• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Just Back 24 Hours Later

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay, but here's my crack at just back with the benefit of a days reflection and watching the goals on BT Sport. I was right up the back, behind the goals so the view was rubbish. I could see what happened, but it was awfy far away.

The game: Well, no many teams score two against Celtic, and there were points in the game that we seemed able to trouble them. In all honesty, the game was gone after 21 minutes when we were 2-0 down - infuriating because firstly the injury to their defender took the sting out of their early attempts at steamrollering us and secondly they didn't have to work hard for their goals - we just didn't get tight enough and we just didn't defend well enough. Celtic are a good side, certainly of a better standard than us but as Livingston showed they are beatable, and as we well know Lennon has some shortcomings as a coach. I'm not sure if they played well on the day, or we just made them look good. meh.

The players:

Chris Maxwell - I'm pretty neutral on him, he didn't really keep the score down and he made a howler at the corner for Scott Browns first.

Tom James - my suspicion is that he was targetted as a weak link in the team. Looked extremely uncomfortable all afternoon and it seemed most of the chances came from his side. Cracking cross for Kamberi's goal, but he doesn't do enough of that

Paul Hanlon - He struggled to cope with the celtic forwards, as a pair Paul and and Adam look soft and vulnerable.

Adam Jackson - Only playing because Porteous was suspended. For a defender, he needs to work on his defending.

Lewis Stevenson - I thought Lewis did okay, and our left was more safe than our right

Josh Vela - painful to watch. he looks for all the world that he doesn't want to be here. He should have been hooked long before he was.

Melker Hallberg - I think he looks a real player, trying to get fitness in a poor system and side. Took his goal well. Surprised he wasn't hooked because he seemed to be running on empty towards the end.

Daryl Horgan - I thought Daryl done okay, buzzed about and worked hard.

Scott Allan - took a bit of a kicking from Scott Brown, clearly targeted as a player who could hurt them. He just didn't get going.

Stevie Mallan - he's a central midfielder. he's a quality player, but he has defensive shortcomings. Don't play him as a wide midfielder in a 4 2 3 1 system, he's not suited to it.

Christian Doidge - Chris Killen would be a great player in this system. Christian Doidge is no Chris Killen.

Subs

Kamberi for Vela 46 mins Flo is an enigma, but he brought something and scored a cracking goal. Kamberi playing wide to Doidge would be an improvement but it leaves us with precious few striking options from the bench unless we use Boyle there, which would be a waste.

Slivka for Horgan 68 mins I don't understand what PHB thought he was going to do having been missing since August. He did okay, but we didn't need player to do okay, we needed players to make an impact at 4-2 down. If he's half fit though, he's a much better option than Vela.

Boyle for Doidge 76 mins I thought it was too little too late, and I thought Hallberg would have been a better sacrifice rather than Doidge. Martin had little impact, but he's a welcome option returning and looks more effective than Middleton or Newell. Like Slivka, little game time since August.

PHB. I've read and digested the usual tirade towards him post game, but there were some positives. I think what is going to seal his fate is that he seems completely incapable of setting up a team to defend. I've absolutely no faith that Hibs will keep a clean sheet in November, and that effectively means our first goal is to get a draw at best. The subs were strange, and he trusts players like Vela on the big occasion while ditching Middleton altogether, and keeping Newell sidelined. Nobody, not even him, seems to know what our best side is to fit his chosen formation.

The ref and linesman - usual rubbish standard, didn't cost us the game. Shocker of a call at the second, hopefully the linesman finds another day job soon as he'll be insufferable waving his flag more often. Hope Hibs complain about him.

The fans - thanks to Kieran for sorting me and the bairns tickets, and good to see 1875 and the old faces at Stamperland. I thought the fans at the game gave the team decent backing, and fair number were there to the end. I'm Hibs until the end, me.

Leaders. Looking at the team, we have a shortage of captains and leaders.

Onwards and upwards GGTTH

Thanks for report. Goalie had a couple of decent saves. I'm guessing on the 2nd goal it was because the guy offside wasnt the one who went for the ball. Anyway we need Gray and McGregor back and fast..though I'm not sure they will even be the players they were a couple of seasons ago..nor get up to speed quickly

Sorry for the delay, but here's my crack at just back with the benefit of a days reflection and watching the goals on BT Sport. I was right up the back, behind the goals so the view was rubbish. I could see what happened, but it was awfy far away.

The game: Well, no many teams score two against Celtic, and there were points in the game that we seemed able to trouble them. In all honesty, the game was gone after 21 minutes when we were 2-0 down - infuriating because firstly the injury to their defender took the sting out of their early attempts at steamrollering us and secondly they didn't have to work hard for their goals - we just didn't get tight enough and we just didn't defend well enough. Celtic are a good side, certainly of a better standard than us but as Livingston showed they are beatable, and as we well know Lennon has some shortcomings as a coach. I'm not sure if they played well on the day, or we just made them look good. meh.

The players:

Chris Maxwell - I'm pretty neutral on him, he didn't really keep the score down and he made a howler at the corner for Scott Browns first.

Tom James - my suspicion is that he was targetted as a weak link in the team. Looked extremely uncomfortable all afternoon and it seemed most of the chances came from his side. Cracking cross for Kamberi's goal, but he doesn't do enough of that

Paul Hanlon - He struggled to cope with the celtic forwards, as a pair Paul and and Adam look soft and vulnerable.

Adam Jackson - Only playing because Porteous was suspended. For a defender, he needs to work on his defending.

Lewis Stevenson - I thought Lewis did okay, and our left was more safe than our right

Josh Vela - painful to watch. he looks for all the world that he doesn't want to be here. He should have been hooked long before he was.

Melker Hallberg - I think he looks a real player, trying to get fitness in a poor system and side. Took his goal well. Surprised he wasn't hooked because he seemed to be running on empty towards the end.

Daryl Horgan - I thought Daryl done okay, buzzed about and worked hard.

Scott Allan - took a bit of a kicking from Scott Brown, clearly targeted as a player who could hurt them. He just didn't get going.

Stevie Mallan - he's a central midfielder. he's a quality player, but he has defensive shortcomings. Don't play him as a wide midfielder in a 4 2 3 1 system, he's not suited to it.

Christian Doidge - Chris Killen would be a great player in this system. Christian Doidge is no Chris Killen.

Subs

Kamberi for Vela 46 mins Flo is an enigma, but he brought something and scored a cracking goal. Kamberi playing wide to Doidge would be an improvement but it leaves us with precious few striking options from the bench unless we use Boyle there, which would be a waste.

Slivka for Horgan 68 mins I don't understand what PHB thought he was going to do having been missing since August. He did okay, but we didn't need player to do okay, we needed players to make an impact at 4-2 down. If he's half fit though, he's a much better option than Vela.

Boyle for Doidge 76 mins I thought it was too little too late, and I thought Hallberg would have been a better sacrifice rather than Doidge. Martin had little impact, but he's a welcome option returning and looks more effective than Middleton or Newell. Like Slivka, little game time since August.

PHB. I've read and digested the usual tirade towards him post game, but there were some positives. I think what is going to seal his fate is that he seems completely incapable of setting up a team to defend. I've absolutely no faith that Hibs will keep a clean sheet in November, and that effectively means our first goal is to get a draw at best. The subs were strange, and he trusts players like Vela on the big occasion while ditching Middleton altogether, and keeping Newell sidelined. Nobody, not even him, seems to know what our best side is to fit his chosen formation.

The ref and linesman - usual rubbish standard, didn't cost us the game. Shocker of a call at the second, hopefully the linesman finds another day job soon as he'll be insufferable waving his flag more often. Hope Hibs complain about him.

The fans - thanks to Kieran for sorting me and the bairns tickets, and good to see 1875 and the old faces at Stamperland. I thought the fans at the game gave the team decent backing, and fair number were there to the end. I'm Hibs until the end, me.

Leaders. Looking at the team, we have a shortage of captains and leaders.

Onwards and upwards GGTTH
Very fair summary..as you said it's so frustrating that we consistently concede such soft goals and often at crucial times in games. There are times in most matches I've seen when we actually trouble teams going forward but a mixture of poor finishing (Doidge mostly) and poor decision making scupper our goal threat.

My main gripe is that there doesn't look to be a group of players who are capable of playing the system Heckingbottom wants . They are either too slow or too lazy or aren't comfortable tactically in being tasked with the role they are given. Our shape without the ball is abysmal.

I dont see results improving with this group..I think they are mostly moderate to poor players..playing with no confidence in a system they dont like. Not a good combination.

A combination of Boyle getting back to fitness and reinstating Kamberi as a regular starter would improve our goalscoring options. Its anyone's guess what combination of players would stop conceding goals..I dont think there is one tbh.

It's going to be a long season.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Thanks B, good to see you yesterday.

I've not had the heart to watch any of it again.
Everything has been said about Doidge and Vela, I do t need to add it . Except they are fuking pish, and Have had more than enough enough chances to get up to speed , and it just isn't going to happen.
Maxwell is a poorer option than Rocky, every man and his dug can see that , well everyone except the man at the wheel.
Yeah the game was lost a 2 nil but we did have a period during the 2nd half where we won every ball ,and looked dangerous .
The Hibs fans dug in , the smellies singing about wars and 10 in a row just reminded me how much of a shame they bring to our sport.
Heckingbottoms team selection just make his position a joke. He isn't going to change , I'm not convinced he wants to be here any longer , it's the only explanation for his continuous stubbornness.
thanks again to the peeps who made yesterday a good day out .

Our shape without the ball is abysmal.

For me that's the easiest to resolve and a real quick win. As we are in November 18 odd games in I think the chances of PHB being able to fix it are in percentage terms rounded to the nearest whole number zero.

Last edited:
Thanks for report. Goalie had a couple of decent saves. I'm guessing on the 2nd goal it was because the guy offside wasnt the one who went for the ball. Anyway we need Gray and McGregor back and fast..though I'm not sure they will even be the players they were a couple of seasons ago..nor get up to speed quickly

they both look offside on the highlights

PHB doesnt really give himself a chance as Rocky is a better keeper than Maxwell, Flo is a better striker than Doidge and I am a better midfield player than Vela and so is everyone else.

But of course he is from Yorkshire a notoriously small minded part of England where you call a spade a spade and you always know best even when you patently dont.

Saturday was a free hit but we looked slow, lazy and scared every time Celtc moved forward with pace which should have been combatted with a simple shape with players constantly drilled to know where they should be and who they should pick up and who should back up.

It never looks like we work hard on the training pitch and prepare properly for games. We always look like a bunch of individual defenders or individual midfielders rather than team units working, fighting and playing for each other after constant drills and repitition.

Credit to our goals though as they were well worked and well finished and the fans tried hard but it was a game we were never really in and it was a game where we weren't really set up to compete.

Slivka for Horgan towards the end I thought summed up PHB.

Dull, lazy, unimaginitive and all rather pointless but having to do something to justify why he is still there.

He better be fucking punted by the time I wake up tomorrow. Clown!

Supposedly something happening at east mains this morning, hope it’s a press conference

Supposedly something happening at east mains this morning, hope it’s a press conference
??

Wouldn't have a press conference to announce a sacking, I don't think. That would be done in a statement.
No doubt it'll be a community project ...

they both look offside on the highlights
Was right in line at the time and thought the goal scorer was onside, replays show he wasn't.

Douglas Ross, Tory MP cheers for that.

Wouldn't have a press conference to announce a sacking, I don't think. That would be done in a statement.
No doubt it'll be a community project ...
Or maybe a press conference backing the "manager" and how the club are right behind him

Was right in line at the time and thought the goal scorer was onside, replays show he wasn't.

Douglas Ross, Tory MP cheers for that.
He’s jacked I see.

He’s jacked I see.
Wrong Tory, Douglas Ross is the linesman, Ross thomson is the yin that quit, the other yin should hopefully be oot at the election though

Ahh soz, i wondered how he wisnae getting slated for his weirdo behaviour.

But of course he is from Yorkshire a notoriously small minded part of England where you call a spade a spade and you always know best even when you patently dont.

I’ve had to report this as it’s wholly unacceptable.
Good mate of mine - Dangerous Doug - is from Harrogate hence the nickname The Harrogate Humper due to his success at riding absolutely anything.

Initial findings are that he is absolutely furious at you. I’ve pointed out your BVB football tourism which did nothing to calm him down.

Watch your back (doors) Sammy ⛔

I'm hoping at least that it's something positive eminating from our new owner Ron Gordon as he is over here just now...our club is in crisis (they will deny this of course) and it would be encouraging to at least hear something reassuring and positive from the people who actually run our club as to how they are going to get the fans back on board and the team to start actually winning football matches again.

Ahh soz, i wondered how he wisnae getting slated for his weirdo behaviour.
easy mistake tae make tae be fair, they're baith smug tory pricks

I'm hoping at least that it's something positive eminating from our new owner Ron Gordon as he is over here just now...our club is in crisis (they will deny this of course) and it would be encouraging to at least hear something reassuring and positive from the people who actually run our club as to how they are going to get the fans back on board and the team to start actually winning football matches again.
I have a solution for that bit, get rid of a manger who sets us up no tae lose games instead of trying tae win them. I suspect that whatever the news is unfortunately it's probably no going tae be that and we'll be stuck with the yorkshire pudding for a while yet

There are not words to describe the treatment of the fans from our board.They are so removed from the views of the fans it’s not real. Does anyone want him to stay as manager.I very much doubt it.

Or maybe a press conference backing the "manager" and how the club are right behind him

No chance. He's done.

No chance. He's done.
I've been thinking/hoping/praying that week after week after week after the defeats/shitty draws have racked up but nothing seems to be happening

Doidge scored a goal in training? :sm113:

If you're going to make stuff up at least try and make it remotely realistic?

mair chance of honkinbottom getting sacked though

I think the development game has been moved to East Mains today so that might be why theres activity.

I honestly dont think Ron will punt Heckingbottom as long as he works quietly within a budget. The smug arrogance eminating from The Board still seems to be that we will be fine and fans are over reacting to results.

I wish Ron would just sell up and fuck the fuck back off tbh.

I think the development game has been moved to East Mains today so that might be why theres activity.

I honestly dont think Ron will punt Heckingbottom as long as he works quietly within a budget. The smug arrogance eminating from The Board still seems to be that we will be fine and fans are over reacting to results.

I wish Ron would just sell up and fuck the fuck back off tbh.

The Development Team game is tomorrow, so it can't be that.
Heckingbottom won't last much longer. They might give him the St Johnstone game as it is an absolute must win match.
Another international break follows so the board may see that as the time for him to go if we lose to Saints.
No club in the world is going to stick with a manager with a record as bad as Heckingbottom's.

The Development Team game is tomorrow, so it can't be that.
Heckingbottom won't last much longer. They might give him the St Johnstone game as it is an absolute must win match.
Another international break follows so the board may see that as the time for him to go if we lose to Saints.
No club in the world is going to stick with a manager with a record as bad as Heckingbottom's.
Surely that would be the best reason tae punt him now then because with him there it'll just be another mustn't lose game.

Surely that would be the best reason tae punt him now then because with him there it'll just be another mustn't lose game.
Possibly.

And what if we beat St Johnstone? Does that mean he gets another 6 weeks till we go 5 more fuckin games without a win?

And what if we beat St Johnstone? Does that mean he gets another 6 weeks till we go 5 more fuckin games without a win?
I know what you mean, i'm just saying that with such a huge match coming up it might be better to prepare for game without the disruption of a managerial sacking and caretaker appointment in the days beforehand. Just playing devils advocate...

Wasn't meaning to be aggressive towards you lol just the current Fucking situation!

The thing I struggle with most is that for all his revelatory sports science, stat tracking, new broom, best practice chat, the players who were blowing out their arse by half time a year ago are blowing out their arse by half time now. They aren't any fitter and they don't look like they've been working on tactics. So what in fuck are they doing during the week?

so has anybody heard what this was aboot if indeed it was anything at all or even happened?

This thread has been viewed 3304 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back