• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Just back and a Goodwin that.....

That was such a perceptive match report which nailed exactly the rhythm and patterns of the game.✅

"Twa swallows disnae make a summer" but the manager got everything 100%% right today and fully deserves all the plaudits for team selection and game management.✅

Last edited:
I'd think it'll be the same set up for Youan, but hopefully cheaper.

I've heard £500k+ for Youan

Aye, definite interest from more than one.
Lets hope hes on a long contract

I've heard £500k+ for Youan
For us to pay?

If he can keep up his latest form that might be a deal.

For us to pay?

If he can keep up his latest form that might be a deal.

Aye, athletically he looks built to get better, confidence growing, performances getting better...

I think its worth looking at.

If we've already got something in place, which I'm sure we were told by the club officially... It must be within the parameters for buy to sell.

Just in from a party and stuck hibs game on alba. Happy days

We had never beat them by more than 4 ever I think.
According tae the radio we scored 6 against them in 1951.

According tae the radio we scored 6 against them in 1951.
6-2 maybe? 6-0 biggest win.

The display was a huge improvement. They say stats dont lie, but in football the only stat worth a button is the goals.last week we had 21 shots most of possesion and lost 0.3. This wwek believe it or not, stats showed only 12 shots to their 11 and 50/50 possesion. But the big stat is our one in two shots finish.

As a side note on the singing section, it is nice to see it has grown a whole lot. However the acoustics in ER are not great. The place only ever seems to be loud when away fans mass together. Perhaps because the stand behind the goals is smaller and there are more fans willing to join in. It never worked for us in the famous 5 because we only coveres a small section and others did not join in. There is no easy answer. I think section 43 was the best, sectiin 42 is more central though, but people wont move their season tickets so no easy answer. I do think some of the songs can be a bit long, or very slow to get going making many people lose interest. Songs to me should be fairly short and catchy. The Warburton song kept everyone in Copenhagen singing for hours.

Anyway good luck to them. I was encouraged that people were singing in oth3r sectiins today as well, hopefully fans find their voices more often and not rely on one section for their entertainment

6-2 maybe? 6-0 biggest win.
looked it up and it was indeed 6-2.

Couldn’t get up for this game and gutted not to be there.

Watched on IPTV and we were fantastic.

I hope writing this just back was as pleasurable for you Mark as reading it was for me.

That’s is the Hibs we love.

One thing that stood out for me was how well we dealt with corners, free kicks and crosses in to our box today as most of this season we have looked likely to concede every time the ball came in. Today we attacked the ball brilliantly.

GGTTH

Marshall and Hanlon I thought were very vocal and Hanlon especially helped Fish through the game.
I forgot to mention in my OP Jeggo is another talker. Very vocal through the game.

9am train to Dingwall on Tuesday come on the intrepid Hibs
See you up there.

9am train to Dingwall on Tuesday come on the intrepid Hibs
Crowd of us going to St Mirren next week - a rare away game for me!

Yesterday was a real unexpected treat, too many good performers to mention but Josh Campbell deserves special praise. He nearly always gets pass marks from me even in bad team performances. Never hides.

So glad I made it along even with major jet lag 😴

Last edited:

looked it up and it was indeed 6-2.
I was at Hibs v Aberdeen reserves in late 1960’s and the half time score came over the tannoy 4-0. Full time score 6-2 was announced. Was a very happy wee boy when I went for my chips.

I was at Hibs v Aberdeen reserves in late 1960’s and the half time score came over the tannoy 4-0. Full time score 6-2 was announced. Was a very happy wee boy when I went for my chips.
I've been trying for ages to figure out a game I was at where we were 4 nil up at half time v Aberdeen. Thought I was imagining it but that must have been it...thank you!

I've been trying for ages to figure out a game I was at where we were 4 nil up at half time v Aberdeen. Thought I was imagining it but that must have been it...thank you!
The reserve game was at ER thus the 6-2 game was at Pittodrie

The reserve game was at ER thus the 6-2 game was at Pittodrie
Oh right I get you. So I still have this clear memory of being 4-0 up at half time v Aberdeen at ER. This is bugging me, need to study the old results some more.

Oh right I get you. So I still have this clear memory of being 4-0 up at half time v Aberdeen at ER. This is bugging me, need to study the old results some more.
Was it a league cup qualifier? Eric Stevenson got a couple 4-0 at ht and ft.

It may have already been mentioned, but have we ever beaten Aberdeen 6-0 or by 6 goals or more before? @Purple & Green ?

Just found it...1970 league cup qualifying, as you say 4-0 ht and ft. 😀

Shooting down the slope 1st half. 53 years ago come September. Think we had Eric on one wing and Arthur on the other. We ran riot.

It may have already been mentioned, but have we ever beaten Aberdeen 6-0 or by 6 goals or more before? @Purple & Green ?
5-0 in 1938 is the biggest win I think previously I've found

Eric Stevenson was my hero and I think may have been the catalyst for me supporting Hibs instead of Hearts.

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that yesterday. Ok they were piss poor and tbh we could have had another 2. It's back to reality when we go to Dingwall but it was the Hibs hit we've all been craving for 💉. There was some sexy football on show yesterday and Badloss getting the boot was the icing on the cake after slating Porto.
For those of you who couldn't make it one of the highlights not shown on sportscene was after McKirdy was subbed. The laddie had indeed done well and run himself ragged. LJ decided it was past the young fellas bedtime got the mascot to make his cocao and hooked him. Minutes later we got a penalty Nizzy and Josh were deciding who was going to take it. Next thing McKirdy the little scamp in his grey pyjamas must have slipped the mascot and ran all the way from the away end of the East across the pitch and stood between Nizzy and Josh to give advice before continuing his run over the advertising hoarding into the famous 5 with security in hot pursuit. Think he's going to have a very hot 🔥 bottom the little tyke. :53:

Have you read his book ? Great read and once went to see Hibs in a cup final instead of playing for Ayr Utd, his team at the time.

Thanks for the just back. Really pleased for young Josh. He's taken a lot of stick from his fellow hibees but like you, I've always stuck with the laddie and seen something in him.
March on young felly

Eric Stevenson was my hero and I think may have been the catalyst for me supporting Hibs instead of Hearts.
I'm shocked. 😱 You considered supporting the puddledrinkers? 🤯

I'm shocked. 😱 You considered supporting the puddledrinkers? 🤯
My entire family are hearts supporters mate.

Surely your Bounce handle should be "Black Sheep" then. 😆

Surely your Bounce handle should be "Black Sheep" then. 😆
In my mind they are all the black sheep of the family.

As well as you being a good c**t who washes of course?

Reactions: Dub
👀 just couldn’t ever imagine you a gunt dub 🤷‍♂️👍🤪

• Haha
Reactions: Dub
I remember you telling me… The great escape mate 🤣

Yes me too...hero I mean. Never considered that other mob 😛

Yesterday was just what every Hibee needed after almost unexpectedly losing our star striker Nisbet and our centre half Bushiri in the previous 6 days.

Before the game started I was hoping we could get a draw and Hanlon's hamstring wouldn't go ping. What we got blew me away and all the folk around me in the East.

Josh Campbell was a sensation.
3 goals, 2 assists, tackles and blocks.

Fish headed the ball away and put his foot straight through it on numerous occasions which was exactly what I wanted him to do and Paul Hanlon had a great game in the centre of our defence beside him and Stevenson battled all afternoon.

Jeggo is a straight forward unspectacular disciplined defensive midfield stopper. He is exactly what we needed and he will produce that performance level every game. A good 1st signing for the new transfer policy.

Youan and McGeady disrupted the Aberdeen defence all day.
Youan popped up all across the front line and his pace and fleet of foot were a constant headache for the opposition. His best game so far for Hibs.
McGeady is fantastic at controlling the ball and taking care of it. He looks strong, fit and confident and I think we will see him contribute assists and perhaps even a goal in the next 4 games.

Lots of the players will benefit from yesterday, Fish played his 1st senior 90 minutes and scored a goal, Miller finally got back on the pitch after months of injury, Youan scored a goal and looked the part, McIntyre and O'Connor played in front of a big crowd again and O'Connor won a penalty, McKirdy made his longest Hibs appearance to date and Jeggo has had another game with his new team-mates. All good.

15 games to go.
We now have a midweek game against Ross County followed by a game on Saturday 4th February against St Mirren.
Magennis and JDH should return after that with only one Hibs game between the 4th February and the 4th March.
We desperately need another centre half in by Tuesday night. No way we can rely on the Hanlon hamstring holding up until the end of the season.

Great to have some calm and happiness after a brutal week of negativity.

Last edited:
Many thanks for yet another brilliant Just Back Mark - much appreciated.
We'll done to LJ , the team and in particular Josh Campbell on a superb performance. McGeady is worthy a special mention - always looks exciting on the ball.
Hibs - it's the hope that kills you. GGTTH

Badloss for goodwin then 🤣

Thanks for the just back 1875, fuckin typical Hibs decide tae turn it on when I'm 37000 ft up.
I'll fly tae krakow every weekend if it helps

Thanks for the just back 1875, fuckin typical Hibs decide tae turn it on when I'm 37000 ft up.
I'll fly tae krakow every weekend if it helps
Gorgeous city.

Gorgeous city.
Decent beer.

Apparently the so-called Ultras were the ones dressed all in black in the south stand. Apparently they were actually cheering Hibs goals towards the end.

This thread has been viewed 7812 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50