rule, not the standard.

Even then, they scored plenty and played exciting football.
Obviously up against 13 or more clubs bigger than them, you expect them to have to give up possession.

If you're the better team, you can't be giving up possession freely, it looks terrible and at Easter Road? Unacceptable.
I wasn't saying I wanted Hibs to play that way or not, I was just answering your question.

That's tournament football though, the format and ways you need to play aren't the same as every week in the league.

We're the 3rd/5th biggest team in this country.
We can't be letting any of the other 3rd/5th teams control us and even when you go up against Hunco and Celtic, the best way to beat them is to go after them.

Obviously if Hibs were playing against Ajax in Europe, I'd expect us to sit in and counter when we got the chance.
I don’t think not having the ball for large parts of the game automatically equals the other team controlling you. I think you can control a game to an extent by letting the opposition press, as long as your confident in your shape and defensive abilities, and you know exactly what you’re doing when you get the ball in order to effectively counter.

I’m not saying we should do that in every game, or in any in fact, I’m just saying it can work. You don’t need to have the ball all the time to win games.

I agree you wouldn’t sit in against the ugly sisters from Glasgow, because they’re strong going forward. It’s why you need a squad, and a manager, capable of mixing it up depending on who your playing.

Last edited:
I was watching yet another derby game pass Joe Newell by. He had a couple of good moments in the game, but as always they were fleeting. He’s very much a player who flatters to deceive, there were massive sections of that game where he was utterly anonymous, and that was against a truely awful Hearts midfield.

As for me “missing the tackles” and “availability passing” I’ve checked the stats, Newell made two tackles and thirty passes (76% accuracy), he also had 49 touches… pretty much how I saw the game, missed too many tackles and lost the ball a lot. Hope that’s not beyond your understanding…

This is a supposed senior player who’s been at this club for 3 years now, yet still hasn’t imposed himself on our biggest fixture. We’ve only won one derby game since Newell’s been at the club, and he didn’t even start that one.

Our midfield is a massive concern, we’re desperately lacking someone who can drive forward with the ball and make things happen. We don’t have anyone who can take control in the middle of the park. Newell has shown he can’t do that consistently, JDH doesn’t appear to have that in him either, Magennis is that player but he’s always injured, Henderson is still too lightweight, Campbell lacks vision and awareness (which causes him to take too many touches and lose the opening), Kenneh seems to be more of a ball winner and looks like he’ll be very effective in that role.

The big positive is we have Boyle back, a player of real quality who can get us out of jail as he did yesterday. Youan looks a good player as well, but don’t think he’s an out and out number nine.

Agree on Melkersen. I said at the end of last season he would probably benefit from spending six months on loan to a Championship club, I haven’t seen anything to change my mind on that. Boyle’s return may well limit Melkersen’s game time, Hibs are going to have to work something out to help him develop.

Roma are a good example, as are Real Madrid. Both of them currently hold European trophies, neither of them dominated possession to win them
I was watching yet another derby game pass Joe Newell by. He had a couple of good moments in the game, but as always they were fleeting. He’s very much a player who flatters to deceive, there were massive sections of that game where he was utterly anonymous, and that was against a truely awful Hearts midfield.

As for me “missing the tackles” and “availability passing” I’ve checked the stats, Newell made two tackles and thirty passes (76% accuracy), he also had 49 touches… pretty much how I saw the game, missed too many tackles and lost the ball a lot. Hope that’s not beyond your understanding…

This is a supposed senior player who’s been at this club for 3 years now, yet still hasn’t imposed himself on our biggest fixture. We’ve only won one derby game since Newell’s been at the club, and he didn’t even start that one.

Our midfield is a massive concern, we’re desperately lacking someone who can drive forward with the ball and make things happen. We don’t have anyone who can take control in the middle of the park. Newell has shown he can’t do that consistently, JDH doesn’t appear to have that in him either, Magennis is that player but he’s always injured, Henderson is still too lightweight, Campbell lacks vision and awareness (which causes him to take too many touches and lose the opening), Kenneh seems to be more of a ball winner and looks like he’ll be very effective in that role.

The big positive is we have Boyle back, a player of real quality who can get us out of jail as he did yesterday. Youan looks a good player as well, but don’t think he’s an out and out number nine.

Agree on Melkersen. I said at the end of last season he would probably benefit from spending six months on loan to a Championship club, I haven’t seen anything to change my mind on that. Boyle’s return may well limit Melkersen’s game time, Hibs are going to have to work something out to help him develop.

Roma are a good example, as are Real Madrid. Both of them currently hold European trophies, neither of them dominated possession to win them.
Steady now, you started on what was beyond you.
I don’t know about stats and certainly don’t use them to appraise a performance I don’t need them. But I thought he made more than two tackles. Much busier.
Always available for the ball too.
I’m sure from those stats of yours though that his pass rate is a good one (maybe 5 in 6 complete) and some passes exceptionally well delivered.
Miles and miles away from fucking shite. Basically a fucking shite remark.

Just another game day on keechback
No they're obsessed the post started last Wednesday.

Steady now, you started on what was beyond you.
I don’t know about stats and certainly don’t use them to appraise a performance I don’t need them. But I thought he made more than two tackles. Much busier.
Always available for the ball too.
I’m sure from those stats of yours though that his pass rate is a good one (maybe 5 in 6 complete) and some passes exceptionally well delivered.
Miles and miles away from fucking shite. Basically a fucking shite remark.

They’re not my stats, they are the official match stats, sorry they don’t support your narrative. Look, you clearly rate Joe Newell, I don’t. Let’s just leave it at that, I’ll have a debate with anyone but there’s nae need for you to be getting wide about it.

This is prime gunt
Screenshot_20220809-000022_Twitter.jpg

They’re not my stats, they are the official match stats, sorry they don’t support your narrative. Look, you clearly rate Joe Newell, I don’t. Let’s just leave it at that, I’ll have a debate with anyone but there’s nae need for you to be getting wide about it.
I wasn’t aware that I was getting wide I’ve shared your narrative and I’ll leave it at that too.

Reactions: Zab
Typical gunt with his stubby wee spunk crusted thumb. Have a shower ya fuckin mutant.

They were Solid in defence that year, Wes Morgan had the season of his life

Typical gunt with his stubby wee spunk crusted thumb. Have a shower ya fuckin mutant.
🤢

my post, or the mutant gimps' digit?

my post, or the mutant gimps' digit?
Don’t, make me look at it again.

:40:

A fantastic end to the game with Martin Boyle scoring an excellent team goal and securing what quite frankly was an unlikely point for Hibs given the way the game had went. I thought we started well but they quickly asserted control in midfield and should have scored a few more early in the second half when Marshall kept us in it. We looked wide open far too often defensively and I thought both Porteous and Bushiri struggled to cope with Boyce and Shankland. Hibs best player for me was the excellent Youan. That's the first time I have seen him play in a proper competitive game and I thought he showed great pace and energy throughout and was unlucky not to score with the header in the first half. I thought Kenneh practically held our powder puff midfield together at times and he was left to do too much in the game with Newall having one of his posted missing outings (and please don't let him take any more corners) and Campbell both being second best for most of the game in that crucial area. Once they scored I thought it would be a long way back for Hibs but we kept plugging away and the introduction of some much needed quality in the shape of the returning Martin Boyle made the difference right at the end.

Henderson and Melkerson were getting a fair bit of stick around me, but they looked lost in their wide attacking roles and considering our tactics seemed to involve missing out the midfield altogether and just hoofing the ball hard down the middle in the hope we could get a break somewhere, it was not a surprise that both didn't contribute too much. Henderson has to be played in the middle for me, and Melkerson (who still looks short of being a first team player in my eyes) if he is going to play anywhere should be in the bloody penalty box where he is more likely to score goal.

Overall I thought considering we were second best for most of the game, we kept at it and got our reward in the end. Barrie McKay was their best player and I thought Youan was ours. We definitely have that "work in progress" look about us and it would be nice to see us starting to create some clear cut chances in the next few games with perhaps one of our strikers hitting the target.

A fantastic end to the game with Martin Boyle scoring an excellent team goal and securing what quite frankly was an unlikely point for Hibs given the way the game had went. I thought we started well but they quickly asserted control in midfield and should have scored a few more early in the second half when Marshall kept us in it. We looked wide open far too often defensively and I thought both Porteous and Bushiri struggled to cope with Boyce and Shankland. Hibs best player for me was the excellent Youan. That's the first time I have seen him play in a proper competitive game and I thought he showed great pace and energy throughout and was unlucky not to score with the header in the first half. I thought Kenneh practically held our powder puff midfield together at times and he was left to do too much in the game with Newall having one of his posted missing outings (and please don't let him take any more corners) and Campbell both being second best for most of the game in that crucial area. Once they scored I thought it would be a long way back for Hibs but we kept plugging away and the introduction of some much needed quality in the shape of the returning Martin Boyle made the difference right at the end.

Henderson and Melkerson were getting a fair bit of stick around me, but they looked lost in their wide attacking roles and considering our tactics seemed to involve missing out the midfield altogether and just hoofing the ball hard down the middle in the hope we could get a break somewhere, it was not a surprise that both didn't contribute too much. Henderson has to be played in the middle for me, and Melkerson (who still looks short of being a first team player in my eyes) if he is going to play anywhere should be in the bloody penalty box where he is more likely to score goal.

Overall I thought considering we were second best for most of the game, we kept at it and got our reward in the end. Barrie McKay was their best player and I thought Youan was ours. We definitely have that "work in progress" look about us and it would be nice to see us starting to create some clear cut chances in the next few games with perhaps one of our strikers hitting the target.
No chance we were second best for most of the game. The stats prove otherwise mate.

Gunt.png

🤮Foosty fingers, just noticed , he’s got one missing tae.

That’s one missing finger tae.🤭

FFS! Dirty bastard! Boak. 🤮

Very unusual, normally they have 1 extra 🤷‍♂️

This thread has been viewed 8833 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50