• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Just Back and Aberdeen Doidged a bullet....

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
Not long in the door, so will have me tea before I write the Just Back on the day we might have scored 4 or 5 to thump Aberdeen and didnae.

OK, half ma tea finished. I made the mistake of reading the game thread whist eating my tea, I never do that normally. So to start with, can the uphappy branch of the Hibs supporters club either put their tampon back in or buy a bigger one please? Many of you know me, I am not a 'happy clapper', nor am I a 'bed wetter', I am a home and away Hibby, who tries to give a Hibs fans view of games for fellow fans who cannae go. I have no agenda. I read the match thread and I have never read so much shite in a long time.

Some facts, simple, clear facts. Hibs played well today, we domintaed the first 25 minutes, we deserved to be ahead, we did not sit back, we most will certainly not go down, indeed although not a fact, I expect Hibs will be top six soon. Other facts are that Doidge is not a goalscorer, he had three must scores he fluffed and another should score he also fluffed, he cost us two points, no one else, not the manager, not the performance of the team, and if there was a chink in Heckingbottoms armour today it was persevering either with Doidge or at least taking off either of the hopeless wingers and going to a two for a wee while, along with the error of replacing the excellent but injured Hallberg with the wet skitter that is Newell. Another fact that is if Doidge was not a greedy and frankly useless knobend, a simple pass to Scott Allan in the last of his 4 fuck ups, we would have been 2-0 up and cruising, to be honest we were cruising at one up and HIbs fans were 'OLE-ing' the passes as we took the piss out of a ineffectual Aberdeen.

We ran Aberdeen ragged and but for a better goalscorer it could have been 4 or 5 to Hibs, even the mutton molesters we walked up the road with after the game reckoned Hibs should have pumped them and they were lucky. Its fair to also say they think the same of McInnes and many of us have felt about Hecky recently. They didnae appreciate my suggestion that having a Hun for a manager cannae be easy.

For the record, my opinion on Hecky has not particularly changed, but I do think he has realised his job is on the line and some things have, lucky for him, clicked and to give him some credit, we are playing far better possession football, although not the Hibernian way. At half time, as me and a good pal of many years watching the Hibs, reminised about the time we took 200 to Aberdeen and sat in their main stand and had to be walked round the track after the game, how the ASC used to come out of back streets and charge into you or as they sat in our end and fought you at half time in between pie and piss breaks, we agreed modern fitba is rubbish, the game was rubbish and fitba simply isnae the same anymore.

Other things you cannae see on the radio. Cosgrove should have been given a second yellow for a terrible challenge on Lewis. He had been booked already and the referee shat it. Cosgrove scored the equaliser 5 minutes later. The two Aberdeen reds were reds, simple. They are a pub team, indeed their route one hoofball reminded me of the puddle drinkers style. Fucking ugly. Ours is a bit bland, interspersed with the grace of Scott Allan and skills of James, Porteous, Mallan, Hanlon, Vela and Hallberg but we are punchless up front.

So, the team....stay with me here....

Maxwell had a good game and had no chance at the goal, other wise he had no difficult saves to make.

James had another good game, allthough I prefer Mallan shooting from dead ball, I think Tom James is a good signing.

Ryan Porteous scored, was immense and is Hibs through and through. Its hard to believe he is such a young, raw talent. Ryan took his goal in a calm, opportunistic way Doidge never could.

Paul Hanlon too was magnificent, he is the good cop to Ryan or Daz's bad. No idea if it was he or Ryan who lost their man for Aberdeen's undeserved equaliser.

Lewis is Lewis. No quarter given.

Hallberg is growing into a smashing signing, a real find. His injury and replacement by the waste of a jersey Newell, moving Mallan in to cover him made us weaker. He is a really decent player, I like him, he tidies up the mess.

Vela too had a smashing game, best in a Hibs jersey since his debut, covered a lot of grass and worked well linking front to back.

Mallan too had a decent game although he seems ot have been asked to play the old inside right position?

Allan was kicked and booted all game, but was the glistening diamond of fitba in an otherwise plonker of a battle.

Horgan was hopeless, he brought nothing to the game really. He was played on the left wing.

Doidge holds the ball up well, won many headers against a mahoosive Sheep centre half pairing but he couldnae score in a barrel of fannies, fucking useless shitebag with only the goalie to beat and greedy bastard when Scottie didnae have even a goalie to beat. Not a striker, never a striker. He singularly cost us three points, no one else.

Subs

Middleton for Horgan was Primark claes for mair claes fae Poundland. Poor for rubbish. I would send Middleton back to Ibrokes, he is a slow, disinterested version of Ivan. If he is their future, I look forward to seeing him in the third division in royal blue. Horgan is not and will never be a left winger as I said.

Hallberg got injured around 15 to go. He had been immense. Instead of sticking Whitts in to see the game out, Hecky stuck his pal Newell the plumber or whatever he is, on, He is nae fitba player. He touched the ball about twice, shirked, hid and played wide, right oot the way of things, it didnae help.

Kamberi replaced Doidge, the reason we got a draw way too late to make any difference, fuck knows why, I still think the two players might compliment each other. Interestingly Doidge was removed after the fourth of four fuck ups, neither fucking wonder.

The manager, well the soggy tampons would blame Heckingbottom if they shat their ane knickers. I was there today, Hibs played well, possibly our best performance this season and but for Dodgy Doidge we would have won comfortably. The fitba is a bit boring, the play is slow, the one up front and two wingers is modern but disnae work for Hibs. I would have had him sacked after the 2-0 loss at Killie but I can see an proper improvement in Hibs, we have some good players, its the final third that it disnae work but we are better than I have seen from Aberdeen, Killie, and the Puddle Drinkers. What I will say is he will lose his job because he cannae see players, he see's systems and tactics and its cold. All the nice words and claps at the end will not have Hibs fans on his side if we keep playing to draw or win 1-0. It is not nor never will be the Hibernian way, or the expectation of the Hibs support.

Talking of which, around 1000 noisy Hibs fans in a dreich and freezing Aberdeen, they double checked our tickets, they frisked us, the queue for food was 20 plus minutes for the worst pie in Scotland, worse even than Easter Road, there was NO RUNNING WATER in the toilet sinks, but still we came, well done lassies and laddies, real fans, real supporters. We are Hibernian FC. I think there was around 8000 Aberdeen fans, Scotland's 'Turd Force'.

Aberdeen are hoofball, hacking, shite managed by the Hun who has instilled Hun like play. They kicked us off the pitch. I expect McInnes to lose his job before both Potter and Hecky, Aberdeen are shite and only improved when Niall McGInn came on for them.

The referee done well to send two Sheep off but it should have been three, he shat it, they scored, he knows it.

To finish my opinions, I would have taken 1-1 before the game, post match it felt like we got beat, we dominated the play, including some lovely bits of pass and move, the strength at the back, the links in play between James, Hanlon, Porteous, Lewis, Vela, Hallberg, Allan and Mallan were in part excellent. No corners turned but we have taken the big chicane and looking much more like a team. I am still more Leeds than Barnsley, as I hate percentage fitba and one up front, I cannae help that, its boring.

So, next its an international break, where John McGInn is facing Russia and San Marino, fuck knows who Scotland are playing? Me, am off to Germany for beer and sausage and the Geremn 4th division. After that its Hamilton away. Go along and give Hibs your support, we have a big corner to turn, supporting us will get us round it, moaning about it online in your pants in your back room based on the opinion of Radio Scotland, well.

Forgot to say, my man of the match was Melker Hallberg, what a good player he is shaping up to be.

Hibernian Forever!

Last edited:
Was it really 3 times Doidge only had the goalie to bsat?

Was it really 3 times Doidge only had the goalie to bsat?

No, it was 4.

Not long in the door, so will have me tea before I write the Just Back on the day we might have scored 4 or 5 to thump Aberdeen and didnae.

should have played them the clip of McInnes on the radio “it’s not like we’re playing rangers today” and the players might have been motivated to skelp them 5-0

Read it and weep.

That fair cheered me up Mark. Let us hope we will be climbing the table after the international break.

Agree with most. Doidge was so bad. Really eyebleeding bad. I used to got to nuneaton Borough in the English conference as a boy and I've never seen a slower more ineffective striker in all my life.

I really haven't thought much of vela till last week and today he was outstanding. Mallberg and the back four were immense.

OK, half ma tea finished. I made the mistake of reading the game thread whist eating my tea, I never do that normally. So to start with, can the uphappy branch of the Hibs supporters club either put their tampon back in or buy a bigger one please? Many of you know me, I am not a 'happy clapper', not am I a 'bed wetter', I am a home and away Hibby, who tries to give a Hibs fans view of games for fellow fans who cannae go. I have no agenda. I read the match thread and I have never read so much shite in a long time.

Some facts, simple, clear facts. Hibs played well today, we domintaed the first 25 minutes, we deserved to be ahead, we did not sit back, we will most certainly not go down, indeed although not a fact, I expect Hibs will be top six soon. Other facts are that Doidge is not a goalscorer, he had three must scores he fluffed and another should score he also fluffed, he cost us two points, no one else, not the manager, not the performance of the team, and if there was a chink in Heckingbottoms armour today it was persevering either with Doidge or at least taking off either of the hopeless wingers and going to a two for a wee while, along with the error of replacing the excellent but injured Hallberg with the wet skitter that is Newell. Another fact that is Doidge was not a greedy and frankly useless knobend, a simple pass to Scott Allan in the last of his 4 fuck ups, we would have been 2-0 up and cruising, to be honest we were cruising at one up and HIbs fans were 'OLE-ing' the passes as we took the piss out of a ineffectual Aberdeen.

We ran Aberdeen ragged and but for a better goalscorer it could have been 4 or 5 to Hibs, even the mutton molesters we walked up the road with after the game reckoned Hibs should have pumped them and they were lucky. Its fair to also say they think the same of McInnes and many of us have felt about Hecky recently. They didnae appreciate my suggestion that having a Hun for a manager cannae be easy.

For the record, my opinion on Hecky has not particularly changed, but I do think he has realised his job is on the line and some things have, lucky for him, clicked and to give him some credit, we are playing far better possession football, although not the Hibernian way. At half time, as me and a good pal of many years watching the Hibs, reminised about the time we took 200 to Aberdeen and sat in their main stand and had to be walked round the track after the game, how the ASC used to come out of back streets and charge into you or as they sat in our end and fought you at half time in between pie and piss breaks, we agreed modern fitba is rubbish, the game was rubbish and fitba simply isnae the same anymore.

Other things you cannae see on the radio. Cosgrove should have been given a second yellow for a terrible challenge on Lewis. He had been booked already and the referee shat it. Cosgrove scored the equaliser 5 minutes later. The two Aberdeen reds were reds, simple. They are a pub team, indeed their route one hoofball reminded me of the puddle drinkers style. Fucking ugly. Ours is a bit bland, interspersed with the grace of Scott Allan and skills of James, Porteous, Mallan, Hanlon, Vela and Hallberg but we are punchless up front.

So, the team....stay with me here.....

Maxwell had a good game and had no chance at the goal, other wise he had no difficult saves to make.

James had another good game, allthough I prefer Mallan shooting from dead ball, I think Tom James is a good signing.

Ryan Porteous scored, was immense and is Hibs through and through. It shard to believe he is such a young, raw talent. Ryan took his goal in a calm, opportunistic was Doidge never could.

Paul Hanlon too was magnificent, he is the good cop to Ryan or Daz;'s bad. No idea if it was he or Ryan who lost their man for Aberdeen's undeserved equaliser.

Lewis is Lewis. No quarter given.

Hallberg is growing into a smashing signing, a real find. His injury and replacement by the waste of a jersey moving Mallan in to cover him made us weaker. He is a really decent player, I like him, he tidies up the mess.

Vela too had a smashing game, best in a Hibs jersey since his debut, covered a lot of grass and worked well linking front to back.

Mallan too had a decent game although he seems ot have been asked to play the old inside right position?

Allan was kicked and booted all game, but was the glistening diamond of fitba in an otherwise battle royale.

Horgan was hopeless, he brought nothing to the game really.He was played on the left wing.

Doidge holds the ball up well, won many headers against a mahoosive Sheep centre half pairing but he couldnae socre in a barrel of fannies, fucking useless shitebag with onlt the goalie to beat and greedy bastard when Scottie dinnae have even a goalie to beat. Not a striker, never a striker. He singularly cost us three points, no one else.

Subs

Middleton for Horgan was Primark claes for mar claes fae poundland. Poor for rubbish. I would send Middleton back to Ibrokes, he is a slow, disinterested version of Ivan. If he is their future, I look forward to seeing him in the third division in royal blue. Horgan is not and will never be a left winger.

Hallberg got injured around 15 to go. He had been immense. Instead of sticking Whitts in to see the game out, Hecky stuck his pal Newell the plumber or whatever he is on, because he is nae fitba player. He touched the ball about twice, shirked, hid and played wide, right oot the way of things, it didnae help.

Kamberi replaced Doidge, the reason we got a draw way too late to make any difference, fuck knows why, I still think teh two players might compliment each other. Interestingly Doidge was removed after the fourth of four fuck ups, neither fucking wonder.

The manager, well the soggy tampons would blame Heckingbottom if they shat their ane knickers. I was there today, Hibs played well, possibly our best performance this season and but for Dodgy Doidge we would have won comfortably. The fitba is a bit boring, the play is slow, the one up front and two wingers is modern but disnae work for Hibs. I would have had him sacked after the 2-0 loss at Kille but I can see an proper improvement in Hibs, we have some good players, its the final third that it disnae work ut we are better than I have seen from Aberdeen, Killie, and the Puddle Drinkers. What I wil say is he will lose his job because he cannae see players, he see's systems and tactics and is cold and all the nice words and claps at the end will not have Hibs fans on his side if we keep playing to draw or win 1-0. It is not or ever will be the Hibernian way, or the expectation of the Hibs support.

Talking of which, around 1000 noisy Hibs fans in a dreich and freezing Aberdeen, they double checked our tickets, they frisked us, the queue for food was 20 plus minutes fo rteh worst pie in Scotland, worse even than Easter Road, there was NO RUNNING WATER in the toilet sinks, but still we came, well done lassies and laddies, real fans, real supporters. We are Hibernian FC.

Aberdeen are hoofball, hacking, shite managed by the Hun who has instilled Hun like play. They kicked us off the pitch. I expect McInnes to lose his job before both Potter and Hecky, Aberdeen are shite and only improved when Niall McGInn came on for them.

The referee done well to send two Sheep off but it should have been three, he shat it, they scored, he knows it.

To finish my opinions, I would have taken 1-1 before the game, post match it felt like we got beat, we dominated the play, including some lovely bits of pass and move, the strength at the back, the links in play between James, Hanlon, Porteous, Lewis, Vela, Hallberg, Allan and Mallan were in part excellent. No corners turned but we have taken the big chicane and looking much more like a team. I am still more Leeds than Barnsley, as I hate percentage fitba and one up front, I cannae help that.

So, next is an international break, where John McGInn is facing Russia and San Marino, fuck knows who Scotland are playing? Me, am off to Germany for beer and sausage. After that its Hamilton away. Go along and give Hibs your support, we have a big corner to turn, supporting us will get us round it, moaning about it online in your pants in your back room based on the opinion of Radio Scotland, well.

Hibernian Forever!

Spot on Mark. One player cost us today and it’s as simple as that. Our midfield is starting to take shape the fitter Halberg and Vela get. Big three games coming up, and if the manager is going to be a success here then he needs to take a minimum of 7 points out of the 9 available.

Thank you Mark, I've been waiting for that. The match thread and the other one were daft, just folk pushing agendas. I trust yours.

Cheers for the report. My Hibs TV packed in second half so was reliant on Sportsound and text updates and the impression I got was that we sat very deep and invited pressure even after Dons were reduced to 10 men. Delighted to hear this wasn’t actually the case ??

If after the Gunts game anyone offered us progress into the League cup semi final, draw against Celtc and a draw away to Aberdeen we would all have taken it.

There's a long long way to go but denying that there's been improvement is daft.

Thanks Mark, and good on you and al! the other diehards who ventured up there. Hats off to you all.

It's comforting and surprising to hear your positive take on things, it's gives me so.e hope, hope I don't see when I watch Hibs.
I wasn't there , but did doidge actually see Allan when he was through? I ask because anytime I have seen him , his head is down and he couldn't see a double decker if it was on the pitch.I
How heckingbottom can't see we need two up front ,is a serious worry to me. How Middleton is a better option than one of a few of our academy boys is another huge one.
I, as im sure you do ,remember the rhetoric when fenlon was in charge was 'I see improvement " when in fact we just slowly and painfully manifested our self into a championship team. I am not an internet activist who thinks we can bring down a manager by posting demands on his demise, I do think the long in the tooth punters can see when it aint working. One win in 14 is worthy of alarm bells.
Newell is a fukin excuse of a football player, but still gets chances to prove all us non football playing idiots wrong. Heckingbottom is one stubborn fool who needs to very quickly grasp what is required for Hibs to be where they are.
Beneath Hamilton, Livi, Ross county and st Mirren is certainly not that p!ace .
Thanks again for your take on things, myself and many others really appreciate it.

Thanks for the just back.I openly admit to being a Hecky Out poster.I do understand things have improved ever so slightly but the simple facts are he left us with 3 forwards to start the season.It is him who continues to select Newell. It is him who has been in charge when we have one 1 league game in 14.It is also him who continues to select Middleton and Horgan together when just about every Hibs fan knows it will never work.He is the one picking the team so that’s where the buck stops.We are boring to watch with no plan A B or C.He will not turn this round and I think wee fans deserve much much better.

Thanks for the report.I had decided to go to the Indy March and didn't know the score until about 7.So now I know what happened.Wish I'd gone to the game,because the march left me even more frustrated than Hibs.

Spot on Mark. One player cost us today and it’s as simple as that. Our midfield is starting to take shape the fitter Halberg and Vela get. Big three games coming up, and if the manager is going to be a success here then he needs to take a minimum of 7 points out of the 9 available.

Spot on, then I will respond to those that ask whether Heckingbottom should go.

Thanks for the Just Back. And thanks for being honest enough to say that we were indeed very good in patches throughout the game. For me the game changed when Doidge missed so many very good chances because if he had done what he was bought to do, then we could have probably coped with losing the excellent Hallberg, even allowing for it being the anonymous Newell who replaced him.

Thanks Mark, and good on you and al! the other diehards who ventured up there. Hats off to you all. - Thank you, I love my team, its what we do.

It's comforting and surprising to hear your positive take on things, it's gives me so.e hope, hope I don't see when I watch Hibs. - It is perspective, we were awful, we are not awful, we are improving.

I wasn't there , but did doidge actually see Allan when he was through? I ask because anytime I have seen him , his head is down and he couldn't see a double decker if it was on the pitch. I think he did, it was a fucking shite effort, he isnae a striker who kills teams off.

How heckingbottom can't see we need two up front ,is a serious worry to me. It is beyond me too, system before sense?

How Middleton is a better option than one of a few of our academy boys is another huge one. Fuck only knows, he is pish, lets be honest. I am beyond baffled why Fraser Murray is not at least on the bench before the Sevco laddie? A personal bias would suggest we done a deal with the devil about playing him there. Fuck the devil, send him back.

I, as im sure you do ,remember the rhetoric when fenlon was in charge was 'I see improvement " when in fact we just slowly and painfully manifested our self into a championship team. I am not an internet activist who thinks we can bring down a manager by posting demands on his demise, I do think the long in the tooth punters can see when it aint working. One win in 14 is worthy of alarm bells. A better striker would have seen us win by at least 2. I am not alarmed, I am bored much of the game.

Newell is a fukin excuse of a football player, but still gets chances to prove all us non football playing idiots wrong. Heckingbottom is one stubborn fool who needs to very quickly grasp what is required for Hibs to be where they are. Hell yes, a spunkstain, nothing more. Hecky is tryin to make a point, he fails dismally, Newell is shite, its O'Brien without the heart.

Beneath Hamilton, Livi, Ross county and st Mirren is certainly not that p!ace . No, but we will be above them, we played some great fitba, Hibs fitba, better striker, Hallberg doing 90 minutes, it was a Hibs win all the way.

Thanks again for your take on things, myself and many others really appreciate it. I know you do, I write it for the very many Hibs people out there, but I am not having Billy Dodds, Allan Preston and the Daily Record telling fellow Hibs people how it is without a Hibs fan giving their opinion. If it was shite, I would say so, I spent the pre season saying so and was regularly telt I was wrong., be patient I dont support Heckingbottom or the board, I support Hibernian, every week, forever.

Did anyone else notice Martin Boyle warming down with the other players after the game?

Cheers for the report. My Hibs TV packed in second half so was reliant on Sportsound and text updates and the impression I got was that we sat very deep and invited pressure even after Dons were reduced to 10 men. Delighted to hear this wasn’t actually the case ??
The coverage I got on the train was splendid and uninterrupted. Thank you Red TV. There is no formulistic or mathematical theorem on how to play when 1 goal up playing against a rubbish team with 10 men , however I saw what I saw and sitting deep should not be in the equation. As I alluded to on the match thread I could see the goal coming a mile away. I shall change my tampon following my post.

BIG G

Thanks for the report Mark, informative as always for us poor sods that cannae make it every week, one slight disagreement if I may, I think hecky is ultimately responsible for results, or lack of them. Playing doidge up front on his own when it's obvious he's shite, bringing on newell instead of Whitts when it's obvious he's shite, playing Middleton when it's obvious he's shite, or at least no better than our youngsters . Is it the players that decide tae sit back after we score or hecky instructions. I k ow folk think we've turned a corner and there are reported signs of improvement but hecky just seems tae want tae play one way and is too stubborn to change when its no' working. But you actually go tae the games , while I only get tae a few and rely on just backs and the wireless so I'm quite happy to be put in my place. GGTTH

One slight against Heckingbottom is I think he’s playing scared and that’s reflecting on the players. A confident manager would have thrown on an extra forward and told the boys to fucking go for it. He shows no confidence or bravery what so ever and the players are feeding off his negative approach.

One slight against Heckingbottom is I think he’s playing scared and that’s reflecting on the players. A confident manager would have thrown on an extra forward and told the boys to fucking go for it. He shows no confidence or bravery what so ever and the players are feeding off his negative approach.
Getting strikers into one on ones three times isn't playing scared IMHO.

Thanks for the report Mark, informative as always for us poor sods that cannae make it every week, one slight disagreement if I may, I think hecky is ultimately responsible for results, or lack of them. Playing doidge up front on his own when it's obvious he's shite, bringing on newell instead of Whitts when it's obvious he's shite, playing Middleton when it's obvious he's shite, or at least no better than our youngsters . Is it the players that decide tae sit back after we score or hecky instructions. I k ow folk think we've turned a corner and there are reported signs of improvement but hecky just seems tae want tae play one way and is too stubborn to change when its no' working. But you actually go tae the games , while I only get tae a few and rely on just backs and the wireless so I'm quite happy to be put in my place. GGTTH

All your points are valid, although we did not sit back at any point I remember. That appeared on the bounce posted by someone wasn’t actually at the game I think?

We were 1_0 up against a shite Aberdeen team wi' 10 men so you would expect us tae create a few chances anyway, whether that was due tae heckys tactical nounce or no' is open tae debate.

The coverage I got on the train was splendid and uninterrupted. Thank you Red TV. There is no formulistic or mathematical theorem on how to play when 1 goal up playing against a rubbish team with 10 men , however I saw what I saw and sitting deep should not be in the equation. As I alluded to on the match thread I could see the goal coming a mile away. I shall change my tampon following my post.

BIG G

I don’t agree we sat back, Aberdeen brought McGInn on, we lost Hallberg at a similar time, we had dominated midfield until then. pegged back not sat back for me. If the tampon fits and all that.

All your points are valid, although we did not sit back at any point I remember. That appeared on the bounce posted by someone wasn’t actually at the game I think?
Cheers Mark, I actually saw it mentioned on the tele printer thingy on my computer. Once again your just backs are much apreesh....appereechi.... appreash... fuck it well liked

Bringing the winger Newell on for the defensive midfielder Hallberg isn’t playing scared either. Stupid but not scared.

Great report thanks, the Just Back format is quite unique. I'm up for doing another if you ever can't make a match or want a rest! From someone who just doesn''t get it together enough to make a Pittodrie trip, the improvement in the team is great news and the fact we are leaving a place like Pittodrie disappointed with a draw, means something good might be happening! In the case of the sending offs, for me they have been coming for ages in encounters with the sheep. I was listening to it on Sportsound, well selective listening, and you could tell pretty quickly we are playing better.

I don’t agree we sat back, Aberdeen brought McGInn on, we lost Hallberg at a similar time, we had dominated midfield until then. pegged back not sat back for me. If the tampon fits and all that.
Should we be getting pegged back when we have 11 against 10 though ?

I thought Hibs were excellent against Celtic last week-end against by far the best team in Scotland. Yes, we rode our luck at times, but our game plan worked and we (a) got the crucial first goal, and (b) worked hard in midfield to stop them playing their natural game for the most part. We got a point which was a very good result. Going by the reports on Hibs against Aberdeen yesterday we again thankfully looked much more of a cohesive team and it's clear that some of the new players who were badly lacking in match fitness when thy arrived have improved their condition and are now getting used to the pace of the game up here. The problem for the manager and us is that it is results that matter.
Yet again from a winning position we managed to chuck valuable points away in the later stages of a game. Why does this keep on happening ? Doidge by all accounts should have scored several times but he didn't and as usual we failed to see a game out with what we had...this time against 10 men. Last season the problem for me was that we were not good enough in the last third of the park. It would appear that this season we have become worse in that area not better. We need proven strikers at the level we play at or above, and we need far better wide players with pace and who can cross the ball properly if we are going to continue with this one up front system. The one player up front needs support. He cannot be left isolated.
The reason I said yesterday that I thought we would struggle to stay above the relegation fight was not an immediate knee-jerk reaction to us throwing yet another win away, it was based on the stats so far this season. We can't score goals, we continually lose late goals which have cost us a lot of points already this season, we have only won one match since the season started. If that continues we will most certainly be in the bottom six come the end of the season. Defensively we have clearly improved which was crucial, but we have to start winning regularly starting with the next game against Hamilton away. Any sort of win will do. In our position it is points that matter...absolutely nothing else.

Last edited:

Teams will always have a good ten minutes in a game. The reason we dropped points is failure to take chances, nothing else

Yes, when a team are pushing for a goal course it can happen. Had Doidge taken ANY of his chances we would have been in easy street.

Aberdeen changed the game with their subs and then we lost our sitting midfielder. They had a couple of corners back to back. When you have height, you will always be a threat from corners. We dropped points because Doidge didn’t bury the game. Plain and simple. We actually played some nice football and I’ve been really impressed with Hallberg and Vela.

Teams will always have a good ten minutes in a game. The reason we dropped points is failure to take chances, nothing else
Well I suppose creating them now is a positive and I get what you mean with a good 10 mins but it's not always a given when you have 10 men .

Aberdeen changed the game with their subs and then we lost our sitting midfielder. They had a couple of corners back to back. When you have height, you will always be a threat from corners. We dropped points because Doidge didn’t bury the game. Plain and simple. We actually played some nice football and I’ve been really impressed with Hallberg and Vela.

Absolutely spot on summation.

I seen the game it was best I have seen vela so far .

Surely then our manager should have changed things to counter their subs.

Surely then our manager should have changed things to counter their subs.
We had used two subs and then hallberg went off injured.

But that's where Heckinbottom bottom fails every game, like in a game of chess you've got to counter the subs, he never does.

But that's where Heckinbottom bottom fails every game, like in a game of chess you've got to counter the subs, he never does.

He got that wrong I think and said so in my OP, it should have been Whitt’s not Newell for Hallberg.

This thread has been viewed 13401 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back